Team-BHP > Motorbikes
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 30th December 2017, 15:35   #196
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: TVS Apache RR 310 launched at Rs. 2.05 lakh

Interesting, I am having a similar experience with prakruthi, bad dealership. Guess they have handpicked dealers to kill the product. I am getting frustrated with every passing day and lack of any clarity from the DEALER, should probably tweet a link to this thread to TVS.
Old 30th December 2017, 17:51   #197
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Motard_Blr View Post
* The front brake hose is not a single piece. The hose goes from the master cylinder to a coupler block on the right fork leg. A second hose goes from the coupler to calliper on the left fork leg. The second hose is visible in the last photo below.
For ABS?

Regards
Sutripta
Old 30th December 2017, 18:36   #198
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nikhn View Post
1. Finish is ok. Not that great. For a ₹2.66 lakh, bike I expected more.

Overall, in one corner of my mind, I thought the bike would be a good addition to my existing stable, but no, the TVS dealer seem to have pushed me away. Not sure about the other dealers in Bangalore but this one seems to be off-putting.
Arent we nitpicking here?

2.66 is an ordinary price for a fully faired 300cc bike that has ABS. Remember Honda CBR250R which costed 2.2 lakhs back in 2011? Cbr was not perfect. It had its own fit and finish drawbacks(i owned one).
Want good fit and finish? Ninja 300- but hey, its twice as expensive!

TVS dealers are used to lower-middle class/poorer sections of buyers who often come for commuters/scooters which cost less than 60k. The staff arent accustomed to people who can spend 2.5+ lakhs on a bike, abd those are the people who expect prompt attention and service.

Not saying that lesser bikes need lesser attention, but just stating the fact. Do you think TVS sales staff would have ever handed out a brochure to any of the products in the past? Unlikely!

Heck, even KTM does not hand out brochures or explain the features of a bike. They think "ok they have decided on a bike and have come just for booking it".

For all friends who have booked 310RR, dont be impatient and step back on a good product. If it turns out to be a great product, regret would be ours!

Lets wait and watch how TVS responds. In the mean time, Powerdrift's road review would be out. That would clear all our doubts.
PrasannaDhana is online now   (5) Thanks
Old 30th December 2017, 20:09   #199
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrasannaDhana View Post

TVS dealers are used to lower-middle class/poorer sections of buyers who often come for commuters/scooters which cost less than 60k. The staff arent accustomed to people who can spend 2.5+ lakhs on a bike, abd those are the people who expect prompt attention and service.

Not saying that lesser bikes need lesser attention, but just stating the fact. Do you think TVS sales staff would have ever handed out a brochure to any of the products in the past? Unlikely!

Heck, even KTM does not hand out brochures or explain the features of a bike. They think "ok they have decided on a bike and have come just for booking it".
If the 310RR has been made available at only 4 dealerships in a city with an intention to make it appear exclusive, it appears to me that the whole purpose was lost if these dealers can't be better than the regular TVS dealer in dealing with a different kind of customer. I did not walk in expecting them to be at my beck-and-call. It baffled me that a simple approach to a potential customer was lacking in this 'selected' dealer. I was in there for ten minutes, not one representative even raised an eyebrow at me.

I am not against the brand. I even think that this bike is a laudable attempt by an Indian manufacturer. I even believed the bike could be good (refer my earlier posts on this thread). But my showroom visit proved me wrong in this regard.

I cannot comment on the KTM showrooms in your city but when I was purchasing my 2017 Duke 390, I had visited two showrooms in Bengaluru. I was approached by a representative in both places. Even when I went to purchase my Dominar, I was treated very courteously. If Bajaj can do this, I fail to see why TVS cannot.
nikhn is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th December 2017, 20:18   #200
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrasannaDhana View Post

2.66 is an ordinary price for a fully faired 300cc bike that has ABS. Remember Honda CBR250R which costed 2.2 lakhs back in 2011? Cbr was not perfect. It had its own fit and finish drawbacks(i owned one).
Want good fit and finish? Ninja 300- but hey, its twice as expensive!

For all friends who have booked 310RR, dont be impatient and step back on a good product. If it turns out to be a great product, regret would be ours!

Lets wait and watch how TVS responds. In the mean time, Powerdrift's road review would be out. That would clear all our doubts.

See this response, reeks of incompetence and no understanding of targeted audience. The brownie i give to SA is that he did respond in a minute. You are absolutely right about audience handled by these dealers earlier, the best/most expensive they have ever sold is an apache rtr, and that too the product sold itself not the dealer. They are hoping the same for 310 also.

TVS did a great job with the launch getting all auto journos out to a race track and giving it all the attention during launch. They should have probably spent sometime doing a good class room training for SA from all 54 odd dealers who are selling the bike. If they can spend so much to get journalists in one place, they should have been able to spend a bit on training too.

Everyone who has booked a bike here is not getting any kind of comfortable vibes from respective dealers, it's just the product and initial reviews which is keeping us hooked. I just hope things get better from here and not go further downhill.
Attached Thumbnails
TVS Apache RR 310 launched at Rs. 2.05 lakh-1514645140790.jpg  

Last edited by AtheK : 30th December 2017 at 20:22.
AtheK is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 30th December 2017, 21:01   #201
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
I cannot comment on the KTM showrooms in your city but when I was purchasing my 2017 Duke 390, I had visited two showrooms in Bengaluru. I was approached by a representative in both places. Even when I went to purchase my Dominar, I was treated very courteously. If Bajaj can do this, I fail to see why TVS cannot.

You own both the Duke 390 and Dominar 400, and went to check out RR310 ?

Plans of collecting bikes?
PrasannaDhana is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 30th December 2017, 22:23   #202
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AtheK View Post

Everyone who has booked a bike here is not getting any kind of comfortable vibes from respective dealers, it's just the product and initial reviews which is keeping us hooked. I just hope things get better from here and not go further downhill.
Exactly, it's just the product. I too am very skeptical about TVS dealer's and a little worried about after sales too now.
Old 30th December 2017, 23:33   #203
BHPian

I went to the designated TVS dealer here for enquiring about the RR and its potential availability. The showroom chaps were warmer here than what you gents have described once i told them that i was there to find out about the RR. They had no promo materials but showed me the videos and whatever info they had.
This place has put in a different sort of booking rule: 3k INR is a non refundable booking amount if you change your mind once the bike is in transit and if you want a refundable booking then it is 50k INR. Upon further enquiry as to why such a policy, they pointed me towards their boss man. I went to him and told him i will talk to TVS about such a policy wherein he replied that it is his policy as lots of people come forward to book but many withdraw their bookings at a later date (his case in point was the RTR 200); so his point was that serious customers will cough up the 50k but the time wasters won't. I had nothing to say and was about to leave.
However, at that point, one of their ASS chaps turned up and greeted me seeing me there. He told his boss who i was and the boss man warmed up to me. We had a long talk and i came to know some things about the RR although i cannot tell you all about it.
I cannot tell you gents that he had received a mail which told him to keep initial booking numbers low as TVS cannot manufacture and send him a lot of bikes now; i most certainly did not see the mail that he didn't show me telling him this.
I cannot tell you that the initial lot of a whopping 4 bikes alloted to his showroom are 2 black and 2 red ones.
I cannot tell you that more bikes won't be available to him until March or so.
I cannot tell you that TVS is still ironing out niggles and that they are still testing.
I cannot tell you that his alloted bikes are not yet in transit to him but should be loaded by Sunday.
I cannot tell you that he has more than 70 bookings from people who have paid 50k and he is dreading the day he gets only 4 bikes and 66 unhappy people who would want a bloody good explanation as to why they haven't gotten their horses.
I cannot tell you that his staff are back from their servicing training and have come back suitably impressed.
I can however tell you gents that i made a booking for 3k INR but he has agreed to refund my money should i cancel. RTR history tells us that first lot bikes have small niggles which get sorted out by second or third lot. I have told him that i want a bike from preferably the second lot to which he agreed readily.
The waiting game begins.
Oh and by the way, i went to the KTM showroom to check out the 390. Cold fish at first but when i said i was interested in the RR, cold fish turned into warm muffin and coffee! Heehee!
N33raj is offline   (11) Thanks
Old 31st December 2017, 01:15   #204
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Plans of collecting bikes?
Not sure if 310RR is a collectors bike. The new 650 royal enfield could very well be.

The expectation to be treated like superbike buying experience in my personal view is just a little too much. This is still a TVS. But from the pictures posted here it is interesting to see the finish quality. The black doesnt look all that bad and somehow it looks like those CBR600RR and can be taken for a 600cc just by the looks till one hears the muffler

All in all i think its worth waiting but the price in banglore is ridiculous. 2.68L?. An used 650 can be got at a slightly higher price. But that is one way of thinking.
VW2010 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 31st December 2017, 04:52   #205
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by VW2010 View Post
All in all i think its worth waiting but the price in banglore is ridiculous. 2.68L?. An used 650 can be got at a slightly higher price. But that is one way of thinking.
That is true for almost ALL new purchases in the market. Used litre class bike can be had for the price of a new 650. Used quarter litre could be had for the price of a new 200. And more.

But yes - comparing apples, yes the TVS 310 is priced on the higher side and surely makes the RC390 sound better value for money. Something about the RR310 feels more desirable though - need to visit the showroom to see one in person.

That is - if only TVS had one in the showroom!
Old 31st December 2017, 13:27   #206
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sutripta View Post
For ABS?

Regards
Sutripta
Not for ABS. The ABS unit is hidden behind the tank. The line from the ABS unit to the front brake is what is split. The hoses are stainless steel braided and what I found interesting is that there are special stainless steel blocks in the middle which are used only to secure the hose to the frame. This is only on the front. Maybe someone else can explain this design.
Motard_Blr is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 31st December 2017, 13:39   #207
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrAzY dRiVeR View Post

That is - if only TVS had one in the showroom!
I went to Bharat TVS again today to see the red Apache. It is much more appealing than the black one, which almost appears to be hiding in plain sight.

Unlike what some here have experienced, the salesman I talked to was friendly and answered the few questions I had without any hesitation. He said that the long waiting period is because of limited supplies from the factory.

Test rides start after 10th January. I told him that I'll return after the test rides start.

The bikes I saw had good finish - no misaligned panels or parts, well-finished plastics, etc. What I did notice was that the attention to detail is erratic. For example, the hose from the rear brake master cylinder is covered in a sleeve to protect it but the high pressure hose from the master cylinder to the ABS unit and the line from there to the calliper are fixed to the frame with just a black cable tie. Technically this might be fine but I expected better on such an expensive bike, especially after seeing what they've done for the front brake.
Motard_Blr is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 31st December 2017, 14:25   #208
Distinguished - BHPian

Some one who is near tvs solar, can go see the bike and also crank it to life to hear the exhaust.

Last edited by AtheK : 31st December 2017 at 14:45.
AtheK is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 31st December 2017, 14:52   #209
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Motard_Blr View Post
Not for ABS. The ABS unit is hidden behind the tank. The line from the ABS unit to the front brake is what is split. The hoses are stainless steel braided and what I found interesting is that there are special stainless steel blocks in the middle which are used only to secure the hose to the frame. This is only on the front. Maybe someone else can explain this design.
The hose is split because the brake line goes from master cylinder to ABS Hydraulic Unit and from there to the front calliper. Hence the steel block which is used to change flow by 90°. Not too sure why such a design though.
Old 31st December 2017, 15:41   #210
BHPian

Quote:
The hose is split because the brake line goes from master cylinder to ABS Hydraulic Unit and from there to the front calliper. Hence the steel block which is used to change flow by 90°. Not too sure why such a design though.
I think you have misunderstood. Do have another look at the bike; you will see that the split is on the fork leg. It's visible in the photo I posted previously.
Motard_Blr is online now   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks