Senior - BHPian

Re: TVS Apache RR 310 launched at Rs. 2.05 lakh

Damn, I think only TN hasn't got deliveries of the bike yet :-(
Old 29th January 2018, 13:35   #347
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by stanjohn123 View Post
Pune hasn't got deliveries either, and same with Mumbai too I think.
Old 29th January 2018, 18:14   #348
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Are you sure on this? Logesh TVS in Chennai got 2 bikes atleast 2-3 weeks back. I know as the SA sent me the pics of both the bikes, one red and another black.
Old 29th January 2018, 21:55   #349
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by swiftnfurious View Post
Are you sure on this? Logesh TVS in Chennai got 2 bikes atleast 2-3 weeks back. I know as the SA sent me the pics of both the bikes, one red and another black.
Those might be display bikes. Even Coimbatore dealers got their display bikes 2 weeks back itself.
Old 30th January 2018, 10:26   #350
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by swiftnfurious View Post
Quote:
Those might be display bikes. Even Coimbatore dealers got their display bikes 2 weeks back itself.

Logesh TVS has started delivering bikes, atleast that's what the SA had infomed me a couple of weeks back. They are yet to provide test rides, but then delivery has commenced already. And yes, they do have two bikes on display, both the Black as well as the Red one. You can go over and check it out, they'll even let you start the bike and get a feel of the exhaust note and also check out the seating positions. Just that you can't take it out for a spin, I booked the bike a couple of weeks back and they are yet to provide a test ride of the same. I'm sorta confused between the RC 390 and RR 310 and I was hoping that a back to back test ride would help clear things out but TVS not providing us with a test ride bike is highly annoying. My only consolation is that I'm in no hurry and I can definitely wait till the test ride bike is ready. I for sure won't take delivery of the bike without a test ride.
Old 30th January 2018, 11:06   #351
Distinguished - BHPian

Saw 2 new bikes with registered stickers yesterday in RT Nagar, both getting the blessing from the nearby temple. Hope they deliver the bikes on time and not kill the interest.
Old 30th January 2018, 16:41   #352
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlazzingInferno View Post
Logesh TVS has started delivering bikes, atleast that's what the SA had infomed me a couple of weeks back. They are yet to provide test rides, but then delivery has commenced already. And yes, they do have two bikes on display, both the Black as well as the Red one. You can go over and check it out, they'll even let you start the bike and get a feel of the exhaust note and also check out the seating positions. Just that you can't take it out for a spin, I booked the bike a couple of weeks back and they are yet to provide a test ride of the same. I'm sorta confused between the RC 390 and RR 310 and I was hoping that a back to back test ride would help clear things out but TVS not providing us with a test ride bike is highly annoying. My only consolation is that I'm in no hurry and I can definitely wait till the test ride bike is ready. I for sure won't take delivery of the bike without a test ride.
I booked mine in TVS Lotus Coimbatore way back in December. They've got only the display bikes still. They said last week of Jan could be a possible delivery date without any guarantee's and now they say feb 1st week. Can't do anything but wait.
Old 30th January 2018, 17:23   #353
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
I booked mine in TVS Lotus Coimbatore way back in December. They've got only the display bikes still. They said last week of Jan could be a possible delivery date without any guarantee's and now they say feb 1st week. Can't do anything but wait.
I was in the Prakruthi dealership today, they have received 5 more bikes. 4 were on display. Dispatch have started, so you should have your's soon.

Also couple of updates, the first one is specially for you

1. First Service is at 1000 Km and not 500, labor is free for first three services, 2nd at 5000 and 3rd at 10000.
2. Maximum load allowed is 299.5 kgs, i thinks some one had asked for it earlier.
AtheK is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 30th January 2018, 21:33   #354
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
I'm sorta confused between the RC 390 and RR 310 and I was hoping that a back to back test ride would help clear things out.
Very simple! It is a battle between two totally different motorcycles.

Completely performance & handling focussed bike vs an all rounder bike that is a jack of all trades.

For a guy living in a metro, apache 310 makes more sense(doesn't heat up as much as a 390). But if you are a naturally aggressive rider, ktm 390 is the best you can buy under 5 lakhs! It is as fast(just a bike's length slower) than a Benelli 600i in a drag. While the Apache 310RR is a faster, better looking CBR 250R, an all rounder that can do anything you want it to.
PrasannaDhana is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 31st January 2018, 00:10   #355
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AtheK View Post
I was in the Prakruthi dealership today, they have received 5 more bikes. 4 were on display. Dispatch have started, so you should have your's soon.

Also couple of updates, the first one is specially for you

1. First Service is at 1000 Km and not 500, labor is free for first three services, 2nd at 5000 and 3rd at 10000.
2. Maximum load allowed is 299.5 kgs, i thinks some one had asked for it earlier.
Hey Athek. Thanks a lot for the info.

Eagerly awaiting your ownership review.
stanjohn123 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st February 2018, 08:18   #356
Senior - BHPian

Spotted a red RR310 today morning around 7:30. Was riding behind the bike for a fairly long distance (from nimhans flyover until koramangala water tank signal). Bike sure is a looker, liked the bike but not a fan of the grab handle (was looking weird) and that exhaust note. Those headlights were damn good too.

The bike was on temporary registration (KA 04 TC 81/82). Was that you Athek?
TorqueyTechie is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st February 2018, 10:55   #357
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by TorqueyTechie View Post
Spotted a red RR310 today morning around 7:30. Was riding behind the bike for a fairly long distance (from nimhans flyover until koramangala water tank signal). Bike sure is a looker, liked the bike but not a fan of the grab handle (was looking weird) and that exhaust note. Those headlights were damn good too.

The bike was on temporary registration (KA 04 TC 81/82). Was that you Athek?
Hey buddy, no not me. I was told TC is not temporary registration but dealer code. I am refraining from riding at all, till all my papers are in place. It has been gracing the parking lot from last week, with the society kids posing for pics.

No news yet when it will go for registration, will check back with dealer today. Yes the grab handle is odd, but i guess that is the only place where i can get helmet lock fit

PS: Just got a call from dealer, he is sending documents to RTO today, hopefully registration tomorrow.

Last edited by AtheK : 1st February 2018 at 11:05.
AtheK is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 1st February 2018, 14:46   #358
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AtheK View Post
PS: Just got a call from dealer, he is sending documents to RTO today, hopefully registration tomorrow.
Just saw that someone has bought the 310 near my house and had a number plate so looks like registration is already being done.
nikhn is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd February 2018, 11:46   #359
BHPian

Quote:
If you are ok with an aggressive seating and a super sport kind of performance go for the RC 390. I had booked a RR 310 and was absolutely dismayed with the way they were dealing. No clear information, no test ride and no clarity. I cancelled my booking of the RR 310 went to KTM and got delivery in flat 3 days. Picked my RC 390 yesterday. However, if you are looking for a bike for daily commute in traffic etc the RC 390 may not be the best option. In terms of sheer power and handling the RC is the best in this price range.
amitroy is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd February 2018, 12:19   #360
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amitroy View Post
If you are ok with an aggressive seating and a super sport kind of performance go for the RC 390. I had booked a RR 310 and was absolutely dismayed with the way they were dealing. No clear information, no test ride and no clarity. I cancelled my booking of the RR 310 went to KTM and got delivery in flat 3 days. Picked my RC 390 yesterday. However, if you are looking for a bike for daily commute in traffic etc the RC 390 may not be the best option. In terms of sheer power and handling the RC is the best in this price range.
It is the same problem that I am facing right now, I am unable to get hold of a test ride bike. But then again the dealership has been treating me good and that is the only reason I'm still sticking on to my booking. Also most of my rides are going to be within the city, highway rides are quite rare and well I suppose the RR310 has enough grunt for a highway spin too. Although I can't be too sure until I ride both the bikes back to back, it is down to personal preference after all. Let's just hope that TVS buckles up and starts taking our demands more seriously.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks