Team-BHP > Motorbikes
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 8th February 2011, 14:32   #226
BANNED

re: The Royal Enfield Mechanics Thread: All mechanics requirements and queries here

Quote:
Originally Posted by bivin View Post
well ive tried that!! sometimes the choke is on for upto a minute!! it still continues!! forget the cold starts, it happens in the hottest of afternoons, even after the choke!!
Check the air filter or manifold for any leaks.
Old 15th February 2011, 16:08   #227

re: The Royal Enfield Mechanics Thread: All mechanics requirements and queries here

hey guys,
know any good mechanics for my TBTS in Mysore? other than Venkatesh

asked him to replace the seals on forks due to oil leak, came back with a squeaky + hard + slightly vibrating fork . asked him to check again, came back without the squeak, but with additional vibration to that i am scared to take deep curves
i feel vibration the area is marked in pic
gurus, please help
[IMG]file:///C:/DOCUME%7E1/abhi/LOCALS%7E1/Temp/moz-screenshot.png[/IMG]
Attached Thumbnails
The Royal Enfield Mechanics Thread: All mechanics requirements and queries here-tbts.jpg  

Old 22nd February 2011, 21:16   #228
BHPian

Has any one used the services of one Dharmaiah Yadav?

He has a workshop near KR road BSK 2nd stage.
Old 22nd February 2011, 22:42   #229
BHPian

Also has anyone had their bike serviced with one Babu? he has a workshop on Bannerghatta road after Dairy Circle towards Adugodi.
Old 23rd February 2011, 01:40   #230
Senior - BHPian

My electra s front disk break started crying ! But a mild nosise and am worried any suggestions ?
Old 23rd February 2011, 10:26   #231
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by foby.sebastian View Post
My electra s front disk break started crying ! But a mild nosise and am worried any suggestions ?
Did you check the Disc brake oil and front wheel alingnment ?I know you would have but just reminding in case you have missed.
Old 23rd February 2011, 10:36   #232
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alter_Ego View Post
Did you check the Disc brake oil and front wheel alingnment ?I know you would have but just reminding in case you have missed.
Also, it could be as trivial as some dust particles stuck on the brake pads or the pads themselves could be nearing its end.

@diogo
Hope you are talking about om shakthi garage at BSK. The owner, whom you are talking about is not a straight forward chap. These days, he is busy selling bullets to the students of a college nearby for unheard prices.
However, there is a lean guy by the name mohan there. Not sure if he has moved out from there, as he was planning to from a long time. He is good.

Last edited by jeeva : 23rd February 2011 at 10:57.
jeeva is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd February 2011, 11:02   #233
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeeva View Post
A
@diogo
Hope you are talking about om shakthi garage at BSK.
========
Not sure if he has moved out from there, as he was planning to from a long time. He is good.
Yes that's the guy I am talking about. thanks for your inputs.
Do you know about this Babu who has a workshop after Dairy circle? I don't know the name of the place though, it's near all those marble/tile shops
Old 23rd February 2011, 12:06   #234
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Thank you for the reminder , since the bike is in my native I dint checked it , I will be doing that this week end !
Old 3rd March 2011, 14:08   #235
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by foby.sebastian View Post
Thank you for the reminder , since the bike is in my native I dint checked it , I will be doing that this week end !
No problem foby.Hope its sorted out soon.

Meanwhile now I am stuck with a problem.
The bolt of the clutch level, which acts as a pivot when we press the clutch on a thunderbird has broken and now I am not able to source it from any of the shops nearby to my place in HSR, Bangalore.I checked out in Bommanhalli, madivala, koramangala and viveknagar/egipura.But all the bullet mechanics pointing me towards JC road.Now I don't want to go that far for a godamn bolt

Any suggestions or references within south bangalore where I can get one
Old 3rd March 2011, 14:15   #236
BHPian

Just use a normal bolt & nut of the same size for the time being.

You can still use your clutch till such time you have time to go to JC Road. On JC Road, buy it from Sandhya Automobiles.

Cheers

KD
Old 3rd March 2011, 14:29   #237
BHPian

@Alter_Ego,
There is a branch of Teknik motors on the left side of the main road, just before the Sarjapur road signal on the ring road (after agara). You can try there.
Or else, the RE brand store at Jayanagar would have it.

BTW, I saw your safari the other day at Families super market in HSR.
Old 3rd March 2011, 15:04   #238
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kd7202 View Post
Just use a normal bolt & nut of the same size for the time being.

You can still use your clutch till such time you have time to go to JC Road. On JC Road, buy it from Sandhya Automobiles.

Cheers

KD
Thanks KD for the Shop name.Will land there in case I manage to go to JC road.As of now I am using the same old nut.It works well but I know on bangalore roads filled with potholes its just a matter of time before the bolt jumps out and I get stranded on the road

Quote:
@Alter_Ego,
There is a branch of Teknik motors on the left side of the main road, just before the Sarjapur road signal on the ring road (after agara). You can try there.
Or else, the RE brand store at Jayanagar would have it.

BTW, I saw your safari the other day at Families super market in HSR.
Hi Jeeva,
Went first to Teknik motors only as it was closest to my home and they were the ones who asked me to straightaway go to JC road.What a stupid authorised service centre.

Where is the RE showroom exactly in Jayanagar.Heard a lot about it but not sure where exactly in Jayanagar and how to reach there.

And yeah families is walking distance from my home and usually stop there on way back from office to pick up routine chips and icecreams for wifey.
You also stay nearby? Would love to catch up

P.S. Big bolero fan.

Last edited by Alter_Ego : 3rd March 2011 at 15:06.
Old 3rd March 2011, 15:20   #239
BHPian

Quote:
Went first to Teknik motors only as it was closest to my home and they were the ones who asked me to straightaway go to JC road.What a stupid authorised service centre.
That's so true. Only once, I had been there for a set of wheel bearings and they tried selling me the sprocket bearing instead.

Quote:
Where is the RE showroom exactly in Jayanagar.Heard a lot about it but not sure where exactly in Jayanagar and how to reach there.
Its actually quite close. HSR-Silk board-BTM (take the flyover) and its just a couple of meters away on the right side from the spot where the flyover ends.

P.S
A safari fan here.

Last edited by jeeva : 3rd March 2011 at 15:25.
jeeva is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd March 2011, 15:33   #240
BHPian

Quote:
That's so true. Only once, I had been there for a set of wheel bearings and they tried selling me the sprocket bearing instead.

Its actually quite close. HSR-Silk board-BTM (take the flyover) and its just a couple of meters away on the right side from the spot where the flyover ends.

P.S
A safari fan here.
Thats some precise map.I assume you are talking about the Jayadeva flyover.
Then would go there this weekend itself.Thanks!!!

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks