Team-BHP > Motorbikes
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 21st March 2018, 08:50   #421
Team-BHP Support

Re: TVS Apache RR 310 launched at Rs. 2.05 lakh

Quote:
Originally Posted by AtheK View Post
See if you are getting chain sound, as that is one of the most common issues.
Even after following proper chain cleaning and lubrication every 500 kms?
Old 21st March 2018, 09:13   #422
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrAzY dRiVeR View Post
Even after following proper chain cleaning and lubrication every 500 kms?
The issue seems to be chain becoming loose after some driving. My chain sound is reduced drastically after 1st service, but still not gone. TVS R&D team got in touch with me, and would want to check my bike and fix the issue. Unfortunately i have not ben getting any time from last week, i will hopefully meet them this saturday.
AtheK is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st March 2018, 16:16   #423

Even i have the same chain noise issue and also my the front wheel makes a peculiar sound (like muffled wind chimes) not sure if its common.
Old 21st March 2018, 23:48   #424
Distinguished - BHPian

As of today, Logesh TVS quotes a 4 month delivery period for Red RR310. Not sure it's the delivery woes or huge booking numbers. So far, I just saw 1 bike around Adyar since launch.
Old 22nd March 2018, 08:27   #425
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by swiftnfurious View Post
As of today, Logesh TVS quotes a 4 month delivery period for Red RR310. Not sure it's the delivery woes or huge booking numbers. So far, I just saw 1 bike around Adyar since launch.
Its both. Bookings as well as 10 bikes per dealer per month rationing of supplies by TVS. Bangalore they are quoting between 90 to 120 days for Red. Black may come sooner but no proper commitment given.
Old 22nd March 2018, 09:07   #426
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Looks like TVS wants to iron out issues reported by owners after real life usage.

Better to deliver a good defectless product a bit late than a niggle filled product early.

But if someone is interested in RR310, I suggest he/she waits at least another 6 months.
PrasannaDhana is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd March 2018, 10:04   #427
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrasannaDhana View Post
Looks like TVS wants to iron out issues reported by owners after real life usage.

Better to deliver a good defectless product a bit late than a niggle filled product early.

But if someone is interested in RR310, I suggest he/she waits at least another 6 months.
Yes waiting is a better option, the chain issue is pretty much being reported by everyone. It's a minor niggle but irritating. The issue around vibration at high speeds is also under review and one blogger said that it has reduced after first service. These are the two major issues as of today.

The very small niggles though not deal breaker, sometime do get to your nerves. I am just happy that TVS is happy to work in collaboration to fix them. In 4 months anyway the waiting periods will come down.
Old 23rd March 2018, 17:53   #428
BHPian

Quote:
Not sure about the booking numbers, but TVS was able to deliver (dealer dispatches) only 353 bikes in Feb 2018. This combined with 242 units in Jan 2018 makes only 595 bikes dispatched, which is way below for a very good bike in recent times.
jpcoolguy is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th March 2018, 14:36   #429
Senior - BHPian

To be honest. None of the issues on the bike are deal breakers. The first owners like us have taken a risk in taking the vehicle early, but the biggest positive is right now everyone around are treating us like celebrities for owning it since they are still rare on the road.

Yesterday I was swarmed by a group of Royal Enfield workers who were so excited seeing my bike in Flesh. I told them that they could take pics once I park my bike. Immediately 6-7 guy's surrounded the bike and started shooting pics. I even got included in their rider's club.
stanjohn123 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 25th March 2018, 22:16   #430
BHPian

Quote:
Logesh TVS is ready to deliver my friend's bike which was booked in early Jan. They are yet to send me an update for my bike which was booked during mid Jan, they're definitely moving at a slow pace. But then again I'm ready to wait, if they manage to iron out the existing issues on the bike, it just makes it an even better deal.
BlazzingInferno is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th March 2018, 12:16   #431
BHPian

To all those who have taken delivery of their bikes, Can you please let me know the exact KM on the speedometer at which the bike was delivered to you? The bike which is allotted to my friend has 75 odd KM on the ODO (This is before registration formalities) and the response which the showroom gave us is that the bikes come in from the factory with 50 odd KM on the ODO and the remaining was attributed to some formalities done here in our city, which wasn't very convincing to state the least.
Old 26th March 2018, 12:49   #432
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlazzingInferno View Post
To all those who have taken delivery of their bikes, Can you please let me know the exact KM on the speedometer at which the bike was delivered to you?.
My RC390 had 7 km on the odo when I chose it at the godown. And 24km during delivery after rto formalities.

75 km is a bit high if you ask me. Even four wheelers don't have such a high number at delivery. My Storme had 57km on odo during delivery.
PrasannaDhana is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th March 2018, 14:15   #433
BHPian

Quote:
To all those who have taken delivery of their bikes, Can you please let me know the exact KM on the speedometer at which the bike was delivered to you?
During the delivery of RR310, the odo read 13kms(Before RTO formalities).

Quote:
The bike which is allotted to my friend has 75 odd KM on the ODO (This is before registration formalities)
That is way too high I remember when my friend got the delivery of his Street Triple in 2015 the odo read 20 something kms.
Cartik5477 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th March 2018, 14:18   #434
BHPian

Quote:
To all those who have taken delivery of their bikes, Can you please let me know the exact KM on the speedometer at which the bike was delivered to you? The bike which is allotted to my friend has 75 odd KM on the ODO (This is before registration formalities) and the response which the showroom gave us is that the bikes come in from the factory with 50 odd KM on the ODO and the remaining was attributed to some formalities done here in our city, which wasn't very convincing to state the least.
Seems like test rides were given on this piece. Worse is if it was being used for joyrides at the dealership. There was an incident reported in a thread about staff at a KTM service centre abusing bikes which were in for servicing.

You should talk to the dealership GM and escalate to TVS if needed.
hothatchaway is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th March 2018, 16:26   #435
Distinguished - BHPian

my bike had 16 kms on the ODO, 75 sounds fishy.
AtheK is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks