Team-BHP > Motorbikes
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 19th October 2015, 23:10   #166
BHPian

The mojo looks more like a sport bike than a classic thumper like an RE , I think they are bikes in different segments , though I have read a lot of blogs in this thread comparing it to an RE , as an alternative. It seems more a competitor to a KTM or a ninja , it cannot hope to give one the feeling of a heavy thumper like a bullet , if a yezdi was still there then yes, probably that would have been a more apt comparison. But then like a bullet , a yezdi is also a classic brand , mojo still has to build something.
Old 20th October 2015, 03:00   #167
BHPian

re: PIC : Mahindra's Mojo 300cc caught testing near Pune. EDIT: Now Launched

Quote:
Originally Posted by hubolt View Post
The mojo looks more like a sport bike than a classic thumper like an RE , I think they are bikes in different segments , though I have read a lot of blogs in this thread comparing it to an RE , as an alternative. It seems more a competitor to a KTM or a ninja , it cannot hope to give one the feeling of a heavy thumper like a bullet , if a yezdi was still there then yes, probably that would have been a more apt comparison. But then like a bullet , a yezdi is also a classic brand , mojo still has to build something.
I think the reason that the Mojo is being compared to RE is because it has been built to be a tourer, and currently RE motorcycles lead that (tiny) segment. The only reason to compare it with a KTM would be the close pricing and nothing more. Both bikes are built for entirely different purposes.
Old 23rd October 2015, 13:26   #168
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by payeng View Post
Lets Forget all the Gyan for the momemt.

I just want to know, who wants to Buy the MOJO here?
Well this should answer your question sir.

First MOJO in India - Bought by our forum's member
Old 25th October 2015, 17:16   #169
BHPian

Went to test drive yesterday and I had a pleasant experience at Soniya Motors, Bhandup , Mumbai. The person gave me the bike all for myself ( nobody in pillion too ) after handing them the DL. Came back very impressed. Braking is sharp, but i felt it could have given me little more feedback. Atleast i felt that if i applied it hard, i have chance to skid and fall. So an ABS might add more confidence into the ride.

Drove this in city and coming out of driving a fiero, the character of this bike is entirely different. It can take some time getting used to in city traffic ( IMHO ). In flesh looks much better than in pics.

Sound is good even with the DB-killer, the service center guys showed me without the DB-killers - it sounds little louder, but not that much to create a nuisance. Personally I felt the sound with DB-killers was better, there was a deepness in it. But I kind of heard the louder version for only a min or two, so cannot say definitely.

Clicked a red-one with saddle bags... looked cool, but pillion would have a tough time(?). Talking about pillion seat, it is in sky and its best to ride along with partner ( and not with one's mom or dad or uncle or.... ) who can hold you tight ;-)
Attached Thumbnails
PIC : Mahindra's Mojo 300cc caught testing near Pune. EDIT: Now Launched-20151025043549.jpg  

santhosh_kumard is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 26th October 2015, 09:55   #170
Senior - BHPian

Was part of breakfast ride last morning organized by the Mojo boys in Bangalore.

There were 5 bikes which was part of the media ride bikes which has the Pune registration on them. The two bikes I rode had run around 1000-1500 kms and were due for their first service.

The ride was from KR Puram to Kolar which is around 50 kms one way. There were 5 of us out of which one has already booked the bike. I was asked to get my bike so they could ride our bikes when we ride the Mojo. I declined that since I had no plans on giving my wrong sided gear shift Enfield to them to rip on the highway trying to keep up. Anyhow, at the end I was given a bike to myself .
All i knew of this bike was from what I have read here but I was pleasantly surprised.

To begin with, the bike is big and well balanced to look at as well, except for the oversize headlamps which I am not a fan of. Seating position is very relaxed and I tend to slouch in those cases, just like on a Bullet. Seats are soft enough but I had a butt ache towards the end of one ride, not bad and is a matter of getting used to.

Take off and I straight away wring the throttle and it pulls neatly and smoothly to reach decent speeds quite fast. That was the first surprise. The torque of 30nm is very much obvious especially when cruising and you want to do an overtake which can be done without a downshift or at the most shift down to 5th.
The good aspect being the bike is very stable at whatever speeds and corners can be taken at triple digit speeds quite confidently with the 'more expensive than D390 tyres' doing its bit as well.

The bike I was riding onwards, I guess had the suspension set stiff and I could feel every dip on the road. Brakes I would say are average, but do their job. ABS will be an add on when it is launched in the next few months.

The bikes can comfortably cruise at 110kmh all day and is quite comfortable at that. Open the throttle and it will be climb to more than good enough speeds for Indian expressways, but around 30 odd kmh shy of a D390. Vibrations are minimal and the power delivery is quite smooth even while cruising at triple digits.
Windblast is pronounced only after around 120kmh. The engine has enough grunt to keep good speeds and still accelerate with a pillion as well.

The tank is a massive one and is chambered inside so that fuel sploshing does not upset the balance since it is top heavy.

It is surprising that Mahindra known to be a UV manufacturer launched a good touring bike like the Mojo and they are going all out in promoting and awareness as well.

The ride we did was also for the showroom guys to promote the bike to other biking groups at the stop we had. And from the looks of it, there were quite a few interested bikers who were impressed.

From a Bulleteer point of view, I would see it as a capable cruiser at a price which is just shy of the the TB500.
The major drawback of this bike as I found on the way back since I had a pillion, was it is as good as the D390.
The rear seat has a slight slope to it and tappers to the back. Add to that the high set rear foot pegs and the position , especially for tall people is a torture.
Mahindra are planning to launch a rear seat grabrail cum carrier along with some other accessories like windshield and crashguards in the future.

On the return , I took a bike which had the baffles removed and instead had an aftermarket one installed which had a nice note to it especially when blipping the throttle when downshifting. I would prefer the stock ones which are perfect. The exhaust system unlike I thought, is a 1x2 system with the split after the cat-con. Since it is a DOHC engine, I thought there would be actually two headers.

Since I have been using a D390 the last few weeks, I would say the power of this bike is like the naturally aspirated version of the D390, assuming the Duke was turbocharged

For the price they are selling it at which is an introductory price till Diwali, it is totally worth it. My only concern - will they support the customers if this does not take off. From what the guys told me, Mahindra has been testing this bike for ages and they would not remove it from the market because of low sales.

Mahindra Mojo Bangalore had invited me for the breakfast ride since I had signed up for a test ride on their website.
Attached Thumbnails
PIC : Mahindra's Mojo 300cc caught testing near Pune. EDIT: Now Launched-img_20151025_080150.jpg  

tharian is online now   (12) Thanks
Old 26th October 2015, 12:16   #171
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by tharian View Post
From a Bulleteer point of view, I would see it as a capable cruiser at a price which is just shy of the the TB500.
tharian mate your take on the Mojo is very important for the Bulleteer crowd. Brand name not withstanding the Mahindra Mojo has the potential to give some tough competition to RE as well as other manufacturers. The sheer amount of equipment they have crammed in this bike is surely to be credited for. As a Tbird500 owner I am keen on watching this motorcycle closely. Comparison with RE motorcycles will be made as they cost nearly the same and are touted as tourers. Wonderful review on the test ride
navin_v8 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th October 2015, 12:47   #172
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by navin_v8 View Post
tharian mate your take on the Mojo is very important for the Bulleteer crowd. Brand name not withstanding the Mahindra Mojo has the potential to give some tough competition to RE as well as other manufacturers. The sheer amount of equipment they have crammed in this bike is surely to be credited for. As a Tbird500 owner I am keen on watching this motorcycle closely. Comparison with RE motorcycles will be made as they cost nearly the same and are touted as tourers. Wonderful review on the test ride
Yes, the TB500 is a direct competitor in terms or price and power and to an extent what the bike is meant for. I would see the Mojo as a sports-cruiser .

Leave the pillion seat of the Mojo aside, which is actually an important factor in touring, TB500 and Mojo is in the same segment and equally capable . Mojo has a few advantages, mainly the power delivery.

I haven't ridden the TB500 as much as this, so I won't comment on the cruising speed and the likes.

The other advantage of the Mojo is the higher top end. But, there is hardly anyone who will tour with the needle stuck at the right edge.

Cruising speed and wind blast is something I liked on the Mojo.
I was able to cruise effortlessly at around 110kmh with hardly any windblast or discomfort and that is something which I appreciate a lot in a long trip.
Not just doing good time, but you are not tired at the end of a ride.

I would say, with this launch, RE better get the Himalyan right from day 1.

If it wasn't for the company name 'Mahindra' and if this was from a tenured bike manufacturer, I am quite sure it will sell decent numbers and that frame of mind is what Mahindra is trying to remove.

Last edited by tharian : 26th October 2015 at 12:49.
tharian is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 26th October 2015, 13:57   #173
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by tharian View Post
I would say, with this launch, RE better get the Himalyan right from day 1.
You said my words mate. RE should not take their customers for granted anymore. Although Himalayan and Mojo belong to a different category I still feel RE can take a leaf from Mahindra two wheeler stable to give enough equipment and grunt to the upcoming Himalayan.
navin_v8 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th October 2015, 15:45   #174
BHPian

Re: PIC : Mahindra's Mojo 300cc caught testing near Pune. EDIT: Now Launched

Mojo is a good product. A good mix between performance (KTMs) and touring capabilities (REs). I am considering a test ride soon. Regarding the launch offers, does any one know whether the 5Yrs warranty is valid till diwali or not?
Also If you do book now (only with the booking amount) and the bike arrives at the dealership only after the launch offers have expired, would the offer still stand valid or will the dealer refuse it?
Old 27th October 2015, 15:54   #175
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Funny View Post
. Regarding the launch offers, does any one know whether the 5Yrs warranty is valid till diwali or not?
As per the dealer I talked to the 5 years warranty can be availed at a very nominal price ( something in the order of 2K , I am not very sure the amount, but it was cheap for 5 years warranty ), the launch offer was for apparently the first 500 bikes where they were giving it for free.
santhosh_kumard is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th October 2015, 15:59   #176
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by santhosh_kumard View Post
As per the dealer I talked to the 5 years warranty can be availed at a very nominal price ( something in the order of 2K , I am not very sure the amount, but it was cheap for 5 years warranty ), the launch offer was for apparently the first 500 bikes where they were giving it for free.
That said, even though the cost is nominal, is it recommended to go for an extended warranty given that they have done extensive R&D before launching the bike? I intend to keep the bike for at least 2-3 years from now.
Old 29th October 2015, 02:17   #177
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by santhosh_kumard View Post
The price of extended warranty as for by the manager at bhandup is 1250 for 3 years extended. I will be taking that with my bike. Expecting my bike soon now.
kailashnj is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th November 2015, 08:56   #178
BHPian

Cross posting from another thread on wicked ride.
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/motorb...ml#post3842213

I had been there to collect a Harley Davidson Iron 883 from Wicked Ride office in Jayanagar (Bangalore).
I saw a brand new Mojo with them.

I asked them when are they starting rental for the Mojo and they said they are waiting for the bike to be registered, then they will do the run-in and then servicing and only then they will start rentals for the Mojo.

I am eagerly awaiting it.

I MUST ADMIT - the bike looked Much better in flesh than in the pictures!

Pics below:
PIC : Mahindra's Mojo 300cc caught testing near Pune. EDIT: Now Launched-img_20151105_134914537.jpg

PIC : Mahindra's Mojo 300cc caught testing near Pune. EDIT: Now Launched-img_20151105_134933896.jpg

PIC : Mahindra's Mojo 300cc caught testing near Pune. EDIT: Now Launched-img_20151105_134927396.jpg
daretodream is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th November 2015, 23:04   #179
BHPian

Went to test ride the MOJO today, came back impressed. Coming from an 150CC commuter, the power surge is very evident. Brakes are adequate for stopping the beast and the front is a bit heavy but feels very stable and confidence inspiring. MOJO sounds too good with the stock DB killers (grabs a lot of attention), so didn't bother about the non-DB killer version.
The bike is heavy at 180+ kgs, but you won't feel the heavy weight unless you are trying to park it in a tight spot. Also the dealership manager informed me that the introductory price might go up by atleast 10% after diwali (not sure if its true) and if the booking is done within the introductory period, you are safe from any price hikes.
Also the MOJO comes with 2yrs standard warranty and you can opt for an extended warranty at a minimal price. 1yr at Rs.750, 2yrs at Rs.999 and 3yrs at Rs.1150, only if you purchase it within 90 days from delivery and beyond that the price increases by around Rs.250. (till 1st year, beyond which you cannot purchase extended warranty)

Anyway, I have booked the MOJO in Volcano Red and the expected delivery is around 1st week of December. Now the wait begins..

Here are some pics I took today :
P.S: Don't mind the quality as it was taken from my phone
PIC : Mahindra's Mojo 300cc caught testing near Pune. EDIT: Now Launched-p_20151107_163450.jpg

PIC : Mahindra's Mojo 300cc caught testing near Pune. EDIT: Now Launched-p_20151107_163515.jpg

PIC : Mahindra's Mojo 300cc caught testing near Pune. EDIT: Now Launched-p_20151107_163545.jpg

PIC : Mahindra's Mojo 300cc caught testing near Pune. EDIT: Now Launched-p_20151107_163607.jpg
Funny is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th November 2015, 16:22   #180
BHPian

Help Needed to decide - Mahindra Mojo

Friends.

I need you help to decide on my situation at the moment.

I had booked my bike on 20th Oct and was told that the bike will be delivered by today 9th Nov. Kept on following up with the Mojo Manager about the dates and was reassured of the delivery.

I made full payment on 2nd Nov and again confirmed that the delivery will be on schedule i.e 9th Nov - Dhanteras day. Even followed up with them yesterday at 7:30 and was told that yes the delivery will be done on Monday morning. Today morning at 10:00 I get a message that the bike is not available and will be only delivered on 22nd Nov. I am dejected with this. They are offering me the black colour Mojo instead of the Red/white that I had selected if I need it today or tomorrow. Red/white will be delayed as the Mahindra plant is closed for 1 week.

Now I have an option of either taking the black Mojo, or wait till 22nd Nov for my bike or take full refund and buy another bike.

So guys, I need help, Kindly suggest.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks