Team-BHP > Motorbikes
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 24th September 2021, 22:58   #361
Senior - BHPian

Re: Smurfy - My Honda CB350 Ownership Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by nutcracker View Post
One day, I was out on my KTM, on a highway, empty roads, revving it out on top gear, and just all of a sudden, a Hayabusa literally just flew past me. I was like, damn, that is some serious power. That is something I dont want, but need in my life.
I thought I recognised the restless sprit syndrome. Buy a bike and you are already thinking of the next one. Not very literally though

I always thought you should have checked out that 14 tooth front sprocket for the KTM before saying goodbye to it, since it supposedly takes care of the power low down. Anyways, it’s in the rear view mirror, forget about it.

Do check out the thread on the launch of the third generation Hayabusa on our forum and my fascination of that bike too Hope to ride it someday.

Cheers

Last edited by Cyborg : 24th September 2021 at 23:10.
Cyborg is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 5th October 2021, 11:53   #362
Senior - BHPian

Rode to the spectacular Mallappa Konda with 32 riders (Mostly Interceptors). Did some trekking. Started at 4.30 AM and returned by 12 PM. The roads are really beautiful in TamilNadu. Even in far off places. Smurfy was in the best elements, and was a delight to ride. Post ride wash is a must
Attached Thumbnails
Smurfy - My Honda CB350 Ownership Review-img_8216.jpg  

Smurfy - My Honda CB350 Ownership Review-img_8212.jpg  

Smurfy - My Honda CB350 Ownership Review-img_8374.jpg  

Smurfy - My Honda CB350 Ownership Review-img_8224.jpg  

Sebring is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 12th November 2021, 08:58   #363
BHPian

Thanks to HONDA, the much needed ECU update is here. Now, you can go to mountains without any worries of power loss. Our bike just got better.
Attached Thumbnails
Smurfy - My Honda CB350 Ownership Review-img20211110wa0109.jpg  

manojsolanki87 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd February 2022, 12:05   #364
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sebring View Post
Spotted this windshield mod, taken from the Himalayan. There is the transparent model and dark, as options. What do you think guys?
What did you decide Sebring? The Himalayan windshield doesn't suit the looks of CB. If you have to go for it, then transparent is better than the tinted version. Eagerly following your thread as my personal journey of selecting a bike also seem to lead in the CB direction

Had a long test ride recently through highway and rough roads. The weight distribution, engine refinement, superb suspension and easy maneuverability has really blown me away. To top it all, the anniversary edition offerings look too good!
ram1kv is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd February 2022, 19:25   #365
Senior - BHPian

I've decided not to put a windshield as it robs its looks. The bike is really an all rounder. No complaints so far
Quote:
Originally Posted by ram1kv View Post
What did you decide Sebring? The Himalayan windshield doesn't suit the looks of CB. If you have to go for it, then transparent is better than the tinted version.Had a long test ride recently through highway and rough roads. The weight distribution, engine refinement, superb suspension and easy maneuverability has really blown me away. To top it all, the anniversary edition offerings look too good!
Old 5th February 2022, 10:54   #366
Senior - BHPian

Had back-to-back overseas business trips so couldn't take Smurfy on long rides. Got one opportunity on Friday and rode straight for 9 1/2 hours. Will be two years old soon, but the bike performed as good as new. Gears are smooth, brakes have the right bite, no paint peeling, no rusting, zero issues. Life is good
Attached Thumbnails
Smurfy - My Honda CB350 Ownership Review-img_9474.jpg  

Sebring is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 26th February 2022, 19:30   #367
Senior - BHPian

On long rides my lower back started to hurt and I was contemplating buying a bike suited for long distance cruising. Got Rao Seat Covers to change them. Seat seems fine, but dealing with him was a nightmare. His charges are high and you need to bargain really hard. But finally as you leave, he does manage to extract his pound of flesh. Of late he is inflexible, I got to know. The design, the materials - one needs to be really patient and get the product out. Worked my way to an acceptable quality, as I had a reference design from the UAE (My brother's bike). A new experience, but hopefully the seat should be comfortable (and must last long). I'm not going there again.
Attached Thumbnails
Smurfy - My Honda CB350 Ownership Review-img_2237.jpg  

Sebring is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 4th March 2022, 07:42   #368
Senior - BHPian

A friend wanted to visit St. Philomena's Cathedral, as thanks for favours received. So I tagged along with 'the gang' on the 135Km long trip. An architectural marvel, the Neo Gothic Church was inspired by the Cologne Cathedral of Germany. Bike ride was super smooth. The new seats are great, with no lower-back pain. I can confidently ride all day on these.
Attached Thumbnails
Smurfy - My Honda CB350 Ownership Review-img_2860.jpg  

Old 13th March 2022, 06:49   #369

How good is the stock mirror of the CB 350 in terms of visibility? I feel the mirrors are not placed wide enough to cover the "rear view", rather I find 60% of the field of view covered by my shoulders, in the stock.

Finally added bar end mirrors ( Sumochepin brand)
Smurfy - My Honda CB350 Ownership Review-img_20220225_215114.jpg
Still keeping the stock mirrors as the field of view is very less for the new bar-end mirrors. Maybe it will take some time to get used to.
I don't know if it is a good idea to keep 4 mirrors on my bike!

Last edited by CrAzY dRiVeR : 13th March 2022 at 09:15. Reason: Kindly ensure that you proof-read your posts prior to submission.
Mahesh Rao is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 13th March 2022, 09:43   #370
Senior - BHPian

Well if youre comfortable with four mirrors keep them, but they're distracting from your ride, right? You got the bar end mirrors so you dont need the stock ones to be honest. Those are of not much use anyways. I'd use that groove for a RAM mount or GPS. You can also cover the groove with a dummy stub, so it doesnt look empty
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mahesh Rao View Post
I feel the mirrors are not placed wide enough to cover the "rear view", rather I find 60% of the field of view covered by my shoulders, in the stock
Sebring is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 13th March 2022, 21:25   #371

Actually these bar end mirrors are too small .
What I observed, for instance , was that the bar end mirror helped me to identify the bike behind me and the stock mirror showed me the auto-rikshaw on my right. I guess both are un avoidable blind spots and hence the dilemma !!
But the idea of 2 mirrors on the same side is indeed disturbing as your eyes keep popping from one to the other to get the correct picture which is indeed a distraction and highly not recommended !!! I will stick to only 1 for sure and mostly sounds like the stock one's. Will update in the coming days!
Mahesh Rao is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th March 2022, 21:08   #372
BHPian

Hi Sebring,
Must say you have got a real beauty there and you do maintain it as well as it deserves.
I have also booked My CB350 (Anniversary Edition) and delivery will be on 2nd of April after a thorough search in the market . (Looking for a faithful companion for the next 2 years | Which motorcycle should I buy?)Rest of the details about purchasing experience and all will go live on the forum soon

Currently I am in the process of finalising the accessories to be fitted by the dealership, one of which is giving me a lot of head scratching and when I saw that you have spent a considerable time on Smurfy with that accessory what better option then to get some real world feedback about it.

The accessory in question here is the official Lower Engine guard offered by Honda, It's unique shape is making me wonder about it's real world usability, The dealership guys have also given their honest opinion that any rock thrown by the front wheel towards engine/chassis will be a source of problem in this engine guard design, my personal opinion is that the guard is sturdy and will take care of unusually tall speed breakers and undulations however it is not going to provide wholesome protection (Still not able to get my head around as to why Honda made it like that) and it will disallow addition of any aftermarket sump guard. The alternative options suggested by dealership are -

1. Aftermarket sump guards - The most promising one I can see is the one offered by Zana but frankly speaking I feel it does not go well with the design of CB350 and looks clunky.

2. Get a custom sump guard manufactured after-market - I don't know any manufacturer in my city currently who I feel is competent enough, heat management will also be something to consider if going aftermarket route

The RE sump guards were ruled out because CB350 does not have a fitting point at bottom of engine block (which RE's have) there are two fitting points available in front, according to dealership Honda may come up with a proper sump guard sometime in future but they are not sure about it.

What would you suggest ?

I am personally thinking of going with the official Lower engine guard and when any trip requires then going ahead with the temporary Desi jugaad of fixing a thick Rubber mat along the guard to take care of flying stones (somewhat similar to the mats we see on most bikes ploughing in areas with broken roads)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sebring View Post
The protective bar comes in two parts. That's the lower piece, again very strong
Attachment 2077236
Old 19th March 2022, 23:21   #373
Senior - BHPian

Hey, good luck with your steed. You have highlighted the issue very well, and I suggest you to go with the official lower engine guard. Yeah, I guess you can drill two holes and fix a mat there, no harm. Good CB 350 accessories are hard to come by, and some jugaad is called for
Quote:
Originally Posted by darkLightning View Post
I am personally thinking of going with the official Lower engine guard and when any trip requires then going ahead with the temporary Desi jugaad of fixing a thick Rubber mat along the guard to take care of flying stones (somewhat similar to the mats we see on most bikes ploughing in areas with broken roads)
Old 29th March 2022, 15:34   #374
BHPian

Hi Sebring,

I have been reading your posts regularly and i must say its a neat bike you have. I recently booked the CB350 anniversary edition matt green as its my wife`s choice of color. I need one clarification i.e, the dealer said Honda Smartphone Voice Control system (HSVCS) supports only Android and not IOS. Is it true? Do you have any inputs on timelines for IOS.
Old 29th March 2022, 18:09   #375
Senior - BHPian

Thank you. Yeah unfortunately it supports only android. They told us during purchase-time that ios will be coming soon, but its been 2 years. So i dont have hopes a all
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sudhindra View Post
Honda Smartphone Voice Control system (HSVCS) supports only Android and not IOS. Is it true? Do you have any inputs on timelines for IOS.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks