Team-BHP > Motorbikes
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 31st August 2015, 12:27   #106
BHPian

Re: Mahindra's Mojo tested in Pune

Quote:
Originally Posted by ku69rd View Post
The bike will sell if they price it appropriately (to be read as Duke 200 Price Range)
Are we not being unreal expecting Mojo to be priced in the range of Duke 200? It has bigger engine, will hopefully have more power and torque, has fancy items like USD and better tyres.

Considering that Mojo is not deriving benefits of scale like Bajaj, 1.8L OTR would be a more realistic expectation. 2L OTR would bring it in Duke 390 range where Mojo would probably get ignored for being new kid on the block.
Old 31st August 2015, 13:27   #107
Distinguished - BHPian

Mahindra Mojo pictures

Here are pictures of the pre-production bikes that we got to test ride yesterday.

Headlight

PIC : Mahindra's Mojo 300cc caught testing near Pune. EDIT: Now Launched-p8308427-large.jpg

PIC : Mahindra's Mojo 300cc caught testing near Pune. EDIT: Now Launched-p8308457-large.jpg

PIC : Mahindra's Mojo 300cc caught testing near Pune. EDIT: Now Launched-p8308513-large.jpg
Switchgear

PIC : Mahindra's Mojo 300cc caught testing near Pune. EDIT: Now Launched-p8308504-large.jpg

PIC : Mahindra's Mojo 300cc caught testing near Pune. EDIT: Now Launched-p8308505-large.jpg
Rear Brake

PIC : Mahindra's Mojo 300cc caught testing near Pune. EDIT: Now Launched-p8308444-large.jpg

PIC : Mahindra's Mojo 300cc caught testing near Pune. EDIT: Now Launched-p8308445-large.jpg
Console

PIC : Mahindra's Mojo 300cc caught testing near Pune. EDIT: Now Launched-p8308436-large.jpg

PIC : Mahindra's Mojo 300cc caught testing near Pune. EDIT: Now Launched-p8308507-large.jpg

PIC : Mahindra's Mojo 300cc caught testing near Pune. EDIT: Now Launched-p8308528-large.jpg

PIC : Mahindra's Mojo 300cc caught testing near Pune. EDIT: Now Launched-p8308531-large.jpg
Exhaust

PIC : Mahindra's Mojo 300cc caught testing near Pune. EDIT: Now Launched-p8308536-large.jpg

PIC : Mahindra's Mojo 300cc caught testing near Pune. EDIT: Now Launched-p8308481-large.jpg

PIC : Mahindra's Mojo 300cc caught testing near Pune. EDIT: Now Launched-p8308535-large.jpg

Last edited by neil.jericho : 31st August 2015 at 13:43.
neil.jericho is offline   (9) Thanks
Old 31st August 2015, 13:39   #108
Distinguished - BHPian

Mahindra Mojo pictures (contd)

More pictures of the pre production bikes.

Rear seat and grab handles
PIC : Mahindra's Mojo 300cc caught testing near Pune. EDIT: Now Launched-p8308439-large.jpg

PIC : Mahindra's Mojo 300cc caught testing near Pune. EDIT: Now Launched-p8308458-large.jpg

PIC : Mahindra's Mojo 300cc caught testing near Pune. EDIT: Now Launched-p8308497-large.jpg

PIC : Mahindra's Mojo 300cc caught testing near Pune. EDIT: Now Launched-p8308498-large.jpg

PIC : Mahindra's Mojo 300cc caught testing near Pune. EDIT: Now Launched-p8308539-large.jpg
Foot pegs & side stand

PIC : Mahindra's Mojo 300cc caught testing near Pune. EDIT: Now Launched-p8308521-large.jpg

PIC : Mahindra's Mojo 300cc caught testing near Pune. EDIT: Now Launched-p8308522-large.jpg

PIC : Mahindra's Mojo 300cc caught testing near Pune. EDIT: Now Launched-p8308537-large.jpg

Other details
PIC : Mahindra's Mojo 300cc caught testing near Pune. EDIT: Now Launched-p8308489-large.jpg

PIC : Mahindra's Mojo 300cc caught testing near Pune. EDIT: Now Launched-p8308448-large.jpg

PIC : Mahindra's Mojo 300cc caught testing near Pune. EDIT: Now Launched-p8308437-large.jpg

PIC : Mahindra's Mojo 300cc caught testing near Pune. EDIT: Now Launched-p8308446-large.jpg

PIC : Mahindra's Mojo 300cc caught testing near Pune. EDIT: Now Launched-p8308449-large.jpg

PIC : Mahindra's Mojo 300cc caught testing near Pune. EDIT: Now Launched-p8308479-large.jpg

PIC : Mahindra's Mojo 300cc caught testing near Pune. EDIT: Now Launched-p8308480-large.jpg

PIC : Mahindra's Mojo 300cc caught testing near Pune. EDIT: Now Launched-p8308501-large.jpg

PIC : Mahindra's Mojo 300cc caught testing near Pune. EDIT: Now Launched-p8308502-large.jpg

PIC : Mahindra's Mojo 300cc caught testing near Pune. EDIT: Now Launched-p8308516-large.jpg

PIC : Mahindra's Mojo 300cc caught testing near Pune. EDIT: Now Launched-p8308534-large.jpg
neil.jericho is offline   (10) Thanks
Old 31st August 2015, 13:49   #109
Distinguished - BHPian

Mahindra Mojo pictures (contd)

Here are a few more pictures of the bike.

PIC : Mahindra's Mojo 300cc caught testing near Pune. EDIT: Now Launched-p8308450-large.jpg

PIC : Mahindra's Mojo 300cc caught testing near Pune. EDIT: Now Launched-p8308452-large.jpg

PIC : Mahindra's Mojo 300cc caught testing near Pune. EDIT: Now Launched-p8308451-large.jpg
neil.jericho is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 31st August 2015, 13:55   #110
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ksameer1234 View Post
Are we not being unreal expecting Mojo to be priced in the range of Duke 200? It has bigger engine, will hopefully have more power and torque, has fancy items like USD and better tyres.

Considering that Mojo is not deriving benefits of scale like Bajaj, 1.8L OTR would be a more realistic expectation. 2L OTR would bring it in Duke 390 range where Mojo would probably get ignored for being new kid on the block.
Sameer,

Mahindra is the new block on the kid and I expect them to honestly price their bikes which are yet untested in real life scenarios. They cannot command any premium over other well established players. KTM is a global brand whereas Mahindra is waking up to the world.

I would honestly speculate for the price to be in the price range of 150-175K. Anything more than that, will be a hard to sell.

PS: All their existing products are in the commuter segment and this is their first attempt in premium segment.
Old 31st August 2015, 14:06   #111
BHPian

Quote:
Sameer,

Mahindra is the new block on the kid and I expect them to honestly price their bikes which are yet untested in real life scenarios. They cannot command any premium over other well established players. KTM is a global brand whereas Mahindra is waking up to the world.

I would honestly speculate for the price to be in the price range of 150-175K. Anything more than that, will be a hard to sell.

PS: All their existing products are in the commuter segment and this is their first attempt in premium segment.
Of course Mahindra has no right to ask any sort of premium considering this is their first bike in this segment (however, the parts are all premium). But precisely because Mahindra is not a global player, they will not be in a position to play the price card. Even Honda, Kawasaki and Yamaha couldn't. Ideal pricing would be 1.5L ex-showroom. Anything less would be bonus and anything more would only make life difficult for Mahindra.

They could even start with some 'introductory tag' and then evaluate based on market response.
Old 31st August 2015, 14:52   #112
Senior - BHPian

re: PIC : Mahindra's Mojo 300cc caught testing near Pune. EDIT: Now Launched

A friend of mine who was test riding one of these across the country told that the production version of this might not come with the Diablo Rosso tyres as they cost a bomb and adds the final price of the Mojo! He mentioned that talks are going on with Indian brands for a suitable rubber for this.
man_of_steel is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 31st August 2015, 17:10   #113
BHPian

Quote:
Sameer,

Agree with your point of view. And the fact is that the price range you mentioned isn't too difficult to fit into. They can definitely lower their profits a bit to get a foothold in the market. As it is profits are a far sight in the 2-wheeler business for them.

From what I could feel from my short ride was that it is more comfortable than the Duke 200 but less flickable. Feels heavy. So it certainly has some plus points over the Duke. But brand value does count in India.

Quote:
Originally Posted by man_of_steel View Post

A friend of mine who was test riding one of these across the country told that the production version of this might not come with the Diablo Rosso tyres as they cost a bomb and adds the final price of the Mojo! He mentioned that talks are going on with Indian brands for a suitable rubber for this.
While it does make a lot of sense, it would be shame if they remove the awesome Diablo Rosso tyres. These tyres would a major selling point and would provide with much more grip than other budget tyres. But, at 20k+ for a set of tyres they are really expensive for a bike of this segment. What Mahindra can do is that they can offer another set of more affordable tyres like MRF for replacement set. Ones on a budget can choose those while the ones who appreciate the Pirelli can go for those when the time comes.

As for the specifications, someone posted a link on the previous page mentioning the details. I can't post it myself though
amansanc is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd September 2015, 00:27   #114
BHPian

Been waiting for this bike for a long time. And when I actually got to ride it for the first time about a couple of months ago, I was really impressed. It was more than what I had expected. And it did make me very happy.

The launch is now very close. And Mahindra has appointed a few Mojo Managers to go around on these bikes and showcase it to the world. And thus you can see a lot of pics now. Locate them to get test rides before the actual launch. I'm sure you will be mighty surprised.
Old 4th September 2015, 10:49   #115
Senior - BHPian

Dealers have now confirmed that bookings for the Mojo have been opened at Rs. 10,000/-. Deliveries of the motorcycle will be on a first-come-first-serve basis. Sources say that Mahindra has allocated a very limited number of units all over India (approximately 100 in the first batch) with dealers in tier-I cities such as Mumbai and Delhi receiving delivery first.

Link to Team-BHP news article
Tushar is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 5th September 2015, 19:56   #116
BHPian

Have been following the bike, and then there is a video review come up. Looks like Mahindra has done a good job here with the machine. This might well be turning fortunes for Mahindra 2 wheelers, like the XUV did it for the 4 Wheeler segment.

Source - MotorBeam.com
carzone is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 5th September 2015, 20:35   #117
Senior - BHPian

From the fb profile of my friend who is a brand ambassador for the publicity in Bengaluru.

"Boys and girls Mahindra‬ ‪Mojo‬ is closing in on the launch date as we speak. If you are keen on riding it, join me on one of those weekends. Let's do it around a breakfast ride and not around city traffic or dealer store. Whatsapp me @ 9972476951"

Mods: This is for the benefit of the bhpians in Bangalore and I don't have any vested interest in this. If you deem otherwise, you can delete this post, please.
unk9ja is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 5th September 2015, 21:22   #118
Distinguished - BHPian

Here are my first impressions of the short test ride of the pre production Mahindra Mojo. While I do have a fair bit of riding experience under my belt, it has been limited to the Bajaj Pulsar 150, Yamaha R15 and the RE Continental GT so my perspective is limited, to say the least.

- Coming from the Continental GT, the bike certainly felt light and nimble. I'm sure it will be a breeze to sail through traffic for your daily commute.
- Comfortable upright posture will make long distance riding a breeze.
- Big 20 litre fuel tank will make touring a lot easier than its competition, many of which need to fuel up often given smaller fuel tanks.
- Nice punchy motor with linear acceleration. Pulls well between 60 - 100 kmph.
- The engine certainly has enough readily available power which should keep the majority of buyers happy. Of course everyone wants more power. The question sometimes is, do we really need more power?
- I will go against the tide on styling front. I find it looks distinctive and I like the Adam's rib styling on the Mahindra's as it is helping them build a design language which I feel is very important. I am waiting to see how it looks in the different colour combinations once it gets released. The dual exhaust should have its fair set of fans as well.

Given its extended gestation period, so many people have dismissed the Mojo outright without even seeing it in person. If they go in with an open mindset I am sure they will be pleasantly surprised by how good it really is. Whether it can do well in the market will come down to its pricing (which I hear Mahindra is trying to keep very competitive) and the maturity of the Indian bike market.

We test rode the bike on a road that is frequented by superbike riders over the weekends. While taking the test ride I pulled over to the left lane to let a Triumph Speed Triple overtake. As it overtook me, I realized it was the other Mojo test bike instead
neil.jericho is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 6th September 2015, 01:27   #119
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by neil.jericho View Post
I pulled over to the left lane to let a Triumph Speed Triple overtake. As it overtook me, I realized it was the other Mojo test bike instead
Hmmm.. Contemplating.. Should I book my front row tickets for the symphony, Close my eyes and enjoy the music.
Or step back and let others opinion influence my experience.

I really wish they take that one small step to offer a semi (not really hardcore enduro kinds) on-off road tourer..

Currently The MV Agusta*Turismo*Veloce hangs on my wall giving me sleepless nights. I am in love with her beauty and practicality.
I really wish/pray/hope a manufacturer can help with this little boys wet dream of living with something as beautiful and practical as she, albeit at a much lesser ownership cost.
Old 6th September 2015, 01:47   #120
Senior - BHPian

Got this picture from FB.

PIC : Mahindra's Mojo 300cc caught testing near Pune. EDIT: Now Launched-11295668_10153554773034505_3232251718942687184_n.jpg

The Mojo will come in three colours-

Quote:
we have three colors, black and gold, white and red, white and black
ashwin.terminat is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks