Team-BHP > Motorbikes

Search this Thread
Old 9th December 2017, 11:25   #91
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: TVS Apache RR 310 launched at Rs. 2.05 lakh

Rushlane has an article confirming where the bookings are being taken, very disjointed effort from TVS. The manufacturer and dealer are not in sync at all, and customer is the one lost in this mis communication.

Very vague statement for Bangalore bookings, but has some headsup in another states with specific dealers.

Link: https://www.rushlane.com/tvs-apache-...-12258017.html

Last edited by AtheK : 9th December 2017 at 11:31.
AtheK is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 9th December 2017, 12:06   #92
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrAzY dRiVeR View Post
Here is my few paise worth -

Reverse inclination of the engine - This was actually shown first on the 310GS and hence must be the brains of the BMW engineers.
Yes. You are right. The engineering is 100% by BMW Motorrad. This was made clear by none other than BMW Motorrad CEO Stephan Schaller.

https://ultimatemotorcycling.com/201...he-curtain-qa/
Attached Thumbnails
TVS Apache RR 310 launched at Rs. 2.05 lakh-fullscreen-capture-12917-120530.jpg  

Old 9th December 2017, 12:11   #93
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by VinodDevil81 View Post
The decals on the sides say "35 years of TVS racing", but still it is ironic that they needed the help of BMW to come up with a small single cylinder 300cc engine, with all that racing heritage of these many years!
And that too without slipper-clutch & ride-by-wire, when the competiton is already offering it in their products.
Can't figure out why they couldn't manage to incorporate those features, even with BMW's assistance.
Even I am breaking my head with this. Why would TVS suddenly start saying that they have racing heritage. This racing heritage tagline suddenly came in focus when they showed the Akula concept.

I am not sure what racing heritage they are talking about. In fact, there are many who still don't know that there is a Apache 200 on sale. So them making a claim of being a company focusing on racing, is pure marketing BS.

Just that they have a product now, thanks to BMW.

mayanksabharwal is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th December 2017, 13:40   #94
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AtheK View Post
Any idea if any bangalore dealer is taking bookings, I will probably book one in red and get it done with.
Go ahead. I feel TVS is doing a silly job of not launching this thing everywhere and shouting from the rooftops about it cause this definitely seems like a winner in the 300cc class. I would still not trade my RC390 for this because I simply love the aggressive and sharp nature of my bike, BUT honestly I would love to have this as a second bike in my garage, apart from its seemingly flickable nature and linear power delivery and comfortable suspension and ergonomics, the damn thing looks like the child of a panigale and a daytona. I want it that bad I'm glad you were able to wait so long for it.

Last edited by IshaanIan : 9th December 2017 at 13:50.
IshaanIan is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 9th December 2017, 14:00   #95
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by IshaanIan View Post
Go ahead. I feel TVS is doing a silly job of not launching this thing everywhere and shouting from the rooftops about it cause this definitely seems like a winner in the 300cc class. I would still not trade my RC390 for this because I simply love the aggressive and sharp nature of my bike, BUT honestly I would love to have this as a second bike in my garage, apart from its seemingly flickable nature and linear power delivery and comfortable suspension and ergonomics, the damn thing looks like the child of a panigale and a daytona. I want it that bad I'm glad you were able to wait so long for it.
I would, if only TVS can tell me where exactly are they selling this in Bangalore, or atleast taking booking. I called Tristar and Arunagiri TVS both say call back in Jan.

My only Confusion is between this and the N400, now that i have waited this long maybe i will wait a bit more and pick a N400. Other option is let the first batch get sold out of about 250 motorcycles, and then go with the second batch, which might remove some of the initial niggles reported.
Old 9th December 2017, 14:28   #96
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I would, if only TVS can tell me where exactly are they selling this in Bangalore, or atleast taking booking. I called Tristar and Arunagiri TVS both say call back in Jan.
TVS has released a list, here are the claimed dealerships in Bangalore:
Prakruthi Branch - Hebbal
Solar Motors - Mysore Road
Bharath Automobile - Jayanagar - Contact K.C.Harendran 9845029356
Ashwa Motors - Banashankari - Contact Mr. Balachandra 9845043362

Claimed deliveries begin in 15 days to 1 month. Knowing TVS I'd say 1 month. If you're intent on booking, try contacting these places.

Quote:
My only Confusion is between this and the N400, now that i have waited this long maybe i will wait a bit more and pick a N400. Other option is let the first batch get sold out of about 250 motorcycles, and then go with the second batch, which might remove some of the initial niggles reported.
After waiting so long, I'm not sure how you can wait more. The N400 seems like a last effort by Kawasaki to remain relevant in this segment. Apart from the bigger motor, redline is lower than the N300, still comes with box section swingarm and conventional telescopic forks, diamond frame chassis, still extremely low seat sport touring ergonomics with a long wheelbase so you can bid corner carving goodbye. Moreover paying around twice the price for it?

Just simply buy the bike and give me a call, it is perfect weather for a ride

Last edited by IshaanIan : 9th December 2017 at 14:30.
IshaanIan is online now   (3) Thanks
Old 9th December 2017, 14:53   #97
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by swiftnfurious View Post
I read that the payload is 130 kg, which means that the rider & pillion combined should be 130 kgs??

What'll happen if it goes to a 150kg?
This is the same question which I have. What happens when I weigh 80kgs and my pillion is of the same weight.

If it's true that this bike has a maximum pay load of 130kgs, it's pretty useless to buy this bike. Pay load is extremely less or am I missing something??

Can someone enlighten me on this??
tanuj_afc is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th December 2017, 15:15   #98
Senior - BHPian

TVS was a pioneer in the Indian racing scene. TEAM TVS was really popular back then, (I think in the 80s and 90s). The Fiero had racing genes. I know cos my uncle Harish used to race for them, till it got disbanded.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mayanksabharwal View Post
Even I am breaking my head with this. Why would TVS suddenly start saying that they have racing heritage.
Sebring is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 9th December 2017, 15:56   #99
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by IshaanIan View Post
TVS has released a list, here are the claimed dealerships in Bangalore:
Prakruthi Branch - Hebbal
Solar Motors - Mysore Road
Bharath Automobile - Jayanagar - Contact K.C.Harendran 9845029356
Ashwa Motors - Banashankari - Contact Mr. Balachandra 9845043362

Claimed deliveries begin in 15 days to 1 month. Knowing TVS I'd say 1 month. If you're intent on booking, try contacting these places.

After waiting so long, I'm not sure how you can wait more. The N400 seems like a last effort by Kawasaki to remain relevant in this segment. Apart from the bigger motor, redline is lower than the N300, still comes with box section swingarm and conventional telescopic forks, diamond frame chassis, still extremely low seat sport touring ergonomics with a long wheelbase so you can bid corner carving goodbye. Moreover paying around twice the price for it?

Just simply buy the bike and give me a call, it is perfect weather for a ride
So I called Bharath mobile, person gave me the sales person number @9538887031.

He said bookings open next week at 10k, deliveries to start in 45 days. Perfect weather of our ride will turn pretty hot by then

Regarding refund in case you don't like the bike after test drive, they will refund after deducting GST.
AtheK is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 9th December 2017, 16:20   #100
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by tanuj_afc View Post
This is the same question which I have. What happens when I weigh 80kgs and my pillion is of the same weight.

If it's true that this bike has a maximum pay load of 130kgs, it's pretty useless to buy this bike. Pay load is extremely less or am I missing something??

Can someone enlighten me on this??
Most bikes in this segment have a similar payload. Nothing much happens, except for decline in performance of acceleration, braking, etc.
mayanksabharwal is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 9th December 2017, 19:00   #101
Distinguished - BHPian

Design video

If only they can the bike out as quickly, as quickly they are releasing the videos

Last edited by AtheK : 9th December 2017 at 19:02.
AtheK is online now   (4) Thanks
Old 9th December 2017, 19:29   #102
BHPian

Guessing that the pillion seat will be a deal breaker for guys with families. It is unusable unless your better half is a supermodel... Also no grab handles!

I hope they come out with a S version like the R15 at some later date.
sprocket is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th December 2017, 20:13   #103
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sprocket View Post
Guessing that the pillion seat will be a deal breaker for guys with families. It is unusable unless your better half is a supermodel... Also no grab handles!

I hope they come out with a S version like the R15 at some later date.
Highly unlikely!

R15, RC390 & RR310 are designed so that pillion comfort comes last. The priorities are performance and handling.

If one has to take pillion most of the times, definitely Ninja 300 and Benelli 302R are the only options if you dont mind spending money.

On a budget, best pillion friendly, fast bike will be Dominar 400.
PrasannaDhana is online now   (4) Thanks
Old 9th December 2017, 23:25   #104
BHPian

Quote:
Yes. You are right. The engineering is 100% by BMW Motorrad. This was made clear by none other than BMW Motorrad CEO Stephan Schaller.

https://ultimatemotorcycling.com/201...he-curtain-qa/
Quote:
Even I am breaking my head with this. Why would TVS suddenly start saying that they have racing heritage. This racing heritage tagline suddenly came in focus when they showed the Akula concept.

I am not sure what racing heritage they are talking about. In fact, there are many who still don't know that there is a Apache 200 on sale. So them making a claim of being a company focusing on racing, is pure marketing BS.

Just that they have a product now, thanks to BMW.

To underestimate TVS's contribution in this engineering would be quite sad. I see BMW's statement more for the g310 r while TVS has definitely worked on the RR310. In fact there was one article probably from Shumi (Overdrive) that talked about how different the testing scenarios for both the bikes were. one of them logged more miles while the other went thru more stress cycles. While I definitely agree that BMW engineering is the bedrock of this product's powertrain, TVS has worked on it for their use.

Coming to the racing heritage- sorry to be blunt, but i cant think of any other manufacturer who has been so involved in the Indian motorsports like TVS. Right from their mopeds at sholavaram to their presence in Dakar we know that TVS has been committed to Indian motorsports. And this is not just buying their marketing and PR - sure we know their Dakar presence is thanks to Sherco, but we need to account for their rtr series, or all their rally bikes that have rallied everywhere from cochin, coimbatore, chikmagalur, nasik, rajasthan. That is the heritage that they are talking about. And I think they are very well entitled to brag about that.
sai_ace is offline   (15) Thanks
Old 10th December 2017, 07:28   #105
Senior - BHPian

The bike is amazing. But agree TVS is using the racing heritage tag line a bit too much. Also, all the bike marketing material shows the bike in its comfort zone (the race track) and not the real world.

Also on a related note, I think they have purposely held back the test drives and on road reviews so that they can control the media to position this as a race bike only.

I don't think TVS wants numbers from this bike. I think the objective with this bike is
1. Position TVS a racing bike manufacturer
2. Have a rub off effect on upcoming bikes.

Would anyone have a list of their products in pipeline. Will be interesting to to check the hypothesis.
2000rpm is offline   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed