Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 24th November 2021, 20:03   #271
Team-BHP Support

Re: Yamaha Aerox 155 Scooter. Edit: Launched at 1.29 lakhs

Quote:
Originally Posted by sukiwa View Post
I tried sitting on Aerox few days back and in spite of being at edge of front seat, my left knee was just 1" away from front left storage. I am sure in braking situations, I will slide forward and touch from left knee will open that storage box. I am a 6 footer with 33" inseam.
I didn't bother to take a test ride.
Where is the Aerox displayed close to Baner side of the city would you know Sukiwa? Would like to see it sometime when I’m in Pune.

Thanks
Old 25th November 2021, 11:55   #272
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Axe77 View Post
Where is the Aerox displayed close to Baner side of the city would you know Sukiwa?
I doubt if any dealer in that area has Aerox for display/test ride. I had gone to Monarch Yamaha on Tilak road.
sukiwa is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th November 2021, 13:12   #273
BANNED

Couple of observations after a month's driving.

1. No accessories are available.
2. No spares. I damaged the front left side panel with deep scratches (vehicle fell down - reason #3). It is unknown when I can get a panel. Service centre says there's no way to get it anytime soon.
3. Poor side stand! It's shaky and wavy. No solution from the service centre. Going to check with local mechanic. Thrice the side stand didn't rest fully on the floor, since it stops in the middle. It is not safe to park on uneven surfaces, especially if the rear section is elevated (checked the Fascino - they are all the same).
4. No uniqueness in the exhaust note.
5. Super grippy tyres.
6. Suspension is stiff. Need to check aftermarket ones like Ohlins, YSS, etc.
5. Looks like the production is slow. Only couple of vehicles have been delivered in CBE.

Last edited by Aditya : 28th November 2021 at 19:27. Reason: Edited for better readability
agbenny is offline   (1) Thanks Received Infraction
Old 30th November 2021, 19:01   #274
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sukiwa View Post
I doubt if any dealer in that area has Aerox for display/test ride. I had gone to Monarch Yamaha on Tilak road.
Monarch Auto on Tilak road is offering test rides. My experience with Monarch Auto is excellent and one of the partners, Mr. Gokhale is great guy who is always ready to help!

Quote:
Originally Posted by agbenny View Post

2. No spares. I damaged the front left side panel with deep scratches (vehicle fell down - reason #3). It is unknown when I can get a panel. Service centre says there's no way to get it anytime soon.
3. Poor side stand! It's shaky and wavy. No solution from the service centre. Going to check with local mechanic. Thrice the side stand didn't rest fully on the floor, since it stops in the middle. It is not safe to park on uneven surfaces, especially if the rear section is elevated (checked the Fascino - they are all the same).
5. Super grippy tyres.
5. Looks like the production is slow. Only couple of vehicles have been delivered in CBE.

Lubricate the side stand with grease especially in places where there is contact with side stand frame mount

Ohlins/ YSS shocks would be stiffer than stock but will have some level of adjustability unlike the stock shock units. The Ohlins rear shocks are super expensive and would cost almost half the price of the scooter itself!

KYB offers some aftermarket shocks (14k)through Yamaha accessories but I doubt if they are adjustable and available!

Last edited by Rudra Sen : 2nd December 2021 at 13:07. Reason: back to back posts merged
Old 30th November 2021, 20:22   #275
Team-BHP Support

Called up all the local dealers (frankly didn't know there were so many around!) to check for a display Aerox 155, forget a TD! And no luck!

One dealer said they expect a vehicle to arrive by the 15th of December. Others said they had no clue.
Old 30th November 2021, 20:46   #276
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrAzY dRiVeR View Post
Called up all the local dealers (frankly didn't know there were so many around!) to check for a display Aerox 155, forget a TD! And no luck!

One dealer said they expect a vehicle to arrive by the 15th of December. Others said they had no clue.
Very similar response from the only Yamaha dealer I spoke with in Mumbai (Kamala Yamaha).
Axe77 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st December 2021, 16:12   #277
BHPian

Got a call back from Pacer Yamaha vidyaranyapura Bangalore. They have scooters for Test Drive and bookings are open. Delivery timelines are 45 Days.
Old 1st December 2021, 17:42   #278
BHPian

Quote:

5. Super grippy tyres.

A question from your month long experience of riding it. How stable does it feel riding at speeds of 70-90 kmph on open highways? Does the engine feels smooth with enough grunt left to overtake something if required?
i_rock098 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st December 2021, 22:09   #279
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by i_rock098 View Post
A question from your month long experience of riding it. How stable does it feel riding at speeds of 70-90 kmph on open highways? Does the engine feels smooth with enough grunt left to overtake something if required?
Its very stable and gives enough confidence while overtaking. Throttle response in excellent and after the first service the brakes are sharp.
Old 3rd December 2021, 23:12   #280
BHPian

Quote:

CBE.
1. Not surprised by the lack of accessories, the indian market only recently got to know the concept of the "Maxi Scooter". You can find aftermarket accessories for the Aerox on websites of south east asian countries like Thailand, Indonesia etc. The parts/accessories exist, you just need to know where to look for them.

2. You can get side stand extenders like this one that gives your side stand more surface area to spread the weight of the Aerox.

3. If you want to do it then you can import exhaust systems for the Aerox from places like Thailand (I'll link a few at the end).

4. Ohlins will be too expensive (almost half the cost of the Aerox itself) but you can find options under 20k INR. You can get KYB Shocks directly from Yamaha India as an accessory (around 15k) and YSS has something called the G-Sport Red Series for the Aerox (17.5k INR)

Exhaust Options:

1. Evo Racing Full System (Thailand) - 11k INR

2. Evo Racing V1 Full System (Thailand) - 8.6k INR

3. Nambam Racing Thailand Full System - 8.6k INR

According to the website both the EVO Racing exhaust systems are road legal as per Thailand standards, no info on the Nambam racing one but there was a video provided on the website.

A company called R9 Exhaust also makes exhaust systems for the Aerox but I was unable to access their website.

Last edited by GreasyCarb55 : 3rd December 2021 at 23:17.
GreasyCarb55 is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 6th December 2021, 11:41   #281
BHPian

So I had the chance to ride the aerox and also the showroom owner is willing to source more if you want one in a hurry. Here's my small review of it.
HYPERTOURER is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 6th December 2021, 12:50   #282
//M
Distinguished - BHPian

Yamaha India has introduced a new paintshade for the Aerox 155 !

Not sure if this had been shared earlier.

Yamaha Aerox 155 Scooter. Edit: Launched at 1.29 lakhs-aerox-155.png
//M is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 6th December 2021, 14:32   #283
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by //M View Post
Yamaha India has introduced a new paintshade for the Aerox 155
This one is lovely, brings out the best in the Aerox, does not look busy or over the top. Understated elegance.

Minimal stickers, maximum Aerox

Cheers
Cyborg is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th December 2021, 15:45   #284
Senior - BHPian

I guess this replaces the limited edition MotoGP then. Looks killer
Quote:
Originally Posted by //M View Post
Yamaha India has introduced a new paintshade for the Aerox 155 ! Not sure if this had been shared earlier.
Sebring is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th December 2021, 16:48   #285
//M
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sebring View Post
I guess this replaces the limited edition MotoGP then. Looks killer
Presently all four colour options are listed on the website.

Link - Yamaha Aerox 155

Yamaha Aerox 155 Scooter. Edit: Launched at 1.29 lakhs-aerox-.png
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks