Team-BHP > Motorbikes
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 27th November 2018, 00:07   #361
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jayakrishnan_v View Post
Moreover since we are booking in the website and nondeqlershipnis allocated yet I don’t think they have done anything to have a separate booking number per state based on the address we give at the online booking time
I booked Jawa 42 on the15th and my four digit booking sequence is 4**1 which points to the fact that booking number has very little to do with the number of bookings. I expect the media drive to take place just before opening of the new showrooms so as to sustain and further enhance the interest these bikes have generated.

Last edited by ar134 : 27th November 2018 at 00:11.
Old 27th November 2018, 01:40   #362
Senior - BHPian

Re: Mahindra is bringing Jawa back. EDIT: Launched @ Rs 1.55 lakh

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghatotkatch View Post
is 'number of products sold' really the right criteria to judge quality of the product at all?
No, and yes - because there aren’t enough numbers to judge.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghatotkatch View Post
Mojo happens to be the only bike for which I haven't come across some owner frustrated with the bike to the extent of trashing it. Not to mention every owner talks glowingly about the DOHC engine.
It’s a control group of roughly 2,500 numbers, even if you are to assume they sold 100 bikes a month for the first two years - which they didn’t. Too few to comment on, hence my original comment.

Last edited by Steeroid : 27th November 2018 at 02:05.
Old 27th November 2018, 04:52   #363
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steeroid View Post
It’s a control group of roughly 2,500 numbers, even if you are to assume they sold 100 bikes a month for the first two years - which they didn’t. Too few to comment on, hence my original comment.
Fair point. But I guess it works both ways. Glass half empty or half full. I would wait till a serious engine related issue is reported, before doubting it, especially when there are other quite prominent reasons to explain the low sales.
ghatotkatch is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 30th November 2018, 19:10   #364
BHPian

Dealer bookings for Jawa to start from Dec 15th as per autocar India. Very strange that we have not heard about media drives till now.

https://www.autocarindia.com/bike-ne...mber-15-410629
Old 30th November 2018, 21:38   #365
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Madhu_Bengaluru View Post
Very strange that we have not heard about media drives till now.
The last line of the same article confirms media drives should happen pretty soon. In my opinion, media drive invites would have been sent and hopefully our mods can confirm whether Team BHP will make it to the event along with tentative dates.

Last edited by ar134 : 30th November 2018 at 21:39.
ar134 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st December 2018, 04:55   #366
Distinguished - BHPian

Mahindra has managed the PR of this very well
- There is not a single negative review / view of the Jawa bikes by any of the media houses or the publications
- Or even a strong doubting view whether they will actually be successful
- No comparisons or questions on the booking numbers to give views on consumers' responses
- No questions on the level of testing done on the engine and/or the bikes
- No views on the strategy of a bizarre launch without even a list of dealers across the country (now being shared after a month)
- and much more

On a comparison, Royal Enfield has had away different situation with respect to their twins' launch.

Wishful thinking - I do hope team-bhp gets invited for a bike review similar to new car launches!
ninjatalli is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 1st December 2018, 08:13   #367
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by ninjatalli View Post
- No views on the strategy of a bizarre launch without even a list of dealers across the country (now being shared after a month)
May be it was not possible to get so many dealers to invest their money without actually launching the product and showing customer interest?

Most of the existing Mahindra Two wheeler dealers had already burned their hands on the promise of some serious 'mojo' from the company.
CrAzY dRiVeR is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 1st December 2018, 10:14   #368
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrAzY dRiVeR View Post
May be it was not possible to get so many dealers to invest their money without actually launching the product and showing customer interest?

Most of the existing Mahindra Two wheeler dealers had already burned their hands on the promise of some serious 'mojo' from the company.
All the more reason to wonder why no one is questioning the success or failure of this. In fact this thread has possibly more reasonable questions asked than all the auto focussed media publication articles on the Jawa bikes.

I have a booking of the bike already but I am going to approach this very cautiously on a wait and watch mode over the next two months.
ninjatalli is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 1st December 2018, 10:30   #369
BHPian

Can anyone confirm where I can see one on display in Bangalore?
Old 1st December 2018, 14:26   #370
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by MonsterPatrol View Post
Can anyone confirm where I can see one on display in Bangalore?
Four dealers confirmed for Bangalore. I've posted details in the earlier page, but none of them have opened yet. Hopefully they should be open during the first wave of announcements on Dec 5th.
CrAzY dRiVeR is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st December 2018, 16:19   #371
BHPian

I have defense booked the 42 and may buy it if the test drive and dealer interaction experiences plus the post drive reviews align in good ways. My purchase is not due nostalgia, though Jawas / Yezdis are throaty memories from my youth. Given my requirements it seems a good choice. A short rider in India, who is on the lookout for a not too heavy, low slung tourer, with ABS, which is reasonably powered (> 25 BHP), not too vibey, which does not need to mark territory with oil like an RE, which is well made and priced south of 3 L does not have too many options.

If I look at the other options, I liked the UM Renegade Commando for its road presence, low stance and decent ride but it seems a curious mix of the solid and the cheap plasticky with (if ownership reviews are to be believed) further issues of reliability after a 3 month honeymoon period. And of course no ABS. The Avenger is good looking, has the right height and weight but is underpowered. The Dominar's weight and seat height combo is more than I want since part of the bike's duties would be in stop and go traffic. Likewise the Mojo.

Entrez the Jawa which seems to tick the right boxes in terms of height, weight, price, ABS (though why no rear disk / ABS will remain a mystery). Many questions though remain which will hopefully be answered in the course of this month.

I see a few others have also mentioned the improbable jokers in the pack, the RE twins which at first, second and third glance, seems odd since they are very different beasts to what I am looking for and moreover priced nearly double the Jawa. But speaking for myself, wanting to buy a twin is not a rational decision but a blood rush at the thought that for short of 3 L, you can get a twin engined 650 CC, home made, with a refined most-RE-unlike engine, gorgeous looking and if media reports are true, with terrific build quality. This is not a considered choice but blind lust. RE are of course no strangers to getting their customers to buy into visions (thump thump thump) but their latest foray may be their best yet.

The only reason I have not rushed out to Platinum Auto and booked a twin is because RE have given the tourer, the Interceptor, a height of 805 mm while the more approachable (and IMO the better looking) Continental GT's height of 790 mm comes with the cross that the GT is a cafe racer with a sporty stance. To my Twin crazed brain the elephantine weights of the bikes has ceased to matter. If the Interceptor's height had been 793 mm or better still, the Conti GT been more tourer like, I would be an RE customer right now. I have to thank RE for saving me from myself.

The Jawa survives, just.
bevivek is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 1st December 2018, 20:52   #372
BHPian

The first motorcycle in my life was my uncle's Jawa 250 cc back in the early 90s. It was always ridden as far as I remember and quite fast too. Of course, the fact that my uncle could dissemble every part and reassemble it by himself was another reason for my fascination. Unfortunately, he met with an accident in it which broke his leg and ended his motorcycling days. The Jawa was loaned to a close friend, that was in 1996. But not a day passes when I am not haunted by that beautiful exhaust note of the bike. It was simple, reliable and very rugged as far as I remember. I have seen a fair share of motorcycles come and go, from the beginning of "performance" biking with the launch of Hero Honda CBZ in the late 90s, Yamaha's RXZs, Bajaj's Pulsars, HH Karizma, Yamaha R15 and FZ series, Honda's entry with CBR250R, the upgraded Pulsars, TVS Apaches and the present lot of the KTMs. Of course as far as Royal Enfield was concerned nothing much changed except AVL to UCE in 2009 as far as I know. To cut the chase short, I am impressed with the new Jawas and have booked a Jawa 42 in Nebula Blue. My current ride is a Yamaha FZ25N which is up for sale in OLX. I have been a consistent rider myself but this is the first time I have booked a motorcycle without seeing it in flesh and just for the brand. That is the Jawa brand and this is my Jawa experience...
maverickrider00 is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 2nd December 2018, 10:18   #373
Distinguished - BHPian

City wise dealership details shared by Jawa. Details are available here
https://gaadiwaadi.com/jawa-dealersh...from-15th/amp/
Old 2nd December 2018, 23:40   #374
BHPian

Jawa website has been updated with the list of dealers.

https://www.jawamotorcycles.com/dealer

Chennai has got 4 dealers

Mahindra is bringing Jawa back. EDIT: Launched @ Rs 1.55 lakh-img_20181202_233633.jpg
Old 3rd December 2018, 11:58   #375
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bevivek View Post
Given my requirements it seems a good choice. A short rider in India, who is on the lookout for a not too heavy, low slung tourer, with ABS, which is reasonably powered (> 25 BHP), not too vibey, which does not need to mark territory with oil like an RE, which is well made and priced south of 3 L does not have too many options.

Hey, I have a very similar requirement and have opened a thread (Lack of parking space inspired a midlife crisis. What motorcycle should I buy?)for this.

There was a suggestion to check out Jawa 42 on this thread, and that brought me to your post. Do let me know how your journey goes, I will keep an eye out for this bike...
shifu is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks