Team-BHP > Motorbikes
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 27th December 2023, 11:24   #1546
BHPian

Re: Triumph Speed 400 Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by JithinR View Post
All this was complemented with a decently compliant suspension, but I couldn't actually grab the tank with my thighs (currently ride a RTR 200). That kind of threw me off and made the whole experience awkward.

After this whole debacle, I didn't even bother asking for the Scrambler test ride and rode my bike out.
Jithin, I'm sorry you didn't find the bikes to suit your purpose.

I hope the H450 is the bike you need and deserve.

Do keep us informed on your purchase decision.

Best wishes and happy miles!
Raskolnikov.R is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th December 2023, 15:29   #1547
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by triumphant View Post
@pratik_terni - Were you able to check whether HSRP number is updated against your vehicle's registration number?
Where should I be checking this?
I received my HSRP plates when the vehicle was delivered.

Quote:
Originally Posted by aston_martyr View Post
When did you take delivery of your vehicle? I was told during delivery last week that it would take 3 months for the RC to arrive. This is from Keerthi Triumph as well.
I took delivery on 18th October. The SA had suggested the same timelines to me regarding RC card delivery dates.
On one of the conversations with the SA regarding complaints that I had raised, the SA mentioned that the images had to be uploaded on the portal.
pratik_terni is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 27th December 2023, 15:57   #1548

Quote:
Originally Posted by pratik_terni View Post
Where should I be checking this?
I received my HSRP plates when the vehicle was delivered.
I am also not sure where exactly to look for HSRP number against the registration no. in the parivahan portal but when I searched with my registration application number in the portal, looks like HSRP status updated just today after I uploaded the images on 25 Dec 2023. I believe it was showing as Not available earlier.

Triumph Speed 400 Review-screenshot-20231227-154856.png
Old 27th December 2023, 16:34   #1549
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by triumphant View Post
I am also not sure where exactly to look for HSRP number against the registration no. in the parivahan portal but when I searched with my registration application number in the portal, looks like HSRP status updated just today after I uploaded the images on 25 Dec 2023. I believe it was showing as Not available earlier.

Attachment 2549520
My HSRP status section says it was done on 30th November. I shared my photos on 28th.
Where did you upload your images?
Can you share details/navigation? It will help others here who are waiting for their RC cards.

Also, now that you've uploaded the images, your RC card will most likely get dispatched in 15 days. At least that's what happened in my case.

Last edited by pratik_terni : 27th December 2023 at 16:38.
Old 27th December 2023, 17:00   #1550

Quote:
Originally Posted by pratik_terni View Post
Where did you upload your images?
Can you share details/navigation? It will help others here who are waiting for their RC cards.
I have not uploaded them anywhere. I was contacted by the Keerthi Triumph representative to share the photos and I have shared them through whatsapp. They would have uploaded in parivahan portal.
Old 27th December 2023, 19:01   #1551
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by JithinR View Post
@HappyWheels, can you please provide the WhatsApp number that you used to cancel the booking? DM would be fine.
Please clear up your inbox. Unable to send PM.
Old 27th December 2023, 20:08   #1552
BHPian

I got following message from RTO on Dec 20 for RC dispatch:

RC No. KA01JZ**** dispatched on 20_Dec_2023 and can be tracked using Speed Post Tracking no. *******. Thanks, BENGALURU CENTRAL RTO

Generally speed post delivers locally in 2-3 days, but no update. I am also unable to track the courier on India post website.
Yesterday I went to HSR Layout RTO to get the update, sometimes they also handover the RC. They mentioned that JZ series will be sent over post and I will get call from postman in 10 days from receiving the SMS.

Waiting for Mr. Postman

Last edited by manson : 27th December 2023 at 20:18.
CityRyder is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th December 2023, 01:09   #1553

Quote:
Originally Posted by CityRyder View Post
I got following message from RTO on Dec 20 for RC dispatch:

RC No. KA01JZ**** dispatched on 20_Dec_2023 and can be tracked using Speed Post Tracking no. *******. Thanks, BENGALURU CENTRAL RTO

Generally speed post delivers locally in 2-3 days, but no update. I am also unable to track the courier on India post website.
Yesterday I went to HSR Layout RTO to get the update, sometimes they also handover the RC. They mentioned that JZ series will be sent over post and I will get call from postman in 10 days from receiving the SMS.

Waiting for Mr. Postman

Hey man, got this message last week. Still no update. I'm expecting it to be delivered by next week.

Will update here once I get the RC card.
ritwiknagappa is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th December 2023, 01:11   #1554

I got a call from Keerthi Triumph asking me to come for an ECU update, and general service. This is after my first service.

It's apparently not counted as an annual service, but as a maintenance thing.

Any other Bangalore folks received the same comms from Keerthi Triumph?
Old 28th December 2023, 21:31   #1555
BHPian

I've just had a weird experience since the last 3 days. When I ride my S400 for 12-15 km in light to moderate traffic and park it, there is some coolant leakage (around 5-10 ml). Today I traced it to the overflow rubber pipe from the reservoir. This has happened twice in the last 3 days. Is this normal? Or should I get it checked? The radiator fan seems to be working fine.
Google search hasn't revealed this issue with any other S400 in India. The traffic has not even been heavy, the weather has mostly been cool in Pune (sub-20 degrees). Also, this didn't happen on my 2 Mumbai -Pune rides.
My odo is at around 1300km and my first service was on 1 Nov. Rode it for approximately 700km since then without incident, including one Pune-Mumbai-Pune run in the daytime. So I'm not really sure why this ha suddenly cropped up now.
Old 28th December 2023, 22:11   #1556
BHPian

Bought Speed 400 today at introductory price of Rs 2.23 L from Krishna Automobiles, Chandigarh.

Requirements:
For last many years I was looking to buy a bike for solo drives, especially among mountains (Cars are a bit limiting due to their size, one has to be careful and also parking is an issue). So wanted the bike to have good torque, power, suspension.

Further, perhaps it was going to be my last bike purchase, so had to be chosen wisely. Budget was Rs 3L ex-showroom max.

Other bikes considered
Dominar, Jawa, Bullets felt too heavy to lift off the stand so not considered. Duke appeared too sharp and edgy for my age (50 Yrs), IMO a modern-retro bike would be better fit.

CB350:
Since its launch, I was quite impressed by its look. It felt not too heavy. However response was lethargic and gears never felt right. 60kmph in 5th gear was barely manageable, as it would take ages to increase speed further. Response felt delayed in 2nd gear onwards. Reluctantly rejected.

Harley x440:
The specs seemed alright. Booked on launch. Seating position was quite comfortable. It didn't feel too heavy. However during test drive, it also felt lacking in power in 5th and 6th gear. Booking cancelled.

Himalayan 450:
How could one ignore it after so many rave reviews? Booked it when price was revealed. Nevertheless I was apprehensive about its weight and seat height ( I am 165cm tall, have 67 kg wt). When it arrived at showroom in my city in Nov, I went for checking it out. It seemed quite beautiful. However when seated, I was tiptoeing and was not able to even lift it off the side stand. Was extremely disappointed. Booking cancelled.

However in the meantime went through many articles, blogs and quora replies to understand which seating position is best for long touring. Most recommendations were for having a seating position slightly forward leaning and feet under the hips. So Speed 400 came into consideration.

Speed 400:
Just to take a chance, sent whatsapp message to Triumph and got reply that introductory price was still available till 31 Dec. However still wanted to see if I can handle it (as Jawa had similar weight but felt too heavy to me). Called Krishna Triumph Chandigarh (nearby showroom to Uttarakhand) to know if somebody in my city has taken a delivery. They, after talking to a customer from Dehradun, provided his number. He graciously agreed to let me try it. Surprisingly the bike felt quite light (similar to other 200-250cc bikes) and was easy to handle. Immediately booked it and took delivery today.

Drove it from Chandigarh to my home in Haridwar, a 235km ride. Boy, what a ride it was! Bike pulls in all gears, there is always power on tap. I could slow down to 50kmph in 6th and it could gain brisk speed without stalling. Engine never felt stressed, no heat. It gave me a triumphant feeling, a feeling of being connected, not being cowered down by large vehicles et al.

This bike is the best thing happened to person of my size, middle class and biking community in general. Its fit and finish is impeccable and among the biggies in Triumph showroom, it does not feel outclassed. Considering our roads, I don't need anything more.
Triumph Speed 400 Review-1703777711636.jpg
Thanks a lot.

Last edited by ajay0612 : 28th December 2023 at 22:16. Reason: spelling correction
ajay0612 is offline   (20) Thanks
Old 28th December 2023, 22:19   #1557
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by spectre13 View Post
I've just had a weird experience since the last 3 days. When I ride my S400 for 12-15 km in light to moderate traffic and park it, there is some coolant leakage (around 5-10 ml). Today I traced it to the overflow rubber pipe from the reservoir. This has happened twice in the last 3 days. Is this normal? Or should I get it checked?
If you have confirmed that the leak is from the coolant overflow rubber pipe, then I see it as the reason being the service center guys topped up the coolant during service but it wasn't required.

What happens in liquid cooled bikes is that the coolant is in circulation when the engine is ON. It keeps flowing through the engine (coolant circulation paths in engine) and the radiator. Any excess requirement of the coolant is sucked from the reservoir.

There is a chance that when your mechanic checked the coolant level in reservoir, there must be some coolant in circulation and also in the radiator which made the reservoir coolant level to appear lower. So he topped up to the upper limit. This caused the overall coolant (reservoir + engine + radiator) to be in excess. This is being let out from the coolant overflow pipe.

Visit service center and get the excess coolant removed. Should be a 15 min task at max.
Ratan Prabhu is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 29th December 2023, 10:50   #1558
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by spectre13 View Post
I've just had a weird experience since the last 3 days. When I ride my S400 for 12-15 km in light to moderate traffic and park it, there is some coolant leakage (around 5-10 ml). Today I traced it to the overflow rubber pipe from the reservoir. This has happened twice in the last 3 days. Is this normal? Or should I get it checked? The radiator fan seems to be working fine.
Google search hasn't revealed this issue with any other S400 in India. The traffic has not even been heavy, the weather has mostly been cool in Pune (sub-20 degrees). Also, this didn't happen on my 2 Mumbai -Pune rides.
My odo is at around 1300km and my first service was on 1 Nov. Rode it for approximately 700km since then without incident, including one Pune-Mumbai-Pune run in the daytime. So I'm not really sure why this ha suddenly cropped up now.
Have you checked the level of coolant, you need to keep bike straight to know that. Youtuber ‘Travel and bite’ had the same issue, service station informed him that coolant was over the required level and that why it was overflowing. Hope no other issue.
CityRyder is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th December 2023, 11:04   #1559
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ratan Prabhu View Post

There is a chance that when your mechanic checked the coolant level in reservoir, there must be some coolant in circulation and also in the radiator which made the reservoir coolant level to appear lower. So he topped up to the upper limit. This caused the overall coolant (reservoir + engine + radiator) to be in excess. This is being let out from the coolant overflow pipe.

Visit service center and get the excess coolant removed. Should be a 15 min task at max.
Thank you for the detailed explanation. But it's been 700+ km and almost 2 months since my service, could this still happen after all this time?
Old 29th December 2023, 11:06   #1560
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CityRyder View Post
Have you checked the level of coolant, you need to keep bike straight to know that. Youtuber ‘Travel and bite’ had the same issue, service station informed him that coolant was over the required level and that why it was overflowing. Hope no other issue.
Yes, will be checking that today after I figure a way to keep the bike upright without scratching the tank. Hopefully it's nothing serious.
spectre13 is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks