Team-BHP > Motorbikes

Search this Thread
Old 10th October 2015, 21:55   #136
Senior - BHPian

re: PIC : Mahindra's Mojo 300cc caught testing near Pune. EDIT: Now Launched

Quote:
Originally Posted by ksameer1234 View Post
Isn't that getting too close to Duke 390? I was expecting Mahindra to price at least 20k less. They could have offered it as introductory price this festive season and then increased from next FY. Mahindra needs this bike on road in healthy number to garner interest. Keeping it niche will only hurt the brand.
Duke 390 is 2.20L on road. This is the introductory price. After the launch it will go up by 10-15k.

The Mojo cannot be compared to the Dukes. Besides, the Dukes are rubbish tourers.
Old 10th October 2015, 22:09   #137
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by straight6 View Post
Duke 390 is 2.20L on road. This is the introductory price. After the launch it will go up by 10-15k.
Which is why I was hoping for an introductory price of 1.7L OTR which may eventually settle at 1.9L. After introductory prices, Mojo might retail at exactly same price as KTM. I am no one to comment on how Mahindra arrived at this price but 20k less would have very sweet is what I feel.

Quote:
The Mojo cannot be compared to the Dukes.
Yes Sir. Both bikes cannot be compared but Duke is probably the closest competitor to Duke and hence comparison is inevitable, even though character-wise they may be poles apart.

Quote:
Besides, the Dukes are rubbish tourers.
I would beg to differ but then this isn't appropriate thread to discuss that.

However, I once rode Duke 390 for about 50kms on highway at highway speeds and compared to RC 390 I found wind blast to be a major issue. Whereas I can tuck behind the stock RC windshield due to my tiny build, it was very unsettling to find nothing to hide behind on Duke.

I reckon wind blast would be similar on Mojo. Would it not affect the touring capability of bike?
Old 11th October 2015, 00:10   #138
Senior - BHPian

As a owner of Duke 200 and few other bikes, I strongly suggest that comparison between mojo and Duke be avoided. Duke is a pure street machine with stiff suspension and high revving engine, mojo on the other hand has been made with touring in mind.

Wind blast may not be an issue as most of the time we don't do insane speed, most of us prefer steady speed close to 100km/hr mark.
giri1.8 is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 11th October 2015, 02:13   #139
v12
Distinguished - BHPian

If the price is 1.9L OTR including the 5 year warranty and the 2 years Road Side Assistance and the jacket (I think giving a helmet with the bike would have been a better option - but what the hell - something is better than nothing - I think it is worth taking a look at. Let's not forget that the bike comes with some loaded stuff - Pirellis, USD forks and 300mm discs up front. Considering all this, the price seems justified. Mahindra could launch a lower variant of the Mojo with MRF tyres which could probably be priced upto 1.5 and guage the response.
Old 11th October 2015, 03:41   #140
BHPian

Most of the pricing details floating around are pure speculations. The dealers haven't yet been communicated the final pricing which is well kept secret. However, from my well connected sources, the news is that the price will be a pleasant surprise. So expect it to be very close to the Duke 200 which would be an excellent price.
As for a proper shootout with the Duke 200, well our team has already done it but I am not allowed to post a link to it. A quick google search should help
Having ridden it for well over 600 kms, I can confirm that wind blast is a non-issue upto 120 km/hr post which it becomes an issue. Please note that the high speed runs were done on a closed road with all safety precautions and gear. Cruising at 80-100 km/hr is a cakewalk for the Mojo with it feeling very relaxed. Overtaking requires no effort either and only the accelerator needs to be dialled in.

Last edited by amansanc : 11th October 2015 at 03:46.
Old 11th October 2015, 06:51   #141
BHPian

PIC : Mahindra's Mojo 300cc caught testing near Pune

Quote:
Originally Posted by amansanc View Post
Most of the pricing details floating around are pure speculations. The dealers haven't yet been communicated the final pricing which is well kept secret. However, from my well connected sources, the news is that the price will be a pleasant surprise. So expect it to be very close to the Duke 200 which would be an excellent price.
As for a proper shootout with the Duke 200, well our team has already done it but I am not allowed to post a link to it. A quick google search should help
Having ridden it for well over 600 kms, I can confirm that wind blast is a non-issue upto 120 km/hr post which it becomes an issue. Please note that the high speed runs were done on a closed road with all safety precautions and gear. Cruising at 80-100 km/hr is a cakewalk for the Mojo with it feeling very relaxed. Overtaking requires no effort either and only the accelerator needs to be dialled in.

How long into the launch is an ABS version expected? Will ABS launch also come with the 5 year warranty and 2 yr RSA package? That's the biggest value prop and USP along with awesome Pirelli's I would say!

Last edited by TMRT : 11th October 2015 at 06:52.
Old 11th October 2015, 20:46   #142
Distinguished - BHPian

A Motorbeam report has confirmed that the Mojo will be launched on 16th October and the deliveries will start the same day. Price has also been confirmed as per the report. INR 162,486 Ex-Showroom Mumbai. 1.9L OTR.

Quote:

You read it first on MotorBeam. The much awaited bike from the Mahindra stable will be launched this week finally. It has been a very long wait and after riding the bike over long distances, it has been worth the wait. While all the details of the bike are known now, pricing of the same wasn’t known. Putting an end to all the speculations, we have finally managed to know the ex-showroom as well as the on-road pricing. The bookings of the tourer have been open since some time now and there have been many who have booked the motorcycle already.

Mahindra Mojo Mumbai Price Break-Up –

Ex-showroom – Rs. 1,62,486/-
Registration – Rs. 13,524/-
Octroi – Rs. 7482/-
Insurance – Rs. 5286/-
Depot charges – Rs. 1000/-
On-road, Mumbai – Rs. 1,89,778/-

Quote:

The ones who have already booked or are booking the Mojo before the launch by paying a minimum booking amount of Rs. 20,000/- will be getting the following additional benefits.
  • 5 years warranty (standard warranty is 2 years)
  • 2 years roadside assistance
  • Mojo branded riding jacket
  • Mojo branded helmet (made by Studds)
  • 2 day riding trip with all expenses covered

Source: Motorbeam

Last edited by Rajeevraj : 11th October 2015 at 20:49.
Rajeevraj is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 12th October 2015, 17:03   #143
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rajeevraj View Post
Price has also been confirmed as per the report. INR 162,486 Ex-Showroom Mumbai. 1.9L OTR.
That's killer pricing and looks like Mahindra surely wants a big bite of the pie out there. After all the R&D and testing, it is a capable machine for touring and the price is very attractive. Hopefully their service team is geared up to deliver to expectations.
n_aditya is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th October 2015, 23:12   #144
BHPian

Just spotted this near Nigdi, Pune
Attached Thumbnails
PIC : Mahindra's Mojo 300cc caught testing near Pune. EDIT: Now Launched-1444671706143.jpg  

Old 12th October 2015, 23:31   #145

It does not look so bad, with proper color combination i think the bike will look pretty decent such as in this image.
Name:  mojo.PNG
Views: 3023
Size:  623.4 KB
Old 15th October 2015, 14:50   #146
Senior - BHPian

Mahindra Two Wheelers has launched its first offering in the entry level performance motorcycle segment. The Mojo has been introduced at an introductory price of Rs. 1.58 lakh ex-Delhi. The price stated is valid for all bookings placed till this Diwali. Online bookings open on 16th October at mahindramojo.com.

Link to Team-BHP news article

PIC : Mahindra's Mojo 300cc caught testing near Pune. EDIT: Now Launched-1.jpg

PIC : Mahindra's Mojo 300cc caught testing near Pune. EDIT: Now Launched-2.jpg
Tushar is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 15th October 2015, 14:58   #147
BHPian

Fantastic Pricing IMO.
Undercuts CBR 250 and i would say is the new benchmark for touring in the entry level segment
Old 15th October 2015, 15:08   #148

Looks pretty nice from the front. Yes, the pricing is spot-on.
However, it will be interesting to see how the market responds to this product.
I for one would rather spend a lakh or so more and go for the trusted Japs
ta.joseph is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th October 2015, 17:12   #149
Senior - BHPian

I believe Mahindra Two Wheelers has to be given some credit for experimentation with this particular model. I mean it is just a few years old two wheeler Indian company compared to others in the market both foreign and Indian. They have done a lot of research and testing on this motorcycle given the fact that it was teased 3 years(apprx) back. Also the fact that they are offering 5 years warranty and 2 years road side assistance on the first few bookings followed by a warranty of 2 years plus one year road side assistance for subsequent bookings cannot be ignored. This coupled with a riding jacket, Pirelli Diablo Rosso tyres, J.Juan Suspension, Liquid Cooled 300cc engine belting out 27BHP and 30NM of torque makes it a overall good package. Mahindra needs to be given a chance with this offering. Only thing is its pricing will get dangerously close to segment leader Duke 390 (and Duke 200) once the introductory offer is over. We need to wait and watch for the initial ownership reviews and Mahindra after sales to see how they stay in the game in this segment where the Japanese and Austrians rule the roost.

Last edited by navin_v8 : 15th October 2015 at 17:15.
navin_v8 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 15th October 2015, 17:40   #150
Senior - BHPian

I can't express how tempted I am to get one right now. Mahindra two wheelers has taken a big step in launching this bike. Apart from the fact that it's a jump in terms of what segments the brand is in, they're filling a gap in the market.

Apart from the 250R, there aren't a lot of good options for sports tourers. By what I've seen, this is a good balance of performance, handling and ride comfort - my biggest priorities while looking for a bike. This pricing is bang on and I'm happy to see the way Mahindra is placing the Mojo, in terms of pricing or marketing. Let's hope the price doesn't climb up unrealistically.

Not going to rush into the purchase. Waiting for the ownership reports.

Last edited by Tushar : 15th October 2015 at 17:44.

Most Viewed