Team-BHP > Motorbikes
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 3rd March 2011, 16:06   #241
BHPian

re: The Royal Enfield Mechanics Thread: All mechanics requirements and queries here

Hi All,

I have an issue with my 6months old UCE electra.
If somebody occupies the back seat or whenever I do doubles,
I am getting one strange sound from the chain. ( like taaaac ........ taaaac.....)
periodically.( from the back side)

But If I drive single, I dont get anything?

Can any one you through some light on this , why this is happening ?

Is it related to chain tightness ? or any chain lubricant issue ?

Thanks,
Old 3rd March 2011, 17:27   #242
BHPian

re: The Royal Enfield Mechanics Thread: All mechanics requirements and queries here

^^ I guess its a loose chain
Old 4th March 2011, 21:09   #243
BHPian

Yes a loose chain for sure. Get it properly tightened (with a bit of play), and then use OKS chain lube spray for the chain. Just make sure the chain lube is cleaned from the rear tyre if it gets on the wheel whilst putting it on or after the first test ride after spraying on the lube. If not you can have a nasty skid.
Old 5th March 2011, 10:37   #244
BHPian

Vibrasonic horns on my bullet is honking intermittenly.. I want to check the wirings.. please give contacts of garage who is good at electricals, around marathahalli/Bangalore East area.
Old 5th March 2011, 16:34   #245
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twiny View Post
Vibrasonic horns on my bullet is honking intermittenly.. I want to check the wirings.. please give contacts of garage who is good at electricals, around marathahalli/Bangalore East area.
There is one person named Akhani in Whitefield, near ITPL side.He has a very small shop and is a budding bullet mechanic.I took my thunderbird there for fork oil change when one of my friend referred him.Was really suprised by the humility and dedication shown by that mechanic.Apart from replacing the fork oil, he even rectified the issues with my headlight and fuel gauge and charged just 25 rupees for this whole episode.(I payed for the fork oil seperately)

I would blindly recommend him.

His details are below:
Akhani

Tell him Sriram(my friend's name) referred him to you incase you go to his garage.
Old 5th March 2011, 16:58   #246
BHPian

^^ Thanks Alter_Ego.. will check that. Meanwhile also got Albert's contact in Whitefield.
So far I was going to Babu's garage in Marathahally.
Old 23rd March 2011, 14:07   #247
BHPian

I just got the front brake pads changed. After this bike is not moving freely... as if brake is applied and getting creaking sound.

Disc is not changed and is in good condition. Is there any running-in required for the pads.
Old 14th April 2011, 14:05   #248
BHPian

Posting after along time to report the feedback of a local mechanic which was referred to me by a close friend. And the mechanic did not disappoint me.

I had spent weeks if not months trying to get few niggles resolved on my Thunderbird by taking it to Teknic motors, and even the so called big service centre behind shoppers stop but all I ended up doing was to throw away the money unnecessarily.

The issues which I was facing was no current was coming to the odometer of my beast, the headlight starts and used to go off on its own as though it had a mind of its own and there seemed to be a misalignment issue on the rear tyre.

Due to the headlight problem I was not able to take my bullet to nearby grocery shop at night and had to take out the Safari to even get a packet of milk or curd at night.

Tried a DIY also but did not tinker much as thought that would worsen the problems.

I live in HSR and when a close friend informed me about a mechanic, who used to take care of my friends electra, had shifted his base to HSR and passed me his number.
Decided to take a day off and called up this guy early morning itself.He was like "Sir I am on my way to the garage and you can bring ur TB right now". So took it down there and the odometer and the headlight issue was resolved within 15 mins.
The misalignment at the back was due to the chain and sproket being worn out and he replaced those.But replacing it was quite a task as the whole gearbox has to be removed and Man he did that job so finely and it seemed to me that he was born to be a bullet mechanic.

The work was finished by 12 and charges were very less compared to the work which he had done and the way he had completed the job..RELIGIOUSLY!!!

Really impressed with this mechanic and the better part is that this guy's garage is not crowded and hence he gets ample time to treat every customer nicely and listens to every problem with rapt attention.

Now my TB is as good as new.Have the same feeling which I had on day 1 when she became mine.LoL.

I would anytime recommend all south Bangaloreans to avail his services in case they need to get their RE's serviced or have any niggles.

Mention that Surjit(TB owner) had given his reference.
And in case anyone has difficulty locating the garage then just PM me and I will be happy to tag along.

Last edited by Alter_Ego : 14th April 2011 at 14:08.
Old 14th April 2011, 15:27   #249
BHPian

Alter,Is he good on CI engine works as well ?

I stay in kromangala 1st Block[Teachers colony], very close to HSR layout. I have some niggles to be sorted out in my CI Electra. I would prefer to take mine to him this weekend if he is good in CI engine works also.

Instead of PM'ing you to get the location details, would you mind sharing it here itself ? so that everyone around HSR is aware of the garage.
Old 14th April 2011, 18:09   #250
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by BulZire View Post
Alter,Is he good on CI engine works as well ?

I stay in kromangala 1st Block[Teachers colony], very close to HSR layout. I have some niggles to be sorted out in my CI Electra. I would prefer to take mine to him this weekend if he is good in CI engine works also.

Instead of PM'ing you to get the location details, would you mind sharing it here itself ? so that everyone around HSR is aware of the garage.
I am not sure about his CI engine expertize but for sure he is familiar with it.
I have met more than 15 bullet mechanics and I can easily assign this guy the throne

The location details are below:

In case you are coming from Outer ring road then there is a king size Hanuman Statue at Agara. Get in that lane where the Statue is located and keep coming further down till you reach a cinema theatre. I guess everyone is aware of the only Cinema theatre in HSR.Damn forgot its name
The Star Garage is situated a few metres adjacent to this theatre on the right.

And one more thing.That garage is co-owned by Daulat.So there might be some stupid boy mechanics there.So you better ask for Daulat else those amateur mechanics would take you for a ride.
When I went there the other mechanics were saying that i would have to keep my bike there for a day but I said I would rather wait for Daulat to arrive and I was right.He arrived and promised that its a max 2 Hour job and he kept his promise in the end with no doubts about the quality of service too.
Old 14th April 2011, 21:06   #251
BHPian

Hello Members,

I own an Electra 5s and there is a problem that i have been facing recently after service. There seems to be an oil leak from the gear box casing and the the leak is still emininent even after getting it checked from my mech. I regularly get my bike serviced at Mehboob Garage which is on Nandi Durg Road and got the packing changed twice. not satisfied, i got my bike checked at Manjunath Garage and got the packing changed again and ending up with the same problem.

I seriously don't know whats wrong with my baby and i want to get this problem sorted ASAP. Any suggestions will be highly appreciated.

PS- Should i get the gear box casing changed ?
Old 15th April 2011, 01:00   #252
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by silverblaze View Post
...There seems to be an oil leak from the gear box casing...
Is it Gear Box Oil or clutch oil or engine oil? GB oil will be thicker, usually yellowish and strong sulfur smell. Engine oil will be mostly reddish (black if old) and clutch oil will be thinnest to feel. How are you making sure it is GB oil?

in 5s models, there is a tunnel drilled from clutch casing (LHS) to GB(RHS) to allow gear shifter rod to pass through and connect the GB on other side. The rod has a oil seal which prevents oil splash to spill out from primary drive while spinning. This oil seal can get damaged and allow the clutch oil to leak, especially after a high speed run. Most mechanics, who service traditional Bullets with 4s GB does not know about this. To access this oil seal one has to remove the clutch case and primary. Get it checked.

Pls ignore above advice if you are certain that oil leakage is indeed GB oil.

-BJ
Old 15th April 2011, 10:32   #253
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bj96 View Post
Is it Gear Box Oil or clutch oil or engine oil? GB oil will be thicker, usually yellowish and strong sulfur smell. Engine oil will be mostly reddish (black if old) and clutch oil will be thinnest to feel. How are you making sure it is GB oil?

in 5s models, there is a tunnel drilled from clutch casing (LHS) to GB(RHS) to allow gear shifter rod to pass through and connect the GB on other side. The rod has a oil seal which prevents oil splash to spill out from primary drive while spinning. This oil seal can get damaged and allow the clutch oil to leak, especially after a high speed run. Most mechanics, who service traditional Bullets with 4s GB does not know about this. To access this oil seal one has to remove the clutch case and primary. Get it checked.

Pls ignore above advice if you are certain that oil leakage is indeed GB oil.

-BJ
The oil leak is indeed from the GB casing because whenever i run my fingers just below the GB casing there is a film of oil just underneath the packing.
Old 16th May 2011, 22:58   #254
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twiny View Post
I just got the front brake pads changed. After this bike is not moving freely... as if brake is applied and getting creaking sound.
I never knew initially the replaced pad was non-OE (mechanic put Nissin's pad) After putting OE pad, all issues gone
Old 21st June 2011, 15:00   #255
BHPian

Any feedback on the mechanic Sandeep in Rajajinagar 1st block? Apart from him are there any good RE mechanics in Rajajinagar/Malleswaram/Vijaynagar area?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks