Team-BHP > Motorbikes
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 20th April 2017, 17:26   #286
Senior - BHPian

Re: Yamaha teases new naked motorcycle. EDIT: FZ25 launched at Rs. 1.20 lakh

Quote:
Originally Posted by Davelloyd View Post
Hi folks, I just found this video and it's looks quite disturbing. I was looking for a new bike and picked FZ25 against Mojo.
Can the current owners of FZ25, check this out?
Boy oh boy! This is a worrisome thing. Any FZ16 owner can ride away with a FZ25 if his key opens the lock?? This is really crazy. Hope this is a one off and not a norm. Else this is a big issue which Yamaha have to sort out ASAP! Scary indeed!

@Vikram, any buddies of yours owning the FZ16 with whom you can try this out?
abhinav.s is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th April 2017, 18:05   #287
Senior - BHPian

Quick update on my bike. The bike that I took delivery of has the paperwork for BS3 and it cant be registered anytime soon. I will be returning this bike and will be getting a different bike with BS4 paperwork from the factory registered next week.

I dont know if I should feel happy or sad about this situation. Paying up and I am not able to fully enjoy the bike is one, getting a brand new bike another.

^^ The video, how is that even possible
Old 20th April 2017, 19:03   #288

Quote:
Originally Posted by anachronix View Post
Quick update on my bike. The bike that I took delivery of has the paperwork for BS3 and it cant be registered anytime soon. I will be returning this bike and will be getting a different bike with BS4 paperwork from the factory registered next week.

I dont know if I should feel happy or sad about this situation. Paying up and I am not able to fully enjoy the bike is one, getting a brand new bike another.

^^ The video, how is that even possible
WOW, that's weird. I Imagined all FZ-25's to be BS4 compliant, I got my bike 15 days back and it is yet to be registered
Do you have a pic or any other details of the document where it says whether it's BS3 or BS4?
Old 20th April 2017, 20:51   #289
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by abhinav.s View Post

Boy oh boy! This is a worrisome thing.
@Vikram, any buddies of yours owning the FZ16 with whom you can try this out?
I did see this video on Youtube some time back Abhinav, but ignored it thinking it was one of those "Please Hit Like and Subscribe button" sorts!!

I am still in touch with the dude who bought my bike and have one other FZ16 in the family, so I can surely try this trick and hopefully prove it as a hoax.

It is tough to get hold of both of them, but I will try to get the results at the earliest.

Quote:
Quick update on my bike. The bike that I took delivery of has the paperwork for BS3 and it cant be registered anytime soon.
Very weird anachronix, and unless the paperwork was goofed up by the showroom folks or the bike was damaged, they are trying to pull a quick one on you.

One of our own BHPians (Vinay) had to cancel the bike that he had booked initially as some duds accidentally poured some acidic liquid into the fuel tank and corroded the inner walls

Though this delayed his purchase, FZ25 was always a BSIV compliant vehicle and as long as my understanding is way off target, even the FZ 2.0 was a BSIV as well.
Vik0728 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 20th April 2017, 20:59   #290
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Davelloyd View Post
Hi folks, I just found this video and it's looks quite disturbing. I was looking for a new bike and picked FZ25 against Mojo.

Can the current owners of FZ25, check this out?

Let us know if you were able to replicate this?
From what I know, every manufacturer pays a cost to the lock supplier, and based on the cost, the total number of unique combinations would be decided. Say for example - 10,000 - meaning there would be 10,000 unique keys and that keeps repeating. The probability of you finding a match from the next set of 10,000 vehicles sold across India is extremely, extremely small.

I guess one such rare occurrence is this video.

PS: The same applies to the locks we use at houses too! And I am guessing cars are safer, as they would have immobilizer with a unique code - and there can be infinite code combinations.
aravind.anand is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 21st April 2017, 09:09   #291
Senior - BHPian

Apparently, the initial lot of the FZ25 were shipped out of the factory with the Form-22 (as mentioned by the dealer) with the PUC as BS3. However, the bike is BS4 technically but with goofed up paperwork from the factory. Now that the BS3 cannot be registered anymore, these guys are in a fix and there is also a case that is being handled by Yamaha to settle this thing down.

I have no idea where to see this Form-22, but this is a similar story that I was reading in the other biking forum where a few folks from Chennai had issues registering their bikes.

There are new stocks that are being shipped and they are all coming with the BS4 paperwork and the dealer has promised to get my replacement bike registered by next week.

I had posted regarding this earlier as well in this thread. Have you got your vehicles registered?

Quote:
Hello all!

I did book the FZ25 in black, the delivery is scheduled for tomorrow.

However, I thought there is some news for those who have taken delivery of the bike and this needs to be verified.

According to the dealer, the initial lot of FZ25 that was delivered had the PUC for BS3 which cannot be registered anymore and this has caused quite a bit of confusion. Those who got the initial lot of BS3 bikes are going to receive a fresh stock of BS4 bike that can be now registered.

Those who got delivery of the bikes and still not registered, do have a word with your dealer.
Quote:
Originally Posted by skyliner34 View Post
WOW, that's weird. I Imagined all FZ-25's to be BS4 compliant, I got my bike 15 days back and it is yet to be registered
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vik0728 View Post
Very weird anachronix, and unless the paperwork was goofed up by the showroom folks or the bike was damaged, they are trying to pull a quick one on you.
anachronix is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 23rd April 2017, 11:10   #292
BHPian

It's really tough to control the wrist and not rev it beyond 4500.

Today I had a work commitment to a different city which also provided me an opportunity to complete more kms of running in. I had done 250 odd km before and added 225 km today.

I was all excited as it was my first highway stint with her. Geared up in the morning, had breakfast and hit the highway. As I mentioned earlier, it was very tough for me to control my wrist. 4500 RPM being the limit before first 500 km, I did a handsome 67-70 at the said RPM. The engine was happy. No stress at all. And I was all smiles!

But not everything would go in your favor! The seats had their own mind and my bum didn't like it at all. After 70-80 km I was continuously adjusting my posture. A break of 5 minutes and you are good to go again. I wish the seat had a little bit of cushion so that it would have been even plush!

It was a sunny day and temperature was hovering at around 43-44 °C. Engine didn't heat up much as it would do during the 1st 100km of the odo.

Mirrors are just ok. At 70kmph things get blurry but I guess this is because the vehicle is still under break in and would smoothen once the 1st service is done.

Stopping power is again average or a little bit above average and does the job perfectly. Also experienced this thing called Tappet Noise! It needs to be sorted in the 1st visit.

Overall, it makes a package and I believe after crunching more miles on it, it will grow on you. Bassy exhaust note and the available juice in 5th gear is a win-win for highways. Tires do their job perfectly. And hey, special mention goes to a lot of inquiries, looks and glares, to be enjoyed by FZ 25 owners for at least a few months!
Attached Thumbnails
Yamaha teases new naked motorcycle. EDIT: FZ25 launched at Rs. 1.20 lakh-tbhp-upload.jpg  

337699gsd is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 23rd April 2017, 17:06   #293
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by 337699gsd View Post
And hey, special mention goes to a lot of inquiries, looks and glares, to be enjoyed by FZ 25 owners for at least a few months!
Hey 337699gsd congrats on your latest acquisition and welcome to the gang

Glares are one thing, while I have been asked many a time on the actual capacity of the engine on this machine. Many people actually confuse this to be some sort of a 600cc bike

OT - Came across this video posted by one of the amateur riders. Though some of the manoeuvres are a bit questionable, it really shows the prowess of the Yamaha FZ25 and the engineering that has gone behind it:

Last edited by Vik0728 : 23rd April 2017 at 17:08.
Vik0728 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 24th April 2017, 20:35   #294
BHPian

I went to a Yamaha service centre and showroom recently. Though they did not have the parts catalogue, they did say that the headlight assembly is priced at around 3200 INR. Not sure if the price is true but if it is, it seems like a decent deal. The Himalayan's headlight costs 3400.
Old 11th May 2017, 09:56   #295
BHPian

Invitation to Bangalore FZ25 Riders

Wow !! How did I miss this thread ? Lots of riders. I would like to invite sane FZ25 riders with complete riding gear to an 'almost' all paid weekend ride to Chikmagalur and back. Invitation from Yamaha Riders Club - India. Food and Accommodation (http://megurhomestay.com) on us. Ride commences from Bangalore but riders from other locations are also most welcome, as long as they can make it to the location on Saturday and Sunday. PM me for more details. Looking forward.

Ride Dates : 13May2017 and 14May2017

Last edited by abhisheksircar : 11th May 2017 at 09:57.
abhisheksircar is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 7th June 2017, 17:07   #296
Senior - BHPian

Guys suddenly this thread has gone silent and no updates here for almost 4 weeks now. Hope you all FZ25 owners are enjoying your rides. I can count at least 6 FZ25 owners here:
  • 337699gsd
  • Vik0728
  • sheel
  • anachronix
  • skyliner34
  • nma83
Vik0728 has been kind enough to keep his ownership thread updated, but haven't seen any other ownership threads coming up or have I missed those. Guys post your experience with FZ25 over here. I know off late Vik0728 has not been very happy with his bike due to cropping up of some of the issues like brake squeaking, rattling, hard seat etc. Is it the same with all you guys?
Old 9th June 2017, 12:34   #297

Have done 2000 kms on mine. Will soon post a full fledged report. To touch on some key points.

I too feel the brakes could have definitely been better.

The need for a sixth gear is really huge. It can feel strained a bit at times.

The high beam needs to be adjusted at the service centre as the setting from the factory is pathetic. Even after the adjustment it merely gets slightly better but not what it should be.

Other than this, It's a beautiful performer. Handles like a dream and cuts like a swiss knife. And the attention it gets are more in line with what 600~ cc bikes would get.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AutoIndian View Post
Guys suddenly this thread has gone silent and no updates here for almost 4 weeks now. Hope you all FZ25 owners are enjoying your rides. I can count at least 6 FZ25 owners here:
  • 337699gsd
  • Vik0728
  • sheel
  • anachronix
  • skyliner34
  • nma83
Vik0728 has been kind enough to keep his ownership thread updated, but haven't seen any other ownership threads coming up or have I missed those. Guys post your experience with FZ25 over here. I know off late Vik0728 has not been very happy with his bike due to cropping up of some of the issues like brake squeaking, rattling, hard seat etc. Is it the same with all you guys?
Msc07 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 9th June 2017, 14:25   #298
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Msc07 View Post
Have done 2000 kms on mine. Will soon post a full fledged report. To touch on some key points.
Thanks for these inputs Msc07 and looking forward to your ownership thread.

Quote:
I too feel the brakes could have definitely been better.
This looks like to be a sore point. At 148 kilos kerb weight, the FZ25 is one of the lightest bikes in this segment, so ideally braking should have been re-assuring. Looks like Yamaha needs to take this feedback seriously and work on its correction asap before this becomes a widespread issue.

Quote:
The need for a sixth gear is really huge. It can feel strained a bit at times.
Looks like you are hitting the highways quite often. For city riding the 5th gear should be sufficient, isn't it? But I do agree a 6th gear would definitely help reduce the strain on the engine and engine would be quite relaxed on those long rides.

Quote:
The high beam needs to be adjusted at the service centre as the setting from the factory is pathetic. Even after the adjustment it merely gets slightly better but not what it should be.
This looks like to be another Achilles heel besides braking.

Quote:
Other than this, It's a beautiful performer. Handles like a dream and cuts like a swiss knife. And the attention it gets are more in line with what 600~ cc bikes would get.
Consolation at last. Everything is not that bad.
Old 9th June 2017, 19:09   #299

Quote:
Originally Posted by AutoIndian View Post
Thanks for these inputs Msc07 and looking forward to your ownership thread.
Actually, haven't done much highway rides. But what I have done is a lot early morning city/Lucknow-Agra expressway rides between 6-9 am. And hence it is in those rides that this issue crops up as in the 5th gear @100~ kmph the vibrations can be slightly felt on the footpegs and some on the handlebar as well.

But 0-100 dash always brings a decent smile on my face considering I can keep up with one of friends' Dominar around that pace.

Last edited by ampere : 9th June 2017 at 19:33.
Msc07 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th June 2017, 20:13   #300
BHPian

Just got my first service done, costing 1.2K at Pacer Hebbal. Had no complaints while giving to service, except the fact that the rear mud guard was bent due to cab hitting me from behind last month . I had removed the fibre mud guard which was touching the wheel after the accident. They tried to get it back into original shape, but only partially successful. The gap between the guard and the wheel has reduced a bit now. So have to be careful and get it replaced if it touches the tyre while going over humps.
Bike is much more responsive after the service, and the rear brake has become less effective! I have to get the brake adjusted I guess, since it was better before the service.
nma83 is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks