Team-BHP > Motorbikes
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 30th July 2013, 02:22   #31
BHPian

re: PIC : Mahindra's Mojo 300cc caught testing near Pune. EDIT: Now Launched

So they finally realized that the Iron Man mask would not attract the crowd eh . Would be very interesting to see how Mahindra prices this, especially since the Duke 390 has been released at such killer pricing, and IMO it looks a million times better than the Mojo. Not to mention, they have just managed to squeeze out the same power from this engine as a Duke 200 has, despite being a almost 100 CC more. I'm sure a Mahindra can never match a KTM on the fun to ride factor either.

I would personally take the Duke 390 over this bike anyday, but let's see how many sales it can garner after its release.

Good luck Mahindra!
Old 31st July 2013, 16:21   #32
Distinguished - BHPian

Infractions: 0/1 (5)

How is Mahindra going to pit this clown against the Duke 390 & Enfield 500 TBTS? Best kill this clown continue making under powered Boleros. Maybe they can get the fleet sales division for institutional sales to circuses all over the world. They can use it as the stunt bike in the ball and clowns can entertain the crowds with it for the rest of the time.
Old 31st July 2013, 23:18   #33
BHPian

Too late now. They should've launched it in 2010 itself. In 2013, they should've released a version 2.
Old 31st July 2013, 23:38   #34
Team-BHP Support

I saw a movie where that weird thing called Austin powers lost his mojo. Is this weird contraption that mojo? Looks like it was stolen by Mahindra.
Every time Mahindra comes with a new vehicle, I always say, now they cannot make anything uglier than this. And every time they prove me wrong!
tsk1979 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 1st August 2013, 20:06   #35
BHPian

One can easily make out where they got their inspiration from.

PIC : Mahindra's Mojo 300cc caught testing near Pune. EDIT: Now Launched-mojo.jpg
EagleEye is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 2nd August 2013, 17:10   #36
Distinguished - BHPian

Infractions: 0/1 (5)

Quote:
Originally Posted by EagleEye View Post
One can easily make out where they got their inspiration from.
I will take the Monkey any day over the other contraption.
Old 8th August 2013, 20:36   #37
BHPian

Look at the rear view mirrors, they look like squeezed out Alphonso Mangoes.
But the new news that Mojo is going to be a faired bike now has not made me happy.
I hate fairings and now one more fairing bike. :(
Can we have a powerful spacious yet no fairing bike good for touring.
Old 10th August 2013, 15:33   #38
BHPian

This has to be one of the most ugly bikes on Indian roads!
Old 12th August 2013, 11:16   #39
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Dinesh Lohar shares these pictures. Thanks!

PIC : Mahindra's Mojo 300cc caught testing near Pune. EDIT: Now Launched-img_20130507_130614.jpg

PIC : Mahindra's Mojo 300cc caught testing near Pune. EDIT: Now Launched-img_20130507_130607.jpg

PIC : Mahindra's Mojo 300cc caught testing near Pune. EDIT: Now Launched-img_20130507_130547.jpg

PIC : Mahindra's Mojo 300cc caught testing near Pune. EDIT: Now Launched-img_20130507_130555.jpg
GTO is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 12th August 2013, 12:59   #40
Senior - BHPian

Why is everyone fuming on Mahindra about the design ??

When:
- Hero can launch Impulse
- Bajaj can launch Duke
- Bajaj can launch the Pulsar NS (Naked Sports)
Then why can't Mahindra launch a whacky looking powerful bike ?
The only stylish bike (in my eyes) is the Honda CBR. The rest are simply whacky. Even the Yamahas look aliens and looks like someone just snapped off their rear ends. Yamaha is only selling on the frontal design.

I have massive respect for Mahindra and believe that they can go a long way and beat the shit out of Bajaj in bikes (Difficult to beat Yamaha and Honda though).
I hope this 300CC actually has some real power and smoothness.
Mahindras need to sort out 2 things - Engine refinement of the products and After Sales.
Once that is done, I am sure that this Mojo should fly off the shelves.
Soumyajit9 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th August 2013, 13:25   #41
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soumyajit9 View Post
Why is everyone fuming on Mahindra about the design ??

When:
- Hero can launch Impulse
- Bajaj can launch Duke
- Bajaj can launch the Pulsar NS (Naked Sports)
Then why can't Mahindra launch a whacky looking powerful bike ?
The only stylish bike (in my eyes) is the Honda CBR. The rest are simply whacky. Even the Yamahas look aliens and looks like someone just snapped off their rear ends. Yamaha is only selling on the frontal design.

I have massive respect for Mahindra and believe that they can go a long way and beat the shit out of Bajaj in bikes (Difficult to beat Yamaha and Honda though).
I hope this 300CC actually has some real power and smoothness.
Mahindras need to sort out 2 things - Engine refinement of the products and After Sales.
Once that is done, I am sure that this Mojo should fly off the shelves.
All i can say is
Probably to you CBR is the only stylish bike, because it belongs to Hayabusa clan. How on earth can you call a Duke or even an Impulse weird? One is a street bike, and other a light enduro off roader sort of a motorcycle. What do you have to say about a BMW R1200GS, is it weird as well?
Coming to Mojo, it gets whacky right from the moment you pronounce its name, and the overall design from the headlights to the frame is weird and whacky.

Last edited by manson : 12th August 2013 at 19:53.
akshay4587 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 12th August 2013, 13:58   #42
BHPian

Design is very subjective, and according to me a lot of folks here have got their opinions spot on - that mojo looks stupid! a single round headlamp would do wonders..
sai_ace is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th August 2013, 14:06   #43
Senior - BHPian

Forget the twin bug eyes. Its those round double pipes below the tank that make me cringe everytime I look at a rendering. They are even there on that other bike which has a guy riding it without a shirt on in the TV ad. Talk about passing the correct message to potential riders .....
ebonho is online now   (3) Thanks
Old 12th August 2013, 14:59   #44
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by akshay4587 View Post
All i can say is
probably to you CBR is the only stylish bike,because it belongs to Hayabhoosa clan,sorry i meant Hayabusa.How on earth can you call a Duke or even an Impulse weird?,One is a street bike,and other a light enduro off roader sort of a motorcycle.What do you have to say about a BMW R1200GS is it weird as well?Coming to Mojo,it gets whacky right from the moment you pronounce its name,and the overall design from the headlights to the frame is weird and whacky.
May be correct that I like the CBR because it belongs to the Busa clan. Agreed.

And why can't the Mojo fit the likes of Duke and Impulse. How manjorly is it different from Duke and Impulse ?
Duke still looks acceptable, but Impulse, well, I hope the pillion doesn't get his back burnt with the high placed exhaust pipe.

I didn't know Bajaj stole the Impulse design from the folks at BMW !! Well, the BMW suits on International Roads with proper riding gear. Think of a college bloke with a cigarette in a hand and a mobile tucked between his ears and shoulders riding the BMW. Would it leave a nice impression on you ?

I can imagine of an ad of a foreigner wearing a proper riding gear and a baggage on the rear, riding the Mojo. Well, then probably half of the people from this thread would say Waah Waah - Mojo is a stylish bike.

Overall, I think the scoop pictures weren't clicked stylishly. Let the bike come to production, I am sure there would be many takers because of its odd design (Just like the Beat).
The only thing that worries me, is the Engine Refinement and Performance. How is Mahindra's 2Wheeler engine, is what has to be seen.
Old 12th August 2013, 17:01   #45
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ebonho View Post
Its those round double pipes below the tank that make me cringe everytime I look at a rendering....
+1 to that Doc.
Personally did not find anything wrong with the Headlight setup, remember the Triumph Street Triple had those twin bug which became a rage.

Wonder what functionality are those pipes? They look utter cheap and out of bounds in the bike. they bring down the oomph factor. Need to wait and watch how the bike performs once it has been rolled out.

PS: Forgot to add a note on the wierd looking tail section though. Would that be for the 3rd passenger lol!!!

Last edited by ku69rd : 12th August 2013 at 17:03.
ku69rd is offline   (3) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks