Team-BHP > Motorbikes
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 26th March 2018, 17:29   #436
BHPian

Re: TVS Apache RR 310 launched at Rs. 2.05 lakh

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrasannaDhana View Post
My RC390 had 7 km on the odo when I chose it at the godown. And 24km during delivery after rto formalities.

75 km is a bit high if you ask me. Even four wheelers don't have such a high number at delivery. My Storme had 57km on odo during delivery.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cartik5477 View Post
During the delivery of RR310, the odo read 13kms(Before RTO formalities).

That is way too high I remember when my friend got the delivery of his Street Triple in 2015 the odo read 20 something kms.
Quote:
Originally Posted by hothatchaway View Post
Seems like test rides were given on this piece. Worse is if it was being used for joyrides at the dealership. There was an incident reported in a thread about staff at a KTM service centre abusing bikes which were in for servicing.

You should talk to the dealership GM and escalate to TVS if needed.
Quote:
Originally Posted by AtheK View Post
my bike had 16 kms on the ODO, 75 sounds fishy.
Thanks for all your replies, I will definitely ask my friend to talk with the dealership and I will get back to you folks asap. I did have a feel that 75KM on the ODO was kinda pushing it too far and hence the query, lets see how this pans out.
Old 26th March 2018, 18:02   #437
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlazzingInferno View Post
the response which the showroom gave us is that the bikes come in from the factory with 50 odd KM on the ODO .
This is a load of bull crap. I do not think any mass manufactured vehicle comes with more than 5 kms on the odo from factory. Have checked a lot of vehicles (both 2 & 4 wheels) when they were unloaded from the trolley.

Just check out any TVS Star etc which doesn’t have digital instrumentation on that showroom itself. You can educate the showroom better that way. And remember to escalate this with folks at TVS, if customer is king for them, they will respond positively.
Sheel is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 27th March 2018, 21:07   #438
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlazzingInferno View Post
To all those who have taken delivery of their bikes, Can you please let me know the exact KM on the speedometer at which the bike was delivered to you? The bike which is allotted to my friend has 75 odd KM on the ODO (This is before registration formalities) and the response which the showroom gave us is that the bikes come in from the factory with 50 odd KM on the ODO and the remaining was attributed to some formalities done here in our city, which wasn't very convincing to state the least.
I had 27 Kms on mine. When I enquired they said it was because the RTO from where they did temp registration was a bit far.

One other owner also had 60 Kms done on his bike.

If it was not for RTO, then it was surely a test ride vehicle.

I got a serious issue on my bike. Today while taking a turn at 45 Kmph in 3rd gear, the engine suddenly cut off and I lost power. My rear wheels locked and skidded briefly. I immediately held the clutch as instinct and suddenly restarted the bike. One other owner from my RR 310 group faced the exact same issue. Did anyone else face it here ?
Old 29th March 2018, 20:49   #439
Distinguished - BHPian

Sorry to bring the bad news, but the wait just gets longer
https://bikeadvice.in/apache-310-waiting-period/

When Maruti can produce 5000+ copies of 11 models, why can't tvs produce a minimum 1000 copies of their flagship product!?

Last edited by PrasannaDhana : 29th March 2018 at 20:53.
PrasannaDhana is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 29th March 2018, 22:21   #440
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
This is where TVS falters all the time. They just don't want to have a sales success even when they have a product worthy of that success. Totally clueless marketing and management team!! Very valid point about MS being able to produce 5000+ copies of 11 different models across a few plants in the country while TVS is struggling to make just a few 1000 copies of the flagship which they are pitting against some very stiff competition.

Last edited by abhinav.s : 29th March 2018 at 22:22.
abhinav.s is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th March 2018, 23:56   #441
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
https://bikeadvice.in/apache-310-waiting-period/

When Maruti can produce 5000+ copies of 11 models, why can't tvs produce a minimum 1000 copies of their flagship product!?
I think they are containing the production just to ensure the sample size is small for real life feedback. They sure can't afford a lot of negativity especially with the association of BMW. A lot of bad feedback might as well hit the G310R even before it's launch.

If he is so confident about the capacity being met as per their expectations, he would reveal those; if not, he is not in his comfort zone to disclose the details.
Old 30th March 2018, 00:32   #442
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by swiftnfurious View Post
I think they are containing the production just to ensure the sample size is small for real life feedback.
I wish your words were true!

But instead, my gut feeling says TVS is repeating the blunder of the RTR200. Sample size was kept small till the product flopped! . I see more enthusiasm from TVS towards the NTorq rather than the RR310, which seems to have been ignored post the launch.
Quote:
Originally Posted by swiftnfurious View Post
If he is so confident about the capacity being met as per their expectations, he would reveal those; if not, he is not in his comfort zone to disclose the details.
Sounds purely PR stuff to me. 661 units and TVS says they are sold out?

Quote:
According to the official SIAM data, TVS has so far dispatched only 661 units of Apache RR 310 since December 2017 (data till February 2018).

Last edited by CrAzY dRiVeR : 30th March 2018 at 00:35.
Old 30th March 2018, 09:49   #443
Distinguished - BHPian

It could be a combination of both, trying to pull off a stunt and also the fact that they are very actively working on fixing the niggles. I have been contacted multiple times by R&D team to show them the bike, it's just that i have been too busy. They are working with owners to rectify the problems which is a good sign.

Majority of the owners have been reproting the chain noise issue, and it could be one of the major fix they might be trying to implement. They have also done a recall for a mirror part replacement for bikes manufactured before Jan 2018. Some one posted a video in YT confirming that bookings have been stopped in Ahemdabad, they want to reduce the backlog.

That said they should have planned it better. The comparison with Maruti might not be fair, due to sheer volume and workforce in play. TVS just has one line for RR310 if i am correct, and which probably might also be shared with BMW G310, so they have to continue manufacturing that as well. If they don't get the act together this product will definitely loose steam. They have got a brilliant start, they should continue to push.

PS: Waiting period is 4 months in bangalore dealerships.

Last edited by AtheK : 30th March 2018 at 09:51.
AtheK is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 30th March 2018, 17:02   #444
BHPian

Making BMW bikes is more important to TVS than making Apaches, both in terms of money and in items of manufacturing capability. TVS are in a fortunate situation where demand for the Apache far exceeds supply. And in case, demand for the Apache dries up before they get production up to speed, they lose very little - it's more than 90% a BMW in parts and not much in engineering and design money.

Sad for us enthusiasts but this is the harsh reality.
Old 31st March 2018, 03:25   #445
Senior - BHPian

I understand how TVS could have done a better job with the launch of this product, but I honestly don't see why they would have to stress out. This one is definitely not going to go the road of the RTR200 for one very simple reason; The RR310 is a brilliant product.

The RTR200 is competing in a space where you have the FZ25 and the NS200 which all perform nearly the same function. Whereas not only is the RR310 a good product in its own right, it also enjoys the status of being the only product of its kind in that price range. For 2-3 lakhs if someone wants a versatile fully faired bike that doesn't mind touring and makes every day riding easy, there is simply nothing else out there. Sure you can buy an R3 or a Ninja300 but refinement and build quality doesn't really justify shelling out twice the money to me. So TVS need not fear in my opinion. Let them take time, sort out the issues, I don't see any threat to this product's success at all. KTM is always going to remain a manufacturer of focused machines and Yamaha and Kawasaki don't seem to be bothered to set up local production.
Old 31st March 2018, 09:54   #446
BHPian

So I finally got an opportunity to test ride the Apache 310RR!! I rode a friend's Ninja 300 to the dealership (with him riding pillion) which was about 10 km away from my residence. Here are my observations:

The Apache’s fit and finish build quality although not as impeccable as the Ninja, is very premium. Easily the best among all Indian manufacturers and some Japanese ones (my Suzuki Gixxer) too! We had a black test bike, and it surely turned more heads than the white Ninja.

The Apache really gallops after 4000rpm!! That midrange performance is properly addictive. I feel the sweet spot is between 5000 rpm- 8000 rpm. The Ninja in contrast only just wakes up past 5000 rpm and really gets going post 9000 rpm. The only dampener is the vibrations on the Apache. This may be because we rode a test ride bike, but there were vibrations in the handlebars, fuel tank and an especially annoying buzz in the seat post 5000rpm.I could shift gears on both the bikes using only two fingers to pull in the clutch lever, but my friend says the Ninja is better owing to its slipper clutch. Cannot comment on heat management as we rode the bikes on an almost empty back road.

Ride quality is more plush on the Apache, especially at lower speeds. Braking is very close, the Apache's brakes felt a tad wooden, although the sales representative who accompanied us said that they had loosened the brakes on the test bikes. My friends Ninja too is running MRF Masseter tyres compared to the poor stock IRC tyres of the Ninja. But the Apache gives me the safety net of ABS, and that decisively tilts the scale in favour of the Apache.

To conclude, I will go ahead and say the Apache 310 is the more fun (and affordable) motorcycle inspite of being pegged back by vibes. I wait now with bated breath for the BMW G310R/GS. The Ninja only makes sense if you don't mind paying (a rather high premium) for the refinement, reliability and build quality.

The Ninja 400, however would be a different ball game altogether. Are you listening Kawasaki?!
Shumi_21 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 31st March 2018, 17:08   #447
Distinguished - BHPian

bad news boys, news trickling in from showroom that the price has gone up by around 9K in bangalore.
AtheK is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 31st March 2018, 19:46   #448
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shumi_21 View Post
...The only dampener is the vibrations on the Apache. This may be because we rode a test ride bike, but there were vibrations in the handlebars, fuel tank and an especially annoying buzz in the seat post 5000rpm...
Thanks for sharing. I think these are the same feedback almost all have shared after test riding the bike, so don't think it's an issue with just the test drive bikes (though TVS claimed these were issues with just not 'enough' driven bikes during the media review).
swiftnfurious is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 31st March 2018, 20:01   #449
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AtheK View Post
bad news boys, news trickling in from showroom that the price has gone up by around 9K in bangalore.
I somehow feel the price rise and pathetic production planning is making CBR250R a good choice for someone TVS has aimed Apache RR310 at- people who want a relaxed, comfortable seating position, ABS, adequate performance(CBR is just a tad bit slower), and a great long distance cruiser.

Feather on cbr's cap is the amazing refinement and terrific reliability, more importantly lack of vibes and niggles that the TVS can't just get rid off.

Agreed CBR may not accelerate as fast(2 secs slower to a 100) but I don't think outright acceleration is something RR owners prioritise highly. But if RR is 2.2 lakhs ex showroom and CBR is 1.9 ex showroom, that makes a good 40k difference on the OTR. But then a 7 year old design is a turn off!

Last edited by PrasannaDhana : 31st March 2018 at 20:04.
PrasannaDhana is online now   (4) Thanks
Old 31st March 2018, 20:35   #450
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
I somehow feel the price rise and pathetic production planning is making CBR250R a good choice for someone TVS has aimed Apache RR310 at- people who want a relaxed, comfortable seating position, ABS, adequate performance(CBR is just a tad bit slower), and a great long distance cruiser.

Feather on cbr's cap is the amazing refinement and terrific reliability, more importantly lack of vibes and niggles that the TVS can't just get rid off.

Agreed CBR may not accelerate as fast(2 secs slower to a 100) but I don't think outright acceleration is something RR owners prioritise highly. But if RR is 2.2 lakhs ex showroom and CBR is 1.9 ex showroom, that makes a good 40k difference on the OTR. But then a 7 year old design is a turn off!
Nope don't agree, i always had the choice but nope don't need an aged product. Also the abs version of cbr 250 r is not exactly cheap.

Only if Honda had got the 300, now that will be a no Brainer, even if it cost 20k more then Apache.TVS with 6 months waiting in certain places need to get the act together, the product is selling itself.

Last edited by AtheK : 31st March 2018 at 20:38.
AtheK is online now   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks