Team-BHP > Motorbikes


Reply
  Search this Thread
914,642 views
Old 24th December 2023, 21:06   #1516
BHPian
 
lazyrev's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2023
Location: Pune
Posts: 133
Thanked: 463 Times
Re: Triumph Speed 400 Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajay0612 View Post
Booked it immediately and was offered ex showroom price of Rs 2.23 L. Will get delivery by weekend.
Welcome to the gang. I have done about 2700 km and am loving every moment with the bike more and more. Wishing you many safe and fun rides!
lazyrev is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th December 2023, 09:17   #1517
BHPian
 
Join Date: Nov 2022
Location: Kochi
Posts: 344
Thanked: 420 Times
Re: Triumph Speed 400 Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sebring View Post
Carbon Racing guys are usually thoughtful to include wires with the risers, in case there is a stretch. Have they stopped now? Just call them to check
They don't have any number/ WhatsApp or email for customer care. Response in FB is close to non existent. They don't include the longer clutch cable either. Overall poor customer care.
Senotrius is offline  
Old 25th December 2023, 11:31   #1518
Senior - BHPian
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 4,104
Thanked: 535 Times
Re: Triumph Speed 400 Review

For those in Bangalore, I was able to cancel both my 400 and 400x booking from Keerthi and got the full refund within a week; did this via call (when they actually called to check when I will be taking the vehicle).

Documents were shared via a WhatsApp number and over which I got the updates.
HappyWheels is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 25th December 2023, 12:36   #1519
BHPian
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 572
Thanked: 703 Times
Re: Triumph Speed 400 Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyWheels View Post
For those in Bangalore, I was able to cancel both my 400 and 400x booking from Keerthi and got the full refund within a week; did this via call (when they actually called to check when I will be taking the vehicle).

Documents were shared via a WhatsApp number and over which I got the updates.
If not going for either, going for Himalayan or stay on purchase?
creative420 is offline  
Old 25th December 2023, 14:50   #1520
BHPian
 
Ratan Prabhu's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2021
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 116
Thanked: 164 Times
Re: Triumph Speed 400 Review

As posted 2 pages back, discount extended till 31st Dec. Pic from Triumph India official instagram account.
Attached Thumbnails
Triumph Speed 400 Review-screenshot_2023122514481760_1c337646f29875672b5a61192b9010f9.jpg  

Ratan Prabhu is offline  
Old 25th December 2023, 14:58   #1521
BHPian
 
Ratan Prabhu's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2021
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 116
Thanked: 164 Times
Re: Triumph Speed 400 Review

Bajaj Auto's response to the Swingarm break incident from last week :
Attached Thumbnails
Triumph Speed 400 Review-img_20231225_145557.jpg  

Ratan Prabhu is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 25th December 2023, 18:25   #1522
Senior - BHPian
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 4,104
Thanked: 535 Times
Re: Triumph Speed 400 Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by creative420 View Post
If not going for either, going for Himalayan or stay on purchase?
My focus moved back to body on 4 wheels, the Jimny
HappyWheels is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th December 2023, 20:04   #1523
BHPian
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Chennai
Posts: 565
Thanked: 467 Times
Re: Triumph Speed 400 Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ratan Prabhu View Post
Bajaj Auto's response to the Swingarm break incident from last week :
Will help ease a lot of negative publicity that was being created especially by folks who don't even own it. Personally I find the quality levels to be good and I hope to have a good long term ownership
Chillout is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 25th December 2023, 21:05   #1524
Senior - BHPian
 
ebonho's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Pune
Posts: 6,264
Thanked: 9,642 Times
Re: Triumph Speed 400 Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ratan Prabhu View Post
Bajaj Auto's response to the Swingarm break incident from last week :
Have fallen at speed on black oce more than once. Himachal. Spiti. Peak winter. -17 degrees.

The bike just slides, like its on glass.

Literally.

Even you slide. And the hurt is mainly from the initial impact.

Sorry man .... ask any rider who has gone down on black ice in the real world.

Cheers, Doc

Last edited by ebonho : 25th December 2023 at 21:06.
ebonho is online now   (7) Thanks
Old 25th December 2023, 23:58   #1525
BHPian
 
lazyrev's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2023
Location: Pune
Posts: 133
Thanked: 463 Times
Re: Triumph Speed 400 Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by ebonho View Post
Sorry man .... ask any rider who has gone down on black ice in the real world.
Hi Doc, I get that you have had a bad experience with replies on the Himalayan thread but are we now going from "minor slip at low speed" on an overabused rental bike to "a slide on black ice couldnt have been that bad"?

How do we know that there was no rock in the path of the collision? A lot can go wrong but at the same time a lot might not have.

I think it is fair to say nobody except the person who rode the bike, and maybe the person who rented the bike has all the information. We can err on the side of caution but we can also try to keep perspective of the situation and that it was not a normal occurence at all, even for a bike classified as a scrambler.
lazyrev is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 26th December 2023, 08:47   #1526
BHPian
 
Join Date: Oct 2022
Location: Pune
Posts: 191
Thanked: 336 Times
Re: Triumph Speed 400 Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ratan Prabhu View Post
Bajaj Auto's response to the Swingarm break incident from last week :
So about this, I've had a few days to get in touch with my contact at Bajaj about this. The swingarm in question, according to the team at customer support, was analyzed by the service center for what exactly happened to it. Turns out, the black ice was in patches, and the road was rough enough and rider was moving fast enough that when he skidded, the swingarm took the load because of his skid angle and road undulations and literally wore down like a racing bike foot peg, hit a bump in the road, and shattered. According to them, this would be impossible to do at a speed of less than 100 at the moment he hit the ice. According to them, they've seen damage like this on Adv 390s when someone went exuberantly over pure rocky terrain or in river crossings. Apparently the crash bars also shattered much before the swingarm.

The Scrambler, apparently due to it height and therefore different contact points would do better and probably not break its swingarm. The Speed, however much people will bash it, is not a bike for such pure idiocy.

Last edited by AulusGabinius : 26th December 2023 at 08:48.
AulusGabinius is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 26th December 2023, 08:49   #1527
BHPian
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Haridwar
Posts: 424
Thanked: 444 Times
Re: Triumph Speed 400 Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by davelok View Post
Yes, well you'd need a Harley sized windscreen to protect the head, but this one also works as intended. I'm 5'8", and sit a bit more upright now after having installed pullback handlebar risers.
Hi, can you please share which handlebar risers? Any photos, your experience with these?
ajay0612 is online now  
Old 26th December 2023, 09:27   #1528
BHPian
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Haridwar
Posts: 424
Thanked: 444 Times
Re: Triumph Speed 400 Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by AulusGabinius View Post
... when he skidded, the swingarm took the load because of his skid angle and road undulations and literally wore down like a racing bike foot peg, hit a bump in the road, and shattered. According to them, this would be impossible to do at a speed of less than 100 at the moment he hit the ice.
The Scrambler, apparently due to it height and therefore different contact points would do better and probably not break its swingarm. The Speed, however much people will bash it, is not a bike for such pure idiocy.
Apparently Speed 400's swing arm is hollow, made of aluminum, such mostly used for high performance and racing bikes. 400x is also using the same swing arm. It can at best be a soft-roader.

Both these bikes are to be used on-road and used at much lower speeds for broken patches.
ajay0612 is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 26th December 2023, 09:39   #1529
BHPian
 
Ratan Prabhu's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2021
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 116
Thanked: 164 Times
Re: Triumph Speed 400 Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by AulusGabinius View Post
The Scrambler, apparently due to it height and therefore different contact points would do better and probably not break its swingarm. The Speed, however much people will bash it, is not a bike for such pure idiocy.
The bike in question with the broken swingarm is Scrambler 400x and not Speed 400. It is also evident from the original photos of the broken swingarm (can make out from the tyre pattern, footpeg and the white sideplate below the seat - all 3 of which are only present on scrambler 400x)

But I get your point. I hope this is still just a one off.
Ratan Prabhu is offline  
Old 26th December 2023, 10:25   #1530
Newbie
 
Join Date: Oct 2023
Location: Bengaluru
Posts: 6
Thanked: 5 Times
Re: Triumph Speed 400 Review

Hi,
This is my first post on Team-Bhp and thank you for making me a member of this family.
I am a proud owner of Triumph Speed 400. Received my bike in the month end of September 2023 from Keerthi Triumph, Bangalore and got it first serviced in the month of November 2023. Completed 990km so far with the bike.
Just would like to check with the folks from Bangalore, if any one received the RC card for their Speed 400?
I have received the below whatsapp message from Keerthi Triumph on 05 December 2023 but I ignored the message as I was busy with my work. Yesterday, 25 December 2023 I received a call from Keerthi Triumph to follow up on the same and they asked me to forward the photos at the earliest. I asked them the purpose and the lady replied that they need to upload these photos into the RTO portal and then only the RC card will be issued. I asked the lady that I received the number plates during the bike delivery time itself and why this process was done before and she didn't had a proper answer. However, I have sent them the photos yesterday.
Does anyone received this message and enquired about it?
Triumph Speed 400 Review-screenshot_20231226095724_whatsapp.jpg
triumphant is offline  
Reply

Most Viewed
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Copyright 2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks