Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 25th December 2021, 03:27   #301
Senior - BHPian

Re: Yamaha Aerox 155 Scooter. Edit: Launched at 1.29 lakhs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyborg View Post
It’s a powerful automatic scooter with large wheels which handles like a motorcycle but without the bother of changing gears - primary reason for most people. Many will be in love with the overall looks and the fat rear tyre too. I leave it to the owners to comment further

I was quite enchanted with it, lost interest along the way

Cheers
Yeah, I forgot about the automatic bit. Thanks!

Maybe protection of the pants and shoes from the elements too in the rains with the road muck

I've ridden a maxi scooter. It handles nothing like a bike to be honest. For one. You cannot use your knees and inner thigh. It's completely different and sounds more like someone not wanting the rough and tumble of a bike but wanting to feel like he's riding an almost-bike.

Cheers, Doc
ebonho is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 25th December 2021, 06:32   #302
BHPian

I was able to take the Aerox for a longish ride to Kolar yesterday. Since it’s got less than 200 km, was gentle, sticking to speeds of 60-80 with occasional bursts to 100 a couple of times. The hard suspension which was such a bother on the broken roads of Bengaluru was sublime on the smooth highway. At our end point, the jacket and gloves disappeared into the cavernous under seat compartment with ease. I’d brought along a cable lock to mount my helmet but unfortunately there is nowhere on the bike, sorry scooter where I can mount it.

I haven’t ridden scooters over such long distances. My impression is that a 150 km ride on most scooters will not be very pleasant. However, on this one, I did not feel any tiredness or sore backside at all.
jaganm is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 25th December 2021, 06:39   #303
BHPian

I’m still struggling to slot in the exact use case for this between the bikes that I own, the Versys 650, Highness, this and the Ather. A rudimentary approach that I’ve come up with

Versys - super long trips with 500-600 km days, open highways
Highness - the go to bike for all trips
Aerox - shorter day/breakfast rides, or rides with my kids as my daughter can also ride this, city bike for the distant parts
Ather - local runaround, used by my daughter primarily
jaganm is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 3rd January 2022, 17:55   #304
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by agbenny View Post
But if the piece of plastic is broken, we are in trouble.
It is my understanding that this is provided in all scooters; at least my Jupiter 110 cc had it too. The purpose is to hang a helmet using the strap loop and close the seat over it so that the helmet is secured while the vehicle is parked. If a helmet can be hung, it would easily take the weight of a couple of milk packets or a kilogram of vegetables on either side without fear of it breaking.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaganm View Post
The hard suspension which was such a bother on the broken roads of Bengaluru was sublime on the smooth highway.
Totally agree with this and also that long rides on the Aerox are not tiring at all. I am thinking can easily take this on trips of above 300 or 400 km, and my plan is to drive this to Bombay.

Something I discovered about the bane of the stiff suspension that everybody is writing about, quite serendipitously. After the first service, the jerks that I was feeling over broken patches had lessened considerably. Prior to that I was feeling that air was leaking regularly as tire pressures had decreased by about 5 psi over the course of a week. I thought that the lower pressure was providing a cushioning effect, so got the pressure checked. On the contrary, the rear tire pressure was 40 psi So I got the pressure to the manufacturer recommended level of 29/33 psi and took it for a ride, and could again feel the stiff suspension effect. It seems that somehow the higher tire pressure is providing better cushioning. The only reason I can think of is that the sidewall of the tires is not as rigid and is bending a bit too much when going over speed breakers and bad patches, and somehow the higher tire pressure is preventing that. So I again have gotten the tires inflated to 34 psi for the front and 40 psi for the rear. Even the handling/grip appeared better with the higher pressures, again it seems the reduction of the excessive sidewall flex at play? Will keep on playing with this a bit to find the ideal combination for my weight (about 82 kg).

Would love it if others can also try this and share their experience. It is sort of like adjusting the preload for the suspension or is it afterload? I am not very educated about this. If this works, it would eliminate the need to go for the KYB shocks that Yamaha is eager to sell.
Paraag is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd January 2022, 18:57   #305
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paraag View Post
Would love it if others can also try this and share their experience. It is sort of like adjusting the preload for the suspension or is it afterload? I am not very educated about this. If this works, it would eliminate the need to go for the KYB shocks that Yamaha is eager to sell.
Do the Aerox shocks have a preload adjustment? No clear pictures of the bottom of the suspension.

If it has the notch type adjustment, I would have recommended to try the middle setting.

Cheers

Ride Safe
Old 3rd January 2022, 19:08   #306
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gthang View Post
Do the Aerox shocks have a preload adjustment?
Unfortunately, the default shocks do not have any adjustment. Yamaha sells the KYB shocks as an accessory - they have 3 levels of adjustment.

What I meant to say was that changing the pressure in the tires would sort of work as an adjustment to the level of stiffness that everyone has been writing about - without tinkering with the default shocks in any way.
Old 4th January 2022, 10:00   #307
BANNED

What really icks me the most is this stingy miniscule cost-cutting measures Yamaha usually takes by making the back brake drum and skipping the ABS there. I doubt adding a small disc behind+the ABS leading to an increment of a few k's in the overall price would make this bike unaffordable, considering its already premium pricing.
Old 6th January 2022, 18:44   #308
BHPian

Not surprisingly, Yamaha India decided to increase the ex-showroom price by Rs. 2000. Following the latest price hike, Aerox 155 now starts from ₹1,30,500 for the Monster Energy Edition, while the Metallic Black and Grey Vermillion paint schemes now cost ₹1,31,000, both prices are (ex-showroom).

I reckon more price increases will follow as this one gets more popular

Source: HTAuto

Last edited by camitesh : 6th January 2022 at 18:48. Reason: Improved readability
Old 6th January 2022, 19:30   #309
Team-BHP Support

Are these stickers on the Monster Edition removable?

Especially the smaller ones towards the sides?
Old 6th January 2022, 19:35   #310
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrAzY dRiVeR View Post
Are these stickers on the Monster Edition removable?

Especially the smaller ones towards the sides?

Yes they're removable. I'm planning to remove it.
Vivek_ACM is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th January 2022, 19:36   #311

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sebring View Post
Well I made the first booking for the Monster Energy Model at Laxmi Yamaha, Bannerghatta Road. I have all the details from the Yamaha. The KYB Ultimate Series shocks that I have ordered is going to cost Rs. 10,724. I've also asked for LED flashers costing Rs 1490
Hello Sebring , I visited Chandan Motors Bangalore today and enquired the KYB shocks its 17 k plus taxes.

Did you got your Shocks installed ?
How much did you pay ?
How is the performance ?
Old 6th January 2022, 20:46   #312
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by camitesh View Post
Not surprisingly, Yamaha India decided to increase the ex-showroom price by Rs. 2000. Following the latest price hike, Aerox 155 now starts from ₹1,30,500 for the Monster Energy Edition, while the Metallic Black and Grey Vermillion paint schemes now cost ₹1,31,000, both prices are (ex-showroom).

I reckon more price increases will follow as this one gets more popular

Source: HTAuto
Is Aerox manufactured locally or still CKU one????
Old 6th January 2022, 23:58   #313
Senior - BHPian

I'm not sure if I need the KYB, since I'll be saddled with the existing shocks as well. Let me think about this one
Quote:
Originally Posted by sandeepskarobar View Post
Hello Sebring , I visited Chandan Motors Bangalore today and enquired the KYB shocks its 17 k plus taxes
Old 9th January 2022, 16:24   #314
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paraag View Post

Something I discovered about the bane of the stiff suspension that everybody is writing about, quite serendipitously. After the first service, the jerks that I was feeling over broken patches had lessened considerably. Prior to that I was feeling that air was leaking regularly as tire pressures had decreased by about 5 psi over the course of a week. I thought that the lower pressure was providing a cushioning effect, so got the pressure checked. On the contrary, the rear tire pressure was 40 psi So I got the pressure to the manufacturer recommended level of 29/33 psi and took it for a ride, and could again feel the stiff suspension effect. It seems that somehow the higher tire pressure is providing better cushioning. The only reason I can think of is that the sidewall of the tires is not as rigid and is bending a bit too much when going over speed breakers and bad patches, and somehow the higher tire pressure is preventing that. So I again have gotten the tires inflated to 34 psi for the front and 40 psi for the rear. Even the handling/grip appeared better with the higher pressures, again it seems the reduction of the excessive sidewall flex at play? Will keep on playing with this a bit to find the ideal combination for my weight (about 82 kg).

I will try to increase the pressure and check it out. Normally, a higher pressure is associated with lower grip and better fuel economy so that may be an additional bonus
Old 15th January 2022, 02:26   #315
BHPian

Any dealers in South Bangalore who is offering a test drive vehicle? I am tired of searching from past 2 months...
Planning to book one but my better half wants to ride it once before I book as she would also be using it occasionally.

Last edited by vijay_k : 15th January 2022 at 02:31.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks