Team-BHP > Motorbikes
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 26th July 2015, 10:17   #376
BHPian

Are the new RE spares sold only to RE-ASC and not to the open market? Then we are forced to go to ASC for spares.
drsamuelk is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th July 2015, 11:02   #377
BHPian

re: The Royal Enfield Mechanics Thread: All mechanics requirements and queries here

Quote:
Originally Posted by thecdkfactor View Post

1. Ali - Jaffers Brother who has shop inside Pudupet. You need to take the right before the police booth and turn to the last but one right
I had a 84 model and have used Ali bhai's services on my bullet. I do recommend him for old schools bullets. The newer ones I am not sure.
Old 19th August 2015, 11:09   #378
BHPian

re: The Royal Enfield Mechanics Thread: All mechanics requirements and queries here

Hi Guys,

I recently got back from a road trip from Siliguri through Nepal and Bhutan and need I tell you, it was a dream come true!

Dreams do come at a cost and my 2003 electra has taken a beating not only on the roads but also damages by GATI while transporting it back.

Problem is that I have shifted to Borivali East just a few months back and my mechanic is in Nerul near DY Patil stadium. (Raju bhai-the best I have come across since 2003)

Any recommendations this side for a great mechanic who not only understands what he is doing but also has passion for it.

Some eye candy for all the suggestions i am going to get on a great mechanic

Thanks!
Attached Thumbnails
The Royal Enfield Mechanics Thread: All mechanics requirements and queries here-11351150_10155594337865092_7096580456727727197_n.jpg  

The Royal Enfield Mechanics Thread: All mechanics requirements and queries here-11217674_10155541382375092_3161825341326770891_n.jpg  

The Royal Enfield Mechanics Thread: All mechanics requirements and queries here-11391552_10155640338540092_5296540154708937171_n.jpg  

The Royal Enfield Mechanics Thread: All mechanics requirements and queries here-dsc_0714.jpg  

The Royal Enfield Mechanics Thread: All mechanics requirements and queries here-dsc_0753.jpg  

The Royal Enfield Mechanics Thread: All mechanics requirements and queries here-dsc_0686.jpg  

siki1010 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 24th August 2015, 14:54   #379
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kph View Post
Antony's no.- Bullet mechanic at santacruz, Mumbai)
+91-98691-67968

Youre welcome.

Quote:
Originally Posted by drsamuelk View Post
Are the new RE spares sold only to RE-ASC and not to the open market? Then we are forced to go to ASC for spares.
Thats a good thing, right?

Last edited by Gannu_1 : 10th September 2015 at 13:51. Reason: Back to back posts merged.
Old 1st September 2015, 13:05   #380
BHPian

Re: Antony's phone no.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hammer & Anvil View Post
+91-98691-67968

Youre welcome.
Thanks, I think I will wait for the rains to end and then finally take it for a complete service and check up.
Old 1st September 2015, 15:16   #381
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by TorqMaster View Post
I had a 84 model and have used Ali bhai's services on my bullet. I do recommend him for old schools bullets. The newer ones I am not sure.
I am looking at giving a new look for my 2004 model Electra. It doesn't have any major issues as such but the mudguards are rusted and stickers are gone. So will need to do re-painting, nickelling etc and was told that it may cost about 30K and will take 10-15 days for completion.

Is the above estimation is fair and do you recommend taking it to Pudupet? I know nobody there and leaving the bike for couple of weeks with a completely new person is a slight concern.
Old 1st September 2015, 18:27   #382
BHPian

2 weeks back, I gave 1st free service of my TB350 at the service centre at Nerul, Navi Mumbai. Initially he said it would cost me INR 1200 which would include some consumables. I firmly said no and asked them to just change the engine oil. Still I was charged INR 943 for oil change alone. He said 3 litres of oil was consumed. Though I paid the amount, till date I have a doubt that I was cheated. Can anyone enlighten me on this, please.
Old 1st September 2015, 20:26   #383
BHPian

Vinu, I have had terrible time in Vellore, with the time taken by painters to paint both my Enfields in the past. First the mechanic would take a week to 10 days to strip down to parts, depending on his customer load. Especially if you are doing a complete paint job that involves the chassis too, then your bike is down to little bits. Next the painter takes time to accept the parts to paint. Then his advance, after which he takes to partying for a few days. Then he waits for other jobs to finish and the perfect weather (mind you Vellore is dry most of the year but after you decide to paint your Enfield, the rain gods don't like you). There's the tinker who has to get sober and remove the dents, then the primer and drying and the actual paint. After this you might want to change the wiring harness or at least re-sleeve it. Finally your mechanic has to put it back together.
This process in reality takes 68 months, just kidding: 6 to 8 months.
The Chrome guy is another story.
10 - 15 days is only if you are engaged to the painter's daughter.
My advise is don't go to a new place.
Go through your regular mechanic.
Talk to someone who has actually painted his bike there to get the real picture and see his bike for the quality of the paint work.
If you depend on the bullet for daily commute then buy a pair of Chrome mudguards and continue driving......
Best of luck.
drsamuelk is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 1st September 2015, 20:42   #384
BHPian

Quote:
The spares are also available with Royal Enfield authorized spare part dealers (assuming what you meant by ASC is authorized service center).
Old 7th September 2015, 08:20   #385
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by neelemail View Post
2 weeks back, I gave 1st free service of my TB350 at the service centre at Nerul, Navi Mumbai. Initially he said it would cost me INR 1200 which would include some consumables. I firmly said no and asked them to just change the engine oil. Still I was charged INR 943 for oil change alone. He said 3 litres of oil was consumed. Though I paid the amount, till date I have a doubt that I was cheated. Can anyone enlighten me on this, please.
Charging for oil in FOC services is usual and 3 liters is ok. Though you should have asked what consumables need to be changed.

In my opinion it must be the oil filter etc, usually a brand new bike or any car will dispose unwanted metal bits etc into the oil which further get stuck in the oil filter and other consumables and hence it is always a good call to have them changed.

Word of advise, make the mechanic your best friend and he will teach you more than try to flee from you.
siki1010 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 8th September 2015, 00:44   #386
Distinguished - BHPian

IMO, it is imperative that the oil filter be changed during the first oil change.
No "ifs", "and" or "buts".

During the first 500 km's, large amounts of metal filings, bits of gasket sealer and other debris are released into the oil and trapped in the filter.
Replacing the filter is the only way to get rid of this.

As a fail safe, if the filter is plugged and it remains in the engine the spring loaded filter cap will allow the filter to move so that the oil supply is not interrupted but in this mode the oil going to the critical parts of the engine will not be filtered.

Needless to say, one does not want metal filings and particles going into the bearings, valve lifters, transmission gears etc.

If there is any doubt that the oil filter was changed during this first service, have another new oil filter installed asap.
ArizonaJim is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th September 2015, 05:58   #387
Distinguished - BHPian

Changing the oil filter is even more important than changing the oil. Endless debate about oil changes, how often, what oil. To little attention to what matters more because it tends to last less ten the oil, the oil filter
Old 10th September 2015, 13:47   #388
BHPian

Does anyone have experience with 12v electric oil pumps? It's sad that the UCE Enfield is wet sumped. I wonder what RE achieved by making it UCE, 1 bhp more!
Old 29th September 2015, 10:31   #389

Re: The Royal Enfield Mechanics Thread: All mechanics requirements and queries here

Hi All,

I've recently moved to Bangalore (Whitefield) and I'm looking for a good mechanic in Whitefield/Marathahalli/Sarjapur/Indiranagar area. I have a 1988 Bullet 350 and am also looking to restore it (as many of the parts are worn and rusted especially the fuel tank).

Have heard that there is a mechanic called Anand in Indiranagar who is supposed to be good, but would appreciate if anyone can help with some recommendations for the same.
Old 29th September 2015, 14:26   #390
Senior - BHPian

Re: The Royal Enfield Mechanics Thread: All mechanics requirements and queries here

Quote:
Does anyone have experience with 12v electric oil pumps? It's sad that the UCE Enfield is wet sumped. I wonder what RE achieved by making it UCE, 1 bhp more!
err..
1-Less drive train losses.
2-Lighter(but noisier due to light weight Aluminum) and more reliable Engine.
3-Efficient electric starter for the masses
3-Better Oil pump that delivers optimum oil pressure at high speeds.
4-Lesser oil leakages.
5-One lube for all instead of using two different types (Gearbox and Engine).

But I still like the C.Is.Maybe they should have kept the C.I standard as it is as optional.
For Pune I would suggest-Alex who owns royal motors in Viman Nagar.

Last edited by rakesh_r : 29th September 2015 at 14:41.
rakesh_r is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks