Team-BHP > Motorbikes
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 13th January 2018, 14:26   #271
Senior - BHPian

Re: TVS Apache RR 310 launched at Rs. 2.05 lakh

Quote:
Originally Posted by AtheK View Post
Apache has hit all the right chords, but they are again slipping on the most important aspect, getting the bike out to customers.
Hi, any idea if display bike has reached Prakurti TVS, Hebbal?
Old 13th January 2018, 14:46   #272
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by finneyp View Post
Hi, any idea if display bike has reached Prakurti TVS, Hebbal?
Hi, no not yet, they are expecting this weekend. I guess ended up booking at the wrong dealer, he has no idea at all about anything. Every week it's the same, sir next weekend.
AtheK is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 13th January 2018, 15:18   #273
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Hi, no not yet, they are expecting this weekend. I guess ended up booking at the wrong dealer, he has no idea at all about anything. Every week it's the same, sir next weekend.
Oops, And Prakurthi is one of the select dealers for RR310 Surprised that an experienced Bike company is messing up a good product!
Old 14th January 2018, 13:19   #274
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Oops, And Prakurthi is one of the select dealers for RR310 Surprised that an experienced Bike company is messing up a good product!
Just got a call from them, display vehicle in both colors have arrived. Will go take a look tomorrow.
AtheK is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 14th January 2018, 13:28   #275
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cartik5477 View Post

Again as a customer, I just want clarity and not keep me in the dark about everything, and there's no point in calling the dealer again and again.
Quote:
Quote:
I think no dealers have clear idea because TVS themselves isn't clear. I was told delivery first week, now it's third week of Jan. By now I know the drill. If I call them next week, they will tell 4th week.

I think I'll just wait for them to call me or wait for some customers in other cities to start getting their bikes first.
stanjohn123 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th January 2018, 17:42   #276
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by stanjohn123 View Post
I think no dealers have clear idea because TVS themselves isn't clear. I was told delivery first week, now it's third week of Jan. By now I know the drill. If I call them next week, they will tell 4th week.

I think I'll just wait for them to call me or wait for some customers in other cities to start getting their bikes first.
Seems like deliveries have started.

Last edited by AtheK : 14th January 2018 at 17:43.
Old 14th January 2018, 23:02   #277
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Seems like deliveries have started.
No, those are not deliveries. just test ride videos.
stanjohn123 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th January 2018, 23:29   #278
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nikhn View Post
Thank you for the detailed observations. And I thought it would have been a one off case with the bike I saw.
Like I said earlier, a plastic covering for the ignition cylinder would have at least made it look neat. You seem to echo my observations.
I do really like the alloy wheels. Most of the bikes in the market nowadays have hollow hubs to save weight.
The ABS sensor is different just to make it easier to clean. ...competition offers better for lesser price I don't see why I shouldn't be nitpicking.
Thank you nikhn. Why should i not nitpick? Money does not grow on trees and its not a small amount they are asking for a bike that is simply A2 class material.
Quote:
Originally Posted by audioholic View Post
Superbly detailed review. Loved your attention to detail and the eye for the minute stuff.
Thank you audioholic.

Quote:
From your picture of the insides of the headlight assembly, it is stated that the Low beam is rated at 15.5w while the high beam is at 31W. As you correctly said, it is an array of SMD LED of which half is used for the low beam and the rest for high beam. Not sure if it is 31W watts for both left and right or per side. If it is the latter, then it is going to be a superb setup.
As i had suspected, they are not that great. Will explain post this.
Quote:
But that text on the headlight assembly is so crude it looks like a pre-production piece. Hope this is for the first lot only.
I hope so too. Let us see.
Quote:
Originally Posted by CrAzY dRiVeR View Post
Brilliant post buddy. Thanks for taking the time to note down such detailed observations. These are the kind of posts that really bring out the value of Team-bhp.
Thank you CrAzY dRiVeR. I have been a guest user of TBHP for some years now. I suppose it is time to give something back.

Quote:
Thats bad attention to detail. Looks like the aftereffect of parts sharing with some other cheaper bikes in the stable.
Well we can't always expect the moon now can we?

Quote:
Even Powerdrift (and I think OD?) said gearshifts where clunky in the new bikes but settled down well later on. So we can give TVS the benefit of the doubt?

Size 12 shoes are rather rare too.
Benefit of doubt can be given i suppose. Yes size 12 is rather rare. Still they should have thought of this. My friend wears size 14 what about him?

Quote:
Is that a radiator guard displayed in the first picture. Good if everything is placed underneath the guard.
Yes it is a radiator guard of sorts. Do have a look at the bike in person and you will know why i said "of sorts".

Quote:
Now that is something hidden by the media folks which all mentioned impeccable attention to detail.
I wonder how heavy those 30 pieces of silver felt when handed over. Heehee.

Quote:
Which bike does better than the Dominar when it comes to stock lighting setup? Agree regarding the Duke LEDs though. Surprisingly bad compared to the Bajaj.
Yes i agree. I wanted to buy the Duke 390 but the lights were the deal breaker. I travel on average 35km one way on highway roads to places near my city and coming back is invariably at night. The D390 HLs are not enough and i will have to install aux lights. The Dominar ones are better though but i will prefer HID 4300K any day.
Quote:
Great pics buddy and a lot of attention to detail. If we add a drive experience to these pics, we have pretty much a full review available.
Thank you AtheK.
Quote:
I guess the bike with the scribble (Was it black or red), might be the test drive vehicle and not to be sold to the customer.
It was the red one and it is not a TD vehicle.
Quote:
I am worried about the misalignment/gaps of some panels and the paint job on some contact points. It's giving me second thought of picking the bike from first lot, as you mentioned.
Yes. I own 2 RTRs and i would say wait it out for a bit. No first lot.
Quote:
Dominar or the other Versys in the group (With Cyclops and added aux).
Cyclops. The beast of legend? I guess not. What is it?
Quote:
Coming back to the RR310 - a BHP'ian friend got a chance to check it out at night and was very much impressed.
I hate to throw cold water but the lights are only as good or as bad as you make out. The low beam is good but with sharp cut off and high foreground light, i had difficulty seeing beyond the light spill area which i don't like. The high beam is utterly useless if you ask me.
TVS Apache RR 310 launched at Rs. 2.05 lakh-low-beam.jpg
Low beam.
TVS Apache RR 310 launched at Rs. 2.05 lakh-high-beam.jpg
High beam.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bhatman510 View Post
More like the supplier. Tsk tsk on the production line support.
You said it. I have nothing more to say.

Quote:
Originally Posted by stanjohn123 View Post
I'm honestly a bit worried after reading about these funny quality issues and also me being in the first slot :-(. Should have booked a bit later.
Like i said in my closing words, let a few lots go by. I m speaking from experience of owning 2 RTRs. My EFi was 2nd lot and my 180 is 7th lot. Both are from my favourite place Ashwa TVS in Bangalore.
Quote:
Autocarindia declares Apache 310 as the bike of the year, ahead of duke 390.
Good job TVS, but the paramount questions still remains, where is the bike for mango man.
Quote:
Originally Posted by dre@ms View Post
How can the bike be declared a winner when it is still not available for the public to test and certify
Quote:
Good question, but i guess the award was bestowed by the jury, who spent some quality time with the bike, video of the same is on YT.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cartik5477 View Post
What's the point of awards and all the talk when the most important part of selling the bikes to the customer is not as what it seems to be a priority?
Frustration is forcing me to look for other options.
..as a customer, I just want clarity and not keep me in the dark about everything,
Perhaps they want the awards first; that way they can go and harp as to how great their bike is to a customer who is patient enough to wait for it.

I was procrastinating and on Youtube i came across a video by someone who had organised a drag race between D250, RTR200, FZ25 and a Bajaj (i forgot which one). The end result? D250 won, followed by FZ25, then Bajaj and lastly RTR200. Why do i get a premonition that the same thing will happen?
I hope those jury blokes have done proper testing and deliberations before reaching to a conclusion. Else my fallback theory of the silver stands.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Klub Class View Post
My friend walked into Century TVS, Pune. They've no bikes available for test ride.
Why am i not surprised? Please be patient as TVS is not known for being quick.
Quote:
Just got a call from them, display vehicle in both colors have arrived. Will go take a look tomorrow.
Please do and let us all know your observations, opinions and conclusions.
N33raj is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th January 2018, 05:55   #279
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Any luck mate? Eagerly waiting for TDs in Bangalore!
Old 15th January 2018, 08:48   #280
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by N33raj View Post
Cyclops. The beast of legend? I guess not. What is it?

I hate to throw cold water but the lights are only as good or as bad as you make out. The low beam is good but with sharp cut off and high foreground light, i had difficulty seeing beyond the light spill area which i don't like. The high beam is utterly useless if you ask me.
Cyclops -

They make aftermarket LED lamps, like this one I mentioned.

https://www.bikenbiker.com/collectio...dlight-cyclops

Getting upgraded bulbs for the 310 might not be possible though. And added extra aux lights might ruin the design. May be small round ones can be added like some Ninja users do.
CrAzY dRiVeR is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 15th January 2018, 09:19   #281
BHPian

Quote:

I was procrastinating and on Youtube i came across a video by someone who had organised a drag race between D250, RTR200, FZ25 and a Bajaj (i forgot which one). The end result? D250 won, followed by FZ25, then Bajaj and lastly RTR200. Why do i get a premonition that the same thing will happen?
I hope those jury blokes have done proper testing and deliberations before reaching to a conclusion. Else my fallback theory of the silver stands.
I've seen that video too. It was NS200. But i hope RTR310 will not have similar fate.
Old 15th January 2018, 09:23   #282
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2000rpm View Post
Any luck mate? Eagerly waiting for TDs in Bangalore!
TDs won't happen this week, bike has to go through RTO formalities. My guess will be hopefully next week.
Old 15th January 2018, 10:49   #283
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neeraj1903 View Post
I've seen that video too. It was NS200. But i hope RTR310 will not have similar fate.
Sadly that is how TVS have stacked so far in all the previous segments (160,180,200).

And it may be slightly ahead of dominar in a drag race owning to 10 kg lighter weight and better aerodynamics. Maybe!

But will it be as fast as a Ninja 300/Benelli 302? That would be the big question.

And regarding test rides, make sure you get a long one.

Last edited by PrasannaDhana : 15th January 2018 at 10:52.
PrasannaDhana is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th January 2018, 11:05   #284
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
The alignment seems be in such that cut off seems to be very low. The one I got a chance to see had much higher. Seems this is a requirement in the PDI to have this checked. Bring the rains, these lights will be glamorous without being of much use.
nkrishnap is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 15th January 2018, 11:25   #285
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrasannaDhana View Post
Sadly that is how TVS have stacked so far in all the previous segments (160,180,200).

And it may be slightly ahead of dominar in a drag race owning to 10 kg lighter weight and better aerodynamics. Maybe!

But will it be as fast as a Ninja 300/Benelli 302? That would be the big question.

And regarding test rides, make sure you get a long one.
Totally agree with you sir. BMW engine should make some difference imo. That will be known only when deliveries start which is taking a longggg time
Neeraj1903 is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks