Team-BHP > Motorbikes
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 2nd November 2020, 17:34   #16
Senior - BHPian

Re: Smurfy - My Honda CB350 Ownership Review

Without lugging? Let me make an accurate note on this and revert. Thanks. Regarding the oversize sticker, maybe I didn't photograph the tank properly. It really looks cool in person. I like putting lots of stickers on my bike. Need to grow up
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frankenstein View Post
Congratulations , what is the minimum speed in 4th and 5th gear without lugging?
Old 2nd November 2020, 18:46   #17
BHPian

Congratulations on the great acquisition and I hope you have thousands of happy miles ahead.
The bike looks amazing and I will be waiting to have a look in person.
Does this come in any other colour? I would have preferred a metallic blue finish.

The review is crisp and is a pleasant read. I usually avoid reviews that run into pages but yours is a gem!

Once again wish you have a great time ahead!
ayankm is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd November 2020, 18:56   #18
Senior - BHPian

Thank you for your encouraging words. Well, in metallic they have this red and there is the Black. They look quite nice actually, (with shiny reflective flakes embedded)
Quote:
Originally Posted by ayankm View Post
Does this come in any other colour? I would have preferred a metallic blue finish.
Attached Thumbnails
Smurfy - My Honda CB350 Ownership Review-screen-shot-20201102-6.52.10-pm.png  

Smurfy - My Honda CB350 Ownership Review-screen-shot-20201102-6.52.56-pm.png  

Sebring is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 2nd November 2020, 20:48   #19
Senior - BHPian

Please find the maintenance schedule for the bike, as requested, this morning
Attached Thumbnails
Smurfy - My Honda CB350 Ownership Review-img_8804.jpg  

Smurfy - My Honda CB350 Ownership Review-img_8805.jpg  

Sebring is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 2nd November 2020, 21:27   #20
Senior - BHPian

The engine oil filter & air filter change interval is not convincing to me with Indian ground level pollution
aargee is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 2nd November 2020, 21:29   #21
Senior - BHPian

Clicked this beautiful pic of the bike, with its rear sprung up nicely and that meaty exhaust . Even to hear, the exhaust note is throatier than the RE for sure. Honda got this 'bang-on'. This weekend I'm doing a comparo with a fellow BHPian's Jawa. Lets see how that pans out
Attached Thumbnails
Smurfy - My Honda CB350 Ownership Review-img_8820.jpg  

Last edited by Sebring : 2nd November 2020 at 21:40.
Sebring is offline   (32) Thanks
Old 2nd November 2020, 22:38   #22

Killer review! Cannot wait to get mine (same Blue/White as Smurfy). With this bike its going to be a race to see who puts on more km per week!
oldschoolcool is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 2nd November 2020, 22:51   #23
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sebring View Post
Both indicators act as DRL and stay on, all the time

Single tone colours (Red, Matte Green, Gloss Black) look sharp and should have been offered in Pro model

Misses out on bar-end weights (There is a plastic cap)
Agree with above points. Even in dual tone, colors like Red/White could have been offered.

Front turn indicators as DRLs? That is weird and unsafe too. Hope Honda stops this 'feature'

With no media reviews yet, this superbly compiled detailed impression on CB350 will help all who are looking to buy it. Please keep this thread updated frequently!

Quote:
Originally Posted by rajshenoy View Post

EDIT:
@GTO and other Mods, please consider having a separate ownership section for motorcycles. Our cars section has amazing layout and perhaps we could follow similar organisation.
Yes . Mods, please do it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrAzY dRiVeR View Post
I was always under the impression that it is a Classic rival, but your pictures (seating position and the rivalry image) makes me feel it is more Thunderbird than Classic.
The side-by-side image indeed shows CB looking more like Thunderbird.

Quote:
Originally Posted by aargee View Post
The engine oil filter & air filter change interval is not convincing to me with Indian ground level pollution
The maintenance schedule image shared too recommends frequent services in dusty and wet areas.
texmonster is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 3rd November 2020, 00:33   #24
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by texmonster View Post
Front turn indicators as DRLs? That is weird and unsafe too. Hope Honda stops this 'feature'
Actually its theoretically backed up by USA's NHTSA recommendation. Honda has this on almost all US bikes since 2013 when this study was evaluated regarding cars noticing bikers when orange turn indicators double up as daytime running lights.

Article 12.10.5 in this NHTSA pdf:

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&sour...gVYXmjP9pZFEfM

In most developed nations car owners are called "cagers" because they are surrounded in a metal shell and at the speeds they do over there, bikers are more vulnerable to these car drivers fail to notice them for multiple reasons. Would a biker with two glowing turn signals make cagers pause for a second and notice him for the odd setup? Job done.

Last edited by Nithesh_M : 3rd November 2020 at 00:36.
Nithesh_M is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 3rd November 2020, 04:49   #25
Senior - BHPian

Let me cross that bridge. If the air filter is clogged, performance does take a hit. I see no harm in giving it a blast of air during service. Need to see what kind of new filter this is. There are two well equipped service options for me right now. One is Topline (Mysore Road) and the other is VFM, with a dedicated line for CB350 added to existing facility (They have a spanking new facility coming up at Cambridge Road, as well). In fact it is at VFM I got to see the first lot of bikes, (that too on a Sunday). Monday was off due to festival, and bikes arrived at BigWing, Mallya Road only on Tuesday (27th Oct). I'll cover the service aspect under a separate section. YouTuber Abhinav was all praises for Honda's level of precision in this regard, so I'm pretty excited
Quote:
Originally Posted by aargee View Post

Last edited by Sebring : 3rd November 2020 at 05:00.
Old 3rd November 2020, 09:38   #26
Senior - BHPian

First lesson learnt. Never take your big bikes for granted. Wear your protective gear at all times. Received this love bite from the super hot silencer, somewhere on the highway, while trying to wipe dust off the gorgeous horns. In that fraction of a mil-second, the burn was truly set
Attached Thumbnails
Smurfy - My Honda CB350 Ownership Review-img_88771.jpg  

Sebring is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 3rd November 2020, 10:49   #27
BHPian

Fantastic choice bro, many congratulations! What a looker this bike is! Good choice of color!

Fantastic & crisp review covering almost all aspects.👍

I know this thread is gonna have crisp & continuous updates as I have seen ur love for automobiles in case of Mini Landie & can easily guess Smurphy would have got pampered with 2-3 coats of wax already! 😃

Glued to this thread!

Wish you many miles of happy & safe riding.
manjunag is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd November 2020, 11:14   #28
KPR
BANNED

Quote:
The CB 350 promises to be a 'maintenance free bike'. In a short presentation, they explained the air filter doesn't need to be cleaned and it lasts 18,000 Kms. Once done, you just replace it (that's it). The hard wearing spark plug needs replacement at 12,000 Kms, no maintenance there as well (For the entire period)
Many congratulations on owning this Japanese bike. Now you're tempting me to exchange my TB500 for this H'ness. . I'm not the one who go for long rides in bike barring one or two rides a year (less than 300 km). I'm using my TB like 40 km Home-Office-Home commute weekly twice or thrice. The main reason for TB to stay with me is that my wife feels the pillion seating much comfortable. I enjoy the torque of 500 cc and the comfortable sofa seating. How's the pillion and riding comfort in your H'ness as compared to a TB ?

Last edited by KPR : 3rd November 2020 at 11:15.
Old 3rd November 2020, 11:17   #29
BHPian

Thanks for the review! Congratulations on your purchase! Happy Motoring!

I can't wait to ride it. Hopefully my Uncle's bike will get delivered in about 10 days time. Peak torque at 3K is going to be killer!
Old 3rd November 2020, 11:23   #30
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Clicked this beautiful pic of the bike, with its rear sprung up nicely and that meaty exhaust .
I think this is a beautiful angle, bike looks smashing in the shot

Can you also review the suspension setup in various environments ? Some reviews pointed out the front is more stiff for their liking.
rajshenoy is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks