Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 9th November 2015, 16:42   #181
BHPian

Re: Help Needed to decide - Mahindra Mojo

Quote:
Originally Posted by kailashnj View Post
Friends.

I made full payment on 2nd Nov and again confirmed that the delivery will be on schedule i.e 9th Nov - Dhanteras day.
Today morning at 10:00 I get a message that the bike is not available and will be only delivered on 22nd Nov.
Why did you make a full payment without physically checking out the bike that was allotted to you ?

Check with the dealer why did everyone lie to you. Then take a call.
Old 9th November 2015, 16:48   #182
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Now I have an option of either taking the black Mojo, or wait till 22nd Nov for my bike or take full refund and buy another bike.
Mate I understand your situation as I too faced the same dilemma while waiting for my RE Tbird500. I wanted Marine Blue colour and the dealer said he can give me ready delivery for Lightning Brown. I declined his offer and chose to wait it out, a decision which I don't regret. My suggestion to you is if your heart is set on the Mojo then a little waiting will do no harm. You will get the colour of your choice and will be happy with it. The time when you take the delivery of your beloved motorcycle all the negative thoughts will just vanish away. Wait it out mate and you will never regret your decision.
navin_v8 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 9th November 2015, 16:50   #183
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by freedom View Post
Why did you make a full payment without physically checking out the bike that was allotted to you ?

Check with the dealer why did everyone lie to you. Then take a call.
I was told that the bike is allotted only after full payment, hence did that. I checked not only with the Dealer, but the Regional Sales Manager from Mahindra - Kamlesh Singh Rana, he also kept on saying that the bike will be delivered today. In fact it was him who had confirmed with me yesterday evening that the bike will be delivered today and it was him only who send me the message that the bike is not available and will be delivered on 22nd Nov now.
Old 9th November 2015, 16:52   #184
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by freedom View Post
Mate many a times a full payment has to be made before the motorcycle is allotted to you, ditto for RE motorcycles. Only once the payment is made the chassis and engine no. is sent to you via SMS confirming the motorcycle is allotted to you. Depending on the dealer you can do the PDI before taking the delivery and sending the motorcycle for RTO registration.
Old 9th November 2015, 17:43   #185
BHPian

Now my dilema - I can take the full payment back and go for the Duke 390 which is ready stock available or wait till 22nd and take the Mojo.
Old 9th November 2015, 17:44   #186
Distinguished - BHPian

For a company that is doing its best to make a dent in the premium motorcycle market, this certainly is baffling especially given the fact that a regional sales manager is involved. I smell a rat here. I have a feeling someone with connections and / or willing to pay a little extra for a holiday delivery, jumped the line leaving you in this situation. Also keep in mind that if you knew it was only going to get delivered on the 22nd, you would not paid up on the 2nd which means you have lost interest on that amount for 2 weeks had you left it in the bank.

Here is what I suggest
1. Stick to your colour preference unless you really are indifferent. In the long run you will be happy you did.
2. Write a polite but strongly worded email to Mahindra. List out all your interactions and commitments from Mahindra employees / dealers with dates. Insist on a refund of the interest for the duration. Make social media your friend but at the same time dont go in all guns blazing. Anand Mahindra is active on Twitter.

The Mojo is a very good bike but it is unfortunate that your experience has turned out this way. Hopefully it gets resolved to your satisfaction.

P.S - I booked a Mahindra TUV 300 and after confirming my cancellation over phone and email, the sales advisor forgot to initiate it in the system. I insisted that the dealership refund the amount with interest and wrote to Mahindra customer care with all the details and email proof. They returned Rs 21,000 which included Rs 1,000 interest for the delay of 14 days.

Edit : Just saw your post. I would suggest stick to the Mojo. Get the refund on the interest.

Last edited by neil.jericho : 9th November 2015 at 17:45.
Old 9th November 2015, 18:34   #187
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by neil.jericho View Post
For a company that is doing its best to make a dent in the premium motorcycle market, this certainly is baffling especially given the fact that a regional sales manager is involved. I smell a rat here. I have a feeling someone with connections and / or willing to pay a little extra for a holiday delivery, jumped the line leaving you in this situation. Also keep in mind that if you knew it was only going to get delivered on the 22nd, you would not paid up on the 2nd which means you have lost interest on that amount for 2 weeks had you left it in the bank.

Anand Mahindra is active on Twitter.

Edit : Just saw your post. I would suggest stick to the Mojo. Get the refund on the interest.
I have already written to Anand Mahindra on Twitter but not sure how well I would be heard there. Do you know of any email address that I can write to, specially of Mr Anand mahindra.
Old 9th November 2015, 19:17   #188
Senior - BHPian

Decide on the bike you want, the D390 or the Mojo. And buy that. The waiting times shouldn't affect your purchase.

If you want the D390 more than the Mojo, cancel and book the D390.

If you want the Mojo more than the D390, either take the black if you are ok with it, or wait till the 22nd for a bike of your colour choice.

I'll be honest with you, I wanted a red colour Hunk, but I had to buy a black on parents' insistence. It is a decision I regret even now. Every time I lay my eyes on a red Hunk, I wonder *what if* I had convinced them and gotten the ride. And it'll be five years since I got the bike this January.

Waiting for 2 weeks won't seem like a big deal once you get the bike of your choice in the colour you like. Those two weeks you wait for will save you years of regret.

A bike is a decision for life, resale always takes a big hit and bikes are a special part of our lives. Don't compromise on what you want only because you might need to wait for it. Trust me!

Last edited by ashwin.terminat : 9th November 2015 at 19:28.
ashwin.terminat is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th November 2015, 10:49   #189
BHPian

Well this is unfortunate. To build up trust, Mahindra should try to stick to their commitments and provide good Sales/Service support since they are new into the premium segment market. Even I was told by my dealer that Mahindra would remain closed for 1 week during the diwali period, hence there wont be any shipment during this period. But since your dealer had committed to a delivery date, they should try to stick to it. A delay of 2 weeks is not acceptable after the given commitment. I suggest you write a mail to higher ups to get things sorted out as told by fellow BHPians.

Also, don't be in a confusion. If you have decided for a bike, I am sure you must have done good amount of research before booking it. So I suggest you stick to your initial choice and wait for your preferred colour even if it gets a bit delayed. MOJO is a great bike, looks promising in the long run.. D390 will make you regret your decision unless you are looking for raw power and less comfort.

Last edited by Funny : 10th November 2015 at 10:55.
Old 10th November 2015, 11:06   #190
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashwin.terminat View Post
Decide on the bike you want, the D390 or the Mojo. And buy that. The waiting times shouldn't affect your purchase.

Waiting for 2 weeks won't seem like a big deal once you get the bike of your choice in the colour you like. Those two weeks you wait for will save you years of regret.

A bike is a decision for life, resale always takes a big hit and bikes are a special part of our lives. Don't compromise on what you want only because you might need to wait for it. Trust me!
+1
Golden words of wisdom, those.

kailashnj

The mere question whether you should go with the D390 which is readily available over the Mojo for which you have to wait another 12 days raises a question as to how badly you want the Mojo.

All good things in life come to those who wait.

12 days is nothing. If you want a Mojo in the colour of your choice, wait for 12 days. Else, buy a black Mojo / D390 / anything else. It only matters how badly you want what you want!
Old 10th November 2015, 11:16   #191
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Now my dilema - I can take the full payment back and go for the Duke 390 which is ready stock available or wait till 22nd and take the Mojo.
If you are considering taking your money back, why not check with some dealerships if they have any Inazumas in stock? Check out the bike and if you feel it is better, take your money back otherwise just wait for the Mojo
Old 10th November 2015, 14:16   #192
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Funny View Post
Well this is unfortunate. MOJO is a great bike, looks promising in the long run.. D390 will make you regret your decision unless you are looking for raw power and less comfort.
I love the way the Mojo rides and hence bought it in the first place.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashwin.terminat View Post
If you want the Mojo more than the D390, either take the black if you are ok with it, or wait till the 22nd for a bike of your colour choice.
Trust me!
D390 was always an option but the Mojo won my heart. I am back to biking after 7 years and Mojo struck some inner cords and hence I want the Mojo but in my choice of colour. Hence no other option but to wait. But frankly I am feeling let down. Even escalating higher up is not helping.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Viju View Post
+1
All good things in life come to those who wait.

It only matters how badly you want what you want!
I really want the Mojo and had no problem waiting, but feel cheated after waiting for nearly 20 days and now I am told that I have to wait for another 12 days.

By the way I did get response to my email that I had forwarded to Dr Pawan Goenka on the mojo issue. Below is the response that I got.

Dear Kailash,

We deeply regret the inconvenience caused to you and for not being able to deliver your Mojo on Dhanteras.

I have personally reviewed the sequence of events to understand the issue and regret the miscommunication, while Mumbai received stocks they were all Charcoal Black. Having personally checked the matter, I can assure you that no Volcano Red Mojo has been delivered to any customer who booked after you. We are strictly delivering Mojos in the sequence of booking for each colour.

There is an overwhelming response for Mojo and this coupled with some constraints in the backend has caused delay. I can assure you that your Volcano Red Mojo will be delivered in the last week of Nov.

I would like to take this opportunity to thank you for booking the Mojo, which has received rave reviews from experts and termed as the best tourer in its category, but you will have to wait a little longer to Unleash your Mojo.

I assure you of superior service levels in future and look forward to long relationship.

Happy Diwali and Happy Riding.

Warm Regards,

Vinod Sahay
Chief Operating Officer
Mahindra Two Wheelers Ltd.

Last edited by kailashnj : 10th November 2015 at 14:46.
Old 10th November 2015, 15:31   #193
BHPian

Quote:
By the way I did get response to my email that I had forwarded to Dr Pawan Goenka on the mojo issue. Below is the response that I got.

Dear Kailash,

We deeply regret the inconvenience caused to you and for not being able to deliver your Mojo on Dhanteras.

I have personally reviewed the sequence of events to understand the issue and regret the miscommunication, while Mumbai received stocks they were all Charcoal Black. Having personally checked the matter, I can assure you that no Volcano Red Mojo has been delivered to any customer who booked after you. We are strictly delivering Mojos in the sequence of booking for each colour.

There is an overwhelming response for Mojo and this coupled with some constraints in the backend has caused delay. I can assure you that your Volcano Red Mojo will be delivered in the last week of Nov.

I would like to take this opportunity to thank you for booking the Mojo, which has received rave reviews from experts and termed as the best tourer in its category, but you will have to wait a little longer to Unleash your Mojo.

I assure you of superior service levels in future and look forward to long relationship.

Happy Diwali and Happy Riding.

Warm Regards,

Vinod Sahay
Chief Operating Officer
Mahindra Two Wheelers Ltd.
There you go, you were saying that there was no response from higher ups but then you get a response from the COO itself. This shows how committed they are towards their product and service. Now that things are clear, just wait for your Red MOJO, it'll come to you soon enough. After all, Patience is a virtue.
Old 10th November 2015, 16:34   #194
BHPian

Re: PIC : Mahindra's Mojo 300cc caught testing near Pune. EDIT: Now Launched

Guys now I get another email from the COO stating that there will be further delay in the delivery. Check it out below.

Hi Kailash,

Thanks for your understanding and support. In view of some constraint our production of Volcano red and Glacier white Mojo will start only around 22nd hence the vehicle will be reaching mumbai and available for delivery only in end November around 27th not before that.

We can assure you that no one who booked a Red colour mojo after you is going to get delivery before you. We hope you will be able to wait for few more days it won't be beyond that. We will also give you a surprise on the delivery date to make that extra wait worth it.

Regards,

Vinod

Sent from my iPhone
Old 10th November 2015, 17:11   #195
Senior - BHPian

Re: PIC : Mahindra's Mojo 300cc caught testing near Pune. EDIT: Now Launched

Quote:
We will also give you a surprise on the delivery date to make that extra wait worth it.

Regards,

Vinod

Sent from my iPhone
I have never seen the COO of a company selling a 300 cc bike write to a customer so often to keep you updated and on top of that, offer you a surprise for waiting.

It should be worth the wait, besides, ive ridden the D390. The Mojo is leagues better in riding position and does not sound like an industrial grinder(D390)
jaysmokesleaves is offline   (3) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks