Team-BHP > Motorbikes
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 4th February 2010, 21:04   #106
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by JayPrashanth View Post
rjstyle,
Nandan, at the Nagashettihalli-Ring road junction.

Cheers,
Jay
jay not my types, I don't fancy going to him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bantejas View Post
Whom were you going to? There's one chap in Sanjaynagar who does a good work and is cheap too. This again is only based on his experience. Will find out the details and will let you know.
I tried a mech in Vidyaranyapura and one Yeshwanthpur, both were a disaster in their own ways. If you can get back with the details of the mech it would be great.
Old 4th February 2010, 22:44   #107
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rjstyles69 View Post
jay not my types, I don't fancy going to him.

I tried a mech in Vidyaranyapura and one Yeshwanthpur, both were a disaster in their own ways. If you can get back with the details of the mech it would be great.
Try Sandeep near Milk colony, Malleswaram. He is a good mech. If you want, I can find out and PM his number for you.

Cheers,

Jay
Old 17th February 2010, 23:26   #108

I am trying to get one used Bullet, let me know if any one plans to sell or If you know where I can get - note I am new to Bangalore so have No idea about the mechanics. pl help

Murali
Old 18th February 2010, 00:09   #109
BHPian

I leave my bike to service near Jayadeva hospital. I've been getting service done by his from past 15 years. PM me if you need his number. He's an excellent mechanic.
My friend tried
1. Mehboob Garage, Nandidurga road. (Lot of attitude, not good at service. No customer value)
2. Manjunatha Bullet Garage, Banaswadi (Improper service, fake bills, crazy service charges, new parts flicked from the bike)

Finally to my mechanic "Deluxe Motors, Jayanagar 9th Block" his name is Ansar Khan. Excellent service. Reasonable price.
PM me for his number.

P.S. He does all bikes
Old 18th February 2010, 01:10   #110
RVD
BHPian

@rystyles69 : +1 to that. Nandan is not to my taste as well. I know that there are lots of die hard fans of his and I do not wish to hurt anybody but lets just say that I interacted with him a bit and I did not find the whole experience pleasant.

BTW which bull do you have ?? After Nandan's effort or rather lack of it, I went back to my old trusted mechanic Jaffer ( Dream Machines ) in Ashwathnagar and I had my bike back running like new. I am very satisfied with his work. He is tad on the expensive side and also, since he is not a "Bullet only " mech,I am not sure if he could do the same kind of job on the old STD Bullet but if you have the newer Generation bike like the Machismo or Thunderbird, he should be just fine. I am speaking from personal experience. I have dabbled around with lots of Mechs in North Bangalore like Mehboob in Nandidurg road, Nandan and a few small time mechs but none have been satisfactory.

@ Bantejas : Are you reffering to the guy next to Sai Bikes in Ashwathnagar ? If so, he is pretty good. I have given my bike to him as well in the past and have been happy with the work. My only problem with the small time mechs is that they use "your" bike for buying parts etc. I am not a big fan of that practise. Other than that I was quite happy with the work.

Regards
Old 18th February 2010, 10:58   #111
BANNED

Looking at all these posts. Jay I have a business proposal why not we open a Service Center for Bullets in Bangalore? Open only on weekends and holidays.

Guys these bikes are really easy to service. No rocket science. Takes nothing more then a couple of hours to "service" a bike - washing polishing not included.

The attitudes given by the mechs is something which I really hated and collected all the tools and got about it myself.

Last edited by Spitfire : 18th February 2010 at 11:00.
Old 18th February 2010, 13:06   #112
Senior - BHPian

Haha can be done man. I picked this up recently and got to work simply because I feel happy wrenching. Feels terrific to set your bull up yourself and watch it work well.

The only issue with servicing the bullet is the effort involved when compared to the indo-jap bikes. As you said, Bullet are simple and great DIY machines.

Cheers,

Jay
Attached Thumbnails
The Royal Enfield Mechanics Thread: All mechanics requirements and queries here-taparia-socket-set.jpg  

Old 18th February 2010, 13:28   #113
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by murali67 View Post
I am trying to get one used Bullet, let me know if any one plans to sell or If you know where I can get - note I am new to Bangalore so have No idea about the mechanics. pl help
Murali
Check the classifieds section. I found one up for grabs there.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RVD View Post
@rystyles69 : +1 to that. Nandan is not to my taste as well. I know that there are lots of die hard fans of his and I do not wish to hurt anybody but lets just say that I interacted with him a bit and I did not find the whole experience pleasant.

BTW which bull do you have ?? After Nandan's effort or rather lack of it, I went back to my old trusted mechanic Jaffer ( Dream Machines ) in Ashwathnagar and I had my bike back running like new. I am very satisfied with his work. He is tad on the expensive side and also, since he is not a "Bullet only " mech,I am not sure if he could do the same kind of job on the old STD Bullet but if you have the newer Generation bike like the Machismo or Thunderbird, he should be just fine. I am speaking from personal experience. I have dabbled around with lots of Mechs in North Bangalore like Mehboob in Nandidurg road, Nandan and a few small time mechs but none have been satisfactory.
Regards
All it took was one visit and then I realized wasn't worth my time and my bike.BTW I own a 2003 Electra. I used to be a regular at DM back then during my college days with my Yam. Never knew DM serviced bulls also. Do you think its worth a try at DM ?

I was actually considering going to Manjunata Auto Garage in Banaswadi for the normal service.

Last edited by rjstyles69 : 18th February 2010 at 13:30.
Old 18th February 2010, 13:48   #114
BANNED

Quote:
All it took was one visit and then I realized wasn't worth my time and my bike.BTW I own a 2003 Electra. I used to be a regular at DM back then during my college days with my Yam. Never knew DM serviced bulls also. Do you think its worth a try at DM ?
I was actually considering going to Manjunata Auto Garage in Banaswadi for the normal service.
+1 to that. I have been to Nandan a couple of times with my bike and my friend's but the experience was never a good one in technical terms. It was more of talk than walk.
I have a very cheap and good mechanic at Chamrajpet who takes care my bullet. He is around 25 years old in the business and I repose complete faith in him. In case you want to come this side for service, PM me and we can meet up.

Murali,
Tell me in case you need any assistance. PM me your number and we can get in touch.

Last edited by n.devdath : 18th February 2010 at 13:49.
Old 18th February 2010, 14:01   #115
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by VTEC_Rocks View Post
I
Manjunatha Bullet Garage, Banaswadi (Improper service, fake bills, crazy service charges, new parts flicked from the bike)
+1 to that. After I bought the bike new, I gave it to Manjunath since he was the closest mech to where I lived. Then after a few visits, he started short-changing me and the bike would inevitably have some trouble or the other in a months time. And each time, the service bill was atrociously high and me being a noob to biking (and having a steady job) would pay him. And then, he had another way of hooking you - he would ask you to pay in installments and pay when you can if the bill was high. By that time, I would have to service the bike and the vicious cycle continued. Trusted the guy too much but have learnt a lesson. Stay away from this mech!
Old 18th February 2010, 14:11   #116
BANNED

Quote:
Manjunatha Bullet Garage, Banaswadi (Improper service, fake bills, crazy service charges, new parts flicked from the bike)
Quote:
Originally Posted by naveenroy View Post
he started short-changing me and the bike would inevitably have some trouble or the other in a months time.
This is scray stuff. Such mechanics can invariably be playing with your life's.

We had a similiar situation back in Goa. Mechanic was the lord himself. We needed divine intervention before his holiness could touch our bike.

Then one of his rear lickers met with a real bad accident while test riding a customers bike. All hell broke loose and he now operates a vulcanizing shop instead.
Old 18th February 2010, 14:47   #117
BHPian

Oh man. That really bad.
Thankfully I have never had issues with my mechanic.

@Naveenroy: Where do you get the service done now?
Old 18th February 2010, 15:46   #118
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by JayPrashanth View Post
......I picked this up recently and got to work simply because I feel happy wrenching. Feels terrific to set your bull up yourself and watch it work well.
Cheers,
Jay
Nice wrench set - where and how much?

Quote:
..............@Naveenroy: Where do you get the service done now?
Since then, I have given it to another mech near Lalbagh road. Wasn't satisfied. Then, the last time gave it to the RE service center near Jayadeva Hospital. Am actually quite happy with their service and they did a good job.
Old 18th February 2010, 23:08   #119
RVD
BHPian

Quote:

Absolutely. Even I used to give my Yam to him from 2000. He had just set shop then. When I bought my Bull, I tried different mechs but was never satisfied. He had then told me that he does not do Bull's so I continued my search. Finally one day when I met him , he told me that he would do my bike and I gave it to him. Since then I have been very happy with the way my bike has behaved. I cannot assure that you would be as satisfied as I am but since you have already tried different places and have been dissapointed, there is no harm in trying him once. If you do decide to go to him, PM me. My bike is due for service and we could probably meet up .

Regards

Rahul
Old 19th February 2010, 09:28   #120
BHPian

sorry :(

rjstyles,

I am sorry for not pming the number. I will do it positively by tomorrow. I totally forgot about it.

Tejas

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks