Re: Smurfy - My Honda CB350 Ownership Review

Chanced on this video where the guy actually sold his Interceptor for a CB350
Sebring is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 10th December 2020, 11:39   #167
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sebring View Post
Out went the original mirrors. And in came the 'heavy set', 'full chrome' set. Wider and much better. What Honda should have provided in the first place. Loving it!
Quote:
These were sent over by my friend who was using it on his Triumph. Not sure what make this is, but coverage increased by 50%. And zero vibrations at 90KMPH. It acts like heavy bar ends. In this pic you can make out the better coverage (I hope)
@Sebring, responding to an old query - the mirrors look like the ones from the Benelli Imperiale 400. Would you be able to verify if that is the case?
(Perfect mirrors for the CB350 IMO)

Here's a rider's view of the Imperiale:

Smurfy - My Honda CB350 Ownership Review-imperiale400retrostyle.jpg
(image source: internet)
foxworkz is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 10th December 2020, 12:37   #168
Senior - BHPian

Oh yeah, definitely. These are the ones. Good find! Optionally, I saw the ones on Avenger recently, and they look the part too.
Quote:
Originally Posted by foxworkz View Post
@Sebring, responding to an old query - the mirrors look like the ones from the Benelli Imperiale 400. Would you be able to verify if that is the case?
Old 10th December 2020, 12:52   #169
BANNED

Quote:
Optionally, I saw the ones on Avenger recently, and they look the part too.
I think the mirrors from the Bajaj Avenger are popular for Enfield owners too. The stock ones from Enfield are not that great and I have seen many buy the Avenger ones and get them replaced.

Also it will be easier + cheaper to get the Bajaj Avenger ones over the Benelli's.
a4anurag is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 10th December 2020, 12:53   #170
Senior - BHPian

Can you please guide me on the pricing for both? Avenger and Benelli
Quote:
Originally Posted by a4anurag View Post
Also it will be easier + cheaper to get the Bajaj Avenger ones over the Benelli's.
Old 10th December 2020, 13:15   #171
BANNED

Quote:
Can you please guide me on the pricing for both? Avenger and Benelli
Bajaj Bikes Mirror: Link to Mirror set for Bajaj bikes
  1. Avenger 150 Street - Link
  2. Avenger 180 - Link
  3. Avenger 220 - Link
  4. Avenger Cruise 220 - Link
  5. Avenger Cruise 220 UG - Link
  6. Avenger Street 220 UG - Link

Will update if I get the links to Benelli Imperiale 400's mirror set.
a4anurag is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 12th December 2020, 19:22   #172
BHPian

Wonderful review with some great pictures of your Smurfy and the adorable doggie!

Saw a CB350 on-road recently. It's gorgeous to look at the exhaust sound is unlike any bike I've heard. It has a unique note all in itself.

Wishing you many happy miles on your Smurfy!
FloatingCanvas is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th December 2020, 19:53   #173
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sebring;
I went on only one long ride after the install, and I'm finding it comfortable. More foam padding and a genuine leather cover on top, can take it to another level
What is the height of the seat with the new touring seat installed? I am 162 cms, wondering if it will still be a bit high for me
Old 12th December 2020, 20:12   #174
Senior - BHPian

My friend is 162 cms, and its quite comfortable for him. I'm 165 cms, myself
Quote:
Originally Posted by sanchari View Post
What is the height of the seat with the new touring seat installed? I am 162 cms, wondering if it will still be a bit high for me
Sebring is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th December 2020, 09:29   #175
Senior - BHPian

Wonderful ownership experience written. Also I can see the bondage being developed within a very short duration of 3-4 weeks. This is possible only with Honda

I was always waiting for a mid range bike with 400-500 cc from Honda.

After waiting for more than a year, was disappointed and finalized on Dominar 400 in 2019.

But, now after reading the reviews, looks like i am smitten by CB350

I am now in a dilemma whether to continue with Dominar for few more years and get CB500 some time in 2022-23 or should I think of changing to CB350 now?

Dominar is also very capable bike. Performance wise, its very fast bike (I am really excited with its quick acceleration) and a long distance tourer. I have had no complaints so far. Also, the power is almost 1.8 times compared to CB350. but, only thing I am seriously missing is, that smoothness and vibration free "Honda" feel that I used to get from my earlier unicorn.

What do you guys suggest?

Last edited by gkveda : 13th December 2020 at 09:40.
gkveda is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th December 2020, 12:24   #176
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gkveda View Post

I am now in a dilemma whether to continue with Dominar for few more years and get CB500 some time in 2022-23 or should I think of changing to CB350 now?

If touring is your primary requirement, Dominar might be a better option today(until Honda launches 500cc options, may be even the adv). That would be ideal upgrade from Dominar. Honda seem to be serious about the bigwing strategy. It can only get better once the reach of these bigwing dealerships increase and new models will surely follow.

However if city commute is your primary goal(and those short weekend rides) a 350cc makes sense. It will be a downgrade otherwise !!
rajshenoy is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 13th December 2020, 17:52   #177
Senior - BHPian

Funny that you'd ask this. A popular Youtuber, PradeepOnWheels covered my bike today, and I was riding his Dominar all day. In fact, there are 40 Dominars in our riding group. I just wanted to return it back to him at the soonest. The refinement levels on the CB350 are to be experienced to be believed! I have really bonded with this bike, and I cant think of any other alternatives in the market, right now. We did the Kolar highway, about 180Kms in all, and I was missing my bike the entire duration. The CB is a keeper
Quote:
Wonderful ownership experience written. Also I can see the bondage being developed within a very short duration of 3-4 weeks. This is possible only with Honda
Sebring is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 14th December 2020, 09:42   #178
Senior - BHPian

Biker Boyz checking out the latest hot steppers. We had a kind of shoot out with experienced riders, and both bikes were put to the test. The smooth revs of the CB350 impressed the experienced riders. Seat comfort scored higher on the Meteor. More or less, both were evenly matched, and ended in a tie. LOL
Attached Thumbnails
Smurfy - My Honda CB350 Ownership Review-img_2141.jpg  

Sebring is offline   (16) Thanks
Old 14th December 2020, 16:48   #179
BHPian

Quote:
Dominar is also very capable bike. Performance wise, its very fast bike (I am really excited with its quick acceleration) and a long distance tourer. I have had no complaints so far. Also, the power is almost 1.8 times compared to CB350. but, only thing I am seriously missing is, that smoothness and vibration free "Honda" feel that I used to get from my earlier unicorn.

This was exactly my case as well.. While I loved the performance and some features ( powerful LED headlamps and brakes) of dominar, I absolutely hated the vibrations ( especially when the engine is cold) and also I felt that Dominar is a bit of a top heavy bike ( I have struggled with the bike weight and dropped the bike a few times). I sold my Dominar some time back and booked a customised Meteor 350..

Last edited by IntoTheStorm : 14th December 2020 at 16:50.
IntoTheStorm is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th December 2020, 22:36   #180
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by IntoTheStorm View Post
This was exactly my case as well.. While I loved the performance and some features ( powerful LED headlamps and brakes) of dominar, I absolutely hated the vibrations ( especially when the engine is cold) and also I felt that Dominar is a bit of a top heavy bike ( I have struggled with the bike weight and dropped the bike a few times). I sold my Dominar some time back and booked a customised Meteor 350..

This is telling on the quality of the Meteor! I don't think any other popular bike was as vibey and heavy as the RE's.

Now we have people switching back to RE's as their rides are vibey and heavy!
Mafia is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks