Team-BHP > Motorbikes
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 1st May 2018, 00:48   #466
Team-BHP Support

Re: TVS Apache RR 310 launched at Rs. 2.05 lakh

An interesting little modification on the RR310 doing the rounds on whatsapp (and seems to have been picked up by sites like Motorbeam now) -

TVS Apache RR 310 launched at Rs. 2.05 lakh-img20180430wa0018.jpg

TVS Apache RR 310 launched at Rs. 2.05 lakh-img20180430wa0022.jpg
CrAzY dRiVeR is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st May 2018, 10:15   #467
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrAzY dRiVeR View Post
An interesting little modification on the RR310 doing the rounds on whatsapp (and seems to have been picked up by sites like Motorbeam now) -
]
Instead of spending on making a good looking bike into an ultimate wannabe poser bike, he could have spent on a remap/ exhaust or bought a better bike with the extra money. To be noted is that he also spent for the registration number to read 310!

Last edited by PrasannaDhana : 1st May 2018 at 10:22.
PrasannaDhana is online now   (4) Thanks
Old 1st May 2018, 18:46   #468
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:

While looks are subjective, I personally find the stock RR much better looking than what these guys have made it to look like. As Prasanna mentioned, they could have rather spend that money wisely.
swiftnfurious is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 2nd May 2018, 10:59   #469
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrasannaDhana View Post
he could have
Quote:
Originally Posted by swiftnfurious View Post
they could have
Sir, if we all were same then its no fun right.
Being different is what makes things interesting.

Another rationale says why to spend 2 Lakhs on such a bike when they could have wisely bought a Splendor and saved big for a lot of fuel supply.

I guess that's what made him happy doing such modifications, being happy is the key word here.

No offence meant to anyone, just shared my thoughts. Cheers.
The Great is offline   (12) Thanks
Old 2nd May 2018, 11:27   #470
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Great View Post
Sir, if we all were same then its no fun right.
Being different is what makes things interesting.

Another rationale says why to spend 2 Lakhs on such a bike when they could have wisely bought a Splendor and saved big for a lot of fuel supply.

I guess that's what made him happy doing such modifications, being happy is the key word here.

No offence meant to anyone, just shared my thoughts. Cheers.
Being unique is something different than trying too hard.

I never asked why he spent so much on a bike, but just why he spent on useless modifications that actually makes the bike looking worse.

It might have made him happy, But if it was done to a car, our very own teambhp members won't talk about "owner is happy about it". Rather they will find a way into wacky and weird modifications thread. Lol.

Anyways to each his own. It was my opinion that this modification is plain silly and wanna be.
PrasannaDhana is online now   (3) Thanks
Old 2nd May 2018, 12:31   #471
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
An interesting little modification ...
Ouch!!! That's indeed an eye-sore. Why would anyone want to kill the clean looks with stuff like this?

An apt candidate for the 'weird and whacky' thread But then its indeed a personal choice. We have seen M800s being modified to look like a SUV with spare wheel at the back and many such eye-sores , so this ain't any surprise.

Have a red one BTW in my apartment complex and it apparently belongs to a guy from TVS marketing team which was involved in the launch of this product.Had a small chat with him and asked him about the delivery crunch.

His take :

Well this is the initial euphoria(in demand), which will eventually wane out and if the production is ramped up just looking at this, later that would lead to surplus of stock or assembly line going unused.

Not entirely convincing but makes sense to some extent looking at long term perspective.
Old 2nd May 2018, 13:29   #472
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoumenD View Post
His take :

Well this is the initial euphoria(in demand), which will eventually wane out and if the production is ramped up just looking at this, later that would lead to surplus of stock or assembly line going unused.
Overly pessimistic response which says in a way that the product is not good enough to retain enthusiasm beyond the initial euphoria. Evem more surprising that it came from a TVS employee.

Anyways not really surprised as this is one area they seriously mess up with almost every launch.

Just curious - Can TVS sell the 310 Apache overseas? Or any restrictions from BMW on this?
Old 2nd May 2018, 14:18   #473
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Overly pessimistic response which says in a way that the product is not good enough to retain enthusiasm beyond the initial euphoria. Evem more surprising that it came from a TVS employee.
I would look at it in a different way. They are no Bajaj who dish out product after product in close intervals and after the initial euphoria ends up being average. TVS is excruciatingly slow in dishing out new products and I don't think they want to go wrong with it, hence the caution maybe.

I would give them the benefit of doubt hoping the RR310 turns out as reliable as my RTR160 turned out.
Quote:
Just curious - Can TVS sell the 310 Apache overseas? Or any restrictions from BMW on this?
Will ask if I get to meet him again. However I did enquire about the g310r launch to which he was kinda tight-lipped. Guess BMW cares more about the global presence and TVS is concentrating on India market. Maybe they don't want to have any kind of overlap right now. Not sure

Last edited by SoumenD : 2nd May 2018 at 14:29.
Old 2nd May 2018, 19:41   #474
BHPian

Quote:
I would look at it in a different way. They are no Bajaj who dish out product after product in close intervals and after the initial euphoria ends up being average. TVS is excruciatingly slow in dishing out new products and I don't think they want to go wrong with it, hence the caution maybe.

I would give them the benefit of doubt hoping the RR310 turns out as reliable as my RTR160 turned out.

Will ask if I get to meet him again. However I did enquire about the g310r launch to which he was kinda tight-lipped. Guess BMW cares more about the global presence and TVS is concentrating on India market. Maybe they don't want to have any kind of overlap right now. Not sure

A Sales guy to say a response like that is quite surprising. Production capacity should be irrelevant since the G310R, GS310 and 310RR are built on the same line. The whole point of a base frame and motor allows you to bolt on the specfic bits per bike variant (G310R gets different suspension than the other two and plastics and vice versa). That line is probably churning out more units for the global side and continuing to build the local variant.

We just got the 310GS here in the USA which probably were built around the same time the 310RR was being built. Thinking of lead times from India to USA for shipping the time where the 310RR would have been built for local sales, that capacity would have been probably relegated for the other bike variants.

A 310RR in the USA would be awesome (especially on the track) But many BMW dealerships have been taking low stock of the smaller bikes...probably not wanting to deal with a smaller product.
Old 2nd May 2018, 20:13   #475
Distinguished - BHPian

Let them first fix the chain sound, the bloody thing is irritating. They should be working on fixing niggles to make it a good bike. In addition the spares are bit hard to come, brake lever has a wait time of 8 days, all these things should be well stocked.
AtheK is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 2nd May 2018, 23:03   #476
BHPian

Quote:

His take :

The response from the Sales chap can be looked at in different ways. Is TVS not confident in their new product? Are they anticipating a wane and not a rise in bookings? Is there some issue they are unable to sort out and know it will come back to haunt them? Is the production line limited in some way that any ramping would lead to a loss? Pessimism can be referenced in many ways. Perhaps the chap should be asked more pointed and direct questions; maybe he will tell you the reality and reasoning behind this pessimism.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AtheK View Post
Let them first fix the chain sound, the bloody thing is irritating. They should be working on fixing niggles to make it a good bike. In addition the spares are bit hard to come, brake lever has a wait time of 8 days, all these things should be well stocked.
Sir sounds and niggles on TVS bikes are nothing new, as is their bloody inability to fix them! I can safely vouch for this seeing as I own two RTRs (oh but i bloody love them both!). If memory serves, when I had gone to see the bike, I did see that spare body panels were already shipped to the dealer but they had no clue even to the price of the mechanical bits and bobs as there was simply no information! Availability of parts has always been an issue with these buggers.
Old 2nd May 2018, 23:35   #477
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by N33raj View Post
The response from the Sales chap can be looked at in different ways. Is TVS not confident in their new product? Are they anticipating a wane and not a rise in bookings? Is there some issue they are unable to sort out and know it will come back to haunt them? Is the production line limited in some way that any ramping would lead to a loss? Pessimism can be referenced in many ways. Perhaps the chap should be asked more pointed and direct questions; maybe he will tell you the reality and reasoning behind this pessimism.

Sir sounds and niggles on TVS bikes are nothing new, as is their bloody inability to fix them! I can safely vouch for this seeing as I own two RTRs (oh but i bloody love them both!). If memory serves, when I had gone to see the bike, I did see that spare body panels were already shipped to the dealer but they had no clue even to the price of the mechanical bits and bobs as there was simply no information! Availability of parts has always been an issue with these buggers.
The only upside is that the service center advisor is in our whatsapp group, and he is a good helpful chap. The chain sound is being attributed to roller near stand, they have replaced some rollers and seems that has reduced the sound. I agree with you that TVS is going to struggle to fix this, and this should be a potential deal breaker for new buyers.

The fairing costs 4K, better to replace fairing after couple of years then to go for gimmicks like ceramic coating or likes.
AtheK is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th May 2018, 10:32   #478
BHPian

Was intrested in booking one for me. Went to Intermediate ring road TVS showroom for a test ride. I was told that the test ride is possible only in one showroom somewhere in Jayanagar, Bangalore. I dont understand, why they do this. Half of them turn down their proposal of buying one, only because they cannot feel the bike before buying it. They wait..wait..and till then some new bike enters the segment..its a loss. They should maintain atlest one in each showroom for display and test ride.

There was a recent new in internet that they have release the bike for Online Food Deliveries..people are furious that then there are waiting periods of more than 4 months, how can they book bikes (Yellow Board) for commercial organizations..
Old 11th May 2018, 10:47   #479
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sad:) View Post
There was a recent new in internet that they have release the bike for Online Food Deliveries..people are furious that then there are waiting periods of more than 4 months, how can they book bikes (Yellow Board) for commercial organizations..
I checked the "news" article that had images of the bike being used for online food deliveries and Im puzzled by your post. I have a few questions

1. Does anyone know when that particular bike was booked? For all I know, the particular firm might have been the first one to book the bike in Bangalore and hence would have got delivery of the bike earlier. I havent heard of any rule that a booking by a commercial establishment that is going to register a vehicle with a black and yellow board has to go to the back of waiting list and individual buyers with regular registration get priority!

2. If the bike is a rental, as the "news" claims it to be, could a food delivery executive not have booked a rental if his own bike was in the SVC?

3. Irrespective of whether, it is a rental or not, does it matter if the bike is used to food deliveries or dropping kids to school or going to the post office?

Im not sure if I am missing something here!
neil.jericho is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 12th May 2018, 15:31   #480
Distinguished - BHPian

Is this some kind of a joke? Chain sprocket 15000 rupees! God bless TVS.

https://www.rushlane.com/tvs-apache-...-12269690.html

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks