Team-BHP > Motorbikes
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 25th October 2021, 15:38   #241
Senior - BHPian

Re: Yamaha Aerox 155 Scooter. Edit: Launched at 1.29 lakhs

On Point 20, I have placed a full face helmet. You just need to invert it. Have posted picture a picture in one of the pages. "Phillipines gets a hook", can I see a picture? Where, I wonder! Spotted one, I think (Sort of Carabiner). Their AEROX colours are great too. Maybe I have a solution for that, via 3M COMMAND STRIPS
Quote:
Originally Posted by agbenny View Post
My conclusion: This is certainly a nice vechicle. I guess Yamaha India may improve it over the years. I guess, there will takers (₹.1.5L!), this vechicle is going to be here in India for a long time.
Attached Thumbnails
Yamaha Aerox 155 Scooter. Edit: Launched at 1.29 lakhs-screenshot-20211025-3.43.34-pm.png  

Yamaha Aerox 155 Scooter. Edit: Launched at 1.29 lakhs-screenshot-20211025-3.43.01-pm.png  

Last edited by Sebring : 25th October 2021 at 15:58.
Sebring is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 25th October 2021, 15:59   #242
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sebring View Post
On Point 20, I have placed a full face helmet. You just need to invert it. Have posted picture a picture in one of the pages
This may help

Yamaha Aerox 155 Scooter. Edit: Launched at 1.29 lakhs-capture2.jpg

Credit: https://www.financialexpress.com/aut...tos/2335117/8/

Regards & Ride Safe
r_nairtvm is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 28th October 2021, 16:46   #243
BHPian

Yamaha Aerox 155 Scooter. Edit: Launched at 1.29 lakhs-pxl_20211028_101152488.jpg

After a long wait to get my hands on this machine, I finally did and I am going to share my observations here hoping they are useful for the others.

First off i had nothing but praises for the "scootabike's" looks and presence. Liked the form factor, the paint finish and novel look this brought.
Like everyone else mentioned here the silent start feature really took me by surprise, I didn't even realise when it had started.

Next came the time for me to get on the bike and see how I fit on it. I'm 6'4" and my height was the only reason for me to not go ahead and pre book the bike. To my utter disappointment the scootabike turned out to be a little small for me like the others on this forum have mentioned. My knees were touching the plastics infront and I really had to sit at the edge of the rider seat to be able to manage any gap.
Nonetheless, I wasn't ready to accept that it's not going to work for me. After a fair amount of convincing, the dealer let me take a short test ride on their display bike.
However they sent a salesperson as pillion "due to company policy" even though I had ask them to keep my car keys as leverage.
Anyhow the test ride began and all the hype I had built up in my head had bursted instantly. The scooter wasn't nearly as powerful as I'd hoped it would be. Me weighing over 100kgs and the pillion being atleast 60kgs didn't help the scootabike's case one bit either. I could hear the motor stressing, I genuinely felt like an elephant sitting on a mouse .
With the helmet on, the instrument cluster was too low to come in my line of sight, the handle bar also felt a tad bit low and when I tried to make u-turns I did feel very congested. All this made me realise that this machine wasn't suited for me.
Also want to point out that i was underwhelmed by the sound of the motor. In all fairness it does sound like any other single cylinder but I couldn't help but feel like it sounded just like an activa. Not sure why I expected anything else now that I think of it

The positives from the test ride are that it manoeuvres well, it's fun to weave through traffic and it's brakes are definitely better than any other scooter I've ridden.

Having said all that I do envy the owners of this machine on the group, it definitely has a great appeal to it and I'm sure it suits you guys much better than it does me. Wishing you guys a lot of happy kilometres ahead. Cheers!

P.s: I'm attaching a couple of pictures of me on the scootabike hoping that it might be helpful for other tall riders.
Attached Thumbnails
Yamaha Aerox 155 Scooter. Edit: Launched at 1.29 lakhs-pxl_20211028_101137096.jpg  

KingCheeese is offline   (11) Thanks
Old 28th October 2021, 17:14   #244
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by KingCheeese View Post
I genuinely felt like an elephant sitting on a mouse
I saw the pictures first and I was like . I would like to see you sitting on a mango scooters like Activa/Jupiter etc.,
This scooter is awesome - stylish, powerful, and not so expensive.

Last edited by Latheesh : 28th October 2021 at 17:15.
Latheesh is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 29th October 2021, 12:06   #245
Senior - BHPian

Had a good experience servicing my Aerox at Chandan, Banashankari. The personal attention was great (Me, coming from Honda's lacklusture service for Activa). The thirty days came in fast, and Odometer was at 1000 Kms. Oil change cost me Rs 1000 change. The sturdy Yamaha cover was Rs 350 (Really love this). 3M detailing is worth mentioning, and amazed me. For service, they just plug the scooter to this machine and it's taken care of. Very advanced. Things to report were; mild vibration of meter console due to slack fitting of throttle unit. B. No accessories available.
Note: There is one info I wish to share with the other two Aerox users here. 'Don't overfill the fuel'. Fill only till 'gun auto stop'. My Aerox had refused to start at an Essar Petrol Bunk and I got worried that some water went in. The real reason was that I had filled it to the brim, so it's designed to shut. 30 minutes wait, and the bike started. No issues thereon.
Attached Thumbnails
Yamaha Aerox 155 Scooter. Edit: Launched at 1.29 lakhs-img_0302.jpg  

Yamaha Aerox 155 Scooter. Edit: Launched at 1.29 lakhs-img_0277.jpg  

Yamaha Aerox 155 Scooter. Edit: Launched at 1.29 lakhs-img_0309.jpg  

Sebring is offline   (13) Thanks
Old 29th October 2021, 15:06   #246

Quote:
Had a good experience servicing my Aerox at Chandan, Banashankari.
Thanks Sebring , i have booked Vermillion Grey Aerox with Chandan Motors on 7th October.

Yesterday called SA and he mentioned it will take 15 more days as Grey color is in high demand !
sandeepskarobar is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 2nd November 2021, 06:13   #247
BHPian

Is Aerox only available with some Yamaha dealers? I went yesterday to Pacer on CMH Road and he mentioned that it is only coming in January
jaganm is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd November 2021, 09:40   #248
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaganm View Post
Is Aerox only available with some Yamaha dealers? I went yesterday to Pacer on CMH Road and he mentioned that it is only coming in January
For now, that is the case. I can confirm the same for Kolkata too. Here, it is available only one dealership so far with others saying that it will be available late December - January.
Old 15th November 2021, 22:24   #249
Senior - BHPian

Installed RAM Quick Grip at Swastik on Kanakapura Road. They have every kind for scooter stems, and was surprised at the range. Had tried Bobo in the past and the mount vibrated at any speed, but not this.
Attached Thumbnails
Yamaha Aerox 155 Scooter. Edit: Launched at 1.29 lakhs-img_2223.jpg  

Last edited by Gannu_1 : 16th November 2021 at 10:38. Reason: Added period at the end of the sentence.
Sebring is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 18th November 2021, 07:34   #250
BHPian

Has anyone got delivery of the scooter recently? I booked my bike in late October, he mentioned a months wait but I wonder how long it is going to be
Old 19th November 2021, 21:21   #251
BHPian

More reviews coming in slowly. This scooter deserves more media attention.

Performance figures from Autocar's Review
Yamaha Aerox 155 Scooter. Edit: Launched at 1.29 lakhs-aerox.png
Impressive, I must say.
Funny is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 19th November 2021, 21:48   #252
BHPian

The reason for delayed media review is
1. It came as CKU in limited pieces and assembled here.
2. Yamaha found it difficult to allocate the vehicle for media due to excessive demand in booking.
Vivek_ACM is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th November 2021, 00:13   #253
BHPian

I saw it in the flesh at one of the parking lot and it looks amazing
Just wondering how good is the pillion comfort with this scooter?
Old 20th November 2021, 00:19   #254
BHPian

Quote:
Installed RAM Quick Grip at Swastik on Kanakapura Road. They have every kind for scooter stems, and was surprised at the range.
Can you let me know about this store? I stay very closer to Konanakunte cross and would be happy to checkout this store.

KK
Old 20th November 2021, 07:18   #255
Senior - BHPian

Sure. Please speak to Mr Vijay, the boss man. Swastikfabs, 11C. JC Ind Estate. Bangalore 560062. Right behind HDFC ATM. They do fabrication for off road vehicles, so quite an interesting place
Quote:
Originally Posted by KK_HakunaMatata View Post
Can you let me know about this store? I stay very closer to Konanakunte cross and would be happy to checkout this store.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks