Team-BHP > Motorbikes
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 21st January 2021, 13:00   #241
BHPian

Re: Smurfy - My Honda CB350 Ownership Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sam.k View Post
Any noticeable changes after the first service?
Actually the service was done last month itself, just that I saw the spanner pop-up after that.

Yes, I did feel some difference in the 5th gear in terms of power delivery. Perhaps it's because of the chain tightening.
There was no difference in the feel of the suspension. I didn't ask them to do anything with it since reading earlier posts suggested that it's better in the original position. Though I might change it myself sometime and see.

By the way, I did a trip to Chennai yesterday and covered 337 KMs in 5 hours and 20 mins, taking 3 10 minute stops at 120, 240 and 310 Kms.
I mostly rode at speeds of ~110, and the engine was relaxed all the way. I think I got F.E of 30.

Cheers,
Ankush
stealthcraft22 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st January 2021, 13:01   #242
Senior - BHPian

Well, I had a chain rub issue, so that was sorted. Bike becomes too smooth after oil change
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sam.k View Post
Any noticeable changes after the first service?
Sebring is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 22nd January 2021, 17:38   #243
Senior - BHPian

Smurfy gets Quick Grip RAM Mount (Rs4,800), with anti-theft key (Rs750). This is the best I've used, and doesn't have that flappy rubber from the previous model
Attached Thumbnails
Smurfy - My Honda CB350 Ownership Review-e2c11ce2da3848e898ddade9d7bf914d1.jpg  

Smurfy - My Honda CB350 Ownership Review-c9d4359c52704a4c8d8fe9a0988beefa.jpg  

Sebring is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 22nd January 2021, 18:46   #244
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sebring View Post
Smurfy gets Quick Grip RAM Mount (Rs4,800), with anti-theft key (Rs750). This is the best I've used, and doesn't have that flappy rubber from the previous model
Hi Sebring, wouldn’t mounting mobile on bike create heating issues. I thought exposing phone to direct sunlight for extended duration can damage the phone and never really understood how people mount it and use it on long drives. Is there a protective cover to safeguard the phone from heat?
It’s been over 10 years since I last rode a bike and am trying to catch up with latest gizmos now that I am buying a bike again. So Pardon my ignorance.
Vikashmalya is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 22nd January 2021, 19:34   #245
Senior - BHPian

Hi, Protective UV covers are available. In fact my friend uses one. But I have not noticed phone heat up (even in the previous Amazon Basics mount). However, if I charge it on the move (USB C high power), it does heat up slightly
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vikashmalya View Post
Hi Sebring, wouldn’t mounting mobile on bike create heating issues
Sebring is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd January 2021, 16:22   #246
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by stealthcraft22 View Post
Actually the service was done last month itself
Just a question, how long does it usually take to service (the first service)?
Old 23rd January 2021, 20:38   #247
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vikashmalya View Post
Hi Sebring, wouldn’t mounting mobile on bike create heating issues. I thought exposing phone to direct sunlight for extended duration can damage the phone and never really understood how people mount it and use it on long drives. Is there a protective cover to safeguard the phone from heat?
It’s been over 10 years since I last rode a bike and am trying to catch up with latest gizmos now that I am buying a bike again. So Pardon my ignorance.
Vikashmalya, Im just chipping in my 2 cents here. Some mobile holders apparently have plastic covers to keep the phone waterproof but what happens is that the heat from the screen gets trapped in the cover and this can cause some long term issues with the device.

However, there is another issue that can happen when you keep your phone on the holder for long periods of time. The combination of the vibrations and the bad roads can lead to damage of your phones camera sensors. This will cause your pictures to turn wonky. Apple used to replace these parts under warranty but I know of cases where they have realized the cause of it and have denied the warranty claims. I dont know about other brands. So if you are going to use a phone for navigation, it helps to use a cheap old phone instead of your primary phone.

Last edited by neil.jericho : 23rd January 2021 at 20:40.
neil.jericho is offline   (9) Thanks
Old 23rd January 2021, 22:20   #248
Senior - BHPian

They take 3 hours for oil change service. Others are merely inspection
Quote:
Originally Posted by nutcracker View Post
Just a question, how long does it usually take to service (the first service)?
Old 24th January 2021, 10:21   #249
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Nice one, however for navigation I would invest on a cheap Android or a preowned iphone like the 6s. Read somewhere that the vibrations messes up the sensors of the camera, don't know how true it is.

Last edited by rakesh_r : 24th January 2021 at 10:28.
rakesh_r is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th January 2021, 17:19   #250
Team-BHP Support

Had a quick chat with Sebring. So nice to put a face to the handle. Sorry I couldn't meet up afterwards - was getting very late for office.

Noticed the bike because of the beautiful colour scheme and was able to identify Smurfy thanks to the changed seats.

Smurfy - My Honda CB350 Ownership Review-img_20210124_171556_085.jpg

Quote:
I'd still recommend to have the rubber added, if you do highway runs. Even yesterday, heard a case of a phone flying off the RAM mount at speed, only to be saved by the charging cable.
CrAzY dRiVeR is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 24th January 2021, 17:21   #251
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rakesh_r View Post
Nice one, however for navigation I would invest on a cheap Android or a preowned iphone like the 6s. Read somewhere that the vibrations messes up the sensors of the camera, don't know how true it is.
It is 100% true and any phone with an OIS will suffer a similar fate.
Red Liner is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 24th January 2021, 20:27   #252
Senior - BHPian

It's remarkable how you noticed the bike on a busy street and came forth with so much enthusiasm. In that second I realised that you live for biking. Those guys had messed up my order else I'd have come down sooner to catch up. Wanted you to ride the bike and give me some feedback. But I guess, another day then
Quote:
Originally Posted by CrAzY dRiVeR View Post
Noticed the bike because of the beautiful colour scheme and was able to identify Smurfy thanks to the changed seats

This one has claws to keep the phone from flying. But, point noted. TQ
"I'd still recommend to have the rubber added, if you do highway runs"

Last edited by Sebring : 24th January 2021 at 20:28.
Sebring is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 27th January 2021, 21:38   #253
Senior - BHPian

Has anyone uploaded the H'ness CB350 owners manual / service manual on the forum?
Can't find it on the official website.
Old 27th January 2021, 22:04   #254
Senior - BHPian

Its quite a fat book, people will scream at me However, I have uploaded a few pages on specific requests, in the past
Quote:
Originally Posted by parrys View Post
Has anyone uploaded the H'ness CB350 owners manual / service manual on the forum?
Can't find it on the official website.
Old 28th January 2021, 08:14   #255

Hi, just finished a couple of highway runs through the state(Kerala), a few things I found a little amiss was that the bike like to be in the fourth gear and the fifth once engaged post 70kmph tends to have a knocking effect.. it’s like the gears aren’t engaged properly. Is that because I am at a lower speed than recommended for that gear? The bike can cruise all day in the fourth till 80kmph, well in Kerala once you head south to the capital you don’t get too many areas where you can go any faster... secondly is anyone noticing a few patches of paint chipping off the engine block? Also a few mm’s size paint chipping on the edge of the right engine cover joint area? Any help in either regard will be helpful... ��

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks