Team-BHP > Motorbikes

Search this Thread
Old 14th January 2021, 14:56   #226
BHPian

Re: Smurfy - My Honda CB350 Ownership Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by drrajasaravanan View Post
Hi Sridhar,
Got the test drive from Kun Honda in Adayar. The new gold wing is not yet open which will open in LB road adayar. At present the old Honda outlet in kasturibhai nagar is where kun is running the show. Test drive is available albeit for a short distance. You can prod them to get a test drive for 1 to 2km unofficially. There is always a TD vehicle and the team is very enthusiastic to let you try more than once. Just drop in and do the TD.
I took a test ride from this place in the last week of December. The salesman was young, so I could bully him into taking the bike onto the OMR from Madhya Kailash upto the Indiranagar signal, and back to the showroom via Indira Nagar and Kasturibai nagar.

Overall, a brilliant bike. Very smooth engine, slick gearshifts, and seems able to motor on at 40 to 50 kmph in top gear, which will be a boon in city traffic.

The salesman claimed customers are saying they get 40 kmpl in the city. How much is it actually?
sachinnair is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 14th January 2021, 16:11   #227
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sachinnair View Post
The salesman claimed customers are saying they get 40 kmpl in the city. How much is it actually?
Hi,
From what I heard it's around 36kmpl with city driving. I don't think 40kmpl is realistic even on highways. So did you book it yet. Cheers
Old 14th January 2021, 16:28   #228
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by drrajasaravanan View Post
Hi,
From what I heard it's around 36kmpl with city driving. I don't think 40kmpl is realistic even on highways. So did you book it yet. Cheers
Regarding the mileage, I thought as much.
As for booking the bike, no. I have a Gixxer 250 (Review: My Suzuki Gixxer 250), just one year and few months old. I just wanted to test ride this bike to see how it felt, that's all.

I also went to the RE showroom, to test ride the Meteor, and the salesman told me to come next week. He didn't even bother to take down my number.

I test rode the Jawa also. But I suspect the saleman there just gave me his personal bike to ride, and then ignored me. The bike did feel rough, and I didnt like the seating position and speedo console position.
sachinnair is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th January 2021, 18:14   #229
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sachinnair View Post
seems able to motor on at 40 to 50 kmph in top gear, which will be a boon in city traffic.

40 to 50 kmph in top gear? I felt one should be atleast at 70 kmph to slot 5th gear.

I am getting around 37 kmpl in city (Delhi, the infamous heavy traffic).
NH08 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 15th January 2021, 12:19   #230

Thanks for the fantastic review. Very helpful. The last time i rode a two wheeler/bike was probably around 10 years ago. But want to start now and when i came across the highness i instantly fell in love with the whole package. Seriously thinking of picking it up and would love to know your opinion considering this would be kind of a first 'full time' bike for me. For reference I am around 5'10" and would like an easy sitting posture, not punishing for the back. Thanks in advance!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sebring View Post
“You really do meet the nicest people on a Honda”. This is the bike to travel with friends, go on interesting expeditions and cure your wanderlust - while at the same time it doesn’t feel out of place at all in your office parking. A 'gentleman biker’s' best ride, that's CB350 for you. My bright blue Smurfy is welcomed with a smile and the conversations starts with “Wow, nice colour man. Is this available here, in India?” And I just nod my head. Have made so many friends and have had endless conversations, thanks to my Highness, the 'Blue' Blooded Royalty. We Indians have waited a lifetime for a bike (of this capacity) from Honda, and at this price. Here it is. Finally!
Mod Note: Please quote ONLY the relevant bits of a post. Quoting a full, long post inconveniences our mobile readers.

Last edited by Rudra Sen : 15th January 2021 at 13:43.
adeshgunjan is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th January 2021, 21:45   #231
Senior - BHPian

Thanks! The CB 350 wont miss a beat as your entry level bike. The power isn't monstrous, though it is adequate as you twist the throttle. Talking about weight, you wont feel it. Its perfectly distributed. Regarding your height, I've seen a 6 foot tall guy getting comfy on the saddle. So that shouldn't be an issue. Initially, just take it slow n easy - and you should manage just fine
Quote:
Originally Posted by adeshgunjan View Post
Seriously thinking of picking it up and would love to know your opinion considering this would be kind of a first 'full time' bike for me. For reference I am around 5'10" and would like an easy sitting posture, not punishing for the back
Sebring is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 15th January 2021, 22:08   #232
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by adeshgunjan View Post
The last time i rode a two wheeler/bike was probably around 10 years ago. But want to start now and when i came across the highness i instantly fell in love with the whole package. Seriously thinking of picking it up and would love to know your opinion considering this would be kind of a first 'full time' bike for me. For reference I am around 5'10" and would like an easy sitting posture, not punishing for the back.
Go for it! I'm 5'8 and the posture suits me just fine. I got my CB 350 (I refuse to call it the H'ness or Highness) on Jan 4th and started riding after more than 15 years. Enjoying every day now - it's easy to ride, great sound and makes me wonder why I denied myself all these years.
dingolphie is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 16th January 2021, 01:17   #233
BHPian

Hi,

I saw a spanner icon come up on the console today. What does it mean? Only possibilities are that it's either a service reminder or a service alert.
Old 16th January 2021, 06:27   #234
Senior - BHPian

Yeah, youre right. time to service it buddy.
Quote:
Originally Posted by stealthcraft22 View Post
Hi,I saw a spanner icon come up on the console today. What does it mean? Only possibilities are that it's either a service reminder or a service alert.
Sebring is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th January 2021, 09:12   #235
BHPian

Hi,

I saw a spanner icon come up on the console today. What does it mean? Only possibilities are that it's either a service reminder or a service alert. I hope it's just an automatic reminder because I got the service done recently.
Old 16th January 2021, 09:49   #236
BHPian

It's anyone getting a better response from 5th gear after service? Did my first service yesterday, following which I'm finding a decent 5th gear. I don't know if its imaginary, real or just the effect of a tighter chain!
Old 16th January 2021, 18:12   #237
Senior - BHPian

How can that change? What youre noticing is spirited/smoother engine performance, post service/oil change
Quote:
Originally Posted by dingolphie View Post
It's anyone getting a better response from 5th gear after service? Did my first service yesterday, following which I'm finding a decent 5th gear. I don't know if its imaginary, real or just the effect of a tighter chain!
Old 16th January 2021, 18:47   #238
BHPian

Any tank bag / saddle bag recommendation for the CB350?
Old 16th January 2021, 20:09   #239
Senior - BHPian

I've seen these from Rynox, which Honda BigWing stocks at the showroom. Rynox Tankbags are good as well
Quote:
Originally Posted by nutcracker View Post
Any tank bag / saddle bag recommendation for the CB350?
Attached Thumbnails
Smurfy - My Honda CB350 Ownership Review-screenshot-20210116-8.04.01-pm.png  

Old 21st January 2021, 11:53   #240
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sebring View Post
Yeah, youre right. time to service it buddy.
Any noticeable changes after the first service?

Most Viewed