Search this Thread
Old 6th September 2015, 12:35   #121
BHPian

re: PIC : Mahindra's Mojo 300cc caught testing near Pune. EDIT: Now Launched

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashwin.terminat View Post
Got this picture from FB.

The Mojo will come in three colours
The picture is a very old one. It is from one of the Auto Expo's and the bike has got multiple changes after that. As for the colours, three colour options will be there like you listed and apparently there's a fourth colour option too which very few people have got a glimpse of till now.
Old 6th September 2015, 16:50   #122
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by anilupadhya View Post
Hmmm.. Contemplating.. Should I book my front row tickets for the symphony, Close my eyes and enjoy the music.
Or step back and let others opinion influence my experience.

I really wish they take that one small step to offer a semi (not really hardcore enduro kinds) on-off road tourer..

Currently The MV Agusta*Turismo*Veloce hangs on my wall giving me sleepless nights. I am in love with her beauty and practicality.
I really wish/pray/hope a manufacturer can help with this little boys wet dream of living with something as beautiful and practical as she, albeit at a much lesser ownership cost.
I know it would be easy to leave it to the ears to take in feedback from naysayers but sign up for a test ride and let your heart and head do the decision making instead. I think the unanimous feedback was that everyone was surprised by how good the bike actually was.
Old 7th September 2015, 13:44   #123
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by neil.jericho View Post
Given its extended gestation period, so many people have dismissed the Mojo outright without even seeing it in person. If they go in with an open mindset I am sure they will be pleasantly surprised by how good it really is.
The said gestation period has certainly raised expectations. Even at the expo, Pawan Goenka said the delay was because they wanted to perfect the product. I'd like to believe that and given the bike's touring centric design, it's one I'm genuinely considering. Desperately waiting for a proper test ride. If anything, I expect the Pulsar CS400 to be a direct rival to the Mojo, so Mahindra better bring the noise and the funk.
Old 7th September 2015, 15:44   #124
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tushar View Post
The said gestation period has certainly raised expectations. Even at the expo, Pawan Goenka said the delay was because they wanted to perfect the product. I'd like to believe that and given the bike's touring centric design, it's one I'm genuinely considering. Desperately waiting for a proper test ride. If anything, I expect the Pulsar CS400 to be a direct rival to the Mojo, so Mahindra better bring the noise and the funk.
A few years ago, I attended my first interstate ride organized by members of a different forum and I distinctly remember quite a few of them introducing themselves as early adopters of the (then new-ish) Pulsar 220 with an added side note that Bajaj had probably left half of the bike's R&D work to them. Of course it ensured a few laughs all around but it spoke volumes for the prevailing customer mindset. Mahindra are smart to avoid Bajaj's past mistakes.

The bike should be out by the 1st of October so arranging a test ride should not be a problem. From what I hear, Mahindra isnt taking the shock and awe approach to launching the bike but its probably for the best anyways.
Old 8th September 2015, 08:45   #125
BHPian

This thing, excepting the front bit, is mildly along the lines of the Ducati scrambler - or so I feel. If they work it right, they can get a pretty decent looking bike out of it.

I wonder how tough it would be to let a buyer choose a configuration of front ends at the dealers? like a rounded headlamp, or this bugeyed look? like an accessory?

Its slated to have 30 NM torque. My god, that'll be fun! but, based on the photo here, it's looks like its got very low GC, and in Bangalore, its a concern.
Old 13th September 2015, 09:48   #126
Distinguished - BHPian

Here are the first riding impressions of the pre production Mahindra Mojo from our forum member ku69rd.

Mojo...the name does look a bit kinky reminding you of the Austin Powers 2 the spy who shagged me
eh!!! Well the quirkiness ends with the name as it is quite sorted out in its styling. Son requesting Dad to get a mojo might not actually sound cool. But that is what it is...Mahindra MOJO.

To start off with, you just cannot afford to miss the dual round headlights and those pronounced eye-brows which stand out when lit up in dark. The ugly black golden color combination of the trellis frame along with the swing arm screams loud and is sort of ‘In your Face’ design. Personally I believe this is somewhat of Mahindra bold designing DNA which actually made the XUV and now being carried on to Mahindra Scorpio. It’s either a hit or a miss with nothing in between.

Once astride the bike you will be greeted with the huge analog tachometer a smallish digital console which gives you a lot of information like the speeds, trip meter and fuel gauge. The bike in motion makes you feel those appropriately specked front forks, a very linear power delivery from its surprisingly silent engine with a mild bubbly exhaust note. As a matter of fact many of our test riders were of the opinion that the motorcycle sounded much better with those dual exhausts unlike the other single cylinders we have in market today.

The gear shifts were very confidence inspiring and slots well with no false neutrals in between. They follow the universal trend of 1D/5U. Tires put that power down to the road with minimal fuss with no dramas of wheel spin. The tires shod on our bike were Pirelli Diablo Rosso 17 inchers. You would have to excuse me for not putting up the specifications as it has been quite some time since I rode the bike. If the final release mojos come with Pirelli it makes a good selling point.

As mentioned earlier the bike has a very linear acceleration. It’s a very smooth ride to the 90 Kays and will leave you surprised as it reaches speeds without much of drama or vibes. There is an easy climb up to 90 and then eases after that. She needed quite a bit of roads before she fizzled out at 139 KMPH which I think is decent enough for a 300 CC motorcycle slotted for touring. It builds its case as a tourer with a big 20 liter tank and adequate braking power courtesy Ji JUan from South Korea. The brakes however are insipid when they are cold and perform better after brief running. The front rotors looks well designed but unfortunately come without ABS. Seating posture is spot on with an open chest position but very neutral. You are neither too inclined forward nor backwards. Knees are slightly bent but comfortable. A very good thing that I noticed was, you can stand up on foot pegs with minimal ease and no change in ride dynamics. This should help you take care of those ruts that might surprise you or those unmarked road humps. The cross winds does make the rear twitch. You can point this to the swingarm as I think there might be a bit of flex/lacking rigidity. Could have been a one off case as well considering that the bike was run in and was told me that it had a couple of falls by overzealous testers.

Build Quality: The bike we test rode had barely run and as such the parts were not exposed to a great deal of wear and tear. There was another bike which had around 3500 in its odo meter. The bike with all its plastic though felt it was well put in. Plastics were everywhere, right from the rear mud guard to front mudguard. The tank was solid metal but it had its share of plastic bits and pieces. However the front fork was very impressive which catches attention quickly. Will not be surprised to see the front fork being put to use for many other bikes. The fork has a good travel with the right balance of rebound and compression. However they have no room for adjustments and are factory tuned. Switchgear is pretty average but it confirms positively when used. The tachometer looks good and must be colorful in the night as the rev lights are on by default. It briefly shows the max RPM reached as the light stays on for a couple of seconds before disappearing. Fuelling seems to be slightly off, when you roll off the throtle you can experience a slight delay before it starts to decelerate. Not sure if this will be corrected in the final production version. Foot-Pegs are adequate. Seats are wide and should not be much of a hassle even for those with a wider surface area

Somehow the bike gives an impression that it is built to last. Designing is heavily inspired from Mahindra and needs to be seen how far they can take it.

Well Built, good design but the million dollar question would be...Who will bell the cat and shell out the monies to buy an unproven, untested bike from a SUV maker.
neil.jericho is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 27th September 2015, 08:33   #127
BHPian

According to various online sources the launch date seems to be fixed for 16th October 2015 and everyone has guesstimated the pricing from 1.5L to under 2L
cheers
Old 28th September 2015, 18:46   #128
Team-BHP Support

Mahindra has unveiled the logo and released a teaser video of the Mojo.

PIC : Mahindra's Mojo 300cc caught testing near Pune. EDIT: Now Launched-mojologo.jpg

Link to Team-BHP News Article
Aditya is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 8th October 2015, 15:46   #129
Senior - BHPian

As per this Autocar report the dealers have started taking the booking for Mahindra Mojo. The price is said to be 1.8 lakhs (Ex-showroom Mumbai) as per one customer who has made the booking. More details on this link:

http://www.autocarindia.com/auto-new...kh-397865.aspx
Old 8th October 2015, 18:46   #130
BHPian

Something I was eagerly waiting for. Lucid spec comparison between the Mojo and it's anticipated rivals. Nice little theoretical comparison as well. Can be found here.

P.S - It gets Pirelli Diablo Rosso IIs. My favourite.

Last edited by barcalad : 8th October 2015 at 18:47.
Old 9th October 2015, 14:24   #131
Distinguished - BHPian

Car and Bike (NDTV) review of the Mahindra Mojo : http://m.carandbike.com/reviews/2015...review-1230119
Old 9th October 2015, 17:59   #132
Senior - BHPian

I saw the Mahindra Mojo today in NICE Road around 5.20PM.

There was an innova in front with its hatch open and recording the mojo as it was rolling slowly on the left lane. Rider was wearing a black textile jacket with large MOJO written in white at the center. I guess they were shooting a commercial for it.
Old 9th October 2015, 21:43   #133
Senior - BHPian

Never understood why it took M&M so looong with this bike?!

It was not like they had to develop an all new model. The Mojo is basically the 2008 MR250 concept they bought from Malaguti when the Italian maker was struggling to survive. The only thing Mahindra had to do was have the right 4 stroke engine in place (Malaguti went 2 stroke to differenciate itself).

MALAGUTI MR250

The bike has essentially been in development before the XUV500 which itself was launched 4 years ago!!
shortbread is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 10th October 2015, 21:03   #134
Senior - BHPian

Price is 1.90L on road Mumbai. A riding jacket, 5 years warranty and 2 years road side assistance will be given with the bike until the 15th after which the price will go up and there will only 2 years free warranty and 1 year road side assistance.

Last edited by straight6 : 10th October 2015 at 21:04.
straight6 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 10th October 2015, 21:39   #135
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by straight6 View Post
Price is 1.90L on road Mumbai.
Isn't that getting too close to Duke 390? I was expecting Mahindra to price at least 20k less. They could have offered it as introductory price this festive season and then increased from next FY. Mahindra needs this bike on road in healthy number to garner interest. Keeping it niche will only hurt the brand.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks