Team-BHP > Motorbikes
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 5th October 2021, 21:04   #151
Senior - BHPian

Re: Yamaha Aerox 155 Scooter. Edit: Launched at 1.29 lakhs

Great review of the Yamaha Aerox 155. I have been looking for a better scooter than my current Jupiter (used basically by wife). Whenever I drive it, I never find it comfortable at all, with its narrow tyres, narrow and tapering footboard and somewhat grabby brakes. My questions to you are the following:

1) How does the seating comfort feel like with that prominent kink for the lower back? I basically dont like that sloping seat in most of the scooters.
2) In the same vein, how is the handlebar geometry ? Is it comfortable , upright or "sporty" ?
3) With that ridge running thru the frame for fuel tank, does it feel more like a motorcycle whereby one can grip the ridge with our thighs (somewhat like a bike) ?

Last edited by fhdowntheline : 5th October 2021 at 21:06.
Old 5th October 2021, 21:52   #152
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sebring View Post
When we were growing up there were two bikes on opposite side of the spectrum, the Yamaha RX100 and the Honda CD100
Ah RX100, happy memories with that, owned and extensively used three of them over a period of time. First one in 1987, bought by my Dad for INR 17,100 on road Bombay. Yes, no typo, 17,100 on road. Never checked the fuel consumption ever, pound for pound it was as much or more fun than the RD 350 which I enjoyed tremendously as well

Coming to the new supermodel from Yamaha after a long time of boring launches, don’t understand why Yamaha is giving Bombay step motherly treatment. As per the Yamaha representative it will still take 10 days for even a display scooter to be available at dealerships.

Cheers
Cyborg is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 5th October 2021, 22:34   #153
Senior - BHPian

Thanks. The seating comfort is akin to sitting on a chair, upright, with your hands in their natural position.
2. I find the handlebar geometry very comfortable. In fact I just did a 200 Kms run and was not tired at all. No arm pain, no back pain. All good
3. Keeping the feet on either side of the ridge is great, and like you described, can grip with your thighs. It doesn't bother me
Quote:
Originally Posted by fhdowntheline View Post
1) How does the seating comfort feel like with that prominent kink for the lower back? I basically dont like that sloping seat in most of the scooters.
2) In the same vein, how is the handlebar geometry ? Is it comfortable , upright or "sporty" ?
3) With that ridge running thru the frame for fuel tank, does it feel more like a motorcycle whereby one can grip the ridge with our thighs (somewhat like a bike) ?
Sebring is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 5th October 2021, 23:18   #154
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyborg View Post
I spoke to a Kamala Yamaha (Lower Parel, Mumbai) sales representative today, they are expecting the scooter sometime between the 7th and 15th October. No information otherwise. Anybody in Mumbai have any update from any other outlet?
Don’t think Mumbai dealers are going to receive any stock before end of this month and plus customer deliveries will also start in November.
SnS_12 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th October 2021, 01:10   #155
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SnS_12 View Post
Don’t think Mumbai dealers are going to receive any stock before end of this month and plus customer deliveries will also start in November.
Thank you SnS_12. Where did you get this information, friendly source?

Do you have an idea about any other Yamaha dealer for Central or South Mumbai? The company website shows only one dealer (Kamala Yamaha, Lower Parel), the rest are all in the suburbs.

Cheers
Old 6th October 2021, 16:44   #156
BHPian

Try Avian Yamaha in Mazgaon. I hope they haven't shut shop. Number found online is 9 9 2 0 4 4 5 5 7 2 or 022 2377 8834

The Yamaha India website needs a revamp, especially the dealer finder. I had such a tough time finding details of Kamla Landmarc, a few months ago, when I bought my Ray ZR. The listed numbers are mostly defunct.

Edit: Another number through their facebook page is 9 8 1 9 7 7 5 6 1 5

Last edited by riteshritesh : 6th October 2021 at 16:45.
riteshritesh is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th October 2021, 06:21   #157
Senior - BHPian

I just love this maxi and am taking the Aerox out more and more. It's the perfect blend of convenience and power. Once I grow tired of the Monster theme, am thinking of de-stickering along these lines
Attached Images

Sebring is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 7th October 2021, 13:45   #158
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I just love this maxi and am taking the Aerox out more and more. Once I grow tired of the Monster theme, am thinking of de-stickering along these lines
This is exactly what I was talking about earlier Sebring, the Monster Energy branding overload. Do update the process of sticker removal in detail if/when you do it. Hope it can be done cleanly without damaging or spoiling the paintwork underneath.

Thank you.

Cheers
Cyborg is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th October 2021, 22:28   #159

I went to book this scooter and came back disappointed. I am just over 6ft tall and there was not enough place for my legs. Even when I sit at the extreme end of the front seat, my left knee is less than an inch away from the plastic panel covering the charging dock. I was pretty sure on bumpy roads my knees will get a few hits. Decided to stick on to my Access 125. If any of you are tall, specifically those who have tall legs, please do analyze if you will be able to find a comfortable seating position.
indianexplorer is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 8th October 2021, 06:03   #160
Senior - BHPian

I'm 165 Cms, medium height actually. It's a good fit. Have the scooters reached dealerships? Where did you see? Aside from that, spotted the new colour scheme of Aerox for Thailand. Looks really vibrant
Quote:
Originally Posted by indianexplorer View Post
I went to book this scooter and came back disappointed. I am just over 6ft tall and there was not enough place for my legs. Even when I sit at the extreme end of the front seat, my left knee is less than an inch away from the plastic panel covering the charging dock. I was pretty sure on bumpy roads my knees will get a few hits. Decided to stick on to my Access 125. If any of you are tall, specifically those who have tall legs, please do analyze if you will be able to find a comfortable seating position.
Attached Images

Last edited by Sebring : 8th October 2021 at 06:33.
Sebring is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th October 2021, 10:55   #161

I checked it out at Alleppey. There were about 6 of them in the yard in front and 1 test ride vehicle. Seems like they are ready for deliveries as well.
Old 8th October 2021, 12:12   #162
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shashant View Post
I am on the same boat. Need to find buyer for my 3k run Aprilia.

Hard to justify it to family though
Just sold my Vespa Elegante 150 (ABS) for 85K.

Year: 2018
KMS Ran 3500.

And I'm about to book the Aerox Monster energy variant today. It took hard to convince my family.

Is Aerox LC4V jor LC2V? , they have changed 2V to 4V on their website, can someone confirm this???
Vivek_ACM is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th October 2021, 12:14   #163
BHPian

Is Aerox 155 LC4V or 2V??? About to book one today.
Old 8th October 2021, 12:50   #164
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by indianexplorer View Post
I tested extensively today. The vehicle's motor is a charm in the City traffic. Should be OK for long rides too. (But certainly not a tourer!)

I already noticed and mentioned the protruding edges that strike right on the kees in my previous post. There is only a couple of cms space between the knee and the console. Especially on the right side. The left has a different curve, which is manageable.
Yes for those - 6' above, (I am 6'2") both the seat support (for larger physiques) and knees space. It is manageable but still cramped.

Last edited by agbenny : 8th October 2021 at 12:50. Reason: Typo correction
agbenny is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 8th October 2021, 14:12   #165
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vivek_ACM View Post
Is Aerox 155 LC4V or 2V??? About to book one today.
It’s a liquid cooled 4 valve motor as per Yamaha India and other websites Vivek. I have mentioned it a couple of pages back also.

Cheers

Quote:
Aside from that, spotted the new colour scheme of Aerox for Thailand. Looks really vibrant
Looks good initially sure, long term, as in looking at it everyday, not sure. It will be a real pain to live with for sure, keeping those alloys clean will be a continuous affair or it will look very shabby with dirt due to the neon colour.

Cheers

Mods: please merge with my earlier post, forgot to multi quote.

Last edited by Rudra Sen : 8th October 2021 at 14:39. Reason: back to back posts merged
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks