Team-BHP > Motorbikes
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 31st December 2023, 18:52   #1576

Re: Triumph Speed 400 Review

I am getting a squeaky sound from the cables that go inside the fork, when turning the handlebar. Anyone else facing such an issue? Any solution?
Old 2nd January 2024, 11:52   #1577

Quote:
Originally Posted by ritwiknagappa View Post
Hey man, got this message last week. Still no update. I'm expecting it to be delivered by next week.

Will update here once I get the RC card.
Finally! Got the RC by speed post today.

But as I'd mentioned in my post, the keerthi agent messed up my pin code. I had already escalated this to the team but no action was taken.

When I get the time, I'll look into how to get this rectified.
Old 2nd January 2024, 17:19   #1578
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ritwiknagappa View Post
Finally! Got the RC by speed post today.

But as I'd mentioned in my post, the keerthi agent messed up my pin code. I had already escalated this to the team but no action was taken.

When I get the time, I'll look into how to get this rectified.
I handed over my RC card to the SA at Keerthi for correcting my name and address. This was done on 20th December and am currently waiting for an update.
pratik_terni is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd January 2024, 20:14   #1579

Quote:
Originally Posted by pratik_terni View Post
I handed over my RC card to the SA at Keerthi for correcting my name and address. This was done on 20th December and am currently waiting for an update.
Thanks for sharing! I thought they could just do it online.. wasn't sure if I had to hand over my RC card. That's disappointing. Looks like I'll have to go bug the folks at Keerthi again
Old 2nd January 2024, 20:28   #1580
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ride_by_wire View Post
I am getting a squeaky sound from the cables that go inside the fork, when turning the handlebar. Anyone else facing such an issue? Any solution?
This is a common occurrence and happens to a lot of bikes. Try manipulating the cables by moving them around and see if that resolves the issue. There must be a point where the cables rub against each other or a panel/part. A little grease might also help.
kedar3223 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd January 2024, 13:41   #1581
Senior - BHPian

In the 1st service, BUB SC flashed an update on my S400 post which I could see Offroad mode in the menu/settings. I spoke to the SC engineer and he mentioned that the update is taken as per VIN number and so not a chance that they ight have flashed Scrambler software on my S400.

Anyone else has seen this new offroad mode in settings post software update (Nov'23)?
neoonwheels is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd January 2024, 14:25   #1582
BHPian

When the bike stalls, does the 'low oil pressure warning' light up for any of you folks? Yesterday I did notice. I'll check if it recurs and then visit the SC.
Old 3rd January 2024, 14:38   #1583
pv5

This is normal and along expected lines. For reference from manual:
Triumph Speed 400 Review-img_5356.jpg
pv5 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd January 2024, 14:45   #1584
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by neoonwheels View Post
In the 1st service, BUB SC flashed an update on my S400 post which I could see Offroad mode in the menu/settings. I spoke to the SC engineer and he mentioned that the update is taken as per VIN number and so not a chance that they ight have flashed Scrambler software on my S400.

Anyone else has seen this new offroad mode in settings post software update (Nov'23)?
I had asked Riya Triumph about this when they flashed my ECU again for the DTE fix, but they said there was no offroad mode for Speed 400.
davelok is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd January 2024, 23:50   #1585
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajay0612 View Post

This bike is the best thing happened to person of my size, middle class and biking community in general. Its fit and finish is impeccable and among the biggies in Triumph showroom, it does not feel outclassed. Considering our roads, I don't need anything more.

Thanks a lot.
Hearty congratulations sir. Coming back to biking at your age and then getting to relive your youth. Nothing like it. Your last line summed it up best. I wish you many a happy and safe mile ahead. Ride hard and Ride safe!
MadRasTan4986 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th January 2024, 00:08   #1586
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kap04 View Post
When the bike stalls, does the 'low oil pressure warning' light up for any of you folks? Yesterday I did notice. I'll check if it recurs and then visit the SC.
This is isnt specific to the stalling issue. You will see the oil pressure warning light up even if you use the engine kill switch. It is the normal shut off procedure.
lazyrev is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 5th January 2024, 15:20   #1587
BHPian

For the last 2 refills, I have started to use premium petrol versions (HP Speed and Indian Oil X95) - I see change in vibrations and acceleration is even smoother. The mileage is also better, last I got was 33 KMPL on mostly city/ partially open roads. Definitely worth a try. I know some people who always prefer premium petrol over normal one.

Even I have started to use premium petrol in my Honda City, mileage has increased from 11.5 to 13.5KMPL in city with even more smoother engine.
CityRyder is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 7th January 2024, 13:25   #1588
BHPian

Installed Carbon Racing Pull Back Handle Bar Riser

I have ordered the Carbon Racing Pull Back Handle Risers for a more comfortable mile munching. My height is 5’7” and the distance between the seat and handle bar required me to lean a little. After installing the risers the seating posture is more upright with less stress on the shoulders.

This is the stock set up…
Triumph Speed 400 Review-0b5668890a9841829bd5721a794d795e.png

After installing…
Triumph Speed 400 Review-img_6972.jpeg

Posture after installation
Triumph Speed 400 Review-80130b9f923a41dfa4eb620cab702708.jpeg

Review:
Installed the risers myself at home. The installation is pretty straightforward. The stock cables were sufficient, no need to change any cables. And there is no tension while moving the handlebar. But the cables are almost at their limit. After installing, took the bike for a little ride. It felt nice on the wrist and shoulders. Overall I am happy with it.

But the quality of the risers could have been better. The paint quality is not up to the mark and there is some gap between the clamp and the risers even after using full torque. I hope Carbon Racing fine tune their product in the coming batches.
itsMridul is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 11th January 2024, 14:31   #1589
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by spectre13 View Post
When I visited BUB Triumph Chinchwad on 29 Dec, they informed me that the current service camp was initiated for 3 things: ECU update (new version released around 45 days ago), console issues (DTE and fuel gauge error), and some parts inspection for "warranty issues". The camp started on 18 Dec and they said they are making calls to all initial S400 owners nation-wide to call them for this camp. They are also making these updates for all walk-ins and routine first/second service visitors.
So in case you haven't serviced your bike after 18 Dec, please do call your local service center and ask about this camp. Hopefully the current ECU update should sort this issue.
This is true. My first service was done around November start. They called me and asked me to get the bike updated. This happened yesterday and ever since there hasn't been any stalling issues.
theconfusedguy is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 11th January 2024, 15:32   #1590
BHPian

I am unsure if this is an issue or not but here goes. Hearing this ticking noise from the engine after running for about 20 mins. T Not sure if other Speed 400 owners have a similar issue? Please do let me know.
Myself and another 400X owner are facing this on the forum as far as i know.

My vehicle - 400X

Couple of other similar cases.

Case 1:
Speed 400
https://www.reddit.com/r/indianbikes...ke_sound_from/

Case 2: Speed 400 - Apparently this guys vehicle has been in the service center for more than 20 days now without any concrete root cause provided.
https://www.reddit.com/r/indianbikes...0_issue_is_it/

The only common thing between the bikes has been the color all 3 are red.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks