Team-BHP > Motorbikes
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 1st July 2015, 11:16   #91
Senior - BHPian

re: PIC : Mahindra's Mojo 300cc caught testing near Pune. EDIT: Now Launched

Quote:
Originally Posted by payeng View Post
Lets Forget all the Gyan for the momemt.

I just want to know, who wants to Buy the MOJO here?
I would have bought if I didn't have the T-bird.
But then we need to know the price.
Is it less than KTM?

Quote:
The problem with Mojo is that.. I can't make out in which category of motorcycle it really falls..

.. anyone?
To be honest I actually like the shape. Its is not too low slung like sports bike, neither having extremely useless apehanger present in "cruisers".
It appears to be like a perfect city street bike that can be taken for a spin to the highways and beyond.
First Karizma?
First CBZ? (Actually I don't remember if it was introduced as low slung or normal handlebars)

Last edited by alpha1 : 1st July 2015 at 11:21.
Old 1st July 2015, 11:27   #92
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by alpha1 View Post
I would have bought if I didn't have the T-bird.
Is it less than KTM?

To be honest I actually like the shape. Its is not too low slung like sports bike, neither having extremely useless apehanger present in "cruisers".
It appears to be like a perfect city street bike that can be taken for a spin to the highways and beyond.

Ok, I might be getting the picture here.

Like the T-Bird which is neither a proper "Street Bike" nor a "Classic Cruiser".. but somewhere in between (nevertheless essentially a bike meant primarily for commuting). Probably so would be the Mojo.

P.S: By the way we Indians even take our Chetaks, Platinas, Splendors, Pulsars, R15's etc. to Highway/Leh Laddakh as Touring bikes.

Last edited by payeng : 1st July 2015 at 11:30.
payeng is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st July 2015, 11:50   #93
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Like the T-Bird which is neither a proper "Street Bike" nor a "Classic Cruiser".. but somewhere in between (nevertheless essentially a bike meant primarily for commuting).
Maybe along the same lines of Ducati Diavel. One thing I felt from the pics is that the rake angle is a bit too cruiser-ish. Gut feeling says that it will be a very good mile muncher and it will not be slow anyway..
Old 1st July 2015, 11:55   #94
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by alpha1 View Post
Is it less than KTM?
I would be surprised if Mojo beats KTM in pricing. KTM is backed by Bajaj and Duke and RC shares components with Pulsar making them highly cost effective. Also, considering the Dukes and RC sell all over world, there is huge advantage of scale.

Quote:
Like the T-Bird which is neither a proper "Street Bike" nor a "Classic Cruiser".. but somewhere in between (nevertheless essentially a bike meant primarily for commuting). Probably so would be the Mojo.
Mojo is certainly a mix and match but is it a bad thing? Where people use RC390 for commuting and Pulsar 150 for touring, will it hurt to have a jack of all trades bike?
Old 1st July 2015, 12:36   #95
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by man_of_steel View Post
Maybe along the same lines of Ducati Diavel.

One thing I felt from the pics is that the rake angle is a bit too cruiser-ish. Gut feeling says that it will be a very good mile muncher and it will not be slow anyway..
The Diavel falls into a relatively new genre of motorcycles which can be called as "POWER CRUISERS":

The likes of Yamaha V-Max, Triumph Rocket III Roadster and of course the Ducati Diavel can be said to belong to that category (I wouldn't put the Harley V-Rod in that category because of its cruiser like "feet forward" position).

Our very own Pulsar CS400 would be the desi version of a Power Cruiser motorcycle.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ksameer1234 View Post
Mojo is certainly a mix and match but is it a bad thing?
The execution and packaging could have been better.

Nevertheless... I would like to see what happens after 2 years of its launch.

Last edited by payeng : 1st July 2015 at 12:46.
Old 1st July 2015, 12:51   #96
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
The Diavel falls into a relatively new genre of motorcycles which can be called as "POWER CRUISERS":

The likes of Yamaha V-Max, Triumph Rocket III Roadster and of course the Ducati Diavel can be said to belong to that category (I wouldn't put the Harley V-Rod in that category because of its cruiser like "feet forward" position).

Our very own Pulsar CS400 would be the desi version of a Power Cruiser motorcycle.
Exactly. This could be included in the same genre. A perfectly powerful cruiser without the traditional niggles of a cruiser.

I would still keep the Diavel apart from the V-Max and Rocket-III owing to its beautiful handling.
Old 1st July 2015, 13:03   #97
BHPian

Quote:
Lets Forget all the Gyan for the momemt.

I just want to know, who wants to Buy the MOJO here?
I think this will again go down as a product which some of us would like to own but none of us will actually buy it. Probably because it is a Mahindra Bike and that too in a segment where Brand value will really matter for someone spending 2 Lac.

From the value perspective, this is a great bike. Even if they price it at 1.6-1.7 Lac on road(Read CBR 250R) you are getting USD's, Pirelli Tyres, 50 More CC, 5 more BHP. But this being a Mahindra and not a Honda does not have the Brand value. If you tell anyone that you have got a Mahindra Bike for more than 1.5 lacs, most of them would dismiss you smiling.
Old 1st July 2015, 13:05   #98
Senior - BHPian

Just for my reference attaching the data extracted from Bikewale on various prices.

I anticipate 1.5-2 lakhs
Attached Images

alpha1 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th July 2015, 12:27   #99
Senior - BHPian

I spotted what can be called a production version of the long awaited Mahindra Mojo on JVLR (Jogeshwari Vikhroli Link Road) Mumbai yesterday. I managed to click just one photo just in time as the signal was about to go green. I was in my office cab when I took the photo so excuse for the poor quality.
PIC : Mahindra's Mojo 300cc caught testing near Pune. EDIT: Now Launched-20150706183806.jpg
navin_v8 is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 7th July 2015, 15:30   #100
Senior - BHPian

Why do OEMs like Mahindra make sure that people have zero interest left in their products by the time they are launched?

The Mojo was showcased so many years ago and people are tired of seeing spy shots. It is as if the entire development cycle, design changes etc are being documented in public!!

They don't even bother camouflaging their product which they themselves are not sure when they will be able to launch! Hopeless! The design is looking so aged and tired by now.

I really hope the guys in the picture above are not MTWL's test engineers, wearing slippers, cap etc!
Viju is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd August 2015, 00:32   #101
BHPian

Finally we have the details of Mahindra Mojo. The launch is very close now and a well connected birdie has confirmed that it is indeed in the last week of September. Here are the latest pictures revealing various detaiis.

Source: http://www.motorbeam.com/2015/08/bik...iled-pictures/
Attached Thumbnails
PIC : Mahindra's Mojo 300cc caught testing near Pune. EDIT: Now Launched-mahindramojo1.jpg  

PIC : Mahindra's Mojo 300cc caught testing near Pune. EDIT: Now Launched-mahindramojo2.jpg  

PIC : Mahindra's Mojo 300cc caught testing near Pune. EDIT: Now Launched-mahindramojo3.jpg  

Last edited by Arunshek : 23rd August 2015 at 00:35. Reason: Adding "Source" details
Arunshek is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 30th August 2015, 17:04   #102
Distinguished - BHPian

Mahindra's Mojo tested in Pune

A few of us got a chance to sample pre production versions of the Mahindra Mojo today. I will admit, I was very impressed by the bikes usable mid range grunt. I will share more pictures and my thoughts soon.

PIC : Mahindra's Mojo 300cc caught testing near Pune. EDIT: Now Launched-p8308465-large.jpg

PIC : Mahindra's Mojo 300cc caught testing near Pune. EDIT: Now Launched-p8308455-large.jpg
neil.jericho is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 31st August 2015, 10:37   #103
BHPian

Re: Mahindra's Mojo tested in Pune

Quote:
Originally Posted by neil.jericho View Post
I don't know about you, but that front end reminds of me a Predator! The bike looks weirdly proportioned to me, the front is too heavy and too high, not to mention those two golden pipes that Mahindra has a strange fetish for.

Pricing will be crucial, everything depends on it. But I think if there's one reason this bike will sell well, it'll be the dual exhaust on a single cylinder machine
Old 31st August 2015, 11:44   #104
Senior - BHPian

Re: Mahindra's Mojo tested in Pune

Quote:
Originally Posted by RiderZone View Post
not to mention those two golden pipes that Mahindra has a strange fetish for.

Yes for some reason Mahindra has decided to paint those trellis frame in Golden Color.

The bike will sell if they price it appropriately (to be read as Duke 200 Price Range) and for a maiden attempt it looks decent enough.
ku69rd is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 31st August 2015, 12:15   #105
BHPian

I have seen the Mojo in person and it looks really nice. It has various segment first features which will be a big plus for the marketing of the bike. If priced well, it should sell in good numbers. If it doesn't, it would mainly be down to the Mahindra name which isn't too well known in the 2-wheeler market.

P.S.: Got a very short ride of the bike as well about 10 days ago but will reserve my comments until I ride it a bit more and in different conditions.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks