Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 13th July 2015, 10:39   #181
Senior - BHPian

Re: The Duke of Direwolves - Lisbeth, my KTM Duke 200

Quote:
Originally Posted by vishnurohith View Post
hello folks,
Finally i got my bike delivered yesterday. Thanks to @theexperthand and @ebonho for your valuable advices. Thank you so much.
Congratulations. Wish you countless miles of trouble free rides.

PS: Do post your experience and review
What color did you opt for?

--Anoop

Last edited by theexperthand : 13th July 2015 at 10:40.
theexperthand is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th July 2015, 10:46   #182

Quote:
Originally Posted by theexperthand View Post
Congratulations. Wish you countless miles of trouble free rides.

PS: Do post your experience and review
What color did you opt for?

--Anoop
Dear Anoop,
Thank you for the wishes. You and your detailed thread helped me narrow down my option. I chose white for my baby. As a newbie rider who got stuck in 5~6 km long traffic on a new bike, I have to say that the 200 inspired confidence in me that I can learn a lot with this machine . Coming to the run in part, Do I have to look into something specifically?
Thanks in advance.
vishnurohith is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th July 2015, 12:01   #183
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
hello folks,
Finally i got my bike delivered yesterday. Thanks to @theexperthand and @ebonho for your valuable advices. Thank you so much.
Congrats buddy. Do post some photos and a first impression review.
ebonho is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 13th July 2015, 12:08   #184
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Dear Anoop,
Thank you for the wishes. You and your detailed thread helped me narrow down my option. I chose white for my baby. As a newbie rider who got stuck in 5~6 km long traffic on a new bike, I have to say that the 200 inspired confidence in me that I can learn a lot with this machine . Coming to the run in part, Do I have to look into something specifically?
Thanks in advance.
Nope - unless you are some one who likes to revv the pants off at any given opportunity. Just take it slow, as you normally do - there is no need to baby the bike, but at the same time, do not rip the bike during the initial kilometers. In short, just ride normally, and you will be good

--Anoop
Old 14th July 2015, 20:04   #185
BHPian

My D200 completed 1K after 8 months. Gave her for 3rd free service today. Not using the bike as frequently as I planned initially. Met with one accident when the bike was one month old. Thankfully minor. Hopefully once the Sun cools off a bit, will take her to office rides frequently.
Old 14th July 2015, 21:16   #186
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pisthpeeps View Post
My D200 completed 1K after 8 months. Gave her for 3rd free service today. Not using the bike as frequently as I planned initially. Met with one accident when the bike was one month old. Thankfully minor. Hopefully once the Sun cools off a bit, will take her to office rides frequently.
Ouch! Hope you and bike did not suffer anything major. Do take her out more and open her up when you can - now that you have done 1K, you do not need to restrict the RPMs any more. Revv and Enjoy

PS: Or, did you mean 10K?

--Anoop
Old 31st July 2015, 15:37   #187

Hello all,
I have reached my 1000km mark in three weeks, now looking for the first service to free up my machine from the rpm limiter which i had hard time dealing with. I am looking forward to change the oil to fully synthetic motul 300v as i heard it's the best on offer right now. My question is what grade i prefer from 10w40, 15w50 or 5w30 ?. common knowledge says lower the viscosity easier is the flow. And one more stuff to share is I had a crash in the second week leading to few bruises here and there. The bike took a fair amount of the damage leading to a torn left grip and bent knee guard which I brought back to previous position by bending it. But i quite feel that the handle is very slightly bent with left side being closer to body than right. very slightly. But when i gave the bike to someone who knows my bike he couldnt even spot it. Do i have to change it completely or anyother way possible?
Old 31st July 2015, 20:43   #188
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Hello all,
I am looking forward to change the oil to fully synthetic motul 300v as i heard it's the best on offer right now. My question is what grade i prefer from 10w40, 15w50 or 5w30 ?

Do i have to change it completely or any other way possible?
I use Motul 300v 15W50.

Are you really sure the handle bar is bend? Check it out with another duke when you go for service. If it is not much, it can be straighten - no need to change it fully for a slight bend.

PS: Hope nothing happened to you during the fall.

--Anoop
Old 31st July 2015, 23:07   #189
BHPian

Quote:
Hello all,
I have reached my 1000km mark in three weeks, now looking for the first service to free up my machine from the rpm limiter which i had hard time dealing with. But when i gave the bike to someone who knows my bike he couldnt even spot it. Do i have to change it completely or anyother way possible?
It's better to change the handle bar after a crash.Even a slightest bend in handlebars can cause discomfort during long rides and handlebars are cheap.As for the leg guard even if you bring it to its original shape,it wont have that stiffness of a new one,so better change that too.
nitninja is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd August 2015, 09:21   #190

Anoop & Nitninja,
Hi. Finished my first service. I got the oil changed to 300V 15W 50. It's really smoother than I expected and it smells like banana.good.. The thing with handle bar is the SA said it has a very minute bend which he hammered back to shape. Now it does'nt feel weird anymore. SA advised me to stick to 7100 for 200 duke since he has found a customer using 300V on a duke 200 and ending up with a unique crank noise problem. Any leads on this?. And 300 V is better on 390 controlling its cluttery noise than on 200 which is better at stock in my opinion.
Old 3rd August 2015, 20:37   #191
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Anoop & Nitninja,
Hi. Finished my first service. I got the oil changed to 300V 15W 50. It's really smoother than I expected and it smells like banana.good.. The thing with handle bar is the SA said it has a very minute bend which he hammered back to shape. Now it does'nt feel weird anymore. SA advised me to stick to 7100 for 200 duke since he has found a customer using 300V on a duke 200 and ending up with a unique crank noise problem. Any leads on this?. And 300 V is better on 390 controlling its cluttery noise than on 200 which is better at stock in my opinion.
I have heard different version of horror stories from SA about using 300V in Duke, but thankfully, the place I get my baby serviced (Auto Service), have always encouraged me to stick with 300V

Don't worry, enjoy the 300V.

--Anoop
Old 3rd August 2015, 21:24   #192
BHPian

Has anyone had the problem of squealing sound from the front tyres? I have had this intermittent sound that has increased ever since the first service. While I heard some say this is normal bearings rubbing against each other some others have asked me to get the brake pads cleaned. Anyone who is exactly aware of what this noise could be, would be immensely helpful!
Old 3rd August 2015, 21:47   #193
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by saleem_k View Post
Has anyone had the problem of squealing sound from the front tyres? I have had this intermittent sound that has increased ever since the first service. While I heard some say this is normal bearings rubbing against each other some others have asked me to get the brake pads cleaned. Anyone who is exactly aware of what this noise could be, would be immensely helpful!
It's the front fork/cone set. Happens at very low speeds, such as when you park your bike properly at the parking lot. Tightening the cone and greasing the front wheel bearings should do the job.
Also, get your front brake pads cleaned if the squealing comes especially during applying front brakes.

Hope this helps.
barcalad is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th August 2015, 19:11   #194
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by barcalad View Post
It's the front fork/cone set. Happens at very low speeds, such as when you park your bike properly at the parking lot. Tightening the cone and greasing the front wheel bearings should do the job.
Also, get your front brake pads cleaned if the squealing comes especially during applying front brakes.

Hope this helps.
Thanks for the response barcalad. I forgot to mention that earlier it happened when I used to move my bike manually, specially when removing it from parking. Now I hear the sound even at speeds in excess of 80 kmph. And another thing that I noticed is that when I apply the front brakes the squealing sound disappears for sometime and comes back in about 100 meters or so. I think I need to visit the service center soon before this problem blows up into something big. Otherwise the bike runs beautifully and accelerates like mad.
Old 4th August 2015, 19:43   #195
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by saleem_k View Post
Thanks for the response barcalad. I forgot to mention that earlier it happened when I used to move my bike manually, specially when removing it from parking. Now I hear the sound even at speeds in excess of 80 kmph. And another thing that I noticed is that when I apply the front brakes the squealing sound disappears for sometime and comes back in about 100 meters or so. I think I need to visit the service center soon before this problem blows up into something big. Otherwise the bike runs beautifully and accelerates like mad.
Anytime!

Do update us after the SVC resolves the issue.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks