Team-BHP > Motorbikes
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 20th November 2021, 08:17   #256
Senior - BHPian

Re: Yamaha Aerox 155 Scooter. Edit: Launched at 1.29 lakhs

Mumbai folks will need to head out to Pune to check one out as there are none yet on display in Mumbai. Also, it seems Yamaha wants the dealerships to upgrade their infrastructure to display the Aerox, but they are not ready to incur such high costs in the current market.
SnS_12 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 20th November 2021, 19:22   #257
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SnS_12 View Post
Mumbai folks will need to head out to Pune to check one out as there are none yet on display in Mumbai.
Thank you SnS_12 for the information. The way things are unfolding with the Aerox, it’s getting so so boring. I don’t think I will want to see it even in Bombay, forget going to Poona

Cheers
Cyborg is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st November 2021, 07:05   #258
BHPian

I don’t understand the issue with Yamaha, make a splash and when interest is very high, completely starve the market of supply. It’sa good way to kill any interest in the product.
Old 21st November 2021, 22:49   #259
BHPian

Booked a Grey Vermillion Aerox in Bangalore with Blue Square Yamha Moto World in Chandanpura. Delivery in about 45 days. Approximate on-road cost is 1,70,000/-.

Please advice on which insurance company to go for. Showroom is offering Liberty Insurance. Any feedback or reviews of this insurance in respect to claims, premium cost, ease of getting repairs done is much appreciated. Also looking for leads on taller windshield if using for long highway drives. Thank you.
Paraag is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 22nd November 2021, 01:23   #260
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paraag View Post
Booked a Grey Vermillion Aerox in Bangalore with Blue Square Yamha Moto World in Chandanpura. Delivery in about 45 days. Approximate on-road cost is 1,70,000/-.

Please advice on which insurance company to go for. Showroom is offering Liberty Insurance. Any feedback or reviews of this insurance in respect to claims, premium cost, ease of getting repairs done is much appreciated. Also looking for leads on taller windshield if using for long highway drives. Thank you.
First of all congratulations on your Aerox, family says 1,70,000 on-road is too much for a scooter but I personally love the Aerox 155.

I thought large windshields would be easy to find since the Aerox 155(called the NVX 155 in some markets) was already on sale in some south east asian countries for a couple of years but nope, only found 2 highway worthy ones. I was able to find the first one on Aliexpress for around 5000 (first link).

The second one looks pretty good but is a universal fit product so it looks a little funky IMO.

The third link is full of Aerox 155 accessories from Thailand (same store as the second windshield) so feel free to check them out, they have some decent accessories for the 2021 Aerox 155.

Aliexpress Windshield

Universal Windshield

Thailand Aerox Page

And once again enjoy your Aerox 155 to the fullest and happy riding
GreasyCarb55 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 22nd November 2021, 17:48   #261
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreasyCarb55 View Post
First of all congratulations on your Aerox, family says 1,70,000 on-road is too much for a scooter but I personally love the Aerox 155.

And once again enjoy your Aerox 155 to the fullest and happy riding
Thank you for the wishes on the Aerox and also sharing the links. The Thailand site seems to be nice with some interesting accessories, especially the luggage rack. Hoping you to get to convince the family that this is a great scooter for the Indian market and they support.

I was tossing up between RE Meteor and Dominar twins (because of the LC engine) for highway drives, really long ones. As soon as the Aerox was launched, it became an (almost) no brainer with the LC engine, VVA tech, posture and stance, convenience of CVT, and underseat storage. The only concern was the space on the floorboard up to the handles as I am 6 feet tall with a longer lower part and others had expressed concern about this as well. When I sat on the bike in the showroom, felt it would be manageable as knees were not scrapping the handlebar or apron. There was no test ride available, but as I had read all the reviews on the performance, handling, etc, decided not to dither and booked it right away.

Eagerly anticipating the delivery and riding experience. Will be looking to add a few official accessories (the KYB shock absorbers should be worth it although they cost a pretty penny, as well as the smoke screen with knuckle guards). Will also be looking to purchase ViaTerra luggage (Claw mini or Hammerhead), but will wait for the scooter/bike to be delivered before I take it to the dealer in HSR to see how they fit. Some accessories will have to source locally from 3rd party and will try to get some fitted such as bungee straps that are fitted on the Dominar 400 under the pillion seat.

Will keep the forum or similar thread updated as I start experiencing and accessorizing the Aerox.
Paraag is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd November 2021, 00:04   #262

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaganm View Post
Has anyone got delivery of the scooter recently? I booked my bike in late October, he mentioned a months wait but I wonder how long it is going to be
I booked Vermilion Grey on 6th October with Chandan Motors , Bangalore. This morning went to the dealer for status update and the SA did not commit on any dates (Initially he said 40 days) , all he said was he will call me when it will be available.
sandeepskarobar is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd November 2021, 21:47   #263
BHPian

I am half-century young in age, last rode a Honda Dio 19 years ago, have never ridden a geared 2 wheeler but am a competent cyclist. I recently shifted to Chennai and my only mode of powered transportation, a Tata Hexa while a superb mile-muncher, is too large for grocery and nearby errands.

I’m a wee bit short of 6 Feet and wee bit short of 100 kgs in weight. The Missus who’s a good 70 Kgs fancies herself on the pillion seat since I was too poor to own a 2 wheeler during our college romance days.

By God’s grace, a wee bit of luck and a lot of toil, the price of the 2 wheeler is no longer a constraint.I was looking at a Pure EV for this purpose, eventually booked an Ola Scooter and paid 20k advance.

Not having removable batteries was the first negative for the Ola, then a series of senior level exits including the Quality Head and finally the constantly shifting goal-posts have undermined my confidence on the Ola Scooter.

Top requirements in order of priority:
  • Ability to haul 175 Kgs over flyovers at a decent speed
  • Reliability, fuss free ownership experience and peace of mind
  • Head turner, should look good for years, quality
  • Practicality as a daily runabout
  • Safety, ease of riding, comfort for old bones
Before I apply for a refund from Ola, let me put the question to the wisdom of this forum –

Option 1: Stay the course with the Ola, they will get it right eventually

Option 2: Get a Pure EV ePluto with removable batteries. QUESTION: Will it be able to haul 175 Kgs + groceries over a flyover after a few years of use?

Option 3: The Jupiter 125 is the most by the Uncle, for the Uncle scooter there is! It’s the most practical 2 wheeler out there. So Uncle, buy the Jupiter 125. Quality and reliability will not be Yamaha level though.

Option 4: YOLO. Budget is not a constraint so buy the best . . . Go for the Aerox 155. Plus, I travel on work sometimes to the Aerox friendly markets. Chance to get all the yummy after-market accessories and fit on my Aerox. But hey, it may not be as practical as the Jupiter 125 Uncle Mobile!

Option 5: Are you kidding? You’re built like a Grizzly Bear. Man up and learn to ride a man’s bike . . . Nothing short of 350cc for you, even if it reeks of mid-life crisis.

Sri Motors in Chennai has a Monster Energy Aerox 155 ready. They’re dragging their feet from committing a date on the Grey, White and Orange Aerox that I like.

So friends, what is your advice for me?

Thanks in advance.
Ferruccio is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 23rd November 2021, 22:46   #264
Senior - BHPian

The more I look at this scooter, am falling in love with it. Although I have been a motorbike person all my life, this scooter is something you just cant ignore. This is like the iPhone of scooters. Have understood its pointless trying to reason with family on this purchase decision. This appeals straight to the heart

Only small but important factor which I have a doubt on is pillion comfort as I would be picking this up for occasional short breakfast rides and office trips. YT Reviews mention about the padding for Pillion seat being pretty scant? Can owners throw some light on this aspect?

Last edited by SoumenD : 23rd November 2021 at 22:47.
SoumenD is online now   (3) Thanks
Old 24th November 2021, 00:45   #265
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ferruccio View Post

Option 5: Are you kidding? You’re built like a Grizzly Bear. Man up and learn to ride a man’s bike . . . Nothing short of 350cc for you, even if it reeks of mid-life crisis.

Thanks in advance.
Forget about the Aerox, go for option 5. Get yourself a big bike, 350cc or even 650cc, budget permitting of course. A scooter is ultimately just a scooter, a bike will make every time you get on it an occasion. Obviously you don't have to take this advice, but bike gang >> scooter gang.
karanddd is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 24th November 2021, 00:59   #266
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Very well put Ferruccio!

I do not advocate an electric scooter at all since it’s going to be your only two wheeler. Unnecessarily putting your hands into an as yet untested Ola, plus the charging issues, no real infrastructure in our cities to write home about. Most electric scooters are also really, really small, both of you would be uncomfortable.

Jupiter 125 again is an untested platform in the real world, I would avoid it. There are other options out there which would be much more suitable for you in which you would not be a tester for the company

Aerox 155 - everything looks good, plus we have a few from our forum (you must have read through this thread) who have it and are extremely happy with it. However, the pillion (your missus) would most likely be extremely uncomfortable judging by the rear seat space. Check it out though, never know, it may click with both of you.

For your needs I would suggest:
1. Suzuki Burgman Street 125, it should click all the boxes for you. A large size scooter, powerful and a very comfortable big seat for both of you. It’s for INR 1.10 lacs on road Mumbai. With the sixty/seventy thousand you save over the Aerox, you could fill petrol for a long time

2. Honda Activa 125, a no nonsense practical workhorse. Space and comfort wise very good. I had it for around a year, just sold it because I found it very boring to ride. Around INR 1 lac.

Check out everything, see what suits you and pick up accordingly. Again, suggestion number 1 is what you should be aiming for.

Cheers
Cyborg is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 24th November 2021, 07:09   #267
Team-BHP Support

Quote:

I am not really convinced by any EVs yet and if it must be an EV “today”, the only one I can recommend with your use case description is the Ather.

The only other EV that has convinced me is the Ola - but its convinced me that its NOT to be purchased today for sure. What the future holds for it, time will tell.

I would pin my recommendations down to the following three:

1. If its a scooter - YOLO your way to the Aerox. It’ll be the most fun scooter you can buy. If it must be a more practical option then perhaps the Burgman 125.

2. For YOLO’ing all the way, perhaps consider a Honda CB 350 - they’re beautiful motorcycles. The scooter will take you to the local vegetable vendor. The CB will create an excuse for you to ride out to the farmer to buy direct produce.
Axe77 is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 24th November 2021, 11:56   #268
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
I am half-century young in age, last rode a Honda Dio 19 years ago, have never ridden a geared 2 wheeler but am a competent cyclist. I recently shifted to Chennai and my only mode of powered transportation, a Tata Hexa while a superb mile-muncher, is too large for grocery and nearby errands.

I’m a wee bit short of 6 Feet and wee bit short of 100 kgs in weight. The Missus who’s a good 70 Kgs fancies herself on the pillion seat since I was too poor to own a 2 wheeler during our college romance days.
Im not a scooter guy and hence my thoughts are biased, but option 5 all the way. Test ride the Meteor 350, Classic 350 and the Honda CB350. All are great bikes and will suit your use case perfectly. Its just a matter of finding out which one suits you and your wife the best.
neil.jericho is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 24th November 2021, 14:21   #269
Senior - BHPian

Aerox wont be comfortable for the pillion, I can tell you that. It meets the rest of your points though. I would insist on Option 5; go with any of the big bikes. My scooter is amazing (among all the other scooters in the market today), but I love the CB 350 and use it for long rides and discoveries. Will be moving up to 650 CC class next, as biking is just too much fun. Especially in India. I'm sure you will agree with me once you're hooked. And, do test ride the OLA and arrive at a decision before giving up. Looks like it is etched in your mind
Quote:
Before I apply for a refund from Ola, let me put the question to the wisdom of this forum – Option 5: Are you kidding? You’re built like a Grizzly Bear. Man up and learn to ride a man’s bike . . . Nothing short of 350cc for you, even if it reeks of mid-life crisis.
Sebring is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th November 2021, 16:18   #270
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I’m a wee bit short of 6 Feet and wee bit short of 100 kgs in weight.
I tried sitting on Aerox few days back and in spite of being at edge of front seat, my left knee was just 1" away from front left storage. I am sure in braking situations, I will slide forward and touch from left knee will open that storage box. I am a 6 footer with 33" inseam.
I didn't bother to take a test ride.
sukiwa is offline   (1) Thanks
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks