Team-BHP > Motorbikes
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 2nd September 2021, 19:04   #331
BHPian

Re: Smurfy - My Honda CB350 Ownership Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sebring View Post
Looked up the tech. Here it is - 'In the presence of UV-A light (wavelengths of 320–400 nm), electrons from the glass combine with the colorless silver cations to form elemental silver. Because elemental silver is visible, the lenses appear darker. ... The silver returns to its original ionic state, and the lenses become clear'
[/quote]

@Sebring thanks a ton for this detailed post. I bought my CB 350 DLX pro on 20th Aug. A casual test ride with my wife was all that was needed to buy this beauty immediately. Started renovation work in my house so not finding enough time to go on longer spins, restricted to hardcore city riding. Loving every bit of this beautiful piece of machine. Riding again after a gap of 10 years. Will pen down my experience for sure.

Last edited by Raghunath Singh : 2nd September 2021 at 19:05. Reason: Felt I added something that wasn't relevant.
Raghunath Singh is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 2nd September 2021, 22:27   #332
Senior - BHPian

Hey buddy, Congrats, and what colour did you choose? Enjoy your ride. I'll look forward to your posts [/quote]Sebring thanks a ton for this detailed post. I bought my CB 350 DLX pro on 20th Aug. Loving every bit of this beautiful piece of machine. Riding again after a gap of 10 years. Will pen down my experience for sure.[/quote]
Sebring is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th September 2021, 17:26   #333
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by cr4nkshaft View Post
How did you source them? OTC from Benelli?
Yes bought them over the counter from Benelli service centre.
nerdgalore is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th September 2021, 00:37   #334
BHPian

Hi Sebring,

I picked up a CB350 RS in Red early this week.
Thank you for all the guidance helping me finalise on this one.

I had a 3 week wait time and took delivery on 1st September. I didn’t get a chance to ride the bike much yet. I do have plans for some short rides later this month. I’m now waiting for the HSRPs.

So, while riding back after taking the delivery, I started to get this burning smell and it got me concerned. I immediately parked the bike to a side and called up the Sales Executive. He confirmed that the burning smell was due to the 3M Teflon coating that I had opted from the showroom itself. He assured that the smell would fade away after 3-4 hours. However, I’m yet to ride my bike since then and check
Attached Thumbnails
Smurfy - My Honda CB350 Ownership Review-ba6e98b6af654cb8a2e02e644f4a4024.jpeg  

Smurfy - My Honda CB350 Ownership Review-042e6899155b4317b8cecd6654b6ad25.jpeg  

Last edited by balajisv : 5th September 2021 at 00:40. Reason: Add some pictures
balajisv is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 5th September 2021, 18:02   #335
BHPian

Quote:
Hey buddy, Congrats, and what colour did you choose? Enjoy your ride. I'll look forward to your posts
Thanks a lot Sebring, I opted for the Pearl Night Star Black With Spear Silver Metallic. Blue was a close second, since I've had my previous bike and car in Blue we decided for opt for Black/ Silver. Finally managed to go out for a spin today 😃, maintained speeds within 60-70, so far managed to cover 600 kms. Hope to catch up someday soon with you .
Attached Thumbnails
Smurfy - My Honda CB350 Ownership Review-screenshot_20210905175850.jpg  

Raghunath Singh is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 5th September 2021, 21:24   #336
Senior - BHPian

This colour looks smashing. Thanks for sharing. I dont have much experience with Teflon, but I'm sure the smell goes away. Wish you many milestones with this ride.
Quote:
Originally Posted by balajisv View Post
Hi Sebring, I picked up a CB350 RS in Red early this week. Thank you for all the guidance helping me finalise on this one.
Old 6th September 2021, 09:44   #337
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by balajisv View Post
Hi Sebring,

I picked up a CB350 RS in Red early this week.
Congratulations ! The bike looks smashing in Red, wish you many many thousands of miles on your machine. Please do keep posting your ownership experiences it will help a lot of fence sitters like me
Old 6th September 2021, 09:46   #338
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raghunath Singh View Post
Thanks a lot Sebring, I opted for the Pearl Night Star Black With Spear Silver Metallic.
Congratulations on your new bike it seems to suit your personality How has your driving experience been so far ?
A350 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 7th September 2021, 21:10   #339
BHPian

After the bike stood in couple of rain spells I am facing issue with ignition on / off and handle lock. Has anyone experienced such an issue ? The lock has become super tight and does not rotate freely.

Does anyone recommend any home remedies otherwise heading to Mysore road for small glitch seems a bit of a thing. Please let me know guys and Sebring.

Last edited by groom : 7th September 2021 at 21:11. Reason: Added information
Old 7th September 2021, 22:06   #340
Senior - BHPian

If its not rotating freely I'd use a lubricant. Just spray in some WD40, and you're set.
Quote:
Originally Posted by groom View Post
After the bike stood in couple of rain spells I am facing issue with ignition on / off and handle lock. Has anyone experienced such an issue ? The lock has become super tight and does not rotate freely
Sebring is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 8th September 2021, 13:24   #341
BHPian

Quote:
Does anyone recommend any home remedies otherwise heading to Mysore road for small glitch seems a bit of a thing. Please let me know guys and Sebring.
Quote:
If its not rotating freely I'd use a lubricant. Just spray in some WD40, and you're set.
Please do not use WD-40 on any lock mechanism. This is well documented that WD-40 will cause locks to seize after sometime due to gumming up. This is because WD-40 is a displacement solvent and NOT a lubricant. Just google "WD-40 on locks". Instead use any graphite based lubricant which is a dry lubricant and will not gunk up the lock (pin) mechanism.
Comrade is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 8th September 2021, 13:37   #342
Senior - BHPian

I have used WD 40 for decades without issue. Anyways, there are so many lubricants out there. Can select the better one out
Quote:
Originally Posted by Comrade View Post
Please do not use WD-40 on any lock mechanism. This is well documented that WD-40 will cause locks to seize after sometime due to gumming up. This is because WD-40 is a displacement solvent and NOT a lubricant. Just google "WD-40 on locks". Instead use any graphite based lubricant which is a dry lubricant and will not gunk up the lock (pin) mechanism.
Old 8th September 2021, 21:21   #343
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Comrade View Post
Thank you Comrade and Sebring.
I have chosen to use Parachute Coconut oil, and Oo-la-la, it worked.
Thanks to my grand ma.
groom is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 9th September 2021, 15:48   #344
BHPian

Quote:
I have chosen to use Parachute Coconut oil, and Oo-la-la, it worked.
Thanks to my grand ma.
Humble Parachute to the rescue
Old 22nd September 2021, 23:13   #345
BHPian

I've seen a friend's Highness rust from the chassis and the chrome. Also the black engine paint has started peeling off. Is it an issue with the initial lot bikes that Honda has sorted by now or is it an inherent lack of quality?

Asking because I'm interested in the RS but have become skeptical after seeing the rusting issues online and now first hand on my friend's bike. Owners please suggest.

PS: I live in Bombay, very close to the sea
R.Daroga is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks