Team-BHP > Motorbikes
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 3rd January 2011, 11:45   #196
BANNED

re: The Royal Enfield Mechanics Thread: All mechanics requirements and queries here

Quote:
Originally Posted by autoenthusiast View Post
I need a good private mech, but none of the enfield mechs want to touch the UCE engine. Anyone knows a good mech in Goa for the UCE model ?
If you can make it to Panaji I can hook you up with someone I know. But like all Goa Mechs a bit of attitude and delay is part of the deal.
Old 9th January 2011, 21:27   #197
Senior - BHPian

Good RE mech in Whitefield (Bangalore)

Guys,

I have a 1999 Std 500 and have refrained from getting it maintained by any of the auth. service centres in Bangalore due to obvious reasons. Am on the lookout for an old timer, preferable in/around Whitefield area. Any pointers are welcome.
Old 10th January 2011, 08:06   #198
BHPian

re: The Royal Enfield Mechanics Thread: All mechanics requirements and queries here

I have had a good experience with Madhu Nair in Mahakali Caves, Andheri E., Mumbai. Anybody else been to him?
Old 12th January 2011, 04:21   #199
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaiusPitar View Post
I have had a good experience with Madhu Nair in Mahakali Caves, Andheri E., Mumbai. Anybody else been to him?

Hi ,
Can you please highlight what was the work carried out on the bike
and what was the efficiency and the labour cost involved in the process?

Is this gentleman nick named as 'Paneerbhai' theres is one southindian mech
in andheri area too but just need to know if he is the one accalimed ?

Cheers
tnd
Old 27th January 2011, 16:02   #200
BHPian

Hello RE Owners,

I own RE STD 350 2009 model from last one and half year, bullet is running nice except the electrical problem. I am facing week horn issue from the second day. I visited showroom number of times however the issue is still there. I started looking out for good mechanic and found one @ Sinhgad road Pune. He worked on the the electrical and added extra relay (I think I am using right part name) under seat to charge the battery double however no improvement just loss of 1200 rupees and some break downs (I think that shorted the ignition coil wire). After that mechanic told me that company horn is the problem, I changed it to roots pair with cutout and more extra wiring.

you guess right, problem is still there, when all lights are on horn goes buzzz.

Fast forward, In last month I started R&D, firstly I removed that extra wiring I used my mechanic's spare battery. Voila everything is perfect and running, then I removed the roots pair and fitted company horn back (removed cut out and all direct wiring). Bad luck horn gos down when lights are on. I think the horn wiring used by company is week.

Does anyone facing similar problem?
Old 27th January 2011, 16:39   #201
BHPian

Hey cool_dube, try Saleem in Indiranagar. Cannot recommend him highly enough. When you come down 100ft road towards old airport road, after 12th main signal, take a left at Reebok showroom. His shop is on this road, just after the first cross road. Its next to a travel office & a bakery. He's not very communicative normally, but his diagnosis is generally spot-on. He works on only REs. I do believe he works on the new engines as well.

Cheers

PS: Spitfire, my STD 350 has done 3000 kms in 13months
Old 27th January 2011, 16:46   #202
BHPian

Re: Good RE mech in Whitefield (Bangalore)

Quote:
Originally Posted by cool_dube View Post
Guys,

I have a 1999 Std 500 and have refrained from getting it maintained by any of the auth. service centres in Bangalore due to obvious reasons. Am on the lookout for an old timer, preferable in/around Whitefield area. Any pointers are welcome.
There is a mechanic, in Whitefield, by the name of Albert -contact No 9740932966-an old timer. He is bit tied up ever since his son left and moved to OOty. Talk to him. He repaired my Army 350 cc.

Col J H Mayne

Last edited by Judemayne : 27th January 2011 at 16:59. Reason: spellings
Old 27th January 2011, 17:11   #203
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by bj96 View Post
I have done about 14,500 kms in close to five years .
Quote:
Originally Posted by avkurian View Post
PS: Spitfire, my STD 350 has done 3000 kms in 13months
LOL, you guys are a disgrace to the riding community. No wonder you'll need mechs all the time. If you ride a Bullet long enough you wont need a mech, you will be one.
Old 28th January 2011, 05:54   #204
BHPian

@Spitfire, I have to totally agree with you, part of the fun of ownership is the mechanical side of the bike. If they run perfect I just get bored and fiddle with them anyway. Bullets are so easy to work on!
Old 28th January 2011, 11:34   #205
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spitfire View Post
LOL, ....No wonder you'll need mechs all the time...
Beg to disagree. I am the mechanic, despite riding so less*. My bullet is in pink of health- 1 kick start despite lying idle for months together, runs smooth etc. I haven't gone to any mechanic after 3rd warranty service was over and maintain it myself. In March will complete five years. Bullets are so easy to maintain and we have very active user forums with all sorts of advice on the internet.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thar4x4 View Post
... horn gos down when lights are on. I think the horn wiring used by company is week.
Does anyone facing similar problem?...
I have electric start, hence a bigger battery, don't face this problem. However, reduced horn loudness is normal when you switch on lights and everything especially when idling. At road speed, it should sound normal though. I find the loudness of stock horn adequate for my usage. I think horns draw about 3amps current, hence, first check the health of your battery. May be you could check the voltage drop across terminal when you switch on lights and horns together. It should not go below ~11v or so on a healthy battery.

-BJ

* My riding is less, because I have four vehicles to choose from and have to carry a family of 2 adults and 2 kids, including an infant, most of the time. Hence, both cars get to cover maximum road.

Last edited by bj96 : 28th January 2011 at 11:46. Reason: corrected age of bike, add reply
Old 28th January 2011, 14:29   #206
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by elan23 View Post
@Spitfire, I have to totally agree with you, part of the fun of ownership is the mechanical side of the bike.
Err... agree with a caveat about fun part. Its no fun pushing this behemoth if it starts acting crazy. But hey then I couldn't have remembered those trips too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bj96 View Post
Beg to disagree
Kidding man. Nothing serious.
Old 28th January 2011, 14:47   #207
BHPian

Quote:
He worked on the the electrical and added extra relay (I think I am using right part name) under seat to charge the battery double however no improvement just loss of 1200 rupees and some break downs (I think that shorted the ignition coil wire).
First of all, adding a relay will not in any way help the battery charge better and costs not more than 100 bucks. A relay reduces the load on the switch and is always a good thing to add, when you upgrade your lights/horns.

I think, your battery is not getting charged enough or its nearing the end.
jeeva is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th January 2011, 15:04   #208
BHPian

Thanks bj96 and jeeva,

Yes my battery is dead and I am running on mechanic's spare battery, I am going to buy a new battery after salary :P.

Jeeva, I think I used the wrong part name, mechanic have added something else not the relay (Under seat) I am sorry, I will confirm with him.

However, the horn is not as expected right now need to do something.
Old 28th January 2011, 15:44   #209
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spitfire View Post
Kidding man. Nothing serious.
No issues mate, I just wanted to write it . Yes, I do feel bad that Bullet is grounded and accumulating dust. However, during odd weekends I do try to take it out for a quick spin.

OT: My 10 months old son has a strong liking for Bullet. Hope we will ride together soon.

The Royal Enfield Mechanics Thread: All mechanics requirements and queries here-dhruvbullet1.jpg

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeeva View Post
@bj96, that's a cute snap
Thanks Jeeva.

-BJ

Last edited by bj96 : 28th January 2011 at 16:14. Reason: join reply
Old 28th January 2011, 16:04   #210
BHPian

Quote:
Jeeva, I think I used the wrong part name, mechanic have added something else not the relay (Under seat) I am sorry, I will confirm with him.
No probs Thar4X4, he should have added/replaced the RR unit (Rectifier/Regulator). Probably, your mechanic diagnosed the RR unit as the trouble maker. 2009 model REs came with a single unit (Rectifier and regulator molded into one package). Previously, it used to come as separate units.

@bj96, that's a cute snap
jeeva is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks