Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 6th March 2022, 18:20   #361
Team-BHP Support

Re: Yamaha Aerox 155 Scooter. Edit: Launched at 1.29 lakhs

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrAzY dRiVeR View Post
All said and done, I hope Yamaha realize that they might probably be sitting on a goldmine here with the Aerox and take immediate action to cater to demand. This might just become the biggest Yamaha sub-brand to launch in India after the RX (RD too!) and the R15. As a young kid at a petrol station exclaimed -

"They have made an R15 V3 scooter!"
Wow!! Congratulations CD. I was drooling all over this launch and then the scooter never even landed in the nearby Yamaha showrooms. Really pathetic approach to the launch around these parts and what a disservice to the most stunning scooter in the Indian market today.

Look forward to a detailed ownership review.
Axe77 is online now   (3) Thanks
Old 7th March 2022, 09:39   #362
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sebring View Post
Congrats and keep posting
Thanks, Sebring. Her first choice was the Monster Edition, but then it has now been discontinued.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turbanator View Post
Guys, how do we get in this part of the country Yamaha website mentions- SoldOut.
It has been showing the same status a couple of days post-launch. Your best bet would be the nearest Blue Square showroom. The website dealer locator has the option to sort by Blue Square dealerships.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Axe77 View Post
Wow!! Congratulations CD. I was drooling all over this launch and then the scooter never even landed in the nearby Yamaha showrooms. Really pathetic approach to the launch around these parts and what a disservice to the most stunning scooter in the Indian market today.

Look forward to a detailed ownership review.
Thank you. Absolutely agree with you - this has to be one of the most ill-planned launches of recent times. I guess someone at Yamaha wanted to take a lesson out of Honda's Bigwing network launch with the CB350, but completely botched up the expected demand and rollouts.
CrAzY dRiVeR is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 7th March 2022, 09:45   #363
Senior - BHPian

Hey CD. I'm curious to know the accessories you have planned to pick up. Is a free flow exhaust (Someone I know has installed and it has perked up the scooter), and KYB suspension around the corner?
Quote:
Originally Posted by CrAzY dRiVeR View Post
Thanks, Sebring. Her first choice was the Monster Edition, but then it has now been discontinued.
Old 7th March 2022, 17:27   #364
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Hey CD. I'm curious to know the accessories you have planned to pick up. Is a free flow exhaust (Someone I know has installed and it has perked up the scooter), and KYB suspension around the corner?
No major modifications planned. Just picked up the seat cover and LED blinkers for now.

Exhaust change was never under consideration. Rear suspension is stiff alright, but our first impression is that we can live with it easily. Just need to take it slow over the bad stuff - will see if the KYB is needed or not. It does look good though.

First order of business is to complete 1000kms, change the oil and then see what the real capabilities are. Will check if the local service centers are able to take it up, or else a 12 hour ride for service.
CrAzY dRiVeR is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 7th March 2022, 18:34   #365
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turbanator View Post
Guys, how do we get in this part of the country Yamaha website mentions- SoldOut.
Got a call few days back that 3 of these have arrived at the Mysuru dealership, so anyone wanting to check or order it please check this location.

Do check your local yamaha dealer and place an interest in it. They seem to be on back order.
maddy42 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 9th March 2022, 17:54   #366
Senior - BHPian

I have a fabricator friend who helped me get a good crash guard designed, and fitted some superb lights on it. What do you guys think!
Attached Thumbnails
Yamaha Aerox 155 Scooter. Edit: Launched at 1.29 lakhs-aerox.jpg  

Sebring is online now   (15) Thanks
Old 9th March 2022, 18:36   #367
BHPian

Quote:
I have a fabricator friend who helped me get a good crash guard designed, and fitted some superb lights on it. What do you guys think!
Sorry to say but its spoiling the looks of it. Mount the aux lights on the mirrors. Unless u need the guard absolutely. The think is some sort of sliders can be fabricated instead of this. Also im getting a givi rack and plate to mount a top box. Givi makes an aerox specific rack and it looks neat. I might use my existing box from the zx14r on this when i go touring on this. Is that a ram phone mount?. I am thinking of getting aerox parts from indonesia, specially the fancy keyless system that comes stock there.
HYPERTOURER is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 9th March 2022, 18:43   #368
Senior - BHPian

Get what youre saying. But in real it does look rugged, and is practical. That was my brief to him. The mirror stem cant hold the weight much. Yeah, that's a RAM quickgrip. I need a Givi rack and mount too. Is it possible to order two sets plz? Lets split the charges
Quote:
Originally Posted by HYPERTOURER View Post
Givi makes an aerox specific rack and it looks neat. I might use my existing box from the zx14r on this when i go touring on this. Is that a ram phone mount?. I am thinking of getting aerox parts from indonesia, specially the fancy keyless system that comes stock there.

Last edited by Sebring : 9th March 2022 at 18:52.
Old 9th March 2022, 19:09   #369
BHPian

Quote:
Get what youre saying. But in real it does look rugged, and is practical. That was my brief to him. The mirror stem cant hold the weight much. Yeah, that's a RAM quickgrip. I need a Givi rack and mount too. Is it possible to order two sets plz? Lets split the charges
I will be getting mine from bikenbiker. Will se when their shipment arrives. Will see what can be done.
Old 10th March 2022, 14:14   #370
BHPian

Yamaha is silently increasing the price of Aerox, When I booked in Jan, the ex-showroom price was Rs. 1,30,000, now its Rs. 1,34,000, dealer said there was price increase twice, once in Feb and in Mar.

Vijay
vijay_k is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th March 2022, 12:28   #371
BHPian

A bit late to jump into the bandwagon, but the CB350 I had gotten last year for my wife has been sold - and the replacement is an Aerox, which my wife is taking delivery of a few hours from now.
krishsreedharan is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 11th March 2022, 13:22   #372
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by krishsreedharan View Post
A bit late to jump into the bandwagon, but the CB350 I had gotten last year for my wife has been sold - and the replacement is an Aerox, which my wife is taking delivery of a few hours from now.
Congratulations! I'm sure she will love it!

My better half feels the Aerox is much, much more easier to handle than her old Maestro, even though she is not fully able to flat-foot. I guess the weight distribution is the main factor at play here.

The only negative point for now is the amount of attention it attracts, especially from the 'Dio' kids. But on the plus side - has made her feel we bought something special for her, and not just another run-of-the-mill ladies scooter.
CrAzY dRiVeR is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 11th March 2022, 15:12   #373
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Sebring, the work looks neat. It reminds me of the Dodge from the Furious 7 movie. Hope your rides with the Aerox are as adventurous as the movie is!

Name:  4cd2af666459fb53d3d06d52e01b88f8.jpg
Views: 934
Size:  52.1 KB
neil.jericho is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th March 2022, 13:43   #374
BHPian

Quote:
Thank you Sebring for sharing this. I too am in Bangalore near Sarjapur and was searching for a fabricator to fix auxiliary lights. It would be wonderful if you could share the contact details, I can get in touch with him and get something similar done. Not such a big crash guard, but mainly for fixing the lights at near headlight level (and not at the mirror level - don't want to run foul of the traffic cops) and maybe something to anchor touring luggage to. I am planning a ride from Bangalore to Bombay via Pune in the second week of April. Will be driving at night, so definitely need the higher illumination. Also maybe a bar joining the two mirror arms to attach the phone to for navigation (something similar to the rod available on the Dominar 400).

BTW, are those HJG Owl or Mega lights. I have ordered the HJG Mega Drive 60 watts dual color (yellow) dual lens lights along with the relay harness and switch (for off/white/yellow).

Wishing you happy touring with this setup. A few more pics from different profile views would be helpful.
Paraag is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th March 2022, 17:08   #375
Senior - BHPian

The fabricator is a friend of mine from the UAE who was visiting me in Bengaluru, (he works on Polaris offroad vehicles there). Unfortunately he doesn't do outside work, and did this as a favour. The front fog lights can be easily fixed to the front fork bolts and the illumination was quite good when I checked. The HJG lights are a new launch and adeshwar guys offered me this since I know them from sometime (Opposite Urvashi Theatre). They do the installation as well. Regarding luggage, I have spoken with Bike N biker for the Givi unit. Should arrive in 40 days.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paraag View Post
Thank you Sebring for sharing this. I too am in Bangalore near Sarjapur and was searching for a fabricator to fix auxiliary lights. It would be wonderful if you could share the contact details, I can get in touch with him and get something similar done.
Sebring is online now   (1) Thanks
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks