Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 14th March 2022, 18:42   #376
Senior - BHPian

Re: Yamaha Aerox 155 Scooter. Edit: Launched at 1.29 lakhs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sebring View Post
I have a fabricator friend who helped me get a good crash guard designed, and fitted some superb lights on it. What do you guys think!
Gives a zombie apocalypse ready look to it! Good or bad, I can't decide but it's unique surely. Only thing I'll change is move those aux lamps to above headlamps.
amol4184 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th March 2022, 20:56   #377
BHPian

Quote:
The HJG lights are a new launch and adeshwar guys offered me this since I know them from sometime (Opposite Urvashi Theatre). They do the installation as well.
Thank you for the information. I have already ordered the HJG lights online, so it may not be appropriate to approach Adeshwar to only perform the installation (unless in your opinion they can be approached for only installation). About the installation, needed some additional information. Did this require a relay/harness to reduce load on the battery? Was it installed as plug and play, meaning directly to the battery terminals without splicing of wires, or was it attached to the headlights wiring so that these will turn on only if the ignition is on. Was a separate switch installed to control these lights? Any additional information will help me in getting this lights correctly installed without any damage to the warranty. Thank you.
Old 14th March 2022, 22:19   #378
Senior - BHPian

Well, if you dont buy the lights from them they may not install. You can request and check (Since mine was the first Aerox they have opened up, its easy for them). There is another place. If you go to Bike N biker, Wilson Garden - beneath that, is a garage and they will help. Accessing the battery compartment from the front is not easy. The mid part needs to be dismantled, and wiring pulled all the way. They might take a line out from the ignition but I wanted a parallel line from battery without touching any of the electricals. Relay is part of the installation kit, so you don't buy it separately. A water proof switch is included in the box, use it. The light switches on only when this switch is pressed. And ensure engine is on. Sorry, I'm traveling else could have sent you a pic of the switch.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paraag View Post
About the installation, needed some additional information. Did this require a relay/harness to reduce load on the battery? Was it installed as plug and play, meaning directly to the battery terminals without splicing of wires, or was it attached to the headlights wiring so that these will turn on only if the ignition is on. Was a separate switch installed to control these lights
Sebring is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th March 2022, 07:32   #379
BHPian

Quote:
The fabricator is a friend of mine from the UAE who was visiting me in Bengaluru, (he works on Polaris offroad vehicles there). Unfortunately he doesn't do outside work, and did this as a favour. The front fog lights can be easily fixed to the front fork bolts and the illumination was quite good when I checked. The HJG lights are a new launch and adeshwar guys offered me this since I know them from sometime (Opposite Urvashi Theatre). They do the installation as well. Regarding luggage, I have spoken with Bike N biker for the Givi unit. Should arrive in 40 days.
Take the 40 days timeline with a pinch of salt. From what i know there is a huge backorder at the Malaysia plant and they currently are not manufacturing these. So should take some more time. Also be ready to pick one of instantly since only 10 pieces are coming in and there is a big demand from Kerala.
HYPERTOURER is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th March 2022, 21:39   #380
BHPian

Quote:
. If you go to Bike N biker, Wilson Garden - beneath that, is a garage and they will help.

They might take a line out from the ignition but I wanted a parallel line from battery without touching any of the electricals. Relay is part of the installation kit

Sorry, I'm traveling else could have sent you a pic of the switch.
Thank you for your inputs, Sebring. Will keep these in mind when getting the lights installed, and will also give Bike N Biker a try to see if they can help. No worries about the pics. Hoping to see them later once you are able to post. A query though: If the line is pulled in parallel from the battery without routing through the ignition system, then even though the vehicle is switched off, the lights can be turn on and the battery can get drained? Someone might do it on a parked vehicle. Am I missing something about the wiring circuit? Thank you
Old 17th March 2022, 21:46   #381
Senior - BHPian

Connected like this. You start ignition and can use the fogs. Plz avoid DIY Make sure a professional does it
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paraag View Post
even though the vehicle is switched off, the lights can be turn on and the battery can get drained?
Name:  Screen Shot 20220317 at 9.43.32 PM.png
Views: 1209
Size:  476.9 KB

Mod Note: BHPian CrAzY dRiVeR's Yamaha Aerox 155 Ownership Review has been taken live at this link. Please continue the discussion over on the new thread. Thanks!

Last edited by Aditya : 21st March 2022 at 10:12.
Sebring is offline   (2) Thanks
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks