Team-BHP > Motorbikes
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 5th February 2021, 07:58   #271
BHPian

Re: Smurfy - My Honda CB350 Ownership Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sebring View Post
I got a call that the 'Honda Team' is visiting for customer feedback, and would I be interested in a one-to-one session. And boy, what an event that turned out to be. There were two each from R&D, Sales and Tech division - led by their chief Mr Sameer himself. They probed the riders on numerous counts regarding the bike, the usage, likes/dislikes, improvements etc. And I felt the questions were very pertinent. R&D attended to pressing issues in the bike, if any. And of course, none of us had any issues, but I did ask them about problems reported by users on various forums. For eg; oil leak post service. They told me that if the O ring isn't inserted back properly/or if its cracked - this does happen and it applies to any motorcycle. This isn't a factory problem. I asked them to provide iOS support, and they said they are working on it - and should be out in the coming days. So after a thorough inspection and check by the experts themselves on the bikes (took half a day), we returned back home. Overall, a good session.
Did anyone mention about the 5th gear and the usability of it at bit lower speeds compared to Meteor etc?
sanchari is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th February 2021, 08:19   #272
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I got a call that the 'Honda Team' is visiting for customer feedback, and would I be interested in a one-to-one session. And boy, what an event that turned out to be. There were two each from R&D, Sales and Tech division - led by their chief Mr Sameer himself. Overall, a good session.
Hats off to Honda! !

This is THE way to achieve excellence. Their attention to details, attitude to receive feedback and work on it, concern for quality have made them pioneers in the industry.

Really nice feeling.
gkveda is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th February 2021, 09:11   #273
Senior - BHPian

Think of this as a 4 gear bike. And the 5th is only overdrive. I take it all the way up to 80 in 4th and hold that position in the higher gear
Quote:
Originally Posted by sanchari View Post
Did anyone mention about the 5th gear and the usability of it at bit lower speeds compared to Meteor etc?
Sebring is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 6th February 2021, 22:25   #274

These are the areas where the paint is chipping...
Attached Thumbnails
Smurfy - My Honda CB350 Ownership Review-img_20210206_095234.jpg  

Smurfy - My Honda CB350 Ownership Review-img_20210206_095218.jpg  

Wiley Coyote is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 12th February 2021, 20:02   #275
Senior - BHPian

After a long hiatus I 'off-roaded' to pyramid valley, a mountainous tract outside the city. The beauty of some of these remote places have to be seen to be believed . The bike handled the loose rocks quite well. Side note; The 'steel side-stand' is a new and original accessory from Honda.
Attached Thumbnails
Smurfy - My Honda CB350 Ownership Review-img_9662.jpg  

Smurfy - My Honda CB350 Ownership Review-img_9704.jpg  

Sebring is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 12th February 2021, 22:29   #276
BHPian

I am waiting to see what refresh Honda brings on this. Have been checking periodically on your update. Contemplating on the bike...have yet to see it in person though.

Incidentally, I was at the pyramid valley few days back. Attaching a poor snapshot taken on the phone -

Smurfy - My Honda CB350 Ownership Review-pv.jpg
Miyata is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 13th February 2021, 19:49   #277
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by parrys View Post
Has anyone uploaded the H'ness CB350 owners manual / service manual on the forum?
Can't find it on the official website.
Sorry, happened to see your post just now.

Honda CB350 User Manual PDF. Got it from Honda2WheelersIndia.com website few weeks back. Pretty useful to have it in phone just in case to check some detail on the move
Attached Files
File Type: pdf OM_Hness_CB350.pdf (5.78 MB, 5596 views)
texmonster is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 16th February 2021, 16:45   #278
Senior - BHPian

The CB throws everything, on the road, at the rider. So my friend extended his mudguard by fixing a plastic piece from the RE Meteor. This 'jugaad' works well.
Attached Thumbnails
Smurfy - My Honda CB350 Ownership Review-img_8697.jpg  

Sebring is offline   (10) Thanks
Old 9th March 2021, 15:06   #279
Senior - BHPian

Smurfy dropped in to say hello to his newer cousins, the RS. The new bikes are sporty and very much in the Pulsar bracket I felt. Fit and finish befits a Honda, and the newer features make it stand out
Attached Thumbnails
Smurfy - My Honda CB350 Ownership Review-img_2939.jpg  

Sebring is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 11th March 2021, 11:59   #280
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Smurfy dropped in to say hello to his newer cousins, the RS. The new bikes are sporty and very much in the Pulsar bracket I felt. Fit and finish befits a Honda, and the newer features make it stand out
Sebring, as a former first gen Pulsar owner, I am a little puzzled by your comparison of the new Honda 350 with the Pulsar family. In my mind, they could not be any more different. Let me try to explain.

Once upon a time, the Pulsars were sporty but today, everyone agrees that the styling, parts and development of the Pulsar platforms have stagnated for years (more than a decade even?). Bajaj is content with just milking their cash cows for all that they are worth, while forgetting the essence of the Pulsars from the first few generations.

Can you share your thought process on the similarities between the new Honda 350 and the Pulsars? I know that I am a very disappointed former Bajaj owner and I am very interested to learn a fresh perspective.
neil.jericho is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 11th March 2021, 12:04   #281
BHPian

Looking at the thread & your updates I so wish to ride home with an Honda 350 but Honda thinks we Punekars are not worth it, yet or are they selling the 350s from some other outlet? Does anyone know?
Old 11th March 2021, 13:02   #282
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Engine_Roars View Post
Looking at the thread & your updates I so wish to ride home with an Honda 350 but Honda thinks we Punekars are not worth it, yet or are they selling the 350s from some other outlet? Does anyone know?
I have seen many CB350s in Pune. Pashankar Auto on JM Road is authorized to sell CB350. They do have test ride bike available.
bhppower is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th March 2021, 13:21   #283
Senior - BHPian

Neil, I've sat on the Pulsars and the riding triangle on this bike felt exactly like that. It's pretty tight. I'm only reacting to the styling/seating position, and the fact that both appeal to the same set of buyers. Pulsar quality may have dropped but the fan base hasn't diminished. (Even the Dominars). We have 40-60 of these bikes in our riding group, and they take up 90% of the chatter on Whatsapp They so love their bikes
Quote:
Originally Posted by neil.jericho View Post
Can you share your thought process on the similarities between the new Honda 350 and the Pulsars? I know that I am a very disappointed former Bajaj owner and I am very interested to learn a fresh perspective.
Sebring is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th March 2021, 22:21   #284
BHPian

Quote:
Neil, I've sat on the Pulsars and the riding triangle on this bike felt exactly like that. It's pretty tight.
Hi Sebring, being one of the experienced TBhpian owning the CB350, do you feel that the RS may not be a good option for the older generation (like me in 50s) as a daily city bike cum weekend cruiser? Still contemplating between CB350 and CB350RS hence a bit apprehensive about the rear set footrest on RS (not sure if my leg muscles would cramp on long rides) CB350 did feel comfortable, yet to ride the RS and experience it, but I am sure your feedback would be as good with your expansive knowledge about bikes.
Old 12th March 2021, 16:12   #285
Senior - BHPian

I have seen a lot of guys in their 50s who are really fit. Coming to the RS, I tried the bike and the seating position is quite aggressive. Your foot arches and the body weight is felt on the arms. This is not the bike for your long rides. City rides are more like it. The seat felt firm and nicer, though. But dont take my word for it, just TD both the bikes and arrive at your own conclusion. You never know what clicks.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jo-G View Post
do you feel that the RS may not be a good option for the older generation (like me in 50s) as a daily city bike cum weekend cruiser?
Sebring is offline   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks