Team-BHP > Motorbikes
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 15th October 2015, 18:00   #151
BHPian

re: PIC : Mahindra's Mojo 300cc caught testing near Pune. EDIT: Now Launched

Been reading quite a lot about MoJo. Few personal opinions as below:

1 - For a bike said to be tourer, pillion seat seems small / uncomfortable.

2 - Getting touring gear (saddle bags etc) would be tough I guess given the rear end design.
Old 15th October 2015, 18:58   #152
BHPian

This definitely looks promising and most of the reviews have been more or less alike.

Looks like they are not launching it in Chennai initially , does that mean we miss out on all the goodies like 5 year warranty and all.

That wouldn't be a smart move. Waiting for the bookings to be open.

Last edited by Chillout : 15th October 2015 at 19:03.
Old 15th October 2015, 19:24   #153
BHPian

This pricing aggravates my confusion further in chossing between the RE Thunderbird 500 and the Mojo. Eagerly waiting for the ownership threads now.
Old 16th October 2015, 10:11   #154
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SamarthMehrotra View Post
This pricing aggravates my confusion further in chossing between the RE Thunderbird 500 and the Mojo. Eagerly waiting for the ownership threads now.
Mate I believe it is too early to comment on Mojo vis a vis Tbird500 and as you said it is better to wait for some ownership reports. There are some initial reports on riding and engine dynamics by some of our members here on TeamBHP and elsewhere. Given that the Mojo has some serious amount of equipment I think it is a worthy competitor to the existing models in that price range. Infact the Mojo is cheaper than Tbird500 on paper. If I were in the market then I would give some serious thought of acquiring the Mojo. The trellis frame, twin headlamps, USD front forks, 21 litre fuel tank, etc. are a boon for touring. Although I am not sure how it will fare on comfort front but the engine sure has some power and torque to match. I am glued to this thread to see how this motorcycle fares in the near future.
navin_v8 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th October 2015, 10:22   #155
Senior - BHPian

Forgot to mention it also comes with steel braided brake lines coupled with massive 320mm front disc brake with 4 piston caliper and rear disc brake with 2 piston caliper, 6 speed transmission that will make it a breeze while cruising on highways. Only fly in the ointment is the lack of ABS. If Mahindra offers this as an option then the package would be complete.

P.S. Sorry Mods for creating back to back posts. Kindly merge it with my previous post.
Old 16th October 2015, 22:30   #156
BHPian

Mojo is a honest attempt by Mahindra with the right ingredients for a proper touring motorcycle. This is the perfect opportunity for Mahindra to capitalize the mistake made by Hero with their new Karizma and ZMR. Hope Mahindra service and Mojo prove their mettle in the long run. Also the Mojo official website is superb.

Mahindra has checked the essential boxes with the Mojo,
  • Relaxed riding position.
  • Large 21L fuel tank.
  • Large twin headlamps.
  • Good 30nm of torques.
  • Unique design and twin exhaust adds character.
  • Good pricing.

Name:  m0.png
Views: 1637
Size:  748.8 KB

PIC : Mahindra's Mojo 300cc caught testing near Pune. EDIT: Now Launched-mahindramojopressimage1.jpg

PIC : Mahindra's Mojo 300cc caught testing near Pune. EDIT: Now Launched-m1.jpg

PIC : Mahindra's Mojo 300cc caught testing near Pune. EDIT: Now Launched-m2.jpg
Attached Thumbnails
PIC : Mahindra's Mojo 300cc caught testing near Pune. EDIT: Now Launched-m3.jpg  

PIC : Mahindra's Mojo 300cc caught testing near Pune. EDIT: Now Launched-m5.jpg  

Torino is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th October 2015, 17:09   #157

Well this bike, if successful will be a game changer for the company. Mahindra2wheelers was always i loss as its all the products failed to woo the Indians.
I do hope Mahindra has hit the right cord with this latest offering. Only thing i am concerned about is the reliability.
Old 17th October 2015, 17:28   #158
BHPian

I was looking forward to the Mojo, but it looks like I'm in for a disappointment, at least on paper.

Displacement is closer to the Duke 390 than the 200, but power output is closer to the 200. Cycle parts are comparable on paper, save for petal discs which aren't really that much of an advantage. Headlamps too use some H17 bulb which I can't find on the internet, and is 35W as compared to the 55W H7 or H11 used on the Pulsar 200AS/SS (H7) and Dukes (H11). Finding replacement bulbs could be bother. The 21 liter tank is a big plus, but overall, for the price, it doesn't look all that VFM. 27PS from 295cc isn't so alluring in terms of engine tune. The CBR250R makes 26PS, and reportedly has better NVH.

Booked a test ride on their site, yet to hear from them/dealers.
Old 17th October 2015, 20:40   #159
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ricci View Post
I was looking forward to the Mojo, but it looks like I'm in for a disappointment, at least on paper.

Displacement is closer to the Duke 390 than the 200, but power output is closer to the 200...
I would be more worried about the torque if I was looking for a tourer in the market. 30nm from a 300 is not bad at all. Add to that a superior posture for touring, better tires (if Pirellis), larger brakes, double the tank size. If service is competitive, I do not see how I would pick the duke over the Mojo for touring.
Old 17th October 2015, 20:41   #160
Senior - BHPian

Did a test ride of the Mojo. I think, if you are 6ft tall, and want a bike with upright seating, enough power to cruise all day long above 120kph, and do higher speeds if required(approx 150kph) has good modern mechanical aggregates, sounds good and looks the part, can be used to putter around town, pop wheelies with the boys when u feel like and is a very capable allrounder, then the Mojo is the perfect bike yet. Ive not ridden a more comfortable bike yet in this price range.
Do not compare this bike with the Enfield, Thunderbird or any other Enfield.
With a 5 yr warranty on offer, it reflects the confidence of the manufacturer on their product and goes a long way to instill confidence in a customer like me who holds reliability up there in my buying decision. Compare that with the 10k kms warranty(disgusting) offered by Enfield, the only other tourer class bike.

Last edited by jaysmokesleaves : 17th October 2015 at 20:49.
jaysmokesleaves is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th October 2015, 21:51   #161
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by TMRT View Post
How long into the launch is an ABS version expected? Will ABS launch also come with the 5 year warranty and 2 yr RSA package? That's the biggest value prop and USP along with awesome Pirelli's I would say!
Sorry for the late reply. Didn't get a quoted PM.

The ABS version is expected to be launched sometime during the next year. It is currently in the testing phase as per what I was told by a top official. Whether it comes with 5 year warranty and 2 year RSA package remains to be seen. The tyres will be Pirelli's though as Mahindra doesn't want to compromise on that aspect.

Quote:
Originally Posted by umeshd View Post
Been reading quite a lot about MoJo. Few personal opinions as below:

1 - For a bike said to be tourer, pillion seat seems small / uncomfortable.

2 - Getting touring gear (saddle bags etc) would be tough I guess given the rear end design.
Yes, the pillion seat is a bit small for someone with a larger frame and tends to get uncomfortable over longer runs. Touring gear is being developed by Mahindra with the help of its vendors and we might soon a range of such products as official accessories. A touring windscreen is being developed too after feedback from media personnel.

Quote:
Originally Posted by navin_v8 View Post
Mate I believe it is too early to comment on Mojo vis a vis Tbird500 and as you said it is better to wait for some ownership reports. There are some initial reports on riding and engine dynamics by some of our members here on TeamBHP and elsewhere. Given that the Mojo has some serious amount of equipment I think it is a worthy competitor to the existing models in that price range. Infact the Mojo is cheaper than Tbird500 on paper. If I were in the market then I would give some serious thought of acquiring the Mojo. The trellis frame, twin headlamps, USD front forks, 21 litre fuel tank, etc. are a boon for touring. Although I am not sure how it will fare on comfort front but the engine sure has some power and torque to match. I am glued to this thread to see how this motorcycle fares in the near future.
On the comfort front, the Mojo is very good. Having ridden it for well over 500 kms now, I have found the comfort level combined with the excellent refinement of the engine at all speeds to be the best combination for touring.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ricci View Post

Displacement is closer to the Duke 390 than the 200, but power output is closer to the 200. Cycle parts are comparable on paper, save for petal discs which aren't really that much of an advantage. Headlamps too use some H17 bulb which I can't find on the internet, and is 35W as compared to the 55W H7 or H11 used on the Pulsar 200AS/SS (H7) and Dukes (H11). Finding replacement bulbs could be bother. The 21 liter tank is a big plus, but overall, for the price, it doesn't look all that VFM. 27PS from 295cc isn't so alluring in terms of engine tune. The CBR250R makes 26PS, and reportedly has better NVH.

Booked a test ride on their site, yet to hear from them/dealers.
The thing is that Duke and Mojo are very different in character. While the Duke provides excellent power and handling for the price, it is not really suitable for the touring. On the other hand, the Mojo provides good amount of power and excellent torque for the touring duties. Price is the only thing which is common between the two. Having done a comprehensive comparison of both the bikes, I can safely say that a Mojo can do 95% of what the Duke does in addition to its touring credentials but a Duke can't do 95% of what a Mojo can do.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sojogator View Post
I would be more worried about the torque if I was looking for a tourer in the market. 30nm from a 300 is not bad at all. Add to that a superior posture for touring, better tires (if Pirellis), larger brakes, double the tank size. If service is competitive, I do not see how I would pick the duke over the Mojo for touring.
Very true. Servicing is the only thing which might hold back many people from buying the bike. But, the 6000 kms service interval is a great thing for those who love touring.

Last edited by amansanc : 17th October 2015 at 22:07.
amansanc is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th October 2015, 04:46   #162
Senior - BHPian

Here is my bike. Apparently, the very first Mojo to be delivered in India, yesterday. Review will follow shortly.
Attached Thumbnails
PIC : Mahindra's Mojo 300cc caught testing near Pune. EDIT: Now Launched-20151018_1713281.jpg  

Last edited by jaysmokesleaves : 19th October 2015 at 04:52.
jaysmokesleaves is offline   (14) Thanks
Old 19th October 2015, 05:11   #163
BHPian

I'm waiting to see if the Mojo can be a 'practical' alternative to the Bullet/Thunderbird for touring extremely long distances. I say practical because there seems to be no place on the bike to add luggage carriers. If Mahindra comes up with such touring accessories, including a windshield, then the Mojo might be the perfect alternative to the Enfields.
Old 19th October 2015, 09:14   #164
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ContessMan View Post
I'm waiting to see if the Mojo can be a 'practical' alternative to the Bullet/Thunderbird for touring extremely long distances. I say practical because there seems to be no place on the bike to add luggage carriers. If Mahindra comes up with such touring accessories, including a windshield, then the Mojo might be the perfect alternative to the Enfields.
From what i have heard from trusted sources, Mahindra is developing accessories for touring and will be made available in due course. These include, pannier systems, engine guard, windshield.
jaysmokesleaves is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th October 2015, 11:16   #165
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaysmokesleaves View Post
Here is my bike. Apparently, the very first Mojo to be delivered in India, yesterday. Review will follow shortly.
Congratulations on buying the Mahindra Mojo mate. You are also the first buyer on TeamBHP to post your newly acquired Mojo. Looking at the warranty of 5 years plus 2 years road side assistance provided by Mahindra Two Wheelers for the first few bookings shows their faith in the product. This will ruffle the feathers of RE and other manufacturers who are into touring motorcycles. Mahindra did a similar ruffling of feathers with their XUV5OO in the SUV segment and now the Mojo in the motorcycling segment. Eagerly awaiting your ownership report.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks