Team-BHP > Motorbikes
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 26th July 2012, 11:05   #316
Senior - BHPian

re: The Royal Enfield Mechanics Thread: All mechanics requirements and queries here

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZedMae View Post
hi,
Did you have any luck in finding a good mech in North Bangalore area? I recently moved from Chennai, and am on the hunt for a good mechanic for regular service and a couple of minor niggles. Do share your experience with the mechs you tried out in this area.
Thanks
None actually and if you find any reliable mech' do PM me. I hate to say that I couldn't find a single reliable mech till date around North Bangalore having been here all my life .
rjstyles69 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th July 2012, 11:40   #317
Senior - BHPian

re: The Royal Enfield Mechanics Thread: All mechanics requirements and queries here

infact, i would say finding a knowledgeable/reliable/No attitude mech is just a dream!

I almost dint use my 535 for for more then a year, why? cause no mechanic in Mangalore was able to tune it, almost decided to give it away but wanted to give a last shot before i made the move. went to the one of the mech and left the bike for sometime, after couple of attempts he was able to get the tuning kind of "right"

However, in bangalore i would trust a mech named Sunder who works in Brand store, bannerghatta road. this guy was the only mech who could tune my 535 to the perfection and also he did a great job with my Machismo.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rjstyles69 View Post
None actually and if you find any reliable mech' do PM me. I hate to say that I couldn't find a single reliable mech till date around North Bangalore having been here all my life .
Old 9th August 2012, 08:10   #318
BHPian

I have been taking care of my friend's 2011 Thunderbird 350 for some time. I use it couple of times a week. However, for the past three weeks during heavy rains the bike has been acting up. The engine goes dead all of a sudden. The service center folks told me that there was water in the carburetor and they fixed it up. However, my daily ride, a Unicorn Dazzler is also used on the same route under similar or at times even worse conditions and has never given any problem.
I know comparing the two might not be reasonable but are Enfield carbs more susceptible to entry of water or is there something else at play.

Also the electric start is unable to crank the motor in cold starts and one has to use the kick start.
Old 22nd August 2012, 15:27   #319
Distinguished - BHPian

Anyone knows an "authorized RE" service center that can just do a professional job please?!

Teknik has gone from bad, to good, to ok, to worse in my experience over the past 5 years. I used to get my '07 TB done at Agro and was very happy with them, but they closed down a few years ago and I was forced to go back to Teknik. But after the last service there, I've had it with their lack of professionalism.

I'm not asking for miracles, but I'd at least expect the fuel line to be connected back to the carb before they deliver my bike back to me!

Can anyone recommend a better service center; how's the brand store, for example?
Old 6th November 2012, 11:53   #320
BHPian

I have recently moved to gurgaon.need a good service centre for my thunderbird.Heard a lot about brawn automobiles.Is it good? Guys help....Need opnions .
Old 7th November 2012, 01:31   #321
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hemicuda View Post
I have recently moved to gurgaon.need a good service centre for my thunderbird.Heard a lot about brawn automobiles.Is it good? Guys help....Need opnions .
Check out Manzil Motors. It is much better than Brawn!
Old 10th November 2012, 13:43   #322
BANNED

Hi All,

Can some one suggest me a good mechanic for my 1981 bullet.

Its my dads and unused or used limitedly for last 3 years.Now i want give it a make over like Classic.

Please let me know the details of a good mechanic in chennai who can be trusted.

Thanks
Old 10th November 2012, 15:53   #323
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by joshguy View Post
Can some one suggest me a good mechanic for my 1981 bullet. Its my dads and unused or used limitedly for last 3 years.Now i want give it a make over like Classic. Please let me know the details of a good mechanic in chennai who can be trusted.
Jaf in Pudupet is one name that crops up frequently whenever Chennai is mentioned. I've never got any work done by him though (never lived in Chennai) so I can't vouch for his expertise. Hopefully there will be someone here who can help out.
Old 10th November 2012, 19:28   #324
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Edsel Rulez! View Post
Jaf in Pudupet is one name that crops up frequently whenever Chennai is mentioned. I've never got any work done by him though (never lived in Chennai) so I can't vouch for his expertise. Hopefully there will be someone here who can help out.
I know JAF and my father has gone there some 20years back.but problem is we need to go there (pudupet is full of rush) and sit there to get job done.

Any other suggestions people?
Old 3rd December 2012, 14:58   #325
BHPian

I plan to test ride a used RE 350. The bike is based in Pune- Viman Nagar / Kalyani Nagar area. Does anyone know any decent mechanic on that side of the town who can help me with this? It would be great if you can either post the contact details or PM it to me.

Cheers and happy thumping!
Old 4th December 2012, 00:28   #326
BHPian

Need help Bhpians..I'm on a lookout for a good Bullet Mechanic in Delhi as the ones at RE authorized workshops are incompetent in diagnosing & rectifying problems
Old 4th December 2012, 03:27   #327

Any good mechanic in and around Sarjapur Road (Bangalore)? I want to convert the electric system of my bull (1986) to 12Volt. Any suggestions? How much would it cost?
Old 28th February 2013, 14:46   #328
BHPian

Hi Friends,

Can anyone recommend any good RE authorized service center in Pune?

Initially I used to get it serviced from the dealer (Dhone), but switched later to another RE authorized service center at Sinhagad Road. While my experience with this Sinhagad road service center is kind of 'ok', I want to know if there is any other service center where I can get better experience?

How is service provided by Dhone at PCMC (near Kasarwadi)? This one is nearest to my house.

Cheers and happy thumping!
Old 28th February 2013, 16:59   #329
BHPian

Who would you guys recommend in mumbai? I am done with my free services, so should i continue with the RE authorized center, or are there other mechanics who will do a better job? I ride a Classic 500.
Old 1st March 2013, 01:19   #330
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by abhishek24x View Post
Need help Bhpians..I'm on a lookout for a good Bullet Mechanic in Delhi as the ones at RE authorized workshops are incompetent in diagnosing & rectifying problems
Where u put up in Delhi?
If u reside in west Delhi or somewhat near then there are many options.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks