Team-BHP > Motorbikes
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 6th December 2010, 18:25   #181
BHPian

CoolToddy, try Teknik motors in sarjapur road. I get my Electra serviced there and do some adhoc repair works also. Each time when I take my bike there I can see one or two other bull's undergoing electrical works. But I have not tried any electrical work there.
Old 6th December 2010, 18:27   #182
BHPian

CoolToddy,
Can you elaborate on that "specific circuit". Would it require to be re-wired from the very beginning or is it just powering up the circuit?
I believe, a good auto electrician will be able to do it.
jeeva is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th December 2010, 21:30   #183
BHPian

Bullet mechanics in Bangalore

Hi

I can recommend three that I know very well -

Muneer - He's located just off Kamaraj Road. Always busy with lots of work. A bit slow because of excess work, but very good. I have gone to him a couple of times. His number is 2591 0979. He does'nt have a mobile . I dont go to him now because of his busy schedule.

Riyaz - He's located at the Chamarajpet end of Bull Temple Road. Excellent guy. Not very expensive. He's also quite a busy fellow. He takes a good 2 - 3 days for a full service, so give him a call first. He's a good guy, you can trust him with your bike. If you are changing your engine oil, take your favourite oil, oil filter, etc., and give it to him, otherwise he'll put his so called "imported" engine oil which is thinner than water. His number is 92421 04151.

Imran - Near Seshadripuram Police Station. Good guy. Does a full service in a day. Buy your favourite engine oil, oil filter, etc., and give it to him and he'll do the job. Note, if you leave the choice of engine oil to him, he'll use Helix. I hate Helix. Even though it says 20/50, I personally think its 20/40. Too thin. Heats up my engine. Imran's phone number is 99867 72477.

My two bits worth.

You may give my reference to all three. But Muneer may remember me only if you tell him Kishore from RTMC. I've shared a few drinks with him at various RMs and at RTMC anniversaries. But he's an old guy. May not remember !!

Cheers

KD

Cheers

KD
Old 8th December 2010, 10:27   #184

re: The Royal Enfield Mechanics Thread: All mechanics requirements and queries here

Quote:
Originally Posted by BulZire View Post
CoolToddy, try Teknik motors in sarjapur road. I get my Electra serviced there and do some adhoc repair works also. Each time when I take my bike there I can see one or two other bull's undergoing electrical works. But I have not tried any electrical work there.
Thanks fo your response. I know about the teknik motors but like you mentioned, do not know about their electrical expertise. Will check them though.
Old 8th December 2010, 10:31   #185

re: The Royal Enfield Mechanics Thread: All mechanics requirements and queries here

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeeva View Post
CoolToddy,
Can you elaborate on that "specific circuit". Would it require to be re-wired from the very beginning or is it just powering up the circuit?
I believe, a good auto electrician will be able to do it.
I already have a circuit and the LED assembly. Here is what needs to be done.

- Replace the existing flasher module with my circuit.
- Replace the stock indicator bulbs with the LED assembly
- Connect the LED assembly to switches and the circuit and the circuit to the batter.

However, the LED assembly is a little different. There are three leads coming out the LED assembly, unlike the usual two. I have the connection diagrams and everything else. I need someone who can do it with less damage and a neat job.

Thanks for your response.
Old 8th December 2010, 12:02   #186
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by coolToddy View Post
HELP, Really need a mechanic to fix my LED assembly.
I am sure you can do it yourself. Post pictures of the LED modules.
Old 8th December 2010, 14:06   #187

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spitfire View Post
I am sure you can do it yourself. Post pictures of the LED modules.
Thanks for the help.
If I could do it, I would have done it and posted the pictures.
Old 8th December 2010, 16:03   #188
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by coolToddy View Post
Thanks for the help.
If I could do it, I would have done it and posted the pictures.
You are welcome.

If your friend who designed the LED indicators and you (having access to internet) cant seem to work it out. You think a grease monkey who doesnt know beyond what is stock will figure it out?

Best of Luck.

PS: Not underestimating the skill of the mechs but electrical stuff is a big issue, what with the substandard electricals already on the Bullet. I had to ride 40 kms in pitch dark because a Bullet Mech fixed a faulty rear brake light bulb on my STD 350.
Old 8th December 2010, 22:56   #189
BHPian

Guys,

I own a STD 350 CI.

What is the price/bill that you pay for a full service (now that I am out with free coupons). Service will include washing, oil change(engine, gear, clutch), cleaning brake pads, changing air filter, cleaning/replacing break liners, waxing, cleaning the CB Point, etc

Thanks,
Subu.
Old 9th December 2010, 12:25   #190
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by subushady View Post
I own a STD 350 CI.
Which Service is this? What kms/age?
Old 10th December 2010, 01:09   #191
BHPian

Quote:
Which Service is this? What kms/age?
First paid service. 1 year old bullet with 6500 KM clocked.
Old 10th December 2010, 10:35   #192
BANNED

Quote:
First paid service. 1 year old bullet with 6500 KM clocked.
Its would not go above 2.5k.

Why change all the oils? I think next recommended is 10k mileage. If its paid service dont bother about number of days go by the kms run. Unless your bike stays parked for long durations.

PS: 6500kms in 1 year? You should have bought a smaller cc bike.
Old 10th December 2010, 15:00   #193
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
...6500kms in 1 year? You should have bought a smaller cc bike.
I have done about 14,500 kms in close to five years .

Quote:
... Service will include washing, oil change(engine, gear, clutch), cleaning brake pads, changing air filter, cleaning/replacing break liners, waxing, cleaning the CB Point, etc
Why so much work? You can ignore clutch and gear(4s GB has grease ??) oil changes. Engine oil change should cost you about 500/- (~2.2 liters). No need to replace brake liner at just 6.5k!! Do not let them open your rear wheel at 6.5k- a good chance he will misalign while fitting it back. Waxing, CB cleaning etc add few more 100s. Total should not be more than about 1000 Rs.

-BJ

Last edited by bj96 : 10th December 2010 at 15:08. Reason: added reply to original service question
Old 10th December 2010, 15:15   #194
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bj96 View Post
I have done about 14,500 kms in close to five years .

Why so much work? You can ignore clutch and gear(4s GB has grease ??) oil changes. Engine oil change should cost you about 500/- (~2.2 liters). No need to replace brake liner at just 6.5k!! Do not let them open your rear wheel at 6.5k- a good chance he will misalign while fitting it back. Waxing, CB cleaning etc add few more 100s. Total should not be more than about 1000 Rs.

-BJ
Thanks to all.
I will manage the service well now. Also regarding only 6500km in one year, I know its not that much. Have planned more trips.

Regards,
Subu.
Old 3rd January 2011, 11:18   #195
BHPian

Guys, I just picked up a second hand 2009 Thunderbird. Found that the RE authorized service center im Margao, Goa is really lousy. I need a good private mech, but none of the enfield mechs want to touch the UCE engine. Anyone knows a good mech in Goa for the UCE model ?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks