Team-BHP > Motorbikes
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 31st March 2018, 20:43   #451
BHPian

Re: TVS Apache RR 310 launched at Rs. 2.05 lakh

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrasannaDhana View Post
making CBR250R a good choice for someone TVS has aimed Apache RR310 at- people who want a relaxed, comfortable seating position, ABS, adequate performance(CBR is just a tad bit slower), and a great long distance cruiser.

Feather on cbr's cap is the amazing refinement and terrific reliability, more importantly lack of vibes and niggles that the TVS can't just get rid off.

But then a 7 year old design is a turn off!
Exactly this is what holding me back to buy the Apache. I can relate to all the above mentioned points esp after selling my Classic 500 and am on the lookout for an all round bike. But maybe Apache is not aimed at millennial's.

But IMO the major problem lies in the dealership too. Their mentality is purely doing volumes. Volume bikes are mostly not premium and hence the salesmen do not care to talk to a potential buyer who is interested in the niche product. This is largely aimed at the big 4 Honda, Yamaha, TVS and Bajaj. Apache is not available for test ride in a city like Mumbai, this is unbelivable. Having a good product is one thing but the whole experience is also important and all of them surely do have great products in that segment.

I remember going to a Harley showroom about 5/6 yrs back. The sales guy showed me with full enthusiasm even though when I had informed him pre-hand that I am just here to see and admire the bikes and cannot afford a Harley. He calmly replied No problem sir, even offered a test ride and while parting he just said "maybe one day sir" with a smile.

I think something like what Maruti did is needed here too, the Nexa experience. Doing volumes isn't bad I agree, but I am sure we all have come to a stage where the Indian consumer will pay for the premium product and premium experience.
The Great is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 31st March 2018, 21:16   #452
Senior - BHPian

After the first service, the bike is just fantastic. it sounds even more bassy above 4000 RPM.

I'm revving it hard and this beauty just flies. This thing is superb, don't fret over a 9K increase, it's still very much worth it.
Old 31st March 2018, 21:28   #453
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by stanjohn123 View Post
After the first service, the bike is just fantastic. it sounds even more bassy above 4000 RPM.

I'm revving it hard and this beauty just flies. This thing is superb, don't fret over a 9K increase, it's still very much worth it.
Oh I thought I had a placebo effect, but the exhaust does sound much better after first service. It's just not above 4000 rpm, but generally the exhaust sounds better.
Old 31st March 2018, 22:08   #454
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AtheK View Post
Oh I thought I had a placebo effect, but the exhaust does sound much better after first service. It's just not above 4000 rpm, but generally the exhaust sounds better.
Yes true it sounds much better throughout. I tried to record the engine or exhaust sound but failed miserably due to the wind noise the mic captures.

I'm still getting the chain sound though. What about you ?
Old 1st April 2018, 00:44   #455
BHPian

Quote:
Mine run about 400kms only and the chain noise heard on uneven roads, not as much louder as others has, but slight tak tak noise. Also the vibrations are found on handle bars at slow speed of 40kmph@3k rpm. Post 4k rpm, the vibrations does not feel on handle bars. But post 110kmph, the vibrations felt on foot pegs & seat.
Old 1st April 2018, 01:03   #456
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Yes true it sounds much better throughout. I tried to record the engine or exhaust sound but failed miserably due to the wind noise the mic captures.

I am also still getting it, need to meet the R&D engineer by taking sometime out. I think this might be some other issue all together, I am doing some testing. Tomorrow I am going for a 300 km ride, lets see how it behaves, will update later.
Old 2nd April 2018, 22:00   #457
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrAzY dRiVeR View Post
I wish your words were true!

But instead, my gut feeling says TVS is repeating the blunder of the RTR200. Sample size was kept small till the product flopped! . I see more enthusiasm from TVS towards the NTorq rather than the RR310, which seems to have been ignored post the launch.

Sounds purely PR stuff to me. 661 units and TVS says they are sold out?
Slightly OT. NTorq supply is no better either. 4 vehicles per truck is the allocation that too majority in yellow when the demand far exceeds the supply. Most dealerships have a few yellow colored ones left, some good dealerships do not have even a single piece in stock apart from the display vehicle.

TVS is repeating the same mistakes over and over again. RR310 allocation per dealership will increase from May onwards. Don't expect it to be very high, but higher than the current ones nevertheless.
nkrishnap is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd April 2018, 22:47   #458
Senior - BHPian

Hi guy's did a small vlog after my first service. I think problems are almost same for all owners.

Last edited by Eddy : 2nd April 2018 at 23:38. Reason: Please do not post links to your personal webpages. Against the forum rules.
stanjohn123 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd April 2018, 09:33   #459
BHPian

TVS hikes RR310 by 8k (link)

The same is being reflected in official site as well (link). In the Karnataka it costs whopping 2.23L ex showroom Firstly TVS isnt producing enough bikes and now this

Quote:
Now, prices for the TVS Apache RR310 will start at INR 2.13 lakh against the earlier price tag of INR 2.05 lakh. The only exception to this price hike would be the state of Kerala, where the road tax for motorcycles above INR 2 lakh is 20%. Hence the RR 310 has been priced in the said region at INR 1.99 lakh, helping it fall into the tax bracket of 10% for bikes below INR 2 lakh.
Old 3rd April 2018, 21:11   #460
BHPian

The SA at TVS contacted me earlier today and stated that my bike has arrived at the showroom and he wants me to go ahead and make the full payment and then wait for another 10 days max, before they deliver the bike. He states that they need ten days to process the same and finish off the RTO formalities, is this the normal procedure? Because usually we have to make the payment and then they straight away go for the registration part, if I'm not mistaken. I will have to go in person tomorrow and get the PDI done before making the final payment, I just wanted to know if the ten day time period he stated was normal or not.
Old 3rd April 2018, 21:58   #461
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlazzingInferno View Post
I will have to go in person tomorrow and get the PDI done before making the final payment, I just wanted to know if the ten day time period he stated was normal or not.
Not normal at all!! 10 days after the full payment for what?? Registration here in Bangalore at least is a same day process for new vehicles. You make the payment today, max the next day the vehicle with the number will be ready. Something about the 10 day wait after full payment is not right. Probe this and get further information. If deliveries have already happened in Chennai, then it means that the RTO system is updated with this new model. So that also cannot be the cause of the delay. Sometimes here for a new model the RTO systems will not be updated yet and hence there will be a delay. But with deliveries already happening in the major cities this is ruled out.

Last edited by abhinav.s : 3rd April 2018 at 22:09.
abhinav.s is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd April 2018, 22:59   #462
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by abhinav.s View Post
Not normal at all!! 10 days after the full payment for what?? Registration here in Bangalore at least is a same day process for new vehicles. You make the payment today, max the next day the vehicle with the number will be ready. Something about the 10 day wait after full payment is not right. Probe this and get further information. If deliveries have already happened in Chennai, then it means that the RTO system is updated with this new model. So that also cannot be the cause of the delay. Sometimes here for a new model the RTO systems will not be updated yet and hence there will be a delay. But with deliveries already happening in the major cities this is ruled out.
The SA stated that once I make the payment he'll prepare an Invoice. He was of the opinion that it'll take around five days for him to finish off the loan procedure. The loan is being availed independently on my end and well, the bank formalities are all done and the documents namely Form 20 and a letter to the RTO if I'm right, can be given to them in a day (This I'm sure of as my dad works at a bank and the loan is being availed at his workplace, the same was informed to the SA). So his theory of the loan process taking another five days is down the drain and apart from that he needs another four to five days for the RTO process and hence the ten day approximation according to the SA.
BlazzingInferno is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th April 2018, 00:05   #463
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by abhinav.s View Post
The number would not be available the same day unless it is previously booked/blocked number by paying additional fees to the RTO. You get the number allotted on 2nd or the 3rd day from the date of registration which is a bit weird though. But the vehicle will generally be delivered with a Registered sticker on the 2nd day. 10 days is unusual for sure.
nkrishnap is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th April 2018, 12:07   #464
Distinguished - BHPian

Give these dealers one good bike, and they will make sure they act like as if they are doing favor on the customers. TVS showroom which will hardly see any footfalls is buzzing these days, and dealers on their side are busy harassing customers. 10 day wait after making full payment and that too with bike being available with them is just a joke.

TVS really need to quickly rein in these rogue dealers, all the hard work done at factory is being diluted by these good for nothing dealers.
AtheK is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 18th April 2018, 19:22   #465
Distinguished - BHPian

TVS seems to be increasing the production of Apache, while it continues to work on niggles some of us early owners have reported. In what comes as no surprise, RR has outsold RC390 + Duke 390 combined in March. This with a wafer thin margin of dealers. I presume if TVS can keep up the production and waiting period hitting almost 6 months, we will continue to see this trend.

https://bikeadvice.in/apache-310-vs-rc390-sales/

Old aged and newly dressed CBR 250 has managed a decent number of 80.
AtheK is online now   (5) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks