Team-BHP > Motorbikes
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 9th August 2021, 11:29   #316
BHPian

Re: Smurfy - My Honda CB350 Ownership Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sebring View Post
I had tan colour split seats installed. These are longer, and comes with a better rear grab handle (taller, and easier to hold). The seat offers better support to the tail bone, and looks a tad bit darker in real than in the photographs
Hi @sebring, How has been your experience with the split seats? Have you done any long distances with it? The stock CB350 seat is notoriously uncomfortable for anything longer than 50 kms of riding. I was thinking of switching to split seats but have heard mixed reactions from some. Do you think they are worth installing?
Old 9th August 2021, 12:27   #317
Senior - BHPian

They're definitely better than stock seats, Bro. But for long distance riding you'll need further bolstering/padding/gel, is my take.
Quote:
Originally Posted by nerdgalore View Post
Hi @sebring, How has been your experience with the split seats? Have you done any long distances with it? The stock CB350 seat is notoriously uncomfortable for anything longer than 50 kms of riding. I was thinking of switching to split seats but have heard mixed reactions from some. Do you think they are worth installing?
Sebring is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th August 2021, 18:01   #318
BHPian

Hi sebring
Got the inclined handlebar raisers and got into a bit of a spot. The clutch cable was rerouted and does not pose a problem. The accelerator cable if rerouted gets an acute bend and am not sure if its safe to reroute it outside the bars. At present there is a bit of a stretch to the accelerator cable. I am not sure whether to go ahead or let it be.
drrajasaravanan is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th August 2021, 22:17   #319
Senior - BHPian

Hi, Can you post a picture of the concerned area please? I'm not noticing any strain
Quote:
Originally Posted by drrajasaravanan View Post
Got the inclined handlebar raisers and got into a bit of a spot. The clutch cable was rerouted and does not pose a problem. The accelerator cable if rerouted gets an acute bend and am not sure if its safe to reroute it outside the bars. At present there is a bit of a stretch to the accelerator cable. I am not sure whether to go ahead or let it be.
Old 21st August 2021, 08:37   #320
BHPian

Quote:
Hi, Can you post a picture of the concerned area please? I'm not noticing any strain
Hi Sebring,
I tried taking a snap but couldn't appreciate the strain in the photo. When I turn the handlebar to the opposite side to the full extent there is an undeniable stretch of the accelerator cable. Though it does not impact the acceleration I am not comfortable and have decided to reroute it. The carbon racing website has also advised to reroute both the clutch and the accelerator cables outside. Attaching the image of the same. I am thinking whether I could get an clutch and accelerator cable which would be 3 to 5cms longer which would help to avoid this rerouting.
Attached Thumbnails
Smurfy - My Honda CB350 Ownership Review-screenshot_20210819190915.png  

Old 22nd August 2021, 11:43   #321
BHPian

Hi Sebring,
After rerouting both the clutch and the accelerator cables outside the shaft there were no issues. Went for a short ride organised by SVM Honda to Mahabalipuram with good breakfast and did not feel the wires getting stretched at any point. The inclined handle bar raisers perfectly suits my needs. Next is the hunt to mod the seats to make It broader, any suggestions.
I thought the blue of Honda is perfect till I saw this well maintained Hudson out for a breakfast run. The 6month old doesn't stand a chance against this 60Y old beauty.
Attached Thumbnails
Smurfy - My Honda CB350 Ownership Review-img_20210822_080956.jpg  

Smurfy - My Honda CB350 Ownership Review-img_20210822_114139.png  

drrajasaravanan is offline   (12) Thanks
Old 23rd August 2021, 13:12   #322
Senior - BHPian

Spotted this windshield mod, taken from the Himalayan. There is the transparent model and dark, as options. What do you think guys?
Attached Images

Last edited by Sebring : 23rd August 2021 at 13:14.
Old 23rd August 2021, 13:46   #323
BHPian

Hey Sebring,

Smurfy looks awesome mate ! I read up that you had some trips on smurfy cool that - in your experience would you think she is good to do about 1k per day or thereabouts like say 800 km - The reason I ask is I currently ride a CBR 250R and its typically a once or at best twice a year outing the usual routes are from Chennai to Shirdi either through Bangalore or HYD basis which extended family I gotta meet - A on off Chennai - Bhutan (2 of us on 2 CBR's). No city rides or super short ones - I do Chennai to Mysore on a regular basis when I avoid flights on work (Thanks to my covid fear the train is ruled out totally).

in summary would a CB350 matchup to the CBR for touring ? my next buy could be based on this , unless there is a TWIN or a multi cylinder which is a dream for me to have. I agree they are two very different categories absolutely but I moved from a RE to a CBR about 8 years ago and get the drift on the differences per se champion - I am supremely happy with the 250R and another plus is Hondas bullet proof reliability as well , its still the same I hope !

Thanks Bud,

Srini
Srini76 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd August 2021, 16:39   #324
Senior - BHPian

Thank you mate. The achilles heel of the bike is its seat. The original seat was no good, so I put this touring seat. Still, it's not the very best. Fix that seat problem (needs padding) and you can do any amount of touring without any discomfort. Rest of the package is just awesome. I have no issues or doubts regarding reliability
Quote:
Originally Posted by Srini76 View Post
in summary would a CB350 matchup to the CBR for touring ? my next buy could be based on this , unless there is a TWIN or a multi cylinder which is a dream for me to have. I agree they are two very different categories absolutely but I moved from a RE to a CBR about 8 years ago and get the drift on the differences per se champion - I am supremely happy with the 250R and another plus is Hondas bullet proof reliability as well , its still the same I hope !
Sebring is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 29th August 2021, 17:02   #325
BHPian

Quote:
I got a pair of Imperiale 400 rear view mirrors (LHS & RHS) from Benelli for my CB350. Costs about INR 1200 a piece. But realised that CB350 has different thread pattern and the RHS mirror does not go in
However, the LHS mirror fits well on both side so need to replace RHS mirror with another LHS mirror. Too bad Benelli does not have it in stock at Noida service center. They say it may take 2 weeks. Will update once I get them installed.
Finally managed to install Benelli Imperiale mirrors on my CB 350, almost 2 months after I procured them. I had to order these adaptors to make the left hand mirror fit. These mirrors provide much better coverage than the stock ones which never inspired confidence while riding.
Attached Thumbnails
Smurfy - My Honda CB350 Ownership Review-314f57d790164d15a3ccc70a4bff91ac.jpeg  

nerdgalore is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 1st September 2021, 18:08   #326
BHPian

Quote:
Finally managed to install Benelli Imperiale mirrors
How did you source them? OTC from Benelli?
Old 1st September 2021, 22:27   #327
Senior - BHPian

Congrats. They look the same. Mine auto-dim in bright daylight. That's a good feature. Do these do that as well? I'd taken them off my friend's Triumph, (And he had sourced it from the UK). The thread wasn't a perfect fit (since I didn't know about these adapters). Used a thread lock filler. In case he takes them back, I'll buy these fab mirrors. Thanks so much for the detailed descriptor.
Quote:
Finally managed to install Benelli Imperiale mirrors on my CB 350, almost 2 months after I procured them. I had to order these adaptors to make the left hand mirror fit. These mirrors provide much better coverage than the stock ones which never inspired confidence while riding.
Attached Thumbnails
Smurfy - My Honda CB350 Ownership Review-img_4924.jpg  

Last edited by Sebring : 1st September 2021 at 22:48.
Old 1st September 2021, 22:41   #328
BHPian

Thanks Sebring. No these don't auto-dim but the quality is good considering the price.
It's a Honda thing, their bikes generally have different thread patterns for mirrors so had to hunt for an adaptor.
I was lucky to get the mirrors off Benelli since there is only one dealer in NCR and it was the last set they had. They haven't got these back in stock in almost 2 months now.

Last edited by nerdgalore : 1st September 2021 at 22:50.
nerdgalore is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st September 2021, 23:51   #329
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Mine auto-dim in bright daylight. That's a good feature.
How does this work, Sebring? I am hearing of such a feature for the first time. I would love to learn more.
Old 2nd September 2021, 08:28   #330
Senior - BHPian

Looked up the tech. Here it is - 'In the presence of UV-A light (wavelengths of 320–400 nm), electrons from the glass combine with the colorless silver cations to form elemental silver. Because elemental silver is visible, the lenses appear darker. ... The silver returns to its original ionic state, and the lenses become clear'[/quote]

Last edited by Sebring : 2nd September 2021 at 08:40.
Sebring is offline   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks