Team-BHP > Motorbikes
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 27th July 2023, 18:41   #181
BHPian

Re: Triumph Speed 400 Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by gtx2 View Post
For Pune, I also got a call yesterday. They mentioned 2nd week of Aug for test rides.
Yes, one of my friend who has booked Triumph Speed 400 in Pune got confirmation - "test drive starts from 5th august in Pune and delivery from 10th Aug"

Last edited by Axe77 : 29th July 2023 at 14:26.
vzvish91 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th July 2023, 19:04   #182

Visited Triumph Andheri yesterday, got stuck in traffic afterwards for close to an hour near Mogra underpass just to rejoin Western express highway. But it was worth it, to see some of those machines for the first time up close and also to indoctrinate my wife to the idea of a bike joining us soon. I can't imagine myself lifting most of those machines from their side stand.

Key takeaways from the discussion:
  1. My booking ID is 202307050066xx. Rep said ID does not directly translate to the first 10000 booking of speed 400 and they are looking at the date of booking, I guess they know on what day the first 10000 got over.
  2. I opted out of whatsapp and haven't got any SMS till date other than the booking confirmation. They checked details using my registered phone number in their system, confirmed I am in the first 10000 and said I am 7xx (west zone allocation?) Expected delivery is in September.
  3. They will give me a call soon for the test ride and I could confirm my booking by paying Rs. 25,000, if I am sure.

Last edited by Axe77 : 27th July 2023 at 19:18. Reason: Minor typo.
DaniBoy is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 28th July 2023, 11:20   #183
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaniBoy View Post
Visited Triumph Andheri yesterday, [/list]
Have the display bikes arrived at Shaman? I had messaged them on Wednesday and they said it's expected by next week, but wouldn't commit to a date. Meanwhile, they have called me 3 times so far to ask me to make advance payment, but I refused, saying that I will commit only once I have seen and test-ridden. Their finance guy also called to check if I would pay in full or get finance from them. Why this push to pay before letting us get a look and feel of the bike?

Last edited by spectre13 : 28th July 2023 at 11:22. Reason: Corrections and additions
spectre13 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 28th July 2023, 11:34   #184

No, Speed 400 was not on display. But the shop was busy with electricians working on spot lights and new trainees working in groups with their laptops.
DaniBoy is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th July 2023, 11:54   #185
Team-BHP Support

Triumph in Mumbai

1. I had spoken with a few contacts at the Mumbai dealership. I expect their demo / test ride bikes to be in place by around Wednesday / Thursday next week (post PDI etc and related formalities).

2. Expect more dealer touch points in Mumbai as well. There’s going to be the existing Andheri plus Navi Mumbai. Will have one in South Mumbai too in the near future.

3. I believe given how (relatively) thin dealer margins are likely to be on these mass offerings (on a per bike basis), dealership will want multiple touch points under their own banner. So expect numerous touch points from Shaman itself under this broader outreach.

While I understand the commercial motivation from a dealer’s standpoint, in a perfect world, I’d like to see different franchise owners in the same city. Else its like Landmark having a monopoly on Jeep. If service levels are low, you’re still stuck with the same franchise - just with multiple locational touch points.

Personally, I find Shaman excellent on all fronts so I don’t have a concern as a Mumbai customer but just making the point in general terms.

4. Thankfully, in cities like Bangalore, its evident they are widening their franchise beyond Keerthi given the latter’s dismal sales and service track record. I hope this is a trend in other cities too so that there’s a natural check and balance which favours customers.

EDIT: Even as we speak of new touch points, just saw this update from Shaman. New showroom opening at Thane.

Triumph Speed 400 Review-img_3829.jpeg

Last edited by Axe77 : 28th July 2023 at 18:12.
Axe77 is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 28th July 2023, 11:55   #186
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by spectre13 View Post
Have the display bikes arrived at Shaman? I had messaged them on Wednesday and they said it's expected by next week, but wouldn't commit to a date. Meanwhile, they have called me 3 times so far to ask me to make advance payment, but I refused, saying that I will commit only once I have seen and test-ridden. Their finance guy also called to check if I would pay in full or get finance from them. Why this push to pay before letting us get a look and feel of the bike?
Strange behavior . I personally am going hold my Speed booking until reviews of Scrambler are out. If they ask for money like this or force me to cancel, I will cancel.
gtx2 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th July 2023, 13:57   #187
BHPian

Does anyone have any experience or feedback about Triumph Ahmedabad - Riya Autotech Pvt Ltd <https://www.triumphmotorcycles.in/dealers/india/riya-autotech-private-limited>?
I checked their Google Reviews and they are mostly good (Average=4.6/5)
Old 28th July 2023, 18:11   #188
BHPian

I have received a call from Keerthi Triumph, Bangalore today for test ride appointment, SA confirmed that deliveries & test rides to commence from 4th Aug, they are expected to provide 30min time window for each test ride
MathanK is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 28th July 2023, 22:57   #189
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by MathanK View Post
I have received a call from Keerthi Triumph, Bangalore today for test ride appointment, SA confirmed that deliveries & test rides to commence from 4th Aug, they are expected to provide 30min time window for each test ride
Thanks for the update, but can you elaborate a little on 30 mins window - One must reach the showroom within the 30 mins window for the test ride, or they will give 30 mins extended test or both.

Looking at our traffic conditions, one must keep at least a 30-40 mins buffer if they are so particular about the test ride window.
shailinder is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th July 2023, 14:15   #190
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vzvish91 View Post
Does anyone have any experience or feedback about Triumph Ahmedabad - Riya Autotech Pvt Ltd <https://www.triumphmotorcycles.in/dealers/india/riya-autotech-private-limited>?
I checked their Google Reviews and they are mostly good (Average=4.6/5)

I've had a positive experience with them while test riding the Tiger 660, and the Riya group in general has positive reviews. Even other showrooms under the Riya umbrella have a generally positive review and have heard nothing but good things about them.

You can proceed with a booking without hesitation if you'd like. They're proactive and customer centric.

Last edited by Axe77 : 29th July 2023 at 14:29. Reason: Minor formatting edit.
Kalash_6324 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 29th July 2023, 17:33   #191
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shailinder View Post
Thanks for the update, but can you elaborate a little on 30 mins window - One must reach the showroom within the 30 mins window for the test ride, or they will give 30 mins extended test or both..
They will provide 30min test ride for each appointment
MathanK is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th July 2023, 21:45   #192
BHPian

Quote:
What was your approximate booking ID or when did you book? I have received no call from Keerthi, my booking id is 96XX.
Old 30th July 2023, 06:19   #193
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sprocket View Post
What was your approximate booking ID or when did you book? I have received no call from Keerthi, my booking id is 96XX.
Same here. My booking id is 60XX and so far no calls received from Keerthi Triumph.
JohnyRider is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th July 2023, 06:38   #194
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sprocket View Post
I have booked on 28/June, booking ID# 04xx, SA did mentioned that the test rides are getting aligned based on the booking date
MathanK is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 30th July 2023, 13:56   #195
BHPian

Quote:
I have booked on 28/June, booking ID# 04xx, SA did mentioned that the test rides are getting aligned based on the booking date
Apologies if I am mistaken but didnt the prebookings start on 5th July, after launch? Was it possible to book on 28th June?!

For context, I have booked on 6th July at Triumph Pune and unlike some other folks here, have not gotten any calls from the showroom for TR. I called and they said I have to wait. Also, they said they have 2000 bookings for their store alone. Looks like their might be a wait, even if take it with a bucket/pinch of salt.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks