Team-BHP > Motorbikes
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 28th January 2021, 09:26   #256
BHPian

Re: Smurfy - My Honda CB350 Ownership Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by rakesh_r View Post
Nice one, however for navigation I would invest on a cheap Android or a preowned iphone like the 6s. Read somewhere that the vibrations messes up the sensors of the camera, don't know how true it is.

It does, happened to my Main Driver, Nokia 8.1. The images started having wonky bars in middle. Attaching one example

I was scared that the camera had gone kaput, but my dad solved it by just giving it another bang from the side.
Attached Thumbnails
Smurfy - My Honda CB350 Ownership Review-img_20201002_082456.jpg  

lancia_fanboy is online now   (4) Thanks
Old 31st January 2021, 20:21   #257

@Sebring
Congrats on your purchase.
The thread is really informative and has drool worthy pictures. What's best is the depth of information about various stages of the ownership of the bike is present for prospective buyers.
I do have a Query through !
At any point have you ever felt that the bike is underpowered ? riding solo and with a pillion. what do you feel is the best touring speed of the bike ?

I am yet to test ride the Honda, as no Big Wing Showroom is near me. The closest one is 150 Kms away.
Old 31st January 2021, 21:16   #258
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jerrindanny View Post
I am yet to test ride the Honda, as no Big Wing Showroom is near me. The closest one is 150 Kms away.
Hi @jerrindanny, if you are currently in Chennai as per your profile, there are three showrooms here where you can get the CB350 from. I test rode it at KUN Honda, Adyar. You can also try JSP Honda in Anna Nagar, or SVM Honda in Kilpauk, whichever is closer to your residence.

Cheers!
Turbojc is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 31st January 2021, 21:18   #259
Senior - BHPian

Thank you . Of course, as a biker you always feel this need for more power on the highway or when climbing ghats. But then when you see the bike in context of its competition, power is definitely adequate
Quote:
Originally Posted by jerrindanny View Post
At any point have you ever felt that the bike is underpowered? riding solo and with a pillion. what do you feel is the best touring speed of the bike ?
Old 31st January 2021, 23:36   #260

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turbojc View Post
Hi @jerrindanny, if you are currently in Chennai as per your profile, there are three showrooms here where you can get the CB350 from. I test rode it at KUN Honda, Adyar. You can also try JSP Honda in Anna Nagar, or SVM Honda in Kilpauk, whichever is closer to your residence.

Cheers!
Hi @Turbojc, No I'm not in Chennai right now. Currently working from home in my home town in Kerala. My nearest Big Wing currently is Kochi as of now. Thanks for the info on Chennai showrooms.
jerrindanny is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st February 2021, 07:39   #261
Senior - BHPian

Yes, that's because you are in a lower speed than that gear can carry. Shift to third quickly as that supports you from 20-60 KMPH. Paint chipping on the engine has been reported by one guy on the Whatsapp group, so must be true
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wiley Coyote View Post
Is that because I am at a lower speed than recommended for that gear? The bike can cruise all day in the fourth till 80kmph, well in Kerala once you head south to the capital you don’t get too many areas where you can go any faster... secondly is anyone noticing a few patches of paint chipping off the engine block? Also a few mm’s size paint chipping on the edge of the right engine cover joint area? Any help in either regard will be helpful
Old 1st February 2021, 22:13   #262
BHPian

Quote:
My nearest Big Wing currently is Kochi as of now.
And that is the worst I believe (from personal experience - had booked in October), Honda now have one showroom in Trichur (heard some better review) and yet another in Alleppey.

Last edited by Jo-G : 1st February 2021 at 22:14.
Old 2nd February 2021, 09:19   #263

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sebring View Post
Yes, that's because you are in a lower speed than that gear can carry. Shift to third quickly as that supports you from 20-60 KMPH. Paint chipping on the engine has been reported by one guy on the Whatsapp group, so must be true
What is the recommended solution for the paint chipping? Is there any solution anyone has tried?
Wiley Coyote is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd February 2021, 09:49   #264
Senior - BHPian

Repainting is the only solution. Try harrying for warranty cover, maybe they might replace
Quote:
What is the recommended solution for the paint chipping? Is there any solution anyone has tried?
Old 2nd February 2021, 10:08   #265
BANNED

Quote:
This is a common occurrence with respect to Air Cooled Engines.

Better to live with it or if you're adamant you could claim warranty and get it repainted/fixed but again it's just a matter of usage for the paint to start flaking again.

The only sure shot prevention is to not ride the Motorcycle or use it sparingly, which obviously defeats the logic of owning a Motorcycle.

Regards,
A.P.
ashwinprakas is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd February 2021, 11:01   #266
Senior - BHPian

Hi Ashwin, I think it's to do with the washing with hard water/usage of aggressive shampoo/ jet spray. I'm using a very mild cleaner/treated water. No chips to report. My usage is quite high, so I feel someday this problem could come knocking on my door if I'm not careful
Quote:
Originally Posted by ashwinprakas View Post
Better to live with it or if you're adamant you could claim warranty and get it repainted/fixed but again it's just a matter of usage for the paint to start flaking again.
Sebring is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd February 2021, 13:19   #267
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
How noticeable is the paint chipping? Can you share some pictures? Ideally, you shouldnt worry about it, just claim warranty and have the dealer replace the part. There is no point in you spending out of your pocket for something that is likely to be a manufacturing defect.
neil.jericho is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd February 2021, 21:09   #268
Senior - BHPian

Bought a Motorcycle Cleaner by Muc-Off which is really gentle on the bike. Wet the areas, spray - leave it on for few minutes and wipe clean (Or wash off). I was happy to get this dedicated product.
Attached Thumbnails
Smurfy - My Honda CB350 Ownership Review-img_8609.jpg  

Sebring is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd February 2021, 21:42   #269
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sebring View Post
Hi Ashwin, I think it's to do with the washing with hard water/usage of aggressive shampoo/ jet spray. I'm using a very mild cleaner/treated water. No chips to report. My usage is quite high, so I feel someday this problem could come knocking on my door if I'm not careful
Don't worry much about it is what I have to say. I have a friend who said quality matters cause his Yamaha's paint never chipped, it took a 1000+ KM's ride to show him that every Air Cooled motorcycles paint chips when put through trials.

The paint-job is the last thing you've got to worry about cause in all honesty motorcycles are meant to be dropped!

Regards,
A.P.
ashwinprakas is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 5th February 2021, 07:12   #270
Senior - BHPian

I got a call that the 'Honda Team' is visiting for customer feedback, and would I be interested in a one-to-one session. And boy, what an event that turned out to be. There were two each from R&D, Sales and Tech division - led by their chief Mr Sameer himself. They probed the riders on numerous counts regarding the bike, the usage, likes/dislikes, improvements etc. And I felt the questions were very pertinent. R&D attended to pressing issues in the bike, if any. And of course, none of us had any issues, but I did ask them about problems reported by users on various forums. For eg; oil leak post service. They told me that if the O ring isn't inserted back properly/or if its cracked - this does happen and it applies to any motorcycle. This isn't a factory problem. I asked them to provide iOS support, and they said they are working on it - and should be out in the coming days. So after a thorough inspection and check by the experts themselves on the bikes (took half a day), we returned back home. Overall, a good session.
Attached Thumbnails
Smurfy - My Honda CB350 Ownership Review-img_8690.jpg  

Sebring is offline   (8) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks