Team-BHP > Motorbikes
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 26th January 2014, 17:58   #376
BHPian

Re: Royal Enfield Thunderbird 500 : My Motorcycle Diaries

Got to understand that the price of TBTS 350 is increased to Rs.152,700 from 148,000 on road in Bangalore.
I am no different from a traditional thinker with a cost-benefit analysis mind set. But somehow convinced myself to get a piece of enfield hardcore machine for myself.But another price increase is not acceptable.

Last edited by rki2007 : 26th January 2014 at 18:00.
Old 27th January 2014, 04:11   #377
Distinguished - BHPian

A price increase to 152,700 from 148,000 is a 3.176 percent increase.

This is due to inflation. A 3.2 percent inflation per year is not really that great.

I understand that if a persons wages has not increased by that much over the past year, the higher price does make it more difficult to pay for the price increase but inflation will continue so each potential buyer must ask themselves, "Should I wait until the next price increase or should I buy it now?"
ArizonaJim is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st February 2014, 13:58   #378
BHPian

Finally the dealer collected the payment today. Paid Rs.152,770 (Rs. 5000 - already booking advance made + Rs. 147,770) which is the on-road price in Bangalore for TBTS 350. I was told that it would take 10 working days (15 days approx) for the bike to be delivered.

Awaiting to ride my bull.

Special thanks to Ravi Sir and others who kept the desire "fire" burning in me to go ahead and get a RE machine.

Finally heart won over mind.

Last edited by rki2007 : 1st February 2014 at 14:08.
rki2007 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th February 2014, 06:23   #379
BHPian

Having made the payment in complete a week before now I get to know the truth that the bike is not with the dealer and the same has to be received from the plant in Chennai. And in addition to that, twilight blue color is not a part of this consignment shipped this time and need to wait for another 20 days for the color that I booked.
How unethical these RE guys are. It looks so odd to run behind them all time.
rki2007 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th February 2014, 10:54   #380
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rki2007 View Post
Having made the payment in complete a week before now I get to know the truth that the bike is not with the dealer and the same has to be received from the plant in Chennai. And in addition to that, twilight blue color is not a part of this consignment shipped this time and need to wait for another 20 days for the color that I booked.
How unethical these RE guys are. It looks so odd to run behind them all time.
Sorry to be saying this, but apparently it seems that the dealer is taking you for a ride.

Even before a particular motorcycle is delivered to a RE dealership, he gets to know about the details, including color etc. Before the motorcycle is dispatched from the plant for that particular dealer, the dealer will call the customer asking for the complete payment. Once he gets the payments, he will make sure that the motorcycle is allocated for the rider and this entire process approximately takes around 10 working days.

The case that you have highlighted forces me to believe either of the two things :-

> Communication gap between the dealer and you.
OR
> The motorcycle of your particular color and choice was actually delivered, but someone pulled some strings and you are now being asked to wait.

Please check out with the dealership at the earliest and ask for clarification over e-mail. If need be, please do not hesitate to escalate with the RE.

Best regards,
Old 8th February 2014, 16:33   #381
BHPian

Dear Ravi and other TB500 owners, i am planning to upgrade from my current CI engined STD 350 to either a TB500 or a Classic500. Pro and cons of the 2 bikes please.
Old 8th February 2014, 19:18   #382
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by slicvic View Post
Dear Ravi and other TB500 owners, i am planning to upgrade from my current CI engined STD 350 to either a TB500 or a Classic500. Pro and cons of the 2 bikes please.
Slicvic, while both the bikes share the same mechanicals they are pretty different. The Classic is a "Bullet" while the Thunderbird is not. I was also confused at the time of making the decision. What made me pick the Thunderbird over the Classic ? Well it has a lower saddle height ( I am 5'6), has disc brakes all around, has a better range ( 20 l tank). It is a very comfortable bike to ride in cities and is also suitable for long distance riding. Though not really a big factor in decision making, the headlight is pretty decent. I got my TBTS 500 in Nov 2012 ( the first on the forum) have ridden it for about 4600 KM and loved every bit of it.
rajneeesh is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 8th February 2014, 21:28   #383
J.Ravi

Quote:
Originally Posted by slicvic View Post
Pro and cons of the 2 bikes please.
I love to ride both my son's Classic 500 and my Thunderbird 500. But, I love to be on my Thunderbird 500 more for long-distance marathon rides, thanks to the contoured saddle. The electronic gizmos, projector lamp, LED halo ring parking lamp, trip meters, large petrol tank, better painting and fit and finish are the plus points in Thunderbird 500. The rear disc brake in my Thunderbird 500 is as effective as my son's Classic 500's drum brake. So, the million dollar question: which one to buy? My suggestion is, please test-ride both the bikes, not once or twice, but many times, from different dealers, and then, decide.
  (4) Thanks
Old 10th February 2014, 10:32   #384
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by J.Ravi View Post
... please test-ride both the bikes, not once or twice, but many times, from different dealers, and then, decide.
+1 to this. It is very important to rest ride from different dealers as test ride motorcycles will be in various conditions across dealers. The main reason being different customers have different riding habits and usually customers tend to test the vehicle to its maximum potential, without any concern. You should consider yourself lucky if you get to test ride a new vehicle. For this you can visit a dealer who has just opened a new showroom. Also please be not tempted by the sound of the exhaust. Dealers do tend to change the silencer etc to give a bassy thump.
Majumdarda is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th February 2014, 02:05   #385
BHPian

Have to sadly bid goodbye to my thunderbird 500 1000kms on odo due to meniscal injury.. Can you help me as to how much to expect in mumbai?
Old 11th February 2014, 22:10   #386
J.Ravi

Just a few minutes back, I electric-started my Blue Bird after a month of hibernation. Blue Bird started chirping in the very first crank. I have to take my Blue Bird for a long ride shortly.
  (1) Thanks
Old 12th February 2014, 14:18   #387
BHPian

Finally got my TBTS 350 delivered yesterday. I had booked twilight blue but landed up getting Flicker because i didn't want to wait for another 15 days. Just done 20 kms, so far felt very good.

Will add more information once i add few kms on the odo.

Can anyone keep me educated on the initial run in period.
Old 18th February 2014, 18:18   #388
J.Ravi

Today, I received 3 Live To Drive key-chains from Team-BHP. Since the word DRIVE includes RIDE, my Blue Bird gets a new LTD key-chain.

Royal Enfield Thunderbird 500 : My Motorcycle Diaries-ltd1.jpg

Royal Enfield Thunderbird 500 : My Motorcycle Diaries-ltd3.jpg
  (3) Thanks
Old 18th February 2014, 20:09   #389
Senior - BHPian

This looks awesome. And the yellow key ring on this vibrant background...WOW...

I think we must start a different spotting game now :- Spot the Tbhp key ring rider
Majumdarda is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st February 2014, 17:08   #390
J.Ravi

A few weeks back, I observed chrome layer peeled off at some places on my Blue Bird's crash-guard.

Royal Enfield Thunderbird 500 : My Motorcycle Diaries-wp_20140220_009.jpg

Yesterday, I rode to Quality Metal Indutries and showed it to Rizwan Ahmed from whom I bought the crash-guard on 17 April 2013. He remembered me, arranged for removal of the crash-guard from the bike and asked me to come today. I called him in the afternoon and he confirmed that it was ready. I rode there and got it fitted. The entire unit was re-electro-plated and the crash-guard looked shining and brand new. There is no trace of exposed metallic surface. The entire work was done free of cost. I am thankful to Quality Metal Industries for their prompt action.

Royal Enfield Thunderbird 500 : My Motorcycle Diaries-.jpg

Royal Enfield Thunderbird 500 : My Motorcycle Diaries-b.jpg

Royal Enfield Thunderbird 500 : My Motorcycle Diaries-c.jpg

Now, my Blue Bird enjoys the fully-covered comfortable nest.

Royal Enfield Thunderbird 500 : My Motorcycle Diaries-img_1235.jpg
  (4) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks