Team-BHP > Motorbikes
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 26th June 2018, 14:50   #496
Team-BHP Support

Re: TVS Apache RR 310 launched at Rs. 2.05 lakh

Quote:
Originally Posted by AtheK View Post
Ninja won't come at 2.75, rumoured price drop is 1 lac, so it will still be around 3.5-3.6 OTR, If they do end up giving abs at that price it will be a worthy contender.
I was mentioning ex showroom. Currently it is 3.6 ex showroom, whereas RR310 is at 2.25L whereas RC390 is at 2.36L.
Old 26th June 2018, 14:52   #497
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrAzY dRiVeR View Post
I was mentioning ex showroom. Currently it is 3.6 ex showroom, whereas RR310 is at 2.25L whereas RC390 is at 2.36L.
My bad then, but if I have a choice and I can buy a ninja with abs with 75k premium, I will prefer ninja over rr.
AtheK is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th June 2018, 17:06   #498
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pixantz View Post
Not to be negative but going through this thread and then remembering the starting experiences of threads for other bikes on various forums since couple of years, it logically appears that the niggles and issues are just not worth it. Only novelty on the Rr310 appears to be the new looksand nothing else. I think everyone would be much more happier and less stressed out buying just about any other bike in similar budget available including the Cbr250r, Dominar, RC wins, etc. Yes, even the infamous Bajaj's don't have these many issues. Just my two cents.
This is a bike which is being operated by a Rental company, it has already clocked 17.5K kms in 4 months and still running absolutely butter smooth. The bike would have seen varying ride styles and probably abused a bit too. TVS atleast lives upto the billing of producing a reliable bike.
Attached Thumbnails
TVS Apache RR 310 launched at Rs. 2.05 lakh-1530099375928.jpg  

AtheK is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 27th June 2018, 20:57   #499
BHPian

I had the opportunity to visit the BMW/RR310 machining and assembly lines at the TVS factory in Hosur recently. The company seems to have benefitted immensely from the partnership. The assembly line in particular is very modern in terms of equipment.

What surprises me is the recurring reliability issue either with the brake pedal or some other component. TVS supposedly invests a lot of time and money to improve reliability but these issues, especially on a bike that is supposed to derive design cues from Germany, indicate that it may be a local manufacturing or supplier issue that TVS is grappling with.
harikrishna.te is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 15th July 2018, 18:43   #500
Distinguished - BHPian

https://www.autocarindia.com/bike-ne...rapovic-409030

Akrapovic exhaust launched for 310 @ 55k, seems to be on expensive side it does add up 2.4 hp and 2.7 nm torque.
AtheK is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th August 2018, 23:50   #501
Team-BHP Support

Falling sales of the TVS Apache RR310 has started raising eyebrows -

Sales are down to 351 units per month in July, with the average sales being only about 416 units per month till date. These figures are way below that of the declared targets of 10k units a year.

http://www.moneycontrol.com/news/tec...s-2840761.html

Can't help but wonder if they now repent the slightly optimistic pricing. Initial reactions on the pricing was that it was higher than most people expected, but then the product was good as well - so the market was supposed to forgive. But have they?

TVS should be very concerned since its hard to recover if they lose steam so fast after the launch of a product.

Last edited by CrAzY dRiVeR : 14th August 2018 at 23:51.
CrAzY dRiVeR is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 15th August 2018, 00:36   #502
Distinguished - BHPian

I think the general feel is that new bikes from TVS (& Bajaj) are better avoided in the initial batches. And we did hear about some niggles too. Believe TVS also held on to controlled deliveries in the initial months - all these together may have got the potential customers to move to other brands. I, for one, may have taken the bite if the price was in line with the market expectations, but the delay in deliveries (along with price) reduced my interest and I settled for a pre-worshipped CBR 250. While I like the looks of the RR, I am fairly happy with the CBR & may not buy the RR at all.

Too many unwanted delivery constraints for the bike.
swiftnfurious is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 15th August 2018, 13:29   #503
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrAzY dRiVeR View Post
Falling sales of the TVS Apache RR310 has started raising eyebrows -

Sales are down to 351 units per month in July, with the average sales being only about 416 units per month till date. These figures are way below that of the declared targets of 10k units a year.

http://www.moneycontrol.com/news/tec...s-2840761.html

Can't help but wonder if they now repent the slightly optimistic pricing. Initial reactions on the pricing was that it was higher than most people expected, but then the product was good as well - so the market was supposed to forgive. But have they?

TVS should be very concerned since its hard to recover if they lose steam so fast after the launch of a product.
The biggest problem that I see is that TVS have no idea or experience in selling a luxury product. An Apache 200 is a premium product but a 310 is a luxury product. I have no experience in marketing but it's common sense to deduce that someone paying 2.5 lakhs for a bike will have very high expectations of the product and the experience during pre-sale, sale and after-sale.

TVS have been lazy and unprepared in trying to sell the Apache 310 alongside XL mopeds by untrained sales persons in shoddy conditions. My recent experience at the Royal Enfield company showroom was impressive. RE have learnt their lessons and know how to treat a customer who is ready to pay double or triple the price of a mass-market product.

In addition to messing that up, TVS have also made mistakes in the product and have been slow to correct them. Nobody expects a perfect product but how problems are addressed is very important.
Motard_Blr is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 15th August 2018, 17:09   #504
Distinguished - BHPian

True, the initial response to reach out to customers was good, but it fizzled out. The niggles still remain, most irritant being chain sound, and tvs has no idea how to fix it. The vibrations comes with a single cylinder, but seems like no solution to even reduce them exist with TVS. They totally missed out on giving a location to install frame sliders, and the mirrors vibrate at high speeds with the body, there is only so much good looks can do.

Bike has the potential, but TVS does not.
AtheK is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 15th August 2018, 23:15   #505
BHPian

Quote:
True, the initial response to reach out to customers was good, but it fizzled out. The niggles still remain, most irritant being chain sound, and tvs has no idea how to fix it. The vibrations comes with a single cylinder, but seems like no solution to even reduce them exist with TVS. They totally missed out on giving a location to install frame sliders, and the mirrors vibrate at high speeds with the body, there is only so much good looks can do.

Bike has the potential, but TVS does not.
It's a no brainer. I tried to say the same thing albeit in other words some posts back. You don't even need to think hard to see where this was going looking at the kind of fare Tvs was dishing out since as far back as I can remember. Also the service.

I guess they thought plonking a BMW engine on two wheels was going to get them to the moon quick, but apparently riders today are more mature than back in the Fiat-Ambassador days. It's not like they take everything you give them lying down. Today people are more aware of what 2.25 lacs can and should get them.
pixantz is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 16th August 2018, 23:58   #506
BHPian

310 RR is such a potent bike, though the single pot motor is not as refined as we would have liked, it definitely seems decent on paper. And with the BMW partnership and the flamboyant looks, I was convinced that TVS has got a winner on their hands. Especially when BMW launched their own version of this motorcycle G310R, all of a sudden, the TVS pricing started making sense as well. Despite all this, the market acceptance remains to be poor.

I am a proud owner of a 2007 Apache RTR 160 with 1,30,000 KMs on the ODO and is still a pocket rocket as it used to be. And I am feeling a bit offensive that TVS as a manufacturer is not giving its 100% to follow thru' on market feedback.

TVS should iron out the reported niggles quickly and should try to give a premium experience to the RR 310 customer, say "NEXA" like, may be with in their existing dealerships.

The 150 - 200 CC segment is so crowded already, it is not wise to rely on the RTR lineup alone to maintain and promote their 35 years of racing heritage.
Old 1st September 2018, 10:12   #507
BHPian

Apache 310 R... fined as it has LED head lamps!

Original article...

https://www.rushlane.com/amp/tvs-apa...-12279857.html

Here is the hilarious video.

ravradha is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 11th September 2018, 14:10   #508
BHPian

TVS Apache sales cross the three million mark.
Quote:
TVS motors has just announced that motorcycles under the Apache brand have crossed the three-million-unit global sales milestone. Launched around 13 years ago, the Apache series was one of the few sporty commuters on sale, at the time, in India. TVS claim that the Apache series of bikes is considered among the “the fastest-growing premium motorcycle brands in the country with presence across the globe.”
https://www.autocarindia.com/bike-ne...on-mark-409642
Old 14th September 2018, 18:14   #509
BHPian

As a first lot RR310 owner and a avid reader of Tbhp until my membership got approved today.Oh yes this will indeed be my first post.

I need to thank Bhpian Athek in influencing me a lot to take the plunge and go ahead with the Apache RR310. This forum is the only reason I went ahead with my purchase or else would have just settled for the D400.

Thank you all, its been a good decision so far!!!
FURY_44 is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 31st December 2018, 18:01   #510
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
congratulations, regarding the 10,000 bikes, that is the TVS target of sales for the entire year.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Madhu_Bengaluru View Post
During the launch i heard that the target TVS has for this vehicle is just 10,000 pieces annually
TVS achieved just more than 50% of that target in the first year since launch -

TVS Apache RR 310 launched at Rs. 2.05 lakh-screenshot-20181231-5.59.13-pm.png
CrAzY dRiVeR is offline   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks