Team-BHP > Motorbikes
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 19th November 2020, 22:48   #136
Senior - BHPian

Re: Smurfy - My Honda CB350 Ownership Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sebring View Post
VFM Honda is offering TPMS (Tyre Pressure Monitoring System) as an accessory for the CB350. This should cost me Rs 1800, and is pretty accurate. It shows tyre temperature as well. I'm planning on this because the ride is pretty sorted when front tyre pressure is 29 psi and rear is at 33 psi
Why not simply buy a good pressure gauge then? Or better still a portable inflator with a pressure readout. Knowing your pressure is low without the means to do something about it really does not help much.

Cheers, Doc
ebonho is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 22nd November 2020, 06:58   #137
Senior - BHPian

Good suggestion. I picked up the pressure gauge, and all under control now
Quote:
Originally Posted by ebonho View Post
Why not simply buy a good pressure gauge then? Or better still a portable inflator with a pressure readout. Knowing your pressure is low without the means to do something about it really does not help much.
Attached Thumbnails
Smurfy - My Honda CB350 Ownership Review-img_0494.jpg  

Sebring is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 22nd November 2020, 07:44   #138
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Good suggestion. I picked up the pressure gauge, and all under control now
This is the MI portable inflator?

Please give cost and feedback once you use it. Compare the pressures to what you see in a trusted air outlet too please.

Cheers, Doc
ebonho is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd November 2020, 14:30   #139
Senior - BHPian

It's quite good. This is Rs 2,500, and the small form factor is incredible. One of the best designed inflators, actually. I'll compare the accuracy with at an outlet, though the Michelin one that my friend has is showing the exact same numbers (So I think it's accurate)
Quote:
Originally Posted by ebonho View Post
This is the MI portable inflator? Please give cost and feedback once you use it. Compare the pressures to what you see in a trusted air outlet too please.
Sebring is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 22nd November 2020, 20:34   #140
Senior - BHPian

Today I discovered a nifty feature quite by accident. We had a group ride up till Swathi Delicacy (a restaurant on the Highway, 100 Kms away), and the bike wouldn't start, while returning. Then I saw the side stand warning lamp was on. And just thanked my stars it didn't. So guys, 'If the side stand is on, the bike wont start'. That's a great safety feature to have
Attached Thumbnails
Smurfy - My Honda CB350 Ownership Review-img_0505.jpg  

Sebring is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 22nd November 2020, 23:01   #141
BHPian

This safety feature of the bike not starting is there on all the bikes like CB350, RE and even Benelli Imperials. Btw, you can use it as an engine kill switch too. When you are done with the ride, you can kick out the side stand and the bike will switch off.
Animesh is online now   (3) Thanks
Old 23rd November 2020, 18:12   #142
Senior - BHPian

What's this doing in my fridge! It's actually a box of some good quality chocolates, which my family found to be really tasty. In fact, as soon I was given this at the dealership I immediately offered a slab to the Sales Head who made things 'move' for me, and he was delighted. Very thoughtful of you, Honda
Attached Thumbnails
Smurfy - My Honda CB350 Ownership Review-img_0594.jpg  

Sebring is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 24th November 2020, 04:33   #143
Senior - BHPian

Someone in my Whatsapp group told me that he fitted the 'heel/toe' unit from Honda Shine on his CB350. And its comfortable. Then I realised what a big gap there is, on my own bike. It's about an inch and half, easily. And all along I'm moving my foot back and forth, and stepping on it like a cruiser. If Honda has got the seat height just right, for a 165 Cms tall typical Indian like me, why not have a smaller peg? I'm a UK Size 8, by the way. Going to complete a full month of riding this superb machine in 4 days. Compiling a short list of few things I dislike, and where there is room for improvement. Will drop that in tomorrow
Attached Thumbnails
Smurfy - My Honda CB350 Ownership Review-img_0571.jpg  

Sebring is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 24th November 2020, 14:39   #144
Senior - BHPian

I was of the opinion the ignition is a single step. 'Off', and ignition 'On'. Turns out, there is a step in between. So from 'Off', it goes to middle position - preps the fuel injection (You can hear the fuel flow clearly), and then the third step fires up the engine. I used to skip the in between step and it used to be awkward all this while. Hope I have not damaged the unit
Attached Thumbnails
Smurfy - My Honda CB350 Ownership Review-img_0670.jpg  

Sebring is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 25th November 2020, 03:21   #145
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Hope I have not damaged the unit
No.

Electronic fuel injection has advanced that you no longer need to prime the system. Turn the key and crank straight away. I used to practice priming on my KTM and my cars. The bike took longer to start compared to just firing the starter straight away. What I also found was if the bike did not crank the first time around, when you let the system prime, you're likely to end up flooding the system. This was a rare occurrence so was less of an issue.
sandeepmohan is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 25th November 2020, 22:01   #146
Senior - BHPian

I had tan colour split seats installed. These are longer, and comes with a better rear grab handle (taller, and easier to hold). The seat offers better support to the tail bone, and looks a tad bit darker in real than in the photographs
Attached Thumbnails
Smurfy - My Honda CB350 Ownership Review-img_08011.jpg  

Smurfy - My Honda CB350 Ownership Review-img_0821.jpg  

Smurfy - My Honda CB350 Ownership Review-img_0842.jpg  

Sebring is offline   (21) Thanks
Old 26th November 2020, 07:07   #147
Senior - BHPian

I was on the look-out for Grip Puppies, and traced an genuine import. These are significantly more comfortable, dont slip around or twist on the grips and provide plenty of traction on my gloves. It's very enjoyable to ride with these.
Attached Thumbnails
Smurfy - My Honda CB350 Ownership Review-img_0846.jpg  

Smurfy - My Honda CB350 Ownership Review-img_0848.jpg  

Sebring is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 26th November 2020, 14:57   #148
BHPian

Quote:
I had tan colour split seats installed.
The split seats look pretty neat. If it had a spring (like that of the RE Classic) ride might have become even more smoother with lesser jolts to the spine. Maybe it could come up over time. Glad to see your research and enhancements to your H'ness. Happy mile munching
Jo-G is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th November 2020, 10:52   #149
BHPian

Quote:
I had tan colour split seats installed. These are longer, and comes with a better rear grab handle (taller, and easier to hold). The seat offers better support to the tail bone, and looks a tad bit darker in real than in the photographs
Was looking for someone who has installed the split seats as I could find none on YouTube except for the pricing related videos. Saw some pics in the Facebook owners group and wanted to know if it was longer than stock seat.

I took a test ride last week and came back impressed except my better half asking if the bike is for solo-only purpose. This should help the convincing bit

Thanks for the insight Sebring!

Happy mile-munching

P.S: Can anyone confirm if the twin horns are available as a spare and can it be installed on the DLX version? I don't fancy DLX PRO for the Bluetooth assist and twin tone color scheme but would love to have twin horns

Last edited by srinath34 : 27th November 2020 at 10:56. Reason: Added PS
srinath34 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 27th November 2020, 11:25   #150
Senior - BHPian

Thank you Yes it is slightly longer, so comes with a longer grab rail right out of the box. The old one is packed away. The twin horns are a must have, and they can be installed. They will be offered as accessory. (But, I was told the batteries are different. No idea how true this is)
Quote:
Originally Posted by srinath34 View Post
wanted to know if it was longer than stock seat. P.S: Can anyone confirm if the twin horns are available as a spare and can it be installed on the DLX version? I don't fancy DLX PRO for the Bluetooth assist and twin tone color scheme but would love to have twin horns
Sebring is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks