Team-BHP > Motorbikes
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 13th March 2021, 21:06   #286
BHPian

Re: Smurfy - My Honda CB350 Ownership Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sebring View Post
I have seen a lot of guys in their 50s who are really fit.
With due respect to all those who are fit and hale... Stay blessed, fit and hale.
I was only referring to the deteriorating elasticity of tissues and muscles which you may never understand until you reach that stage. No issues I was wrong, asking the wrong question to a wrong person, in a wrong generation. My sincere apologies.
Jo-G is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th March 2021, 07:36   #287
Senior - BHPian

With a lot of night rides planned for summer, felt the need for fog lights. These are only switched on while traversing dark stretches, of course. Picked up crash-guard extenders meant for Kawasaki Ninja (This protects bike from any fall, which the original crash-guard wouldn't). The original wiring is untouched, with just a parallel drawn direct from battery. Earlier in the day I'd installed luggage from Hepco & Becker, as there are long rides planned for the year.
Attached Thumbnails
Smurfy - My Honda CB350 Ownership Review-img_4976.jpg  

Smurfy - My Honda CB350 Ownership Review-99c04d7c224b425b8760dc760cddc284.jpg  

Smurfy - My Honda CB350 Ownership Review-470240efbdff4491bb2b085e22db381f.jpg  

Sebring is offline   (11) Thanks
Old 20th March 2021, 14:56   #288
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Earlier in the day I'd installed luggage from Hepco & Becker, as there are long rides planned for the year.
Bike looks lovely Sebring, happy and safe riding. The box on your pillion seat appears as if it would poke into the lower back if you move around or even otherwise. Guess it must be appearing like that only in photographs. Appreciate clarity on this aspect.

Cheers
Cyborg is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th March 2021, 15:09   #289
Senior - BHPian

Hi Bro, yes it does poke. So I got the plate now
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyborg View Post
The box on your pillion seat appears as if it would poke into the lower back if you move around or even otherwise. Guess it must be appearing like that only in photographs. Appreciate clarity on this aspect
Attached Thumbnails
Smurfy - My Honda CB350 Ownership Review-img_4942.jpg  

Sebring is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd March 2021, 23:47   #290
Senior - BHPian

I was on the look-out for a compact top-box, but the fittings proved elusive. The CB-350 has very little after-market stuff available. Finally, the kind folks at Moto-Usher gave me two days of their precious time - and provided a personalized solution. Installed a base plate (a one-off for my bike) and the box was secured to it using Hepco & Becker's unique magnetic system
Attached Thumbnails
Smurfy - My Honda CB350 Ownership Review-img_5246.jpg  

Smurfy - My Honda CB350 Ownership Review-img_5240.jpg  

Sebring is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 26th March 2021, 21:24   #291

Quote:
With a lot of night rides planned for summer, felt the need for fog lights. These are only switched on while traversing dark stretches, of course. Picked up crash-guard extenders meant for Kawasaki Ninja (This protects bike from any fall, which the original crash-guard wouldn't).
Smurfy looks great with those extenders and the fog lights.
Did you install the extenders on the Honda provided crash guard ? If yes, can you provide a link from where they can be ordered. I'm getting delivery my bike next week and I'm in a dillema whether to go for some off-market crash guard or not, for the same reason that the original crash guard is engine guard but not the legs in the event of a crash. This looks like a good option.

Thanks and Regards,
Satish
Satish_BHP is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th March 2021, 22:28   #292
Senior - BHPian

Honda did provide this crash guard. If you're going off-market, I'd suggest only ZANA with those foot-pegs
Quote:
Originally Posted by Satish_BHP View Post
Did you install the extenders on the Honda provided crash guard ? If yes, can you provide a link from where they can be ordered. I'm getting delivery my bike next week and I'm in a dilemma whether to go for some off-market crash guard or not, for the same reason that the original crash guard is engine guard but not the legs in the event of a crash. This looks like a good option
Old 27th March 2021, 06:25   #293

Quote:
Honda did provide this crash guard. If you're going off-market, I'd suggest only ZANA with those foot-pegs
Thanks for quick response and helping me. If the extenders fit on Honda crash guard, then I'll go with the Honda crash guard.
Can you provide link where I can get the extenders ?
Old 27th March 2021, 08:04   #294
Senior - BHPian

These are available for Ninja, so plz check at any motorcycle store
Quote:
Originally Posted by Satish_BHP View Post
Thanks for quick response and helping me. If the extenders fit on Honda crash guard, then I'll go with the Honda crash guard. Can you provide link where I can get the extenders ?
Old 29th March 2021, 13:58   #295
BHPian

Quote:
These are available for Ninja, so plz check at any motorcycle store
Smurfy - My Honda CB350 Ownership Review-img_3528-2.jpg

Hey Sebring,
What a precise review and follow up write up. Based on yours and some other reviews i have just bought a Blue CB350. Read this full thread and i summed up the following observations and questions:

1) Rear view mirrors are good form Bajaj Avenger.
2) RAM Quick Grip is good but if I do not do tours and use this as just a commuter bike are the Bobo Claw grips (Amazon) are sufficient?
3) Those Ninja sliders on crash guard attached by you are from Kawasaki itself or after market ones?
4) Is PPF necessary? If yes which company and where except for tank its to be done and whats the approximate price?
5) How is the idea to install a Bandidos Pitstop head light grill?
6) What power of auxiliary lights are you using and what are they priced at and which company?
7) Honda person coming to my house for installation of fork boots as the showroom is 200 km away. Would it be easy for him to install or it needs some special stuff?
8) Are those handle bar weights really necessary?

Awaiting your answers.
Regards.
Dr. Kushal

Last edited by SportsMedicine : 29th March 2021 at 14:18. Reason: Spelling mistake. Image addition.
SportsMedicine is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 29th March 2021, 15:04   #296
BHPian

Congratulations on the new bike, wish you many miles of happy and fuss free riding.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SportsMedicine View Post
2) RAM Quick Grip is good but if I do not do tours and use this as just a commuter bike are the Bobo Claw grips (Amazon) are sufficient?
I have been using the Bobo Jaw grip since Jan-2020 (about 7500 KM) in a mix of both city rides as well as highway runs. I've never had any issues with it - the grip is excellent and it clamps to my Bullet 500's handlebar nicely.

I have the one without the charger.
Name:  phone_holder.png
Views: 2471
Size:  158.7 KB

Quote:
The bar-end weights help in reducing the vibrations in the handlebar. If you feel the handlebar has harsh vibrations at some RPMs, you can get them added - otherwise they aren't mandatory.
JoeTheWanderer is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 29th March 2021, 16:19   #297
Senior - BHPian

Thank you so much. To answer;
1. Yes most of my friends have avenger mirrors
2. BOBO Claw grip is excellent. Go for it
3. NINJA sliders are from the SUPERBIKE Store, not sure about its originality but plz. do go for any after-market ones. I'm the first guy to have tried this, just to show that its possible, without having to go ZANA
4. 3M has an accurate PPF film cut-out and it costs 4K. Less known brands are available at all stickering shops
5. I have seen it and you may go for it.
6. These are HJC and 4 LED, 60 WATT. they're 3,300 a pair. Wiring and switch is MADDOG
7. Its easy for him to do it
8. Not really - since the bike is vibe free, till a certain speed
Quote:
1) Rear view mirrors are good form Bajaj Avenger.
3) Those Ninja sliders on crash guard attached by you are from Kawasaki itself or after market ones?
4) Is PPF necessary? If yes which company and where except for tank its to be done and whats the approximate price?
5) How is the idea to install a Bandidos Pitstop head light grill?
6) What power of auxiliary lights are you using and what are they priced at and which company?
7) Honda person coming to my house for installation of fork boots as the showroom is 200 km away. Would it be easy for him to install or it needs some special stuff?
Sebring is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 29th March 2021, 16:34   #298
BHPian

Quote:
Thank you so much. To answer;
4. 3M has an accurate PPF film cut-out and it costs 4K. Less known brands are available at all stickering shops

6. These are HJC and 4 LED, 60 WATT. they're 3,300 a pair. Wiring and switch is MADDOG
Thanks for the quick reply.

3M PPF just for the tank costs 4000 INR or for the complete bike?
Where can i order this HJC/ 4LED/ 60 watts from? Please share the link if possible.
SportsMedicine is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th March 2021, 16:38   #299
Senior - BHPian

3M PPF is for the full tank and sides. HJC was purchased from a local store here, so really am not sure which site is reliable for online purchase (I'm wary of fakes)
Quote:
Thanks for the quick reply.
3M PPF just for the tank costs 4000 INR or for the complete bike?
Where can i order this HJC/ 4LED/ 60 watts from? Please share the link if possible.
Old 29th March 2021, 17:01   #300
BHPian

Quote:
3M PPF is for the full tank and sides. HJC was purchased from a local store here, so really am not sure which site is reliable for online purchase (I'm wary of fakes)
Thanks for all detailing man. One last question and sorry to bug you so much but any idea on wiring for auxiliary lights? How it has been done in your bike? Also does it require cutting the company given wires? Does it void electrical warranty?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks